Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members (41175 Views)

Deface Your Uniform And Get Punished - NYSC Warns Corps Members / Your Uniform Not Licence To Commit Crime, NYSC Warns Corps Members / NYSC Advises Corps Members To Serve Not To Win Souls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Oduwils222(m): 9:12am On May 03, 2018
Operation taking territories for Christ.
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by redsun(m): 9:15am On May 03, 2018
Graduates should be more realistic rather than delusional. There is no ppint having a higher education if all they are going to do is talk about fictional dead jesus that has nothing to do with everyday africans realities.

They should be more hands-on and productive rather than talking rubbish and deceiving the gullible and putting them deeper into the hole. They should be the beacons that shine the light in the darkest dungeons, not the propagators of darkness that organised and indoctrinated religion creates.
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by mynamewilfred(m): 9:46am On May 03, 2018
The call is such a commonsensical one. The man never said don't evangelise, but do it with ultimate cautions. There are hostilities everywhere especially in those areas where killings are on the rise, we never can tell the remote causes of these killings. So whosoever has ears, let him hear what the spirit is telling the church. Those that were killed in the past, how many of you here kicking against this advice has what it takes to reverse the happenings? As for me, this is an honest advice. Not even CAN will deliver you when it happens. We should not tempt God, it's a clear case of ignorance if it happens again. Bible says my people perish because they lack knowledge. Just be wise!
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Mozez26(m): 10:09am On May 03, 2018
Ytea:
The devil is a liar.
Rural rugged will never die!

God bless you ma'am.

1 Like

Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by emmie14: 10:31am On May 03, 2018
0temSapien:
Hmm. But some noises disturb the public while some don't. Religious noises are the worst of all.
Is worse than okada horn?
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by cardoctor(m): 10:50am On May 03, 2018
Are they all Christians?
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by InHim4Him(m): 11:01am On May 03, 2018
360frolic:
The Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brigadier General Zakari Kazaure, while assuring Corps Members posted to serve in Taraba State of adequate security has warned then against evangelism.

He insisted that the concern of the corps members should be to serve and not to go and indoctrinate the host communities

Kazaure said these on Wednesday in Jalingo when he visited Corps members currently undergoing orientation course at the NYSC camp, Sibre, near Jalingo.

Represented by the Director of administration and management, Alhaji Habibu Kurawa, the DG said that the NYSC management was aware that elections were around the corner and had put in place measures to ensure the safety of each corps member posted to the state.

“I can assure you that we don’t wait till the election before working for the security of Corps members.

“We have put in place measures to ensure that your accommodations are well guarded and officials on the ground have instructions to collaborate with the relevant security agencies in your respective places of Primary Assignment to guarantee your safety.

“Let me, however, warn you that you are posted to go and serve and not to go and evangelise. Your concern should be to serve and not to go and indoctrinate your host communities. Conversion of souls is not your concern,” Kazaure said.

He urged the Corps members to conduct themselves well and be good ambassadors of their states, tribes, and schools.

He noted that the society expects a lot from the corps members and urged them to work hard to live up to the expectations.

The DG called on the corps members to avail themselves of the opportunities in the state to build themselves for self-sufficiency rather than looking for white collar jobs that are rarely available.

http://newshelm.ng/we-sent-you-to-serve-not-to-do-evangelism-nysc-dg-warns-corps-members/

cc lalasticlala mynd44

I thought Osibanjo said nobody can islamize Nigeria. When you hinder evangelism is it not because Nigeria has stopped being a secular state.
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Rachaelgold(f): 11:04am On May 03, 2018
NCCF will never die. .Hallelujah. .Rural Rugged will never die.. Hallelujah...We are serving God and also serving the nation
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by eebraa(m): 11:49am On May 03, 2018
Anybody that wants to do evangelism should quit NYSC! You were sent to serve not to preach about your beliefs about that son of a woman you call GOD!
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by eebraa(m): 11:52am On May 03, 2018
That's how they will be disturbing you with irritating noise!!! Bloody pretenders in nccf.Even inside bus,they wont let u enjoy ur ride in peace.Na dem sabi samankwe pass
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by talk2percy(m): 12:00pm On May 03, 2018
grin the North has always been afraid of being told the truth
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Teedamaniac: 12:08pm On May 03, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
Most of you saying Evangelism must not die. Were you not told to respect your host community religion. I could remember when I served at Okada in Edo state. I went to teach some of my students. My students told me, uncle don't pass this route today, the traditionalist were doing some religious rite. In the night they brought the Oro cult out. NYSC is not a medium for you to preach, serve your God jejely and don't disturb others.
. So you served in Okada, na you write Gaddafi was here for that corpers lodge ba? Lol
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:18pm On May 03, 2018
Teedamaniac:
. So you served in Okada, na you write Gaddafi was here for that corpers lodge ba? Lol
Lol... Omo this guy get me sha.
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Andy2274: 12:39pm On May 03, 2018
So unfortunate that my christian brethren don't understand this man. He is not saying you should not evangelize but don't let it over take whatever you are posted to do. Rural rugged has come to stay but don't make it a major duty. For those shouting and insulting the DG, please don't deceive those serving in the northern part of Nigeria. Don't go to states like Bauchi, zamfara, yobe, Maiduguri and co to do evangelism because you want to do rural rugged. Obey the laws of the community you are posted to. I served in the north and I know what I am saying. Do whatever you are doing with caution. Alot of things you do in other parts of the country as a corper you cannot try it in the North o. Don't be deceived. Do your service jeje, and bring yourself back safely for your parents and siblings don't go and form pastor in the North. Don't tempt God.
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Fabiyke: 12:53pm On May 03, 2018
Please I got a question. If someone loses his NYSC cap or crested polo, how do you get a replacement?
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Kfed4ril(m): 12:59pm On May 03, 2018
Ytea:
The devil is a liar.
Rural rugged will never die!
Hallelujah

1 Like

Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by atoleybaba(m): 5:02pm On May 03, 2018
Roadmike:
This man needs psychiatric examination, his obviously sick. Does services implies you should not serve or worship God ?
Aswear u are d one who needs mental evaluation.... He didn't say u shouldn't serve whoever, he said u should respect other people belief. Taraba is a hostile state and so preaching will be a risky something. It is for ur safety cos trust me if u die cos u were preaching in the midst of herdsmen with u knowing fully well they are herdsmen and don't won't to listen to ur preaching. Even God and Jesus will refuse ur body cos he were stupid cos d Bible book of proverb said wise/shrewd is the person that listen to advice and make use of d advice and also a diligent person makes plan before executing action also d Bible says there is time for everything time to preach and time to keep quiet even Jesus knew when to preach and when to keep quiet. U remember when Jesus was chased by d pharisees in d temple? Did he say I av power oya all of u chasing me die? No, he ran and his himself (u see, time to preach and time to keep quiet) that doesn't mean he wasn't outspoken he condemning d pharisees when possible. Do u also remember when he was brought up to Pontius pilat? When he was asked if he really was d king of d Jews? He didn't go on defending himself and saying long story or answering affirmatively buh tactfully dodged the question. Moral lesson, be like Christ, use ur brain and don't die in vain....worship ur God but don't do it in a reckless way by preaching in a place that is not safe
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by 0temSapien: 8:23pm On May 03, 2018
emmie14:

Is worse than okada horn?
Does okada horn sound in your street at midnight? Fruitless vigils all night.
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by industrialchemi: 1:23am On May 04, 2018
Jigba:

Stop playing the victim card. He didn't mention any particular religion.

Hello, good evening. Your are in studienkolleg right?. Wanna go for it but my friends are telling me that it’s not easy and I should do it but that’s my only option now. Also, am going for engineering. How is the programme and is it that hard as people always say?.

I sent you a mail though, please kindly reply, thank you.
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Nobody: 4:34am On May 04, 2018
industrialchemi:

Hello, good evening. Your are in studienkolleg right?. Wanna go for it but my friends are telling me that it’s not easy and I should do it but that’s my only option now. Also, am going for engineering. How is the programme and is it that hard as people always say?.

I sent you a mail though, please kindly reply, thank you.

Yes studienkolleg is hard but you have to work really hard and read your books to scale through.

Some engineering courses are restricted, this means that you have to have a particular score to get admitted into the University. But fortunately it's not in all states. For example, here in Frankfurt, engineering courses are not restricted but in Aachen it is.

I'm sorry, I won't be able to reply your pm. Hope this answers your question.
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Teedamaniac: 10:16am On May 04, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Lol... Omo this guy get me sha.

Hahaha...cool though, na we dey for now
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 4:21pm On May 04, 2018
Teedamaniac:

Hahaha...cool though, na we dey for now
Nice one. How are the students, the teachers and the principal? I hope no more thuggery in that school after my set dealt with them.
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by industrialchemi: 9:47pm On May 04, 2018
Jigba:

Yes studienkolleg is hard but you have to work really hard and read your books to scale through.

Some engineering courses are restricted, this means that you have to have a particular score to get admitted into the University. But fortunately it's not in all states. For example, here in Frankfurt, engineering courses are not restricted but in Aachen it is.

I'm sorry, I won't be able to reply your pm. Hope this answers your question.

Am going for aeronautical engineering in Hamburg, Aachen, Munich or Bremen.
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by timtrey: 12:16pm On May 09, 2018
Gospel Power Unlimited
They are aware and afraid of the Gospel power if not why will Nysc representative warn corpers not to Evangelise in Taraba as their primary assignment was to serve the nation.
‎Gideon went into the camp of the midianites at night and heard their words and he perceived that God had given them( Israel )the victory.
‎God has given the souls to us for all souls belongs to God Ezekiel 18:4 and Nigeria will forever remain a Christian dominant country.
‎My dear corpers if they say don't Evangelise let ur lifestyle show them Jesus whose ambassadors you are.
‎ Let your light so shine in Taraba and everywhere you go so men may see your good works and glorify your father in Heaven. No man lights a lamp and put it under a bushel.We need this gospel light more than ever as a nation when there is threat of darkness all around.When the earth was without form and void God ignored the darkness and decreed light and there was light Genesis1:3

‎The 3 Hebrew boys didn't have to preach to take over the nation, because they didn't bow to the king's decree to serve other gods the whole nation bowed to worship and pledge allegiance to the fourth man in the fire who is the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego who made them walk inside fire unharmed. When you pass through fire it shall not hurt you is God's promise to you. Isaiah 43:2.
‎Daniel also didn't have to preach but who will not bow to or serve the God of a man who answered greetings and made speech from the lions den.

‎Also are they not ministering Spirits sent to minister to them that shall be heirs of ssalvation Hebrews 1:14 .
‎ There is a dynamic ministry of reaper Angels in invading a city and Nation.
‎I therefore as God's prophet invoke the reaper Angels to invade all the harvest fields across Nigeria as you go to serve your father's land.
‎When the Ministry of Angels and Holy Ghost the master reaper( who is not limited to use men you can attempt to stop or intimidate) is invoked nations and cities comes under a siege.
‎For the weapon of our warfare are not carnal but might through God to the pulling down of strong holds.2corinthians:10:4
‎If you can't preach physically you can engage the reaper Angels on your knees in fervent prayers for the effectual fervent prayers of a righteous man availeth much James 5:16. who can stop, kill or arrest the reaper Angels. For the wind bloweth where it listed John3:8.
‎I declare that in Taraba and other cities in Nigeria we shall witness strange massive harvest of souls as you go bearing the light of the glorious gospel into the dark places of the society.
‎The gospel is the power of God unto salvation.For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation.

‎God's promise is to give you wherever the soul of your feet shall tread and not where you preach .Joshua 1:5
Have the best of your service year as you serve God for if they obey and serve me the will spend the remaining of their years in pleasures and prosperity.Job36:11
See to it that you fulfill the Ministry of reconciliation of the world back to Christ.
‎Jesus is coming back again and youth service year will come to an end soon.

‎Only fools doubt proofs says Bishop Oyedepo
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by jattopeter(m): 6:30pm On May 12, 2018
I THINK THE MAN IS RIGHT , FOR SECURITY PURPOSE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Female Corper Rocks NYSC Khaki In A Grand Style / Bayelsa Corper Proposes To His Corper Lover During Their Parade & She Said Yes / Corper Wins Car For Maintaining Virginity Till Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.