Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says (27479 Views)

"I Want To Marry A Rich Nigerian Man" - Black American Female Pastor Says / Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God / Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by Doerstech(m): 9:58am On May 06, 2018
Most PEPs in here don't read...and when they do, they can't make any intelligent contribution or complete a sentence without bn vulgar and spitting gibbish

The pastor have made his points backed with scriptures and based on his own understanding, if you have issues with it, make your own points or keep quite ....

1 Like

Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by Yinkakatty(f): 10:49am On May 06, 2018
gcof:
Always chasing irrelevant issues...every pastor want to say something

If only pastors would preach more about LOVE HONESTY, justice, actual values that are needed and not all these chauvinistic and myopic teachings.

2 Likes

Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by lifedynamics: 10:58am On May 06, 2018
johnnyvid:
A pastor has told women that it is an abomination for them to call their husbands by his name or a pet name.
Pastor Chris Ojigbani, who calls himself a marriage and relationship expert, said a man is a woman's Lord and as such, she should never call him by his name or by a pet name. He said names such as "sweetheart, darling, even baby" should never be uttered by women in relation to their husbands. He was especially opposed to the use of "baby" and said it belittles a man. Lol. What an archaic man!
Pastor Ojigbani advised the female members of his congregation to refer to their husbands as "My King" and "My Lord". The use of ordinary names and pet names, he said, are as a result of wrong teachings.
As he preached, the female members of his congregation were seen nodding their head in agreement. After the video was shared online, a lot of people expressed support for his teaching but some pointed out that he calls Jesus by name though he is his Lord.
The pastor has now replied to those opposing his teaching.
He wrote:
It's amazing how many wives and unmarried women refused to accept the simple teaching in the video above where I taught wives how to become queen in their marriage.
In the video, I simply asked wives to make their husbands king if they want to become queen. And to do that, I explained you must respect him by calling him King or lord and by serving him food like a king. But it's so unfortunate that some of the women are arguing the teaching and insulting me as well.
After much consideration, I decided to ignore the insults and help you with further explanations. And I will like to start by asking a question. Is there anything wrong in asking a wife to respect her husband? Any woman who doesn't respect the husband is actually disobeying the word of God, which says that wives should respect their husbands (Ephesians 5:22). It's also interesting to note that any disobedience of the Word of God is a sin. If your husband doesn't treat you well, he has committed a sin and will have a question to answer before God on the judgement day.
So, if you disrespect your husband because he doesn't treat you well, you will also have a question to answer on the judgement day. It's also important you note that you should respect your husband unconditionally. You don 't respect your husband because he treats you well. In Christianity, respect is not reciprocal. In the world, respect is reciprocal but in Christianity, respect is sacrificial.
I also noticed that many wives commented they would never call their husbands lord. But the Bible tells us that Sarah called Abraham lord (1Peter 3:6). If Sarah called her husband lord, what makes you feel you are too big to call your husband lord? Apart from the fact that Sarah called Abraham lord, is there any other scripture that says the husband is the lord of his wife? Yes, Ephesians 5:22 says that you should respect your husband as lord. Verse 23 of the same chapter also says that your husband is your head just as Christ is the head of the church.
So, my teaching is scriptural! And I didn't write the Bible. The teaching is very clear and simple. Apart from the fact that the teaching in the video is scriptural, what wrong have I done to ask you to respect your husband? I didn't ask you to respect me, but to respect your husband. Some of you respect pastors so much but have no respect for your husband. Some of you don't call your pastors by their names but call your husband by his name. One lady even commented that she must call her husband by his name because she calls Jesus by His name.
Kindly check the scripture and you will find out that no disciple of Christ called Him Jesus Christ. Some may have referred to Him as Jesus when talking about Him to people, but when talking to Him directly, they called Him Master, Rabbi, Son of David, etc.
The previous week, I published a video, where I rebuked only husbands and many women applauded the teaching. But because the teaching in this video advises wives, the same women are angry. One of the women even commented that my teaching is an African teaching. Please note that there is nothing African about the teaching.
The teaching is directly based on scripture, and the scriptural references are Ephesians 5:22-25 and 1Peter 3:1-6. It will interest you to note that the teaching that supports equality of husband and wife is based on western culture. The Bible does not support equality of a husband and wife. It, however, supports equality of a man and woman, but not a husband and wife. It's different in marriage. A woman may be the head of a big organisation but her husband is still her head.
The Bible clearly says that the husband is the head (Ephesians 5:23). You can't be equal with your head. There is no scripture that supports equality of husband and wife. Rather western culture supports it. Unfortunately, there is a mixup of western culture and scriptural doctrines. Many people practise western cultures, thinking they are practising scriptural doctrines.
Having said this, I want you to know that I don't support the maltreatment of wives. God forbid! The teaching in the video was just to help wives become queen in their marriages. If you listen to the full message, you will see how I rebuked husbands. I actually rebuke husbands more because wives are weaker vessels. But I want you to know there is no other way of becoming a queen in your marriage apart from making your husband the king.
For you to become a queen, your husband must first become the king. The message has been tested and proven. It works! From the comments I read, it's obvious that some of the ladies are bitter against their husbands. And I will like to beg you to take it easy with husband. He may be maltreating you, but you are also not treating him well. If you give him his due respect, you will be happy. The problem is usually who will become nice first.
I know that some people wrongly teach you that you are equal with your husband. They are deceiving you. Such teaching makes so much sense but cannot be found in the Bible. Apart from the fact that the Bible says wives should respect their husbands, it's clearly better to respect than to disrespect a person. Do not see me as your opponent. God called me to help Christians, irrespective of one's church or denomination. That explains why I don't pastor a church. W
Ives, I beg you to be respectful to your husbands. Be submissive to your husband as the Bible teaches us. You can't be disrespectful to your husband and still pray to God. Any wife who disrespects the husband has no relationship with God. A man, on the other hand, who maltreats the wife has no relationship with God.
My teaching may be hard but it's the truth. We live in a time that people have itchy ears but I teach only what you should know. I don't teach what you want to hear but what you should hear. If your husband has annoyed you so much, please forgive him and have a fresh start with him. Put into practice my teaching, and your husband will make you his queen. You can't be happy in the marriage if your husband is not happy. Make him happy and become the happiest wife on earth. When I teach husbands, I rebuke them as well. But now, I am speaking to wives.
Respecting your husband does not mean you are a slave. Rather, it cements your relationship better. I also want you to know that you cannot modernise marriage.
Marriage is an old-fashioned institution and must be practised in an old-fashioned way. Any attempt to modernise it will destroy it. Jesus Christ said that if you put a new wine into an old wineskin, it will bust.
The marriage system has “busted” because we are attempting to practise it with new marriage doctrines. We must go back to the scripture and practise only scriptural doctrines if we want to restore our marriage system. I would have explained further to you but I feel that I have already said enough.
Watch the viral video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNikk-X-O7E&feature=youtu.be. https://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2018/05/its-abomination-to-call-your-husband-by.html?m=0

People like this make women call us Nigerian guys sexist.
If I slap that his "my King, my Lord" sexist mouth Ehn undecided
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by Herrmes: 11:01am On May 06, 2018
Nobody makes me a king, I am a king regardless.
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by lifedynamics: 11:07am On May 06, 2018
marylandcakes:
The bible also says that the man is the bread winner of the home.

It is high time we stop cherry picking verses in the bible to soothe our needs. How will a man want a woman to call him Lord if he doesn’t respect himself and be dragging her pay packet with her. Pastors in Nigeria should help rid the country of corruption by preaching to their flocks about illegal acquired wealth, taking and giving bribes, being contented. Etc

Leave them ooo... That's the Nigerian talent. Quoting a part of the bible to make them sound right.
They won't refer to the part where a married man should be almost inhumanly responsible for his wife and kids. They won't say that he shouldn't even think about cheating let alone be doing it for years.

Any woman that calls me "My Lord" would chop slap Walahie grin
Am I your daddy? grin

1 Like

Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by mekonglobal(m): 11:11am On May 06, 2018
madridguy:
Everybody just want to trend. shocked shocked
But u are a muslimt nah
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by urchmanx(m): 11:15am On May 06, 2018
Benoxvals:
My wife is calling me—Nebuchadnezzar
I don’t like that name and she said the
Pastor preached that she should address me
as her King..
Could u imagine(?)
I was in the church handling media projection and I saw this post and boaster out laughing out loud. thank God the pastor is preaching and everyone joined me in laughing thinking that what the pastor said is funny. Nebuchadnezzar indeed. Back to the topic, if you read the topic well, the pastor made a lot of sense. Simple methods that have worked for years and century only the wise will understand. Biblical instructions are not by force, the bible has different laws and instruction for different things. Follow if you are wise.
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by madridguy(m): 11:17am On May 06, 2018
Yes I am a Muslim.

mekonglobal:

But u are a muslimt nah
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by Davidoya: 11:44am On May 06, 2018
ObongawanAKS:
Dear pastor, in as much as you've made some sensible points there, respecting my husband against all odds is a No No for me. The book of Ephesians 5 is very clear on this subject. Husband love, and wife submit, hence love precedes submission. But you make it seem as though I should respect my husband no matter what. How would I respect a man who doesn't care if I exist or not? He earns my respect by loving me, it's as simple as that. As the head of the family, he has to lead by example. God is not an author of confusion.

If only you deeply understand what it means to love God with all your heart and soul then you won't say a No No.. when u truly love God you become obedient to death as Jesus was obedient unto death.. you r not obeying because of the benefit or conditionally , you obey because of the love you have for God and you do what he says you should do irrespective of the other.. don't anchor ur obedience on another's action.. when you see it that way then ur understanding of God's word in not enough.
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by Nobody: 11:55am On May 06, 2018
sorom4:
So many people have abused that position in the name of pastor
The pastor is absolutely correct

1 Like

Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by Nobody: 11:57am On May 06, 2018
emi14:
Pastor can you please channel your work to real evangelism and assistance to the poor. Do not decide and design peoples bedroom.
He is already evangelizing to lost souls. Evangelism isn't for sinners alone

1 Like

Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by Nobody: 11:58am On May 06, 2018
Vinstel:
All these pastors that are busy adding things that are not in the Bible to their doctrines, There's no difference between them and Pharisees
The pastor quoted the Bible to support his claims
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 06, 2018
Katier00:
I agree with your teaching sir, my husband is my lord and king but taking seven out of ten pieces of meat in the pot to serve him because he is a king is a no for me. Filling his plate with food because a king must not finish his food is ridiculous. Unlike you my source of income no be tight, I work to get money so I can't come and be wasting food for this buhari administration in the name of forming an imaginary kingdom
If your husband is your king,he should be ready to provide. See what the Bible say about men not providing for his home "But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel." 1 Tim 5:8

2 Likes

Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 06, 2018
DrMuzungu:
It is an absolute abomination and the path straight to hell to be a 1diot thief who deceives people and does 419 on them (419 where he collects tithes for the miracles he will NOT deliver) to calls himself a pastor.
The truth is bitter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 06, 2018
MarieSucre:

Please call me by the name you saw on the marriage registry and the one you scream when you're hitting it good, don't call by any silly Queen name and still be cheating on me and treating me bad.

Respect is not by name, it's by treatment. Treat me right and you can call me by my full name plus my ancestors name, and problem no go dey.
grin grin grin
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by petenweke: 12:14pm On May 06, 2018
Some so called pastors don't have any message to deliver. So they just open their carnal mouth and allow everything to come out.
No spirituality.

I sorry for the members of the church
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by jaychubi: 12:23pm On May 06, 2018
How can u call ur man baby I hate dt very much
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by donnie(m): 1:00pm On May 06, 2018
I had wanted to create a thread like this to address this "baby" issue.

I find that the so-called 21st century women prefer to call their husband baby...a name they deliberately chose so they can handle him accordingly.

When I wasn't married, I knew a friend who told a girl he was thinking of marrying not to call him baby. He said, "i can call you baby, but dont call me..."

I thought that was going to far; but as a married man now, I think that was a smart thing he did.
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by donnie(m): 1:01pm On May 06, 2018
petenweke:
Some so called pastors don't have any message to deliver. So they just open their carnal mouth and allow everything to come out.
No spirituality.

I sorry for the members of the church

See, what the pastor preached is very spiritual.
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by donnie(m): 1:08pm On May 06, 2018
lifedynamics:

Leave them ooo... That's the Nigerian talent. Quoting a part of the bible to make them sound right.
They won't refer to the part where a married man should be almost inhumanly responsible for his wife and kids. They won't say that he shouldn't even think about cheating let alone be doing it for years.

Any woman that calls me "My Lord" would chop slap Walahie grin
Am I your daddy? grin

What is inhuman about being totally responsible for your wife and kids? That's the way it aught to be. If she works, fine, it's just an addition; I still give her a monthly allowance that is bigger than a many people's salary.

When you begin to handle responsibility like a man in the home, you will know it isn't out of place to call him Lord.
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by boringnigerian: 1:27pm On May 06, 2018
warlord24:

You even got time answering this one?

I can bet you that all those commenting nonsense didn't either read the entire article or lack data to even watch thr video...

This pastor made sense.. no man in hes right sense will maltreat a woman who calls him my lord.. my king... The man will always be in cloud 9. But this girls won't understand...

I really don't comment on nairaland.. cus i have seen tomuch of senseless kids everywhere...

Quote me and thunder will rest for ur generations for ever...

Bunch of lazy kids...

Lol, no man would maltreat a woman that calls him king or lord? It's like you were born yesterday.

As someone pointed out on the thread, respect is in actions, not words. She can call you king, lord and ancient of days and still sleep with all your friends. Meanwhile, you'll be carrying swollen head upandan because she calls you king. He can call you queen and still sleep with the househelp and get her pregnant. Abeg forget all these irrelevancies. He should have just said husband and wife should respect each other and left it there.

2 Likes

Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by sorom4: 1:45pm On May 06, 2018
Leonbonapart:
sarah called Abraham Lord. What'd your stupid point exactly
Wondering why you eventually turned to insults instead of making your points.
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by emi14: 1:57pm On May 06, 2018
asuustrike2009:

He is already evangelizing to lost souls. Evangelism isn't for sinners alone

No arguments
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by ObongawanAKS(f): 1:59pm On May 06, 2018
Davidoya:

If only you deeply understand what it means to love God with all your heart and soul then you won't say a No No.. when u truly love God you become obedient to death as Jesus was obedient unto death.. you r not obeying because of the benefit or conditionally , you obey because of the love you have for God and you do what he says you should do irrespective of the other.. don't anchor ur obedience on another's action.. when you see it that way then ur understanding of God's word in not enough.
Remember, the bible says, ''husband love your wife as Christ love the Church, and gave His life for her''; and again it says, ''there is no fear in love, but perfect love cast out fear''. How will I respect or submit to a husband who makes marriage a nightmare? Love as well as respect (submission) is unconditional, but the husband has to set the pace by loving his wife. ''The greatest of all is LOVE''.
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by somehow: 2:15pm On May 06, 2018
Its seems we need some punishments for people who don't read before commenting on articles they have no clue on.

He made absolute sense. To be a queen, you must have a king. If you want to be treated as a queen, treat your man with respect and he will treat you well unless you're married or dating an irresponsible man.

But to find yourself a king who can treat you as a queen, you must also have attributes of a queen.

Pet names are good if both parties agree to them.
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by somehow: 2:18pm On May 06, 2018
ObongawanAKS:

Remember, the bible says, ''husband love your wife as Christ love the Church, and gave His life for her''; and again it says, ''there is no fear in love, but perfect love cast out fear''. How will I respect or submit to a husband who makes marriage a nightmare? Love as well as respect (submission) is unconditional, but the husband has to set the pace by loving his wife. ''The greatest of all is LOVE''.

Why marry a man who you dont understand or not in agreement with? How did you both get married when you both didnt agree?

We are who we attract. You should check inwards.
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by chukxie(m): 3:11pm On May 06, 2018
heffem:
...You have good time management skill.... I blamed myself for reading that trash

The heading of the article, and a few unsavoury fragmented sentences that I read did it for me. No time to waste, abeg.
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by Lomprico2: 3:51pm On May 06, 2018
Someone should direct this man to the closest cave! angry

1 Like

Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by bejeria101(m): 4:39pm On May 06, 2018
Eezit ya name? Pastor ogini?
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by GrammarCheck: 5:08pm On May 06, 2018
Me I call my husband "my love". Does that suffice?

My king also has a nice ring to it.

I will try it this night in ze oda room. grin
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by ObongawanAKS(f): 5:49pm On May 06, 2018
somehow:

Why marry a man who you dont understand or not in agreement with? How did you both get married when you both didnt agree?

We are who we attract. You should check inwards.
My dear, I'm not yet married, my opinion is based on general belief. But I sure would be a good and submissive wife to my Mr. Awesome.
Re: It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says by sweetilicious(f): 10:39pm On May 06, 2018
timwudz:
Lol ok o

I dedicate my FTC to all ladies DAT calls their hubby "Baby"
My sister calls her husband " MY MAJESTY"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? / How I Used Sea Salt For Cleansings, Luck & Attraction / Benny Hinn And His Wife Get Back Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.