Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,217 members, 7,815,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady (23815 Views)

See The Borehole I Am Doing For My Uncle...a Relief Indeed! / I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! / 'my Mother's Death Would Be Satisfying & A Huge Relief To Me' - SA Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by bebe2(f): 5:20pm On May 02, 2018
Mums are human beings.

There are good mums and bad mums, unfortunately u got one of the bad ones, I would advice u move away and set urself free from the emotional traumas

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by Nazaretha1(m): 5:21pm On May 02, 2018
Seriously, I thought they banned codeine, must've been a misconception. (
LuciferChrist:
I support this 100%.

Her mom is clearly over 30 that's why. Women above 30 deserve death.

Shikena.

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by willi926(m): 5:23pm On May 02, 2018
Nazaretha1:
Can you imagine!
seriously oo, there was a time I challenged her oo, she asked me is it ur concern. Is it ur child. The woman just carry frustration dey put on top the children head.

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by Baobab4loan(m): 5:28pm On May 02, 2018
Kontinue
Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by Pavore9: 5:32pm On May 02, 2018
willi926:
seriously oo, there was a time I challenged her oo, she asked me is it ur concern. Is it ur child. The woman just carry frustration dey put on top the children head.

The painful aspect is that most feel that parents have every right to abuse their children and when they turn out dysfunctional they still look for who to blame!

Parental abuse is the most difficult to forgive.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 02, 2018
Some persons are busy insulting the lady. It is not necessary. You may not have an idea of what she passed through unless you were in her shoes.

Your mum or mine may be good. There are people out there, even on Nairaland that prefer the devil to their mum.

Not every woman with a child deserves to be called a mother.

4 Likes

Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by Eagba(m): 5:36pm On May 02, 2018
Why is it that uncaring parents demand the most from their children later in life?

8 Likes

Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 02, 2018
Abuse is not discipline. 'Spare the rod and spoil the child' is an ineffective, outdated, archaic, and violent method of child raising. You might think you are helping, not knowing you are destroying you child emotionally.

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by mitchyy(f): 5:47pm On May 02, 2018
If you didn't grow up with a VERY abusive parent, you wouldn't fully understand and feel her pain. The emotional scars never leave you...
There is a big difference between discipline and outright abuse.

What would you say about a teenager in University asking her dad for school fees and he angrily says she should go and sleep with men to get money, simply because he is quarreling with their mother?
Now that the lady has hustled her way through school by herself, taking up menial jobs and amounted to something good in life, he expects her to still recognize him as her father.
That is just the least compared to the physical and mental abuse the lady has gone through in her so-called father's hands. The scars on her body tell the story. And no, she wasn't a stubborn child.

People have no idea how abusive some parents can be. And a lot of them don't speak up

8 Likes

Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 02, 2018
carpmam:
I saw nothing wrong with what her mum did, spoil the rod and spare the child, if not for the military training her mum gave her,she for be one useless prostitute with possibly carrying hiv\aids
He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.”. This doesn't mean you must break the head of your child to drive a point. Discipline doesn't amount to death sentence

3 Likes

Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by otunbadan(m): 5:49pm On May 02, 2018
theunnamed:
If not for her mother, she wouldn't have been a woman, yet she wants her mom to die...

Ppl are ungrateful sha undecided undecided

Are you not ma.d
Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by Obason22(m): 5:51pm On May 02, 2018
theunnamed:
If not for her mother, she wouldn't have been a woman, yet she wants her mom to die...

Is like u don't understand English

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by johnsmhelia15(m): 5:53pm On May 02, 2018
theunnamed:

Abeg c this mumu
Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by mechanics(m): 5:57pm On May 02, 2018
I feel her pain, she should forgive and forget and delete all that sad memory from her mind.
Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 02, 2018
Amagite:
A South African lady, Bridget took to Twitter to share heartbreaking story of how her mom physically abused and cursed her.

According to her, the story she shared on Twitter is just a glimpse of what her mum did to her.

Read below...

"My mom abused me physically, she’d beat me up like she was fighting an adult. I remember this one time she was kicking me on my abdomen cuz I lost a R100...lol that day I started menstruating.

I could write a book about this woman but these are stories we don’t talk about on this app because our mothers are “perfect” .

She made a point that she reminded me how inadequate I am, now I’d never be anything life. Told me I wouldn’t even go to varsity. But I realize each & everyday that none of bad words turned out to be true. I became the opposite of every word & curse she spoke upon my life.

My chest tightens whenever she asks me for money. Like...okay..how are you asking someone whom you kept on telling that you want nothing from them even if they ever made it in life? I personally don’t think I’d cry if my mom died, it would be such a relief tbh. She hurt me a lot

She tormented me. She was supposed to be my best friend, she was supposed to protect me from this cruel world, but no I had to learn how to have my own back. I had to learn that I’m beautiful..on my own without anyone’s validation. She failed me as her only child.

Don’t tell me “she’s your mom”, she never played that role. I was her punching bag whenever my step dad did something to upset her. I was so young...I feared my mom. My heart would race whenever she came back from town. I found peace when she had gone out for a few hours.

Guys, I couldn’t wait to grow up. I remember praying to wake up old and in my own place where she couldn’t hurt me. I never enjoyed my childhood because I was my mother’s punching bag.

I never had a chance to study throughout primary school...I was always scared and terrified. I don’t know how I survived my mom. I honestly don’t know how I survived the monster she was.

I’m so grateful for @go2uj for their Psyched services, UJ didn’t only offer me education but for 4 years it moulded me & made me a better person. I doubt I could have been this woman I am today if I never had a psychologist from 1st year until my final year. I healed.

I still have this one memory that makes me laugh but it’s sad okay. So she instructed me to cook pap & I did but it was undercooked cuz I was young...So she made me eat the whole pot while slapping me . Wow..guys what if I was adopted?

Guys stop saying this was discipline. I was never a problem child. I was even isolated from other kids, I had no one to play with. I was always drawing people on the yard at home, even the drawing pissed my mom off. Also this is not even half of my story..it’s a glimpse.

My step sister fell pregnant twice and she would just come drop off her babies and run away. She played herself because my mom would throw her two boys on cemented floor just for crying, now they are not okay mentally..because of my mom.

When I’m strong enough & ready to let the world in...I will explain why I have operation scars that start from thighs down to my legs. But today I just wanted us all to know that a mother can break you. I’m glad I never broke. I’m a phenomenal woman because of all this.

I’m okay now. I’m far away from her. I went for therapy for about 4 years cuz I needed to build myself & heal. I needed to be okay so that I too could be a good therapist ..the therapist I am today.

I forgave her but I don’t think I owe her anything, my psychologist told me to block her and cut her off.

Black parents are abusive but nobody wants to talk about this.
"

See more here; https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/05/my-mom-physically-abused-me-her-death-would-be-a-relief-to-me-s-a-lady.html

Cc; Lalasticlala

My own mother has refused to see or talk to me or her grandkids for over 1 year now. Their offense, their father didn't ring her when she was on vacation in Spain.
No one should even bother telling where she's buried after she dies and passes the Fvck away.

3 Likes

Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by HoodBillionaire: 6:01pm On May 02, 2018
i no get hate for my fam
im a grown ass man
Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by Kinggnicole(f): 6:15pm On May 02, 2018
carpmam:
I saw nothing wrong with what her mum did, spoil the rod and spare the child, if not for the military training her mum gave her,she for be one useless prostitute with possibly carrying hiv\aids

You are too dumb. Just had to say.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by OkoAnike(m): 6:35pm On May 02, 2018
theunnamed:

Op, u are wicked...

Wish you all the best in your adventures
Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by Dinieoj(f): 6:35pm On May 02, 2018
You are not alone on this, mine was my dad. I wanted to run away but nowhere to run to at a time I thought I was adopted, I wished for a day to be told I wasn't his biological child no way,but today am stronger .Wishing she dies is too much.
Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by theunnamed: 6:36pm On May 02, 2018
Obason22:
Is like u don't understand English

The day her mom kicked her was the day she started her monthly flow, so her mom is responsible for making her a woman...

All these village witches are wise sometimes

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by theunnamed: 6:37pm On May 02, 2018
OkoAnike:

Op, u are wicked...

Wish you all the best in your adventures

Did you even read the story sef?
Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by theunnamed: 6:38pm On May 02, 2018
Bidobado:

My own mother has refused to see or talk to me or her grandkids for over 1 year now. Their offense, their father didn't ring her when she was on vacation in Spain.
No one should even bother telling where she's buried after she dies and passes the Fvck away.

You are just ranting ni

It is you that will cry the most when the time comes
Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by OkoAnike(m): 6:39pm On May 02, 2018
carpmam:

Even to her grand children that are mentally unbalance now...

Ur comment is a wicked one

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by Martinez19(m): 6:41pm On May 02, 2018
carpmam:
undecided

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by OkoAnike(m): 6:41pm On May 02, 2018
theunnamed:

Did you even read the story sef?

I did... Are you aware of the status of her grand children, they are mentally unbalance courtesy of the special mother. I don't know what to say again...

It's well.
Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by Adefemiaderoju1: 6:45pm On May 02, 2018
Obviously your mum is cruel but I will advise you to forgive her and move on because she's still your mother
Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by Martinez19(m): 6:46pm On May 02, 2018
mitchyy:
If you didn't grow up with a VERY abusive parent, you wouldn't fully understand and feel her pain. The emotional scars never leave you...
There is a big difference between discipline and outright abuse.

What would you say about a teenager in University asking her dad for school fees and he angrily says she should go and sleep with men to get money, simply because he is quarreling with their mother?
Now that the lady has hustled her way through school by herself, taking up menial jobs and amounted to something good in life, he expects her to still recognize him as her father.
That is just the least compared to the physical and mental abuse the lady has gone through in her so-called father's hands. The scars on her body tell the story. And no, she wasn't a stubborn child.

People have no idea how abusive some parents can be. And a lot of them don't speak up
Abuse is traumatic and the abuser approaching the abused as if nothing happened is also traumatic. I too have been a victim of abuse.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by crazybee069(m): 6:48pm On May 02, 2018
theunnamed:

Abeg see idiot o
Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by kmaster007: 6:49pm On May 02, 2018
bad child
Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by Sexyolori(f): 7:02pm On May 02, 2018
carpmam:
Just Shut up if u dnt have something sensible 2 say.
Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by oglalasioux(m): 7:05pm On May 02, 2018
theunnamed:

You had love and that's why you won't understand. Why give birth to a child you enjoy being cruel to? She owes no gratitude to the monster mother. My mother is worse so I understand.

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady by ChykeBivins(m): 7:13pm On May 02, 2018
I emphatise with you.. Try and picture her in those scenarios she explained..It must have been hell

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Mum's Not Dead!’-Daughter Of Missing Abuja-based Woman Insist Her Mum's Alive / Soldiers Rescue 14 Pregnant Teenagers, 8 Children In Abia - Photo / Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.