Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip (4801 Views)

Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace / Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima / Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by idiopathic: 5:58am On May 28, 2010
http://www.leadershipnigeria.com/news/headlines/15577-leave-yarima-alone-women-tell-naptip

Groups of women comprising the Association of Widows and Less Privileged Empowerment and the Hausa-Fulani Women Group of Nigeria yesterday picketed the offices of the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons and Other Related Matters (NAPTIP) over what they termed the undue attempt to prosecute Senator Ahmed Sani Yarima, accused of marrying an underaged girl. The women said they are against the Child Rights Act because it is a bill that does not guarantee the future of the average Muslim girl. Rita Audu, the president of the widows association, said the reasons why girls in the North are being married out early is because of the fear of HIV/AIDS and other related diseases that these girls might contract if they are left on their own. She added that Yarima had been nice to the widows right from when he was the governor of Zamfara State, and it is unfair that people are spoiling his name all over the country over his marriage to his 13-year-old wife. "There is nothing wrong with getting married at an early age. Most of us were married between the ages of 10-12, and nothing has happened to them. We didn't contract VVF. What is being done is that your husband will not touch you until you are mature enough. Some girls are being kept in their parents houses until they reach the age of 17 or 18, which is the appropriate age for a husband to start having sex with his wife according to Islam. “We have been to Egypt to see the girl, and she is in good hands, under the custody of her parents, until she attains the right age before Yarima can touch her," Audu said.
Addressing the women, NAPTIP's Executive Secretary, Mr. Simon Chuzi Egede, e said the agency had received their grievances and would look in the matter. He said Nigeria is governed by rules and laws, made by the National Assembly and NAPTIP is only enforcing the laws, which child rights acts is among. “So, if there are any complains, they should be made to the National Assembly since they were the ones that made these laws.”
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by bilymuse: 6:59am On May 28, 2010
idiot
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by Wilfem(m): 7:26am On May 28, 2010
Its now that I got to know that illiteracy is really a disease. Bunch of fools
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by princekevo(m): 7:40am On May 28, 2010
There is nothing wrong with getting married at an early age. Most of us were married between the ages of 10-12, and nothing has happened to them.

Now you can see bunch of female Cows speaking, and this is why some group of people wanna remain backward forever. So becoz they married at the age of 10 and 12 made it right for a 54 year old man to marry a 13 year old woman in this civilised world

What is being done is that your husband will not touch you until you are mature enough.

So how do they explain the allegedly 4th wife of Yarima who is 17years with 2kids. How would they explain her divorce by Yarima at the age of 17years to create a chance for the new 13years of Egyptian girl?

BUNCH OF IDIOT.S!!!
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by dustydee: 8:26am On May 28, 2010
idiopathic:

She added that Yarima had been nice to the widows right from when he was the governor of Zamfara State, and it is unfair that people are spoiling his name all over the country over his marriage to his 13-year-old wife.
He has been taking care of the widows too. shocked shocked shocked grin

What is being done is that your husband will not touch you until you are mature enough. Some girls are being kept in their parents houses until they reach the age of 17 or 18, , these laws.”

That is if he is still alive. At 54 he is nearer ti his grave than ever.
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by Nobody: 8:35am On May 28, 2010
if you watched It you would have seen that they came in a National Assebly Bus.
Question? Who gave them A Nass Bus?
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by email1(m): 8:45am On May 28, 2010
silly people. why do people stil sing the praise of evil men? these women should have been born in the stone age.
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by johnie: 8:49am On May 28, 2010
I heard on Channels TV News last night that the women came to the NAPTIP office in a bus with a national assembly number plate! The report indicated that the group was led by one 'christian' woman named Rita Audu.

Who are they fooling? They are a big disgrace to womanhood.

The news report also indicated that the NAPTIP secretary who received them expressed disappointment at the women and told them in no unclear terms that they should have directed their protest to the national assembly where the law was made. He said that as long as the law continues to exist, NAPTIP would see to its enforcement.

I was very impressed with the chap! We need more of such people who would not be cowed by those who consider themselves above the law!
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by dustydee: 8:51am On May 28, 2010
johnie:

The news report also indicated that the NAPTIP secretary who received them expressed disappointment at the women and told them in no unclear terms that they should have directed their protest to the national assembly where the law was made. He said that as long as the law continues to exist, NAPTIP would see to its enforcement.

I was very impressed with the chap! We need more of such people who would not be cowed by those who consider themselves above the law!
Gbam!
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by Nobody: 9:00am On May 28, 2010
johnie:

I heard on Channels TV News last night that the women came to the NAPTIP office in a bus with a national assembly number plate! The report indicated that the group was led by one 'christian' woman named Rita.

Who are they foolling. They are a big disgrace to womanhood.

Yes I was really impressed with the NAPTIP head, he also noted that since they came with a NASS vehicle, they should go back to NASS and protest to them for making the laws
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by ayo84(m): 10:52am On May 28, 2010
Its now that I got to know that illiteracy is really a disease. Bunch of fools
smiley smiley smiley

seriously these people have definately been paid some money to cover for this yerima dude.
can you imagine, even yerima wuldnt give his 13 year old daughter in marriage .
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by dogzymallo: 11:11am On May 28, 2010
well this is a country where the senators or reps do evil and get away with it.pls who gave them nass bus? yerima! and THAT MAN CALLED DAVID MARK IS OUR SENATE PRESIDENT and is he going to tell us that that that CHILD TRAFFICKER YERIMA IS NOT GUILTY OF THIS SECOND CRIME OF HIRING A NASS BUS FOR THIS.THEN THE ILLITERATE WOMAN AUDU WHO SPOKE ,IS SHE A MEMBER OF WHICH CHURCH?IS IT IN HER OWN BIBLE TO SUPPORT EVIL? WELL PLS PEOPLE . RISE UP AND VOTE THIS HOOLIGANS OUT OF THE SENATE. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by ehala: 11:17am On May 28, 2010
where are those who have been supporting Yerima na?
Guys please go to
http://www.leadershipnigeria.com/news/headlines/15577-leave-yarima-alone-women-tell-naptip

and read the rubbish those supporting Yerima have put forward. It is sickening that we still allow peodophiles like this to walk as free men!
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by candylips(m): 2:23pm On May 28, 2010
the guy don bribe them
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by Wilfem(m): 3:15pm On May 28, 2010
candylips:

the guy don bribe them
What else did you expect? Even the Coaster bus that took those people to that place is another controvertial issue on its own
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by calyx: 4:14pm On May 28, 2010
idiopathic:

Groups of women comprising the Association of Widows and Less Privileged Empowerment and the Hausa-Fulani Women Group of Nigeria yesterday picketed the offices of the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons and Other Related Matters (NAPTIP) over what they termed the undue attempt to prosecute Senator Ahmed Sani Yarima, accused of marrying an underaged girl. The women said they are against the Child Rights Act because it is a bill that does not guarantee the future of the average Muslim girl. Rita Audu, the president of the widows association, said the reasons why girls in the North are being married out early is because of the fear of HIV/AIDS and other related diseases that these girls might contract if they are left on their own. She added that Yarima had been nice to the widows right from when he was the governor of Zamfara State, and it is unfair that people are spoiling his name all over the country over his marriage to his 13-year-old wife. "There is nothing wrong with getting married at an early age. Most of us were married between the ages of 10-12. . .

Little wonder then why you people are already widows. The next thing of course will be begging for help, empowerment and growing your association.
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by NET1(m): 4:51pm On May 28, 2010
The only thing neccesary for EVIL to triumph, is for GOOD men to sit and WATCH.

.NET
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by Undispu3rd(m): 4:59pm On May 28, 2010
Poverty is at again.

Otherwise what will make a full fledged woman, who has experience the pang of child birth, receive monetary gift from a sexual-maniac  come out boldly to defend

the most obnoxious, and disgusting crime against woman in the land!

I pity those who sells out their conscience for perishables.
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by JeSoul(f): 5:02pm On May 28, 2010
idiopathic:

Groups of women comprising the Association of Widows and Less Privileged Empowerment and the Hausa-Fulani Women Group of Nigeria yesterday picketed the offices of the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons and Other Related Matters (NAPTIP) over what they termed the undue attempt to prosecute Senator Ahmed Sani Yarima, accused of marrying an underaged girl. The women said they are against the Child Rights Act because it is a bill that does not guarantee the future of the average Muslim girl. Rita Audu, the president of the widows association, said the reasons why girls in the North are being married out early is because of the fear of HIV/AIDS and other related diseases that these girls might contract if they are left on their own. She added that Yarima had been nice to the widows right from when he was the governor of Zamfara State, and it is unfair that people are spoiling his name all over the country over his marriage to his 13-year-old wife. "There is nothing wrong with getting married at an early age. Most of us were married between the ages of 10-12, and nothing has happened to them. We didn't contract VVF. What is being done is that your husband will not touch you until you are mature enough. Some girls are being kept in their parents houses until they reach the age of 17 or 18, which is the appropriate age for a husband to start having intimacy with his wife according to Islam. “We have been to Egypt to see the girl, and she is in good hands, under the custody of her parents, until she attains the right age before Yarima can touch her," Audu said.
Addressing the women, NAPTIP's Executive Secretary, Mr. Simon Chuzi Egede, e said the agency had received their grievances and would look in the matter. He said Nigeria is governed by rules and laws, made by the National Assembly and NAPTIP is only enforcing the laws, which child rights acts is among. “So, if there are any complains, they should be made to the National Assembly since they were the ones that made these laws.”

I am ashamed on behalf on these women  sad. This is just . . . sad. This manner of mentation is so deeply ingrained in their culture, I scarcely think anything or anyone can make them see or think different. Gosh, this is messed up.
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by dfanthom(m): 5:09pm On May 28, 2010
bunch of sickos. . . .

see what poverty can cause. . . . .

shame on those women-folk that sold their rights for a pot of mess-porridge. . . .
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by brilantio: 5:12pm On May 28, 2010
I wonder how much money they were paid.
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 28, 2010
dfanthom:

bunch of sickos.  .   .   .

see what poverty can cause.   .    .   .   .

shame on those women-folk that sold their rights for a pot of mess-porridge.   .  .   .
Exactly . . . . .

I dont blame them, but how would "going against the child act law" guarantee the future f their children? Very foolish.
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by MyJoe: 5:19pm On May 28, 2010
Actually that was the most hilarious TV I have seen in a long time! Had me in stitches. First, some of the women had their placards upside down. They knew little or nothing about Yerima, so when asked if it was proper for Yerima to divorce a 17-year-old wife to marry a new one they countered that they did not know what that one did to Yerima. After the NAPTIP guy spoke to them they looked happy as they departed. And to crown it all two boys appeared on camera to "wish Yerima's wife happy children's day!"

It would have been all fun were it not for the tragic fact that a 13-year-old girl's future is on the line here!
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by ayo84(m): 5:22pm On May 28, 2010
see wetin poverty dey cause for naija,
operation carry placard for the highest bidder,shame on these women
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 28, 2010
MyJoe:

Actually that was the most hilarious TV I have seen in a long time! Had me in stitches. First, some of the women had their placards upside down. They knew little or nothing about Yerima, so when asked if it was proper for Yerima to divorce a 17-year-old wife to marry a new one they went countered that they did not know what that one did to Yerima. And to crown the fun two boys appeared on camera to "wish Yerima's wife happy children's day!" It would have been all fun were it not for the tragic fact that a 13-year-old girl's future is on the line here!
rotflmao!!! are you serious?! shocked grin cheesy
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by mrofficial(m): 5:28pm On May 28, 2010
Make i laugh. grin grin grin grin
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by airzzee(m): 5:31pm On May 28, 2010
My worry is that this MAN is still a law maker in Nigeria. Are we not in trouble?

As for the protesting women,
, their reasons are laughable.
, they are probably hungry, and paid N5,000 each to sell their conscience and expose their barbarism.

We are watching how the case closes.
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by jokingmary(m): 5:32pm On May 28, 2010
princekevo:

Now you can see bunch of female Cows speaking, and this is why some group of people wanna remain backward forever. So becoz they married at the age of 10 and 12 made it right for a 54 year old man to marry a 13 year old woman in this civilised world

So how do they explain the allegedly 4th wife of Yarima who is 17years with 2kids. How would they explain her divorce by Yarima at the age of 17years to create a chance for the new 13years of Egyptian girl?

BUNCH OF IDIOT.S!!!

you must be a lawyer
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by hackney(m): 5:32pm On May 28, 2010
I think mobile schools is the solution for educating the north.
This is because most of them are illiterate and hard to reach in those remote Ba Turanchi areas.
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:33pm On May 28, 2010
I saw this news. I'm like seriously are these women mothers?

If they are, then may what they support also be done to their daughters! What goes around must surely come around!

What a disgrace to womanhood! Twahhh!!!!
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by Spyker: 5:51pm On May 28, 2010
When i saw this news on AIT, i realize why we are a backward Nation and how illiteracy is celebrated in Nigeria. Even one of the Protesters was asked if she knew that Yerima divorced his 17years old fourth wife to make room for the 13years old and she said, she is not aware of it. I realized immediately that "poverty" has drained the brain of people.
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by Fhemmmy: 5:57pm On May 28, 2010
So because the man has no shame, he has funded some stuff like this as well?
The man has no confidence in himself and knew that, by the time the little girl gets to the age of 17 or 18, she might might refuse, so he wanna marry her young, when she has no voice of her own.
I think this is ridiculous and not fair to the kids at all.
See the woman saying they most married young and nothing has happened to them, i think it is time they allow the kids t have a voice and not just speak for them.
A kid is a kid and belong in classrooms at the age of 13 and not in a man's house.

Would all these people be glad to marry out their own kids at the age of 12?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died / Nupeng Threatens To Shut Oil Production Amid Strike / ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.