Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima (11772 Views)

Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace / Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip / Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 21, 2010
Where are the muslims to defend their religion?

Illiteracy is a problem in Nigeria o embarassed
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by sjeezy8: 6:10pm On May 21, 2010
These people should stop giving islam a bad name.

Even in Egypt -its against the law to marry an underage girl.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by obi123: 6:21pm On May 21, 2010
puke inducing!!!!!
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by hafees: 6:27pm On May 21, 2010
Its sad. I am a Muslim and i can not understand where yerima and his boys got the nonsence from. What Islam prescribes is after a girl observe her first period, obviously she has become a woman, she should then be engaged or married. Now things have since changed even 9 years olds see their periods, my mum told me those days its from 15 upward. Now married or engage she lives with her parents until considered matured and through with her education. Islam look at the education of women as something very important. More importantly, Islam allows the girl a say, if she likes the man yes they go ahead  but if not, that marriage is illlegal.

It is convenient to say Islam when they mess up

My problem is how do we separate culture from Islam.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by golamike: 6:49pm On May 21, 2010
Five questions:
1. Is Islam a devine religion?
2. Can Islam be categorised into 2 - The Northern Islam and the other Islam?
3. Who are the proponents of sharia law? (Elites or Illitrates)?
4. Should sharia be practised in a secular country?
5. Is sharia law greater than a country's constitution?
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by tosinaded(m): 7:24pm On May 21, 2010
pity u guys cant defend ur religion embarassed
such a shame!!!!
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by buffox: 7:24pm On May 21, 2010
golamike:

Five questions:
1. Is Islam a devine religion?
2. Can Islam be categorised into 2 - The Northern Islam and the other Islam?
3. Who are the proponents of sharia law? (Elites or Illitrates)?
4. Should sharia be practised in a secular country?
5. Is sharia law greater than a country's constitution?

1. Divine religion? I am not sure how relevant that is. every religion claims it is of God; who sets the standards? We all practise what we are handed.

2. Islam cannot be categorised into 2. Nigerians can be; the shallow-minded, and the broad-minded, as it relates to this topic.

3. Proponents of the Sharia law are the shallow-minded

4. Sharia law can be practiseed in a secular country as long as the limits are clearly defined.

5. Go and ask Obasanjo; he is the architect of all this mess.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by buffox: 7:31pm On May 21, 2010
tosinaded@:

pity u guys cant defend your religion embarassed
such a shame!!!!

Who is attacking the religion? Or you just feel the need to bash it? the issue has always been the people who practise it, and not the religion.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by udezue(m): 7:34pm On May 21, 2010
Lol @ Bismul,Privatize
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by beebop(f): 7:45pm On May 21, 2010
Do you know what happens when a barely developed girl gets pregnant and can't get access to medical care

She usually needs a C-section because her uterus is not developed enough to carry a baby. But usually that's not happening so. She's in labor for hours and days as the baby tries to make its way through the birth canal. It's impossible so the baby's head usually gets crushed. If she's lucky and the baby finally manages to get out (not alive by that time), she has a gaping hole in her private regions because her urethra is destroyed. Then pee starts leaking out of her until she stinks like crazy and by then husband don tire for am.

the Child Rights Act is there for a reason.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by buffox: 7:53pm On May 21, 2010
^^ Thanks for the insight. Its ridiculous how these illiterates hide under the cover of sharia to do things. We understand law enforcement is a problem in nigeria, but not someone at his level.

And everyone is so jittery to act, because of the comfortable cover of religious attack. The bold step needs to be taken once and for all! Why is the Legislature not saying anything?
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by dacrew: 7:59pm On May 21, 2010
i blame d parents of d little girl 4 allow such a beast 2 even look at her,let alone think of marriage, this man really sucks.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by buffox: 8:01pm On May 21, 2010
^^ well someone that came all the way from egypt to nigeria to be a driver, u can tell he was really poor. Then the corrupt paedophile lures him with $ 100,000 in cash, what to do? He probably could not even take proper care of the child.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by SisiKill1: 8:22pm On May 21, 2010
[Quote]
Finally, we are calling on all Muslims intending to marry any child or woman of their choice to go on because Islam allows that. Enough is enough."[/quote]

Speechless!!!
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by semid4lyfe(m): 8:29pm On May 21, 2010
Blame Obasanjo. . .he could have prevented Yerima from implementing Sharia law in '99 if he really wanted to. Yerima did it and this emboldened some other Nothern states to do same.

Sharia shouldn't even be practised in Nigeria at all.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by member479760: 8:31pm On May 21, 2010
Catch them young is the only good thing to happen as of this period of development. i i i i need neeed neeeed 16 years old also.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by sonyvaio(f): 9:05pm On May 21, 2010
Why all this pretense of being shocked?
Are you not aware that after the death of Khadijah; the prophets first wife (years older than him and RICHER too grin),
the prophet Mohamed married Aisha at age 6 and consummated (had intercourse with her) at age 9 tongue
So what do you expect of practitioners of Islam?
follow after their leader of course.
http://www.answering-islam.org/Silas/childbrides.htm#s3
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by babaowo: 9:25pm On May 21, 2010
this is very sad,because of this yerima deed
i will ask all the muslims tenant to evacuate
my compound. shame on islams brethen
they cant even defend themselves
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by oweniwe(m): 9:28pm On May 21, 2010
In every society there must be law, rights, rules & regulations in order 2 create social stability. When there is on law or respect 4 d law, d result is social instability, mogadishu, ganjaweed, & genocide. It is disregard 4 d law that made some fulani nomads 2 slaughter people like chickens in jos & that is what d fanatic clerics are telling muslims 2 do. No matter what religion, quaran, or any holy book says, what is wrong is wrong. If it is wrong to eat unripe fruits coz they may be toxic & create health hazard, if wrongly utilising business capital/skewed business objective can kill a company leading 2 loss of jobs & its attendant trauma, then child marriage can do a lot 2 d society as well. @ Kobojunkie- i think d reason why yar adua was playing saint is because he knows his time is near. @ 9jafreak- education can't change those savage barbaric fanatics. If a highly educated mutallab can try 2 blow a plane with bomb in his pants, educating those fanatics would make them 10 times worse than bin laden who was a CIA agent. The truth is, they are possessed by demons wit heavy logs of iroko on their eyes & their brains have decayed by half. Thats why they're muttering all those rubbish. D only solution is 2 tie them up & throw them into space so they can talk garbage 2 d moon, jupiter & saturn coz i don't buy d idea of killing people coz of what they believe.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by tosinaded(m): 9:34pm On May 21, 2010
buffox:

Who is attacking the religion? Or you just feel the need to bash it? the issue has always been the people who practise it, and not the religion.

are u sayn wut the people like yerima practice is not part of the religion?
u not making sense to me abeg!!!

still waiting for muslim clerics to come defend there religion abeg!!!!
is yerima really practising islam,or he's jst gone psycho?
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by boomii(f): 10:00pm On May 21, 2010
Pls don't turn this in a religious war cos b4 you say 'Goodluck Jonathan' now some houses will be razed and people butchered grin grin grin

The man is definitely a PSCHO, end of discussion.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by semid4lyfe(m): 10:35pm On May 21, 2010
He is a moslem psycho is he not?
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by md4real(m): 10:43pm On May 21, 2010
It the battle of faith and modernity. Many of you might think that it 21st century and shit like this should not occur? He says his religion permits and the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria permit freedom in religious practices. I beg allow the man. Mr 21st century advocates, Check your street and tell me number of under ages and teenager in your street which most of you patronise.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by buffox: 10:46pm On May 21, 2010
tosinaded@:

are u sayn wut the people like yerima practice is not part of the religion?
u not making sense to me abeg!!!

still waiting for muslim clerics to come defend there religion abeg!!!!
is yerima really practising islam,or he's jst gone psycho?

My friend, neither the Quran nor the Bible specifies any minimum marriage age, so I wonder what you are talking about. It is common knowledge that these were the practices in those days, and girls went into puberty old enough to handle the rigours of marriage. Now whoever practised that then is a different issue as there are evidence in all the religious books I have read that this was taking place.

That was around the 7th century, and this is the 21st century, times have changed. That is why I still say it is the people who are practising and not the religion. The religious leaders have the responsibility to put this information in the right context for their followers. You wouldn't hear this happening is the south and there is a large Islamic community there as well. THE PEOPLE, not the religion.

If everyone was to practise to the last detail what is in the holy books, there would be no one left on this earth!
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Amjustme: 10:47pm On May 21, 2010
datz why dis northern teenage girls kip on swarming d hospitals cos of VVF. Why are people being animals in d name of religion Why?
Yerima shld be sued n locked up in jail for abusing a teen
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by buffox: 10:49pm On May 21, 2010
md4real:

It the battle of faith and modernity. Many of you might think that it 21st century and poo like this should not occur? He says his religion permits and the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria permit freedom in religious practices. I beg allow the man. Mr 21st century advocates, Check your street and tell me number of under ages and teenager in your street which most of you patronise.

It permits freedom within the STATE LAW!
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by md4real(m): 10:52pm On May 21, 2010
babaowo:

this is very sad,because of this yerima deed
i will ask all the muslims tenant to evacuate
my compound. shame on islams brethen
they cant even defend themselves

You sound like a big fool with no focal point. Must you comment? You should be happy that the internet is like this you would have chewed your words.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by md4real(m): 10:59pm On May 21, 2010
buffox:

It permits freedom within the STATE LAW!
good point! So what section of the law has he broken? I guess their is a portion of the constitution that says ALLEGE is actually the fact? The fact is that we all need closure in everything we do and also believe what we want to. This senator guy said is chick aint 13 and most do not agree but somebody said it is and we believed them. Please,
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by buffox: 11:02pm On May 21, 2010
^^ If true, he has broken the Child Rights Act, that specifies 18 as the minimum marriage age.

Exactly, we hear she is 13, he said she is not 13. Is that how to settle the issues? He should come out and clear himself, or he be subject to the legal process. Why are they issuing threats in the name of religion?

For a lawmaker to say he is not bound by the laws of the land is enough for him to be recalled, as he took an oath to protect same!
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by bidemi12(m): 11:11pm On May 21, 2010
I swear, and i am talking from personal experience, there is no difference between afghanistan and the nigerian north. same f.ucked up mentality.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by buffox: 11:15pm On May 21, 2010
^^ GBAM! Nail on the head! A 'flock' of people, brainwashed by a bunch of hypocritical leaders playing double standards with what they preach. Imagine how many people who trust and take that Sharia oga as their lord and mentor.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by bashdecash(m): 11:40pm On May 21, 2010
is very unfortunate that some people in here are very repulsive at the sound of the name NORTH or ISLAM. its been long since i visited NL because of all these.

HATERS, thats the word am gonna use for such guys in here. why dont you get over it and grow up.

what Yerima did is not contrary to Islamic teaching and i better marry up my child at 13 than to allow her have it the illegal ways like MANY OF US HERE. we cant deny the truth that Islamic world is more chaste than the western world, and many people cannot bear the jealousy because we refuse to make the mistake they did by accepting the western IMMORAL culture and leaving their own clean ones.

what ever tribe u belong in Nigeria, u grew up hiding away all the indecent activities u commit from ur parents, thats because it is not in our culture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

15 Farmers Killed In Fresh Fulani, Agatu Clash / 2017 Budget Faces Fresh Hurdle At National Assembly / Kwara Freedom Is Unstoppable In 2019, Says Kwara Must Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.