Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,278 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima (11741 Views)

Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace / Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip / Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by AMIRACH: 11:44am On May 24, 2010
the best for this country is to split like Ghadafi suggested since we cannot be governed by one law, sharia my shit
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by GeorgeD1(m): 12:46pm On May 24, 2010
Ormania:

This is silly and emabarassing. As a muslim i am embarassed with this so called muslims. Kai! Muslim can marry anyone irrespective of AGE? Bull poo!

you don't need to be ashamed. this is not the first time people are hiding under religion to commit atrocities. sad
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by pingu2k5(m): 1:12pm On May 24, 2010
I heard Yerima's 25-year-old son calling his 13-year-old step-mother mom, grin, This is so patheti
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by GeorgeD1(m): 1:19pm On May 24, 2010
well, i won't be surpised if some of his sons start bleeping the young bride in the corner when dad has gone for sitting!
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 24, 2010
@dexmond, bidemi12, AF 4 Lyfe, teskyg, jas amn & soldee.

If you claim your are aghast with Mohammed story, then you having something coming. unless all the disgust express is on double standard which some nairalander are known for.

Now I want you to also focus on the stipulations of the Bible which allowed marrying a girl of 3 years and 1 day old!!

if you are still in denial check Genesis 17:17 which narrate the story of Isaac marry Refka while she was just 3 years old. The Genesis mentioned that Isaac was born while Sara was 90 years old. Refqa was born in the same year in which Sara died i.e 127 years old" i.e. Isaac then was thirty seven years old, and Refka was just a baby. When he attained forty years old and she attained three years, Ishaq has married her. Refer to: "And Isaac was forty years old when he married Rebekah daughter of Bethuel the Aramean from Paddan Aram and sister of Laban the Aramean". (Genesis 25:20).

The 55th Commandment of Talmud Sanhedrin  stated: "A maiden aged three years and a day may be acquired in marriage by coition".

Of course, modern populist Christians don’t read their own texts; they just cut and paste what serves their own interests.

Instead of making sense of the whole set up ; we resort to groupthink & bigotry, accusing the muslim & islam religion as Paedophilic. When even for the people God so love jew were practising OT bible !" is the age that girls become adults. Or have you never heard of the Batmistfa?>>
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by pingu2k5(m): 2:18pm On May 24, 2010
@AIRDIG: for just a moment, lets forget about all these historical writings and assertions. Tell me, do you think it is right to have sex with a 4-year-old girl? Can you do it? Don't you think having sex (marrying) with a child is like raping her since she does not have a choice or cannot be said to consent to such?

If you answer yes to any of the questions, I'm sorry, you're a sick fellow together with whoever believes such is right.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 24, 2010
@pingu,
No thanks for the name calling, as the abuse is not appreciated!
I'm responding to you cos I felt your response to my exposition was a mistake, Lest I let you drag me down with you to your level (You wont catch me trading abuse with you)
The answer to your questions is NO!. The historical context is to portray the tradition/norm of that era, what I detest is the hypocrisy involved in the discourse, e.g
-When it's recorded/Practise in the bible = We keep mute. o.k (You can't understand spiritual thing with common sense Blah Blah!)
-When it's recorded/Practise Koran = paedophile scream fill the earth (you get a Mohammed is a paedophile & Islam is evil rant)

And you expect me to join in such songs of hypocrisy & bigotry (No! never! I'm an objective thinker, not a religious hypocrite)
Learn to be just, that to me is next to godliness.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by maclatunji: 2:54pm On May 24, 2010
This case and the arguments that have ensued have their roots on some basic questions:

1. What is morality?

2. Who or what defines morality?

3. And how do you derive the moral codes which guide you in your day-to-day existence on this planet?

God has already given man, these guidelines through the many Prophets that he sent to man overtime, with the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) being the last of the of these prophets.

Therefore, We Muslims derive our morality on the basis of the the last of the scriptures revealed by God; the Qur'an and live by the principles of the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him).

So for further arguments it might actually help us for you to tell us the source from which you base your pronouncements and make judgements on the issue. Anything short of this is just name calling which has no basis in real science or logic.

N.B: Those of you sanctimonious posters should note that what you perceive today as being normal and right under the western civilization or religion which you blindly follow today would have changed in a hundred years from now. So do you agree that in a 100 years most of your beliefs and moral positioning will be seen as silly? Are they silly? Are you silly?

Let me give you an example, Up till about 2 decades ago, the western world, presented infant baby formula (Baby Food) as the best food to feed infants. But now it's all about being "baby friendly". So just like that an individual will have to move from being a champion of infant formula to exclusive bosom feeding based on what the west feeds him.

However, a Muslim who understands Islam would have told you over the decades in fact over 1400 years that bosom feeding your baby for up to 2 years is the best. Something the World Health Organisation (WHO) and UNICEF just recently discovered.

So it does not matter whether you accept or reject them, the rules of God are constant and will always prevail.

Or you want more. Take this, About a century ago into the 19th century, VERY GOOD CHRISTIANS IN EUROPE WERE HAPPY TO HAVE THEIR SONS AND DAUGHTERS MARRY THEIR FIRST COUSINS. Now, how many christian clergy can sanction this kind of marriage. Mind you the rules have not changed. its just the players.

It seems that Christainity is more like a business, it adapts to its environment to retain patronage. Abi, you guys have moved Jesus (Peace be upon him), from being "Son of God" and part of the "HOLY TRINITY"  to being actually God. Tell me when you pray who do you visualize as God. Let me Guess an old white man, with a big white beard in a white robe. Hey! wait a second I thought he created you in his own image, look in the mirror are you white? And if you are a girl, why do you have to visualise a man as God, why not a woman?

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

I never knew typing 'h' and 'e' could be so much fun.

Remember no name calling or those who have vision and insight will realize that I am a better than you.  Do you want them to realize it?
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by ehala: 3:13pm On May 24, 2010
So far I have read NLs post and it seemed to be one sided. I would have loved it that those who are also Muslims should clearly spell out where it was stated for such a sacrilige. I have a few posers for the infamous senator.

1. Yerima recently divorced his 19 year old 3rd wife with an infant to cater for. Guess when he married her - not upto 3yrs back!

Nobody as asking about the pschological and social welfare of this young single mother who has been traumatised by the beastiality in Yerima. If indeed he loves her why divorce then remarry another child?

2. If it was a crime in Egypt, considering that they are even more 'Islamic' than the so called Islamic Nigeria, why is it applauded by the Islamic council?

3. Yerima further claims that he only respect the Islamic laws against the Nigerian constitution; then why is he in the senate where they profess to uphold the constitution and make laws for the entire country.

4. This is a man whose actions are despicable and a disgrace to humanity. Its a shame that so called religious leaders are backing him up and then trying to threaten the whole nation because of this bigoted fellow! Nonesense!!
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 24, 2010
^^^
AIRDIG:

@pingu,
No thanks for the name calling, as the abuse is not appreciated!
I'm responding to you cos I felt your response to my exposition was a mistake, Lest I let you drag me down with you to your level (You wont catch me trading abuse with you)
The answer to your questions is NO!. The historical context is to portray the tradition/norm of that era, what I detest is the hypocrisy involved in the discourse, e.g
-When it's recorded/Practise in the bible = We keep mute. o.k (You can't understand spiritual thing with common sense Blah Blah!)
-When it's recorded/Practise Koran = paedophile scream fill the earth (you get a Mohammed is a paedophile & Islam is evil rant)

And you expect me to join in such songs of hypocrisy & bigotry (No! never! I'm an objective thinker, not a religious hypocrite)
Learn to be just, that to me is next to godliness.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Cokerr(m): 3:18pm On May 24, 2010
I am not gonna say what he did was right,nope,i wont say that but mind you,i wont judge him cos i wasnt,i am not and i will never be God.How can you guys be so interested in something you know little or nothing about.most of you are biased christians.this country is doomed with people like you all.stop these unnecessary attacks and let God be the final judge.We have different religions,different ways of life,different traditions.Weve got to respect our culture so as to give way to peaceful co existence
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by ehala: 3:39pm On May 24, 2010
AIRDIG:

If you claim your are aghast with Mohammed story, then you having something coming. unless all the disgust express is on double standard which some nairalander are known for.

Now I want you to also focus on the stipulations of the Bible which allowed marrying a girl of 3 years and 1 day old!!

if you are still in denial check Genesis 17:17 which narrate the story of Isaac marry Refka while she was just 3 years old. The Genesis mentioned that Isaac was born while Sara was 90 years old. Refqa was born in the same year in which Sara died i.e 127 years old" i.e. Isaac then was thirty seven years old, and Refka was just a baby. When he attained forty years old and she attained three years, Ishaq has married her. Refer to: "And Isaac was forty years old when he married Rebekah daughter of Bethuel the Aramean from Paddan Aram and sister of Laban the Aramean". (Genesis 25:20).

The 55th Commandment of Talmud Sanhedrin stated: "A maiden aged three years and a day may be acquired in marriage by coition".

Of course, modern populist Christians don’t read their own texts; they just cut and paste what serves their own interests.

Instead of making sense of the whole set up ; we resort to groupthink & bigotry, accusing the muslim & islam religion as Paedophilic. When even for the people God so love jew were practising OT bible !" is the age that girls become adults. Or have you never heard of the Batmistfa?>>

@ AIRDIG

I think you are as dumb as a 3yr old!
Please check your facts before coming here to misinform and spread unscrupoulous comments.
Your Bible quotation of Gen 17:17 never mentioned Isaac marrying Rebecca when she was 3yrs old!
Everyone knows the story of how Abraham sent his servant to go and get a wife for his son and what consequently happened. Nairalanders can a 3 yr old be able to take her father's sheep for grazing and then fetch water to give to Abraham's servant? The bible made it clear that Rebecca was a fully grown up woman before her marriage. For your info Gen 17:17 states 'Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?

secondly Gen 25:20 simply says that ' And Isaac was forty years old when he took Rebekah to wife, the daughter of Bethuel the Syrian of Padanaram, the sister to Laban the Syrian'.

Please i want to admonish that u check your facts before coming here as enlightened minds are here and not some misguided myopic religios bigots like you! Mschew
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Tuyis: 3:50pm On May 24, 2010
Cokerr:

I am not gonna say what he did was right,nope,i wont say that but mind you,i wont judge him cos i wasnt,i am not and i will never be God.How can you guys be so interested in something you know little or nothing about.most of you are biased christians.this country is doomed with people like you all.stop these unnecessary attacks and let God be the final judge.We have different religions,different ways of life,different traditions.Weve got to respect our culture so as to give way to peaceful co existence

Arrant nonsense. What is not right is not right. This man is clearly interested in sleeping with children. It is not only a crime in Nigeria, but a crime that shouldn't be committed by an esteemed senator of Nigeria.
And what is all these bulls about letting God be the judge when you are knowingly destroying other people's lives?
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by dustydee: 3:55pm On May 24, 2010
AIRDIG:

The 55th Commandment of Talmud Sanhedrin  stated: "A maiden aged three years and a day may be acquired in marriage by coition".

Please cross check your facts, stop posting false information. The Quran is not the same as the Bible.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Olaolufred(m): 4:10pm On May 24, 2010
@ AIRDIG

Refqa was born in the same year in which Sara died i.e 127 years old

Sir, You quote Gen: 17:17 to show me how old was Abraham and Sarah at Isaac's birth.

I want to learn from you. Please quote for me Where you got the Information of Refqa's birth from same bible.

Can't find Refqa. To me, I know Rebbeca. but from you i may learn better.

Thanks.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Olaolufred(m): 4:15pm On May 24, 2010
Since AIRDIG is online,

I hope to get a quick answer.

Waiting for your response.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by illusion2: 4:16pm On May 24, 2010
[center]AIRDIG is very busy on google ,desperately trying to find where a six year old got married in the Bible  cheesy[/center]
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by pingu2k5(m): 4:25pm On May 24, 2010
@ Airbig: I only said you must be sick if your answer to any of the questions is yes. Since it's no, you are not sick and you are, at least, sane.

Your reference in the old testament is wrong. Mind you, most of the practices in the old testament have been abolished by the the new testament.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by oluite(f): 4:36pm On May 24, 2010
toddlers too, ? shocked
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Tuyis: 5:03pm On May 24, 2010
oluite:

toddlers too, ? shocked

Peadophiles are not bothered by such "minor" details. They should get their willies amputated as far as I'm concerned.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 24, 2010
Shameless folks,
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by nopuqeater: 5:24pm On May 24, 2010
@onlysose (m) « #156 on: Yesterday at 08:35:49 AM »  
@nopuqeater
You use common sense alot.
Common sense, is permissable in Islam, as long as it is not against Quran and Sunnah. When the prophet sent Abdullah (RA) as the governor of Yemen, he asked him how will he judge the people. his answer was by the Book of Allah. he then asked if you do not see the decision immediately from Quran, what do you use? he said by Sunnah of the prophet (AS). the question is the same about sunnah as that of Quran above. the governor to be said i will use by own discretion (brain, common sense, etc, acting independently). the prophet (AS) said that he is grateful that Allah allows people of independent conscience in Islam. for if there is no independent conscience we will all be like drones, not seeing the fullness of the sea of knowledge in Islam. for example, all could just have married their first cousin, rather than looking far and wide even accross the pond for a mate, in order to vary the genetic pool.

Personally I  dont  like yerima, he  is  a politician, a 419er, etc  but the issue here  is  not  yerima, it is  Islam. I dont  know your background but  Islam permitted child marriage.
give me a single verse of the Quran that supports your statement and or provide a hadith or give example of a marriage between sahabah, male and female companions or a woman mate that is not a muslim that will support child bride. and before you use Aisha(RA) as example, please know that the conditions of Muhammad (AS), are unique. his fasting, his number of wives, etc, are not like that of muslims in general. what is important too about Aisha is that she was seen in dreams, twice by the messenger (AS) and dream is part of revelations and when was Aisha (RA) born relative to her father's first year of Islam entry to it? if she was born before the beginning of revelation, how old was she before "Iqra" and then 13 years in Makka, she couldnt have remained 9 in the second year of Hijra!

child  marriage is  not an  obligation. child marrriage is becoming old  fashion these days  because it is  all about  choices.[/qote]There has always been choices in Islam; marrying 2 or 3 or 4 or just 1.

I  believe child  marriage has a  space in our practice as muslims that  is  why  Allah in his  almighty wisdom  permitted it . Adult marriage is  also allowed  in Islam.
I need a single verse from the Quran that says child bride is allowed. But of course Muhammad (AS) says get knowledge even if it means going to china for it. even from nigeria and on plane, china is a long distance journey and the one who goes there for knowledge must be dedicated to the intention.

The way  we  worship  as  muslim is that if  today their is an islamic law that say muslims dont  take shortcuts  while  working along  your  streets,  we  submit. we dont go into  what is common sense about   taking  shortcuts.
wrong my brother. any law by anyone that does not have its thread to Quran, Ahadith must be innovation which leads to hell fire. for exampke, the prophet [ra] sent some companion on a mission made one of them a leader whom all must obey. the leader on the journey ordered his associates to collect wood and made a fire, which when it became inferno commanded them to jump into. they refused and he quipped that the prophet (AS) had made me your leader and commanded you to obey me. they said yes, but we will not obey you on this. finally when they returned to Medina, they asked the prophet, who told them that if they had obeyed his commandment of jumping into fire, they would have remained in the fire until the day of Judgement. of course no believer wants to be in fire! We must not obey blindly. Allah does not even want people to worship Him blindly, except to know His Lordship as Absolute.

As humans we  would want  to  ask  a  lot  of questions  about the  nature God, why  we have to  worship him, how comes  about God. then  use  common  sense here. In  the  bible  the  holy spirit doesnt  forgive  blasphemy then use  your  common  sense Its  all  about  faith. common sense is  an  easy exit  out  of religion.
Ibrahim (AS) the father of faith and a FRIEND of Allah even wants to be sure, by asking question, using common sense in order that his heart be at peace.

I try as  much  as possible  to  dodge  laws that  I  am  not  comfortable  with in a situation   where  I  am  faced  with  choices. some  other  people could  choose not to dodge those  laws.
there is no law in Islam that is rigid. there are always choices. there is no islamic state, there is no Kalifah. we have individual believers, mumim, mumina, but there is not true muslim country. saudi arabia is not it and definitely iran is not it. look at what they do, to other muslims and even to non muslims! the guy who is marrying 13 years old woman, and devorcing them at 19, is performing Zina if he knew at the time of marriage that there will be a time in the future that he will devorce her. if he does that, he is what we call people of Zina. finally, Sahabah Ali Abitalib (RA) cautioned women from marrying his son from Fatimah (RA) because he was fond of marrying and devorcing just as much since the women were willing because they wanted to be part of the "HOUSE of the prophet (AS)" in order to be covered in the prayer Commanded by Allah in Surah Azhab. Deeds are looked upon by intentions. If the intention is unIslamic, the deed will be looked at as unIslamic.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by nopuqeater: 5:31pm On May 24, 2010
@pingu2k5 (m)« #210 on: Today at 04:25:47 PM »
@ Airbig: I only said you must be sick if your answer to any of the questions is yes. Since it's no, you are not sick and you are, at least, sane.

Your reference in the old testament is wrong. Mind you, most of the practices in the old testament have been abolished by the the new testament.
if the OT is dead, why keep dead part still in the Christian book, but to leave it for the JEWS? this is one of my crocks with the Christian thinking!
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by pingu2k5(m): 5:49pm On May 24, 2010
The OT is not dead; it is just some practices that have been abolished by the NT (new covenant). The bible cannot be complete without the OT because it must start from the beginning, the origin.

This is not the point of this thread, though. The point is: marraige to children is wrong. If Yerima should search his conscience (that is if he has one) and he is true to himself, he will find guilt there. It is absolutely wrong.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Yadyas4rlv: 7:12pm On May 24, 2010
ALLAH just 4giv des people because they know notin.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by illusion2: 7:35pm On May 24, 2010
nopuqeater:

@onlysose (m) « #156 on: Yesterday at 08:35:49 AM » Common sense, is permissable in Islam, as long as it is not against Quran and Sunnah. When the prophet sent Abdullah (RA) as the governor of Yemen, he asked him how will he judge the people. his answer was by the Book of Allah. he then asked if you do not see the decision immediately from Quran, what do you use? he said by Sunnah of the prophet (AS). the question is the same about sunnah as that of Quran above. the governor to be said i will use by own discretion (brain, common sense, etc, acting independently). the prophet (AS) said that he is grateful that Allah allows people of independent conscience in Islam. for if there is no independent conscience we will all be like drones, not seeing the fullness of the sea of knowledge in Islam. for example, all could just have married their first cousin, rather than looking far and wide even accross the pond for a mate, in order to vary the genetic pool.

give me a single verse of the Quran that supports your statement and or provide a hadith or give example of a marriage between sahabah, male and female companions or a woman mate that is not a muslim that will support child bride. and before you use Aisha(RA) as example, please know that the conditions of Muhammad (AS), are unique. his fasting, his number of wives, etc, are not like that of muslims in general. what is important too about Aisha is that she was seen in dreams, twice by the messenger (AS) and dream is part of revelations and when was Aisha (RA) born relative to her father's first year of Islam entry to it? if she was born before the beginning of revelation, how old was she before "Iqra" and then 13 years in Makka, she couldnt have remained 9 in the second year of Hijra!

I need a single verse from the Quran that says child bride is allowed. But of course Muhammad (AS) says get knowledge even if it means going to china for it. even from nigeria and on plane, china is a long distance journey and the one who goes there for knowledge must be dedicated to the intention.

wrong my brother. any law by anyone that does not have its thread to Quran, Ahadith must be innovation which leads to hell fire. for exampke, the prophet [ra] sent some companion on a mission made one of them a leader whom all must obey. the leader on the journey ordered his associates to collect wood and made a fire, which when it became inferno commanded them to jump into. they refused and he quipped that the prophet (AS) had made me your leader and commanded you to obey me. they said yes, but we will not obey you on this. finally when they returned to Medina, they asked the prophet, who told them that if they had obeyed his commandment of jumping into fire, they would have remained in the fire until the day of Judgement. of course no believer wants to be in fire! We must not obey blindly. Allah does not even want people to worship Him blindly, except to know His Lordship as Absolute.

Ibrahim (AS) the father of faith and a FRIEND of Allah even wants to be sure, by asking question, using common sense in order that his heart be at peace.

there is no law in Islam that is rigid. there are always choices. there is no islamic state, there is no Kalifah. we have individual believers, mumim, mumina, but there is not true muslim country. saudi arabia is not it and definitely iran is not it. look at what they do, to other muslims and even to non muslims! the guy who is marrying 13 years old woman, and devorcing them at 19, is performing Zina if he knew at the time of marriage that there will be a time in the future that he will devorce her. if he does that, he is what we call people of Zina. finally, Sahabah Ali Abitalib (RA) cautioned women from marrying his son from Fatimah (RA) because he was fond of marrying and devorcing just as much since the women were willing because they wanted to be part of the "HOUSE of the prophet (AS)" in order to be covered in the prayer Commanded by Allah in Surah Azhab. Deeds are looked upon by intentions. If the intention is unIslamic, the deed will be looked at as unIslamic.
nopuqeater = common sense.

Enough respect to you. . . . . . .your post is deeply revealing ,kudos !
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Everbright(f): 8:53pm On May 24, 2010
It's a pity sad
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by onlysose(m): 11:13pm On May 24, 2010
@nopuqeater
Sahih Bukhari told us that Aisha narrated the hadidth herself and hadith is the sunnah of the holy prophet
which we are suppose to copy. The prophet- PBUH has permitted things like contract marriage in the past during warfare but latter disbanded it . The prophet was very clear about things he did and told us not to do. This point you raised has given you away because no one has contested this hadith and its teachings.
now I am convince you have a very poor education in islam.

As regards to common sense

what ever we do as muslims we first look at the holy koran and the koran has taken care of every thing
You cant produce a chapter like the holy koran. THere is nothing that is not explained in the holy Koran- I know
this staement will be too complex for you to comprehend.

when Allah gives orders we follow irrespective of how it looks like.The Prophet gave us choices because people are different. when you break your fasting intentionally you have the option of feeding 60 needies or fasting for 60 days repayment.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by jasman1: 11:29pm On May 24, 2010
IF ISLAM IS A TRUE RELIGION AND IF ANYONE HERE IS PRACTICING THAT RELIGION AND CONSIDER THE RELIGION REAL, THE OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK UP AGAINST THESE EVIL MEN THAT HIDE BEHIND THEIR RELIGION TO RAPE AND DESTROY LIFE IS NOW. MR AIRDIG, ISLAM IS NOT THE WAY, AND I WISH YOU WELL
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Olaolufred(m): 7:47am On May 25, 2010
[b]I was a Muslim by birth. But the truth I saw is that those who can read and write English combine it with the peripherial knowledge they acquired in Quran to brainwash the Illiterates. Or the literates that are not Quranic knowledgeable.
I can not continue to live on someone's opinion. Most stories I heard from my Alfa then was more of Compositions that are questionable.

For Instance, If AIRDIG is in an Islamic crusade now, and told the false stories of Isaac married Rebbeca when she was three(3) years old, all the illiterates he is misleading will say Allahu akbar. But when sane ones and educated ones are able to ask him for proof(with facts). Truth will be known by all who are being brainwashed.
I am not saying you should not proof your belief. But not on premises of blatant lies and brainwashing.
This kind of Teachers are those causing ceaceless mayhem in the North.

I remember how the so-called islamic who never for once read Quran, let alone understand it nearly attacked my friend while she serves NYSC in North-west.
They were angry that she was drinking Coke during Ramadan. Wanted to attack until a yoruba woman who understood their plot told her to drop the drink and sheltered her to safety. This is gross Illiteracy.

Those who knows little among them will always continue to feed them with heresies so that they can continue to use them.

I made my choice. I know Islam first. But discovered the new choice I made now is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better.

Whatever our belief is, let us speak truth. Let us not preach hatred and crime.

May God help us. And may we be ready for God to help us.[/b]
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by GeorgeD1(m): 9:20am On May 25, 2010
olaolufred,
that was a good one.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Nobody: 10:09am On May 25, 2010
ehala:

@ AIRDIG

I think you are as dumb as a 3yr old!
Please check your facts before coming here to misinform and spread unscrupoulous comments.

Please i want to admonish that u check your facts before coming here as enlightened minds are here and not some misguided myopic religios bigots like you! Mschew

My position is against the backdrop of the jewish interpretation of their Hebrew bible of which have a position on it.
There are two opinions in the Midrash as to how old Rebecca was at the time of her marriage. According to the traditional counting cited by Rashi, Isaac was 37 years old at the time of the Binding of Isaac, and news of Rebecca's birth reached Abraham immediately after that event (see Rashi on Gen. 22:20). Isaac was 40 years old when he married Rebecca (Gen. 25:20), making Rebecca 3 years old at the time of her marriage. According to the second opinion, Isaac was 29 years old and Rebecca was 14 years old at the time of their marriage.[4] Another view is that Rebecca was 10 years old at the time
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca

BTW Mature folks don't trade abuse as a way of passing their opinion across. Thanks)

dustydee:

Please cross check your facts, stop posting false information. The Quran is not the same as the Bible.

Just because you don't know sth doesn't mean other people don't believe in it. of course some have written to say they don't neccesarily share this religious edict above.  That shouldn't be a ground to accuse me of fabrication (don't shoot the messenger)
http://viewpoints.utj.org/?p=519 balanced view, uhm?

What I am passing across is that if you are going to codemn Yerima act as being constitutionally against Nigeria law. Pls do so.
and if you are going to castigate religion on the basis of some of their stories (not codemned by the same books). Pls do so & while you are at it, don't employ the hypocrisy of double standard (in other word what's good for the Koran, is equally good for the Bible)

Just because I chose to be on the side of objectivity doesn't make me a moslem. BTW your assumption of using the Koran is wrong.
I guess you know about the Midrash (in case you don't, Midrash is the homiletic method/teachings on the Hebrew Bible(biblical exegesis) by which the sources  of the traditionally received laws are identified. It often function as a proof of a law's authenticity; a correct elucidation of the OT. in case you don't know, now you know

http://www.jstor.org/pss/1453343

Olaolufred:

@ AIRDIG

Sir, You quote Gen: 17:17 to show me how old was Abraham and Sarah at Isaac's birth.
I want to learn from you. Please quote for me Where you got the Information of Refqa's birth from same bible.
Can't find Refqa. To me, I know Rebbeca. but from you i may learn better.
Thanks.

Rebecca ?? ( Lest we forget the biblical story did not take place in europe)
FYI what the european called Rebecca is really Rivkah, Hebrew: רִבְקָה,  Rivqa Tiberian  or Rifqāh. It appears in the Hebrew Bible as the wife of Isaac and the mother of Jacob and Esau.
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca

One common misconception among  people is to think that europeanized version of biblical names are the name the actual persons bore. No! It's worthy of note to know the Jews spoke Aramaic/Hebrew. Rebecca will be as strange to Rivkah, just as Jesus will be to Yahshua, if you are to call out to them in the street.
Pls, study more! Thanks

Olaolufred:

For Instance, If AIRDIG is in an Islamic crusade now, and told the false stories of Isaac married Rebbeca when she was three(3) years old, all the illiterates he is misleading will say Allahu akbar. But when sane ones and educated ones are able to ask him for proof(with facts). Truth will be known by all who are being brainwashed.
Whatever our belief is, let us speak truth. Let us not preach hatred and crime.
May God help us. And may we be ready for God to help us.

Wrong assumption again, the position you I referenced is the hebrew Bible position onthe issue akins to the moslem Shariah.
Another assumptionI perceivwed you are making is that I'm backing those who are using the islamic story to justifiy their act. If yes then the assumption is wrong again!

My position is against those chastising the religion of the Moslems on the account of a man's action when the Hebrew Bible contain similar events.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aiyedatiwa Inches Closer To Ondo APC Ticket As 18 Lawmakers, Elders Back Him / Robbery Suspect Caught Among Police Recruits / FG Begins Release Of N100bn For Constituency Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.