Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" (11859 Views)

Black Market Speculators Lose Big After Naira Gains N50/$1 In A Few Days / Zukerberg Loses Big As Facebook, Watsapp And Instagram Goes Down / World Richest: Jeff Bezos Regains Title As Elon Musk’s Tesla Loses $15.2bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Ibime(m): 8:32am On May 05, 2018
SternProphet:

There are NO answers. It is a new technology area.

They are not the only ones with that technology, and any advantage they have can be easily disrupted. Nissan Leaf is the no1 selling electric car no be so?

1 Like

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by BedLam: 8:34am On May 05, 2018
Ibime:

The pertinent question is how Tesla became the 6th most valued company in the world by selling less than 100,000 cars per year, while Toyota which sells 10 million cars per year is valued at $190bln only.

Teslas valuation is built on fluff and speculation and they are burning through investor money much like UBER. Elon better sit up and be serious about these pertinent questions.
Seems to me you are the only smart person here. kiss
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Truth234(m): 8:37am On May 05, 2018
Ibime:

The pertinent question is how Tesla became the 6th most valued company in the world by selling less than 100,000 cars per year, while Toyota which sells 10 million cars per year is valued at $190bln only.

Teslas valuation is built on fluff and speculation and they are burning through investor money much like UBER. Elon better sit up and be serious about these pertinent questions.

Haba, guy as at close of business on Friday, Tesla market capitalization is $52.86 billion. It is a public traded company.
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by chukzyfcbb: 8:38am On May 05, 2018
so because of a mere 10% drop, is why y'all are ranting....10% drop that could be filled back in no time, how are we even sure the stock has not rebound to its former price.

What will you now say about Forte Oil that dropped bout 50% in one year
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Ibime(m): 8:46am On May 05, 2018
Truth234:

Haba, guy as at close of business on Friday, Tesla market capitalization is $52.86 billion. It is a public traded company.

You're right. I no dey follow market these days but I vaguely recall reading it somewhere which must be wrong. Anyway the fact that Tesla market cap was higher than Ford, GM, BMW and co means something is not right. This is technology that these other companies would easily disrupt.
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:49am On May 05, 2018
Ibime:

You're right. I no dey follow market these days but I vaguely recall reading it somewhere which must be wrong. Anyway the fact that Tesla market cap was higher than Ford, GM, BMW and co means something is not right. This is technology that these other companies would easily disrupt.
It is but BMW made a profit of 10 billion dollars last year and tesla hasn't. He's running tesla like a tech company. The big players like Mercedes Toyota and BMW haven't even entered the electric car scene full time.

1 Like

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Truth234(m): 8:55am On May 05, 2018
Ibime:

So because an innovative company is successful means something is not right? Again, Tesla is not your typical car company, the company is into a lot of things and the first in most of those, hence, the quick rise in its value. Also, Telsa is not bigger than BMW in Market Cap.

Tesla is not just about technology, Tesla is about innovation.

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Flickzvill(m): 8:59am On May 05, 2018
SternProphet:
This is an entrepreneur for you. Always highly stressed. If you don't buy their stock only because Musk was rude then you should not be an investor
but he lossed a lot of money in the world of enterpreneurship you have to play along just to be on track now this mistake he has done will be noted and recorded he is rude.
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by ghettochild(m): 9:00am On May 05, 2018
Though his response wAS uncouthed..
Those who ran will come BACK to buy d cat at a higher price..
U dont so shakara for d person that will still give u chopmoney...
They need d car... he wants their money
They need it more badly than he does need their money..
Remember he isnt just into electric cars...
Other projects abound
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by chukxie(m): 9:16am On May 05, 2018
That's his business. How many Nigerians own Telsa cars? Our biggest problem now is how to get Buhari out of Aso Rock or get him to be the CinC that he was voted to be.
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Ibime(m): 9:19am On May 05, 2018
Truth234:

So because an innovative company is successful means something is not right? Again, Tesla is not your typical car company, the company is into a lot of things and the first in most of those, hence, the quick rise in its value. Also, Telsa is not bigger than BMW in Market Cap.

Tesla is not just about technology, Tesla is about innovation.

Success eventually would be judged on turning a profit rather than attracting capital. That's what the other car companies are doing. Tesla is 15 years old. At which point should one expect them to turn a profit? Teslas can quite easily be disrupted, so I'm struggling to see the long-term value without the numbers to show for it.

1 Like

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by BetaThings: 9:27am On May 05, 2018
omoiyalayi:
That was how buhari de-market us that day saying nigeria youth are lazy

Only God knows the level of damages that had done to this country now

About Elon I comment my reserve

You don't need a Buhari to tell victims of yahoo yahoo and their friends that Nigerians are fraudulent
The very unpleasant experience Oprah Winfrey had with Nigeria is enough to demarket the country for ages
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by BetaThings: 9:28am On May 05, 2018
Ibime:

Success eventually would be judged on turning a profit rather than attracting capital. That's what the other car companies are doing. Tesla is 15 years old. At which point should one expect them to turn a profit? Teslas can quite easily be disrupted, so I'm struggling to see the long-term value without the numbers to show for it.

People also queried Amazon's model for years
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by harmbhrosz(m): 9:32am On May 05, 2018
slap1:

This makes no sense to me. How do you know he was stressed? Why not avoid the teleconference entirely if he wasn't up for it, instead of showing up and being rude?
There is no excuse for how he replied to those questions. He was disrespectful and arrogant!
lol stocks doesn't fall because the CEO is rude or arrogant (CEOs are often rude to the press in one way or another as every human is arrogant or rude in one way) , he wasn't being open with the subject of discussion so therefore investors will not be sure to invest. It's as simple as that

Forget the headline coz that's what the media does (blow informations out of proportion just to stay at the top or gain traffic) and stop reading village interpretation to everything please.
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Ibime(m): 9:34am On May 05, 2018
BetaThings:

People also queried Amazon's model for years

Amazon turned profit within 6 years.
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Truth234(m): 9:37am On May 05, 2018
Ibime:

This is my last response, I agreed you have not been following. Tesla reported better than expected results for the first quarter, hence, the post earning call that led to all this. It was better than all analysts' projection, yet the reporter didn't ask about it, the reason people like yourself and others didn't even know the company exceeded expectation in the first quarter despite numerous challenges. Tesla is a potential profit-making company, there are orders--more than 500,000, but the company production level is too low to meet the demand it created or why do you think there is such demand in the first place? Quality is second to none.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:45am On May 05, 2018
Somebodydaddy01:
This Elon will be killed soon .....he’s shaking a very big table

You think say na naija.
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by KingRabota: 9:52am On May 05, 2018
Just temporary glitch
They'll soon pick up
But one thing you can't deny is that he's got balls of Steel!
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Somebodydaddy01: 10:08am On May 05, 2018
AlfaSeltzer:

You think say na naija.

Na America worst pass bro .....people’s money are at stake here ...billions was lost just because of statement ...remember what he did to Facebook ...he’s just so rude

1 Like

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by obafemee80(m): 10:18am On May 05, 2018
Somebodydaddy01:

Na America worst pass bro .....people’s money are at stake here ...billions was lost just because of statement ...remember what he did to Facebook ...he’s just so rude

Plus arrogant and egotistic grin
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Somebodydaddy01: 10:26am On May 05, 2018
obafemee80:

Plus arrogant and egotistic grin

Very soon no one will want to invest ...you can’t keep this attitude and think you will be successful
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Nobody: 11:11am On May 05, 2018
aAK1:
Musk is actually more of the science than business. And that's why he cares less about the financial impact on his business

I need the finance to run the business.
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Nobody: 11:13am On May 05, 2018
Tellemall:

His problem isn't rudeness, but that he refused to give answers to pertinent questions raised.

He appears unsure and so is blustering in order to cover up.

Funny, oga he was rude.
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Nobody: 11:18am On May 05, 2018
SehgateTeam:

You are right. Apart from heading 3 big companies (Tesla, Space X and Solar city) I've watched his interview many times, Elon is somehow shy, cant talk too much, dont talk more on his company revenue, I can personally relate this so-call bad attitute to stress.

Elon said "Mon-Tuesday I work full time inside Tesla facility, Wednesday-friday I work with my team at space X facility and during Weekend he stay at Solar city with his brother". Family and friends issue is by the corner. is not easy

Elon don't trade on data, he trade physical commodity. if the share drops, shares will surely pick up back if he work more on the model 3.

No matter how you relate with people, there must be complain. someone planning to launch billion of dollar space-ship is different from news reporters on salary. If he fails, huge money goes down. if reporter fails, company replace him/her.

Try to respect everyones mood.......

No matter the mood, he should have acted in a professional way.

Wonder what you guys are defending, did he tell you he was stress? If he was stress and have been working all day, what stops him from going on vacation or is it until he is dead cos of stress?

I like his work but I think he doesn't know how to answer questions.

1 Like

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by AZeD1(m): 11:34am On May 05, 2018
Ibime:

Tesla's value is in the data it collects from it cars.
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Tellemall: 12:24pm On May 05, 2018
udemzy101:

Funny, oga he was rude.

This is a money matter, not sentimentally.

You wouldn't give your money to somebody you don't trust with money.
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Tellemall: 12:28pm On May 05, 2018
harmbhrosz:
lol stocks doesn't fall because the CEO is rude or arrogant (CEOs are often rude to the press in one way or another as every human is arrogant or rude in one way) , he wasn't being open with the subject of discussion so therefore investors will not be sure to invest. It's as simple as that

Forget the headline coz that's what the media does (blow informations out of proportion just to stay at the top or gain traffic) and stop reading village interpretation to everything please.

Please tell them that this is not a sentimental matter, but a money matter. They probably don't understand anything beyond the topic.
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by 4ormidable(m): 12:40pm On May 05, 2018
Tesla, Tesla, Tesla...
Just employ me and the rest would be history grin
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 05, 2018
Tellemall:

This is a money matter, not sentimentally.

You wouldn't give your money to somebody you don't trust with money.

Still looking for the sentiment, trust is earn bro, you can just wake up and trust someone. If you want me to trust you, you have to tell me things or show me things that will make me do so.
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 05, 2018
Tellemall:

Please tell them that this is not a sentimental matter, but a money matter. They probably don't understand anything beyond the topic.

You keep shouting sentimental, I'm around looking for the sentiment you've been talking about. People are saying it was because of the way he answered those questions thrown at him that's why the stock fall, going be the way he replied it was rude too. So what's bad in calling spade a spade?

So cos I don't go with your analogy means I didn't read the entire post? How some people always think they are better than others, smh.
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by mmsen: 2:50pm On May 05, 2018
Ibime:

The pertinent question is how Tesla reached such a lofty valuation selling less than 100,000 cars, while Toyota which sells 10 million cars per year is valued at $190bln only.

Because of government subsidies and legislation worldwide that will ultimately lead to the end of vehicles that need fuel.

The subsidies have kept Tesla afloat so far but they will end and they will need the Model 3 and other affordable models, to stay afloat and competitive.

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Tellemall: 3:20pm On May 05, 2018
udemzy101:

Still looking for the sentiment, trust is earn bro, you can just wake up and trust someone. If you want me to trust you, you have to tell me things or show me things that will make me do so.

Very good you've noted the above.

So why should his company be trusted when he cannot tell them things or show them things contrary to its failure?

You see why it's sentimental to think it's about offended reporters?

And if you have issues with my posts to other people, you don't need to sound so pained about it. Inferiority complexes aren't the point of what I pointed out.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ? / Forex: CBN Pumps Additional $100m Into Market / How I Use Aligator Pepper To Attract Good Luck In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.