Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma (51705 Views)

Regina Daniels And Mum React As Alexreports Dedicates Award To Regina's / Davido Calls Chioma 'My Oga' As He Shares Her Cleavage-Baring Photo / Emeka Ike Shades Ex Wife As He Dedicates Award To “all The Loving Men & Women" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by EmekaBlue(m): 10:03am On May 06, 2018
Enjoy. Congrats
Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by sorry1(m): 10:04am On May 06, 2018
freeman95:

Hahahaha which igbo artist is out there repping...

Oh I forgot

ZORO

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
if you ain't dumb you would've known that runtown deserves something... Headies leading their own downfall... You can't tell us that no single igbo guy was worth something... Be sensible.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by BiggerbossAmani(m): 10:04am On May 06, 2018
Buikechukwu35:
na Simple because they're igbos One Nigeria my foot
I believe in that useless one Nigeria before but for this one let me just hear anybody that will say that rubbish for my side again

1 Like

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by sorry1(m): 10:04am On May 06, 2018
freeman95:

Which igbo artiste then for give....

Zoro abi
runtown.
Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by Nobody: 10:05am On May 06, 2018
Okoyeebos:

Lol
E don pain this one.

Nobel laureate, una no get.
Grammy's nothing for Una
Headies sef, una dey cry.

I really feel for you o.
Ndo.
Had it been their names are there...they will vote base on tribalism not good works out there.

I love how this country is diversified with a lot of tribes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by speedchariot(m): 10:06am On May 06, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]stop building walls in your heart. Don't shade Igbo's in any way.They made Nollywood,and,Music industry was their craft.Check the institutions in your land and tell me the history of its existence without mentioning an Igbo name. Leave tribalism. Colonial masters used it against us.quote author=Drchristian post=67322180]
You just mad d Yoruba names you saw as winners.
Check the Bet, MTV, MOBO etc..na d same people.

If Tekno, Psquare are not on Yoruba lands with Yoruba influence.. do u think they will get anywhere?[/quote]
Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by BiggerbossAmani(m): 10:09am On May 06, 2018
Drchristian:

The east doesn't have artist at all...mention one single artist from the eastern region that deserve an award? male or female?
Runtown Flavour Phyno Tekno are they not musicians

Make thunder no lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by BiggerbossAmani(m): 10:10am On May 06, 2018
emelda86:

Ndi AFO nsi whether they like it or not IGBO AMAKA
IGBO AMAKA my sister

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by TimmyBrass(m): 10:12am On May 06, 2018
all of una wey dey complain, did you try voting?? SMH

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by sorry1(m): 10:13am On May 06, 2018
Drchristian:

The east doesn't have artist at all...mention one single artist from the eastern region that deserve an award? male or female?
Na this your dumb head you use dey shout mad over you throughout last year but here you are asking a foolish question... Runtown was global, Tekno was awesome, flavor was dope but to you they deserve nothing undecided
Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by victrick105: 10:15am On May 06, 2018

1 Like

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by onatisi(m): 10:16am On May 06, 2018
OKorowanta:
He is carrying a lot of people and artistes along.
If not for anything he's won my heart over.
So many greedy ones out there especially dat 2face who has garnered enough money to have at least five artistes on his radar but na lie,he no gree sign any artiste.
He loves chopping alone.
Same thing goes to Psquare.
Yeye pipo.
this is the main reason why davido will stay on top for a very long time , he has surrounded himself with people who can cover up for his lapses , he pays them very very well and make them comfortable . most of them write his songs and he carries them along on all that he does. secondly he is a great philanthropist from an early age and despite his obvious short comings God is crowing his efforts with success,
that means definitely he is doing something right .
lastly, only few people know this and those who know it and follow it are always worshiped by men. the like of tinubu, adedibu, saraki,obj and few others are who they are today because they raised people up. when you raise up people and they become successful you will definitely become powerful .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by Nobody: 10:18am On May 06, 2018
Shadbay:

Runtown?
Tekno?
Phyno?
Shame on you for bringing out this list.

Tekno was brought to lime light by Davido and he enjoys Davido's popularity to win award in d past. he's residing in the south west with a lot of talents way bigger than his. Can u compare him with maleek Berry, Mr eazi, wizkid, Davido, wande coal, 2 face, kiss Daniel, rekado banks and others this year? NO

Runtown
It was still wizkid and Davido that introduced him as artist to Nigerians.. No major hit at all except "Mad over you" that hit is no longer a hit again.

Phyno
Imagine phyno without Olamide's influence?

Conclusion..these artists you mentioned are not even from the east they are Western based artists of eastern origin with yoruba influence but haven't out-performed western in the industry this year.

you said no artist from the east... tell me a hidden artist from the east that deserves the award.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by Okoyeebos: 10:20am On May 06, 2018
victrick105:

Mention the Yoruba artist that has won the Grammy's before.... Mr. No Nigerian artist has won the Grammy's before, or is it the one organized in your state?

See this one, NTA Abakaliki has finished your life, you don't know that Nigerians have won Grammys.

Here are Nigerians who have won Grammys.

Lekan Babalola: Won 2 Grammys. 2006 and 2009

Seal) Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel) Won 4 Grammy's)

Sade Adu [Helen Folashade Adu]: 1 Grammy's

Chamillionaire [ Hakeem Seriki] 1 Grammy's

Sikiru Adepoju; 2 Grammy's: 1991, 2008.

Kevin Olusola: 3 Grammy's in 2015, 2016, 2017.

All the 13 Grammys won by Nigerians were won by Yorubas.

Yorubas Alone = 13 Grammys
People from your backward tribe = Nothing to show.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by Nobody: 10:22am On May 06, 2018
victrick105:

Mention the Yoruba artist that has won the Grammy's before.... Mr. No Nigerian artist has won the Grammy's before, or is it the one organized in your state?
wizkid won Grammy in a song with drake "one dance"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by ToriBaze: 10:23am On May 06, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:
am seriously not happy because

I spend 4hrs of my time watching this useless, nonsense award last night and There's no award that goes to Igbo musician and am not please with it, tribalism even in our Music industry then Nigeria is finish already.

Fuc:ckoff headies 2018

I am saying this and repeating it twice so everybody will know the kind of tribalism going on in our Music industry

Which Hit any Igbo artist drop Last year or even this year?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by jboycrb(m): 10:24am On May 06, 2018
Stop d hates....

quote author=EsotericMonk post=67321287]Froggy would not just respect himself and grow up. We know he glorifies money and prolly bought the awards for himself and Mayorkun.
Besides, how does he know others aren't helping people? Izzit until they water twitter with rubbish assurances that we know wosup?
Everyone has their way of reaching out to the less privileged, they don't need to trumpet it.

PS: @guys calling out Ayo cos their preferred Artistes didn't win, guys, we all can't be judges. Just like in a soccer game, we can have our opinion but the ref is the judge. I personally wouldnt have davido as best artiste, i would have Maleek Berry over Mayorkun , I would also have Run Town as a winner but its not my award. The judges have decided.
One thing I sha agree with them on is that Olamide deserves no award. Small Doctor's penalty shiT.s on Olamide's Wo from a mile.
. Who even gives an award to a controversial and vicious song? Song that was banned.[/quote]
Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by Nobody: 10:27am On May 06, 2018
sorry1:
Na this your dumb head you use dey shout mad over you throughout last year but here you are asking a foolish question... Runtown was global, Tekno was awesome, flavor was dope but to you they deserve nothing undecided

flavor's career is totally gone.

Run town's glabal? more global than wizkid, Davido, Mr eazi, ycee, tiwa, seyi shey?

Tekno's videos are awesome nothing more.

Nigerians has voted and winners has emerged

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by Nobody: 10:29am On May 06, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:
Runtown Flavour Phyno Tekno are they not musicians

Make thunder no lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
They're western musicians cuz they're residing in d west

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by Nobody: 10:30am On May 06, 2018
Do your thing but don’t ever feel the need to tell anyone how to spend their money

Some help and don’t publicize those are the ones we love industry lol the one way coson they fight hahahahahaha

Go independent they will all show you their true color jack your concept and still be abusing you
Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by Nobody: 10:31am On May 06, 2018
jboycrb:
Stop d hates....

quote author=EsotericMonk post=67321287]Froggy would not just respect himself and grow up. We know he glorifies money and prolly bought the awards for himself and Mayorkun.
Besides, how does he know others aren't helping people? Izzit until they water twitter with rubbish assurances that we know wosup?
Everyone has their way of reaching out to the less privileged, they don't need to trumpet it.

PS: @guys calling out Ayo cos their preferred Artistes didn't win, guys, we all can't be judges. Just like in a soccer game, we can have our opinion but the ref is the judge. I personally wouldnt have davido as best artiste, i would have Maleek Berry over Mayorkun , I would also have Run Town as a winner but its not my award. The judges have decided.
One thing I sha agree with them on is that Olamide deserves no award. Small Doctor's penalty shiT.s on Olamide's Wo from a mile.
. Who even gives an award to a controversial and vicious song? Song that was banned.
Songs was banned but people that voted were not banned

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by lekankolade(m): 10:31am On May 06, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:
sad sad

They said Wizkid is stupid for dating Tiwa savage but this guy own is foolishness

Hope you guys know that there's no award that goes to musician from East.

Fuc.k off Headies 2018

Funny u , is it by zoning?

Mention artist(s) from east that can bench those that won d awards, we can't bring tribalism into everything na

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by Nobody: 10:33am On May 06, 2018
ToriBaze:

Which Hit any Igbo artist drop Last year or even this year?
South South musicians are way ahead of d eastern artists but you know these people as they always be.

Timaya deserves an award.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by crafteck(m): 10:34am On May 06, 2018
COS THERE WAS NO LIFE BAND AWARD WHERE THEY WOULD BE HAILING ONE CHIEF ,CHAIRMAN OR DRUG PEDDLER ALL THROUGH

BiggerbossAmani:
am seriously not happy because

I spend 4hrs of my time watching this useless, nonsense award last night and There's no award that goes to Igbo musician and am not please with it, tribalism even in our Music industry then Nigeria is finish already.

Fuc:ckoff headies 2018

I am saying this and repeating it twice so everybody will know the kind of tribalism going on in our Music industry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by sorry1(m): 10:37am On May 06, 2018
Drchristian:

Run town's glabal? more global than wizkid, Davido, Mr eazi, ycee, tiwa, seyi shey?

Your defences to my points are filled with prejudice...

We are not talking of artists' popularity, we are talking of their songs popularity. Tell me any song that went global like Runtown's song amongst all those artistes you listed up there.

Saying flavour's career is dead shows how uninformed you are. angry angry angry
Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by crafteck(m): 10:37am On May 06, 2018
Drchristian:

OGA U B SOLDIER?
Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by Nobody: 10:40am On May 06, 2018
crafteck:

OGA U B SOLDIER?
I'm your soldier cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by Sagay212: 10:40am On May 06, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:
sad sad

They said Wizkid is stupid for dating Tiwa savage but this guy own is foolishness

Fuc.k off Headies 2018

ndo! ndo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by Baroba(m): 10:41am On May 06, 2018
Why Una dey fight over nonsense, na dis noise people make on radio Una dey call music.. Nigerians lack taste. cheesy
Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by sorry1(m): 10:43am On May 06, 2018
Drchristian:

Davido's if took all the awards it participated in but when it was time to reward the producer "teckno" that produced it, they gave the award to another person in that category angry

Headies is rubbish!!!
Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by Nobody: 10:45am On May 06, 2018
sorry1:
Your defences to my points are filled with prejudice...

We are not talking of artists' popularity, we are talking of their songs popularity. Tell me any song that went global like Runtown's song amongst all those artistes you listed up there.

Saying flavour's career is dead shows how uninformed you are. angry angry angry

how do u expect him to win?

BEST PERFORMER
WINNER: YEMI ALADE
1. FLAVOUR
2. FALZ
3. M.I.
4. 2BABA
6. TIWA SAVAGE

Flavor should be the least on the ranking..he only enjoy votes of d east but his works are not as good as others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma by Nobody: 10:57am On May 06, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:
sad sad

Fuc.k off Headies 2018

Relax man is not everything you must ascribe tribal sentiments to, who from the east Deserved an award from any of the categories? I'm sure if there was any he/she would have won at least they were nominated. Not everybody won an award but everybody is a winner. Big names like olamide, Tekno, kiss Daniel, Timaya and others didn't win an award and nobody is crying, anyone who deserves an award will definitely get it. So stop being Sentimental

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family / Maryiam Elisha Rikaotobyme Who Gave Bride's Dress To Mercy Aigbe Reacts / Millions Of Naira Nkechi Blessing Made At Her Shop Opening Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.