Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" (33842 Views)

My Husband And I Are Not Divorced - Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's Wife, Helen / Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering / Freeze Reacts To Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's Private Jet Grounded At The Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 5:09pm On May 08, 2018
Cattle tithe
An additional tithe mentioned in the Book of Leviticus (27:32-33) is the cattle tithe, which is to be sacrificed as a korban at the Temple in Jerusalem.

Ma'aser kesafim
Ma'aser kesafim is a tithe that Jews give to charity (tzedakah), something that is done on a voluntary basis, as this practice has not been regulated in Jewish codes of law.

HAVING GONE THROUGH ALL THESE...I'M STILL AT A LOSS AS TO WHERE THE CHURCH GOT IT'S DOCTRINE OF OBLIGATORY MONETARY TITHING FROM

IF GOD HAS CLEARLY INSTRUCTED WHAT SHOULD BE TITHED, WHY DISOBEY GOD TO FOLLOW THE DOCTRINES OF GREEDY MEN?
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by brodalokie: 6:56pm On May 08, 2018
OkaiCorne:

Don't tell lies to make your point...or have you quickly forgotten all the rabbinical literatures I posted on this thread on how the Jews tithed in line with God's instructions?

Was gold or silver or money part of the items tithed?

Where in the old or new testament did gentiles tithe?

Now if you have the Spirit of discernment as you claim, have you bothered asking yourself why the subject matter of tithing was discussed in the letter of Hebrews which was addressed to the JEWS ALONE?.

Why wasn't this message of tithing included in the letters to the Phillippians, Colossians, Corinthians, Ephesians and other gentile churches?

DID TITHING APPLY TO THE GENTILES AND THE CHRISTIANS?

Stop debating the word of God. Especially when you don't know what you are talking about. Christians are not non-jew as you call it. I have realized that you are not entitled to the information you are arguing about. You still have a long way to go. First you must find the true Christian church that worships the one and only true God, and then you are baptized in his name which is The Lord Jesus Christ and you must study and learn about this God and his word. When you have questions ask and you will receive, not debating his commandments because you're bored. God is not mocked...
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 7:22pm On May 08, 2018
brodalokie:

Stop debating the word of God. Especially when you don't know what you are talking about. Christians are not non-jew as you call it. I have realized that you are not entitled to the information you are arguing about. You still have a long way to go. First you must find the true Christian church that worships the one and only true God, and then you are baptized in his name which is The Lord Jesus Christ and you must study and learn about this God and his word. When you have questions ask and you will receive, not debating his commandments because you're bored. God is not mocked...

You that knows what you're talking about...answer these questions I have been asking you since!

1) Where did God instruct tithes to be paid monetarily?

2) Give us examples of gentiles that tithed in the old or new testament!

Answer these questions and stop beating around the bush!!!
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by brodalokie: 7:36pm On May 08, 2018
OkaiCorne:

You that knows what you're talking about...answer these questions I have been asking you since!

1) Where did God instruct tithes to be paid monetarily?

2) Give us examples of gentiles that tithed in the old or new testament!

Answer these questions and stop beating around the bush!!!

Christians are no longer gentiles. They are joint heirs with the Jews. The original Jews was rejected by God to focus on us. We are obliged to pay tithes to God. That's where your pastor live on. It can be money if you're earning your income as money and it can be food or animals, what matters is 10% of your substance is for God.
I hope you stop debating the word of God after this.
You must be baptized in the name of Jesus to become a true Christian otherwise you're just a rebranded pagan virus the devil used to destroy the truth...
JESUS IS LORD
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 7:39pm On May 08, 2018
brodalokie:

Christians are no longer gentiles. They are joint heirs with the Jews. The original Jews was rejected by God to focus on us. We are obliged to pay tithes to God. That's where your pastor live on. It can be money if you're earning your income as money and it can be food or animals, what matters is 10% of your substance is for God.
You must be baptized in the name of Jesus to become a true Christian otherwise you're just a rebranded pagan virus the devil used to destroy the truth...
JESUS IS LORD

If Christians outside of Israel were not gentiles, then explain what happened in Acts 15...and tell us who were referred to as gentiles there...

I thought people study their Bibles...
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 7:41pm On May 08, 2018
1599 Geneva Bible

Acts 15

1 Then came down certain from Judea, and taught the brethren, saying, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

2 And when there was great dissension, and disputation by Paul and Barnabas against them, they ordained that Paul and Barnabas, and certain others of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the Apostles and Elders about this question.

3 Thus being brought forth by the Church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles, and they brought great joy unto all the brethren.

4 And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the Church, and of the Apostles and Elders, and they declared what things God had done by them.

5 But said they, certain of the sect of the Pharisees, which did believe, rose up, saying that it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the Law of Moses.

6 Then the Apostles and Elders came together to look to this matter.

7 And when there had been great disputation, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Ye men and brethren, ye know that a good while ago, among us God chose out me, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the Gospel, and believe.

8 And God which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, in giving unto them the holy Ghost even as he did unto us.

9 And he put no difference between us and them, after that by faith he had purified their hearts.

10 Now therefore, why tempt ye God, to lay a yoke on the disciples’ necks, which neither our fathers, nor we were able to bear?

11 But we believe, through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved, even as they do.

12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and heard Barnabas and Paul, which told what signs and wonders God had done among the Gentiles by them.

13 And when they held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me.

14 Simeon hath declared, how God first did visit the Gentiles, to take of them a people unto his Name.

15 And to this agree the words of the Prophets, as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the Tabernacle of David, which is fallen down, and the ruins thereof will I build again, and I will set it up.

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles upon whom my Name is called, saith the Lord which doeth all these things.

18 From the beginning of the world, God knoweth all his works.

19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them of the Gentiles that are turned to God,

20 But that we send unto them, that they abstain themselves from filthiness of idols, and fornication, and that is strangled, and from blood.

21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, seeing he is read in the Synagogues every Sabbath day.

22 Then it seemed good to the Apostles and Elders with the whole Church to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas: to wit, Judas whose surname was Barsabas, and Silas, which were chief men among the brethren,

23 And wrote letters by them after this manner, THE APOSTLES, and the Elders, and the brethren, Unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch, and in Syria, and in Cilicia, send greeting.

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us, have troubled you with words, and cumbered your minds, saying, Ye must be circumcised and keep the Law: to whom we gave no such commandment,

25 It seemed therefore good to us, when we were come together with one accord, to [send] chosen men unto you, with our beloved Barnabas and Paul.

26 Men that have given up their lives for the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, which shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

28 For it seemed good to the holy Ghost, and to us, to lay no more burden upon you, than these necessary things.

29 That is, that ye abstain from things offered to idols, and blood, and that that is strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

30 Now when they were departed, they came to Antioch, and after that they had assembled the multitude, they delivered the Epistle,

31 And when they had read it, they rejoiced for the consolation.

32 And Judas and Silas being Prophets, exhorted the brethren with many words, and strengthened them.

33 And after they had tarried there a space, they were let go in peace of the brethren unto the Apostles.

34 Notwithstanding Silas thought good to abide there still.

35 Paul also and Barnabas continued in Antioch, teaching and preaching with many others the word of the Lord.

36 But after certain days, Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us return and visit our brethren in every city, where we have preached the word of the Lord, and see how they do.

37 And Barnabas counseled to take with them John, called Mark.

38 But Paul thought it not meet to take him unto their company, which departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work.

39 Then were they so stirred, that they departed asunder one from the other, so that Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus.

40 And Paul chose Silas and departed, being commended of the brethren unto the grace of God.

41 And he went through Syria and Cilicia, establishing the Churches.
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 7:44pm On May 08, 2018
brodalokie

Carefully study Acts 15 v 3,7,12,14,17,19,23...

Why did the Apostles refer to the Christians outside of Israel as gentiles?
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by brodalokie: 7:56pm On May 08, 2018
OkaiCorne:
brodalokie

Carefully study Acts 15 v 3,7,12,14,17,19,23...

Why did the Apostles refer to the Christians outside of Israel as gentiles?

I am not getting any kick from this but I'll be happy to teach you the scripture. Please read Romans and tell me what you make of it...
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 8:01pm On May 08, 2018
brodalokie:

JESUS IS LORD

The part of your quote I bolded is totally inconsistent with the scriptures;

1) Mention where God included money as part of the items to be tithed. Or do you want me to quote Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29 again?

2) Mention where the gentiles and congregants of the early church gave tithes...

Anything without scriptural backing means that you are adding to the word of God...and I hope you know the curses attached to someone who adds to the word of God!
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 8:02pm On May 08, 2018
brodalokie:

I am not getting any kick from this but I'll be happy to teach you the scripture. Please read Romans and tell me what you make of it...

And where exactly in Romans does my answer to tithing lie in?

Where in Romans did God mention tithes could be paid monetarily?

Where in Romans was it mentioned that gentiles or Christians gave tithes?
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by brodalokie: 8:10pm On May 08, 2018
Romans 2 vs 25 For circumcision is indeed profitable if you keep the law; but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision. 26 Therefore, if an uncircumcised man keeps the righteous requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision be counted as circumcision? 27 And will not the physically uncircumcised, if he fulfills the law, judge you who, even with your written code and circumcision, are a transgressor of the law? 28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 8:19pm On May 08, 2018
brodalokie:
Romans 2 vs 25 For circumcision is indeed profitable if you keep the law; but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision. 26 Therefore, if an uncircumcised man keeps the righteous requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision be counted as circumcision? 27 And will not the physically uncircumcised, if he fulfills the law, judge you who, even with your written code and circumcision, are a transgressor of the law? 28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

So how do you reconcile the part of the scripture you posted to Galatians 3 v 28?

Galatians 3:28 New International Version (NIV)
28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 8:23pm On May 08, 2018
brodalokie:

So how do you reconcile the part of the scripture you posted to Galatians 3 v 28?

28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Bros...this thing is very straightforward. Outside of Israel, no one gave tithes.

Also, in the early church, no where was it mentioned that the followers of Christ gave tithes...

In the Old testament...no where did God instruct tithes to be paid monetarily. When God gave the instructions on tithing, He was fully aware that gold and silver exists. God knows the past, present and future...yet He never asked for gold or silver or money as part of the things to be tithed...

So I am wondering if you know better than God that you should add to His words that 10% of monthly salary or profit is tithe.

I am also wondering if you know better than God as to why He gave only the children of Israel the tithing commandment to follow!
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by brodalokie: 8:28pm On May 08, 2018
OkaiCorne:

Are you showing off your cramming or search skills here?
You can't be learning this way. Ask your pastor to explain that to you.

Christians are the extension of Israel for your information. The original Jew (Israelites) are referred to as the Fathers and the Spiritual Jews (Christians) are the Children. Clearly you're a spiritual bastard lol
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 8:39pm On May 08, 2018
brodalokie:

Christians are the extension of Israel for your information. The original Jew (Israelites) are referred to as the Fathers and the Spiritual Jews (Christians) are the Children. Clearly you're a spiritual bastard lol

I thought you wanted to discuss scriptures...

We just started and you are talking of cramming and search skills? Do you even understand what you have been saying all the while?

By the way, just to ensure this topic is not derailed...

1) Search through from Genesis to Revelation and tell us where God instructed tithes to be paid monetarily (gold, silver, precious stones, bronze, minted coins e.t.c).

2) Also tell us where gentiles and Christians gave tithes...
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 8:43pm On May 08, 2018
brodalokie:

If Christians are Spiritual Jews... then that means Paul was confused when he was writing Galatians 3 v 28?

On a side note...a Spiritual Bastard is someone who;

1) Knows the truth, but will twist it around for personal gain.
2) Add to God's word for personal gain.
3) Keep on preaching false doctrines with no reference whatsoever to the scriptures

Answer the questions I have been asking you on tithes all this while so we know who the Spiritual Bastard truly is...
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by brodalokie: 8:48pm On May 08, 2018
You're a stranger to Christianity and I find this as an attack on the faith.
Stop mentioning me... Or don't expect any reply from me again.
I will allow the spirit to defend His word.
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 8:53pm On May 08, 2018
brodalokie:
You're a stranger to Christianity and I find this as an attack on the faith.
Stop mentioning me... Or don't expect any reply from me again.
I will allow the spirit to defend His word.

Apparently...now we know you have no answers to my questions...
Neither is there any scriptural backing for your false doctrine of monetary tithing...
Now it becomes an attack on Christianity...

Between you and Pastor Oritsejafor...I wonder who is worse
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by mikeaims: 12:35am On May 17, 2018
This tithing matter is simple to resolve. we just need some simple facts to help us out.
Let those G.Os show us:
1. Verifiable historical evidences that Christians were mandated to pay tithes.
2. If the present jews in Isreal pay tithes.

if they can't answer those questions then know that tithers had been fooled all along.
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by Prumartmedical: 8:17am On May 25, 2018
Do you want to know God more?
Do you want to know more about Kingdom Principles?
Click on the link below;
https:///4L9DyVtzUGQE7zQOhhDMN8
You can also add me on Whatsapp +27630083342 to manually add you.
God bless you.

Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by Auxigen(m): 9:26am On Jul 18, 2019
obegiri:

I doubt you know what is in your bible or you know about Jesus Christ Go and read these chapters before you proclaim laws and testimony back tithing Mathew 23:23 Luke 11:42
Can you resend the e-mail to peteredet8@gmail.com
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by Kobojunkie: 10:01pm On Jul 21, 2020
These so-called MOGs are wicked men indeed. undecided
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2020
brodalokie:
God said you should tithe, take it on faith. The anti-tithers are preachers of the knowledge of good and evil, the free moral agency gospel. You know what happens when you accept their doctrine don't you? Look at the garden of Eden
Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment. Tell us what aspects you have obeyed in your years as a tither

Leviticus 27 vs 30-34 ERV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
30. “Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord's; it is holy to the Lord.
31. If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it.
32. And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman's staff, shall be holy to the Lord.
33. One shall not differentiate between good or bad, neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.”
34. These are the commandments that the Lord commanded Moses for the people of Israel on Mount Sinai.

This is what God told you to do with the Tithe He commanded of you.

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25. The Lord said to Moses,
26. Speak to the Levites and tell them: The Israelites will give one-tenth of everything they own to the Lord. That one-tenth will belong to the Levites. But you must give one-tenth of that to the Lord as your offering.
27. That tenth will be your offering to the Lord. It will be like grain from your own threshing floor or wine from your own winepress.
28. In this way you will also give an offering to the Lord just as the other Israelites do. You will get the one-tenth that the Israelites give to the Lord, and then you will give one-tenth of that to Aaron the priest.
29. When the Israelites give you one-tenth of everything that they own, then you must give the best and the holiest part of these things as your gift to the Lord.

Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 -29 ERV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that grow in your fields.
23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God.
At that place you will eat the tenth(tithe) of your crops; one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born
in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God.

24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that the
Lord has blessed you with. If that happens,
25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen.
26 Use the money to buy anything you want; cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food Then
you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God.

27 But don't forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don't have a share of the land like you
have.
28 At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns.
29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don't have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and
widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God
will bless you in everything you do.

Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 - 15 ERV
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Every third year is the Year of Tithes. In that year, you must give one-tenth of your harvest to the Levites, to the foreigners living in your country, and to the widows and orphans. Then they will have plenty to eat in every city.
13. You must say to the Lord your God, " I have taken out of my house the holy part of my harvest. I have given it to the Levites, to the foreigners, and to the orphans and widows. I have followed all the commands you gave me. I have not refused to obey any of your commands. I have not forgotten them.
14. I have not eaten this food when I was sad.[c] I was not unclean when I collected this food.[d] I have not offered any of this food for dead people. I have obeyed you, Lord my God. I have done everything you commanded me.
15. Look down from your holy home, from heaven, and bless your people Israel. And bless the land that you gave us. You promised our ancestors to give us this land: a land filled with many good things."

Remember what God said about His commandment and what blessings and curses come to those who obey OR disobey His commandments as Stipulated.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21 This is what the Lord All-Powerful, the God of Israel, says: Go and offer as many burnt offerings and sacrifices as you want. Eat the meat of those sacrifices yourselves.
22 I brought your ancestors out of Egypt. I spoke to them, but I did not give them any commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices.
23 I only gave them this command ,"Obey me and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Do all that I command, and good things will happen to you."
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2020
DonBenny77:
Most of the comments above are from atheists that's don't go to church
True believers are in church paying their tithes!
Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment. Tell us what aspect you have obeyed in your years as a tither

30. “Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord's; it is holy to the Lord.
32. And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman's staff, shall be holy to the Lord.
33. One shall not differentiate between good or bad, neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.”
34. These are the commandments that the Lord commanded Moses for the people of Israel on Mount Sinai.

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV
26. Speak to the Levites and tell them: The Israelites will give one-tenth of everything they own to the Lord. That one-tenth will belong to the Levites. But you must give one-tenth of that to the Lord as your offering.
27. That tenth will be your offering to the Lord. It will be like grain from your own threshing floor or wine from your own winepress.
28. In this way you will also give an offering to the Lord just as the other Israelites do. You will get the one-tenth that the Israelites give to the Lord, and then you will give one-tenth of that to Aaron the priest.
29. When the Israelites give you one-tenth of everything that they own, then you must give the best and the holiest part of these things as your gift to the Lord.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that grow in your fields.
23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God.
At that place you will eat the tenth(tithe) of your crops; one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born
in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God.

24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that the
25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen.
26 Use the money to buy anything you want; cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food Then
you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God.

27 But don't forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don't have a share of the land like you
have.
28 At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns.
29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don't have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and
widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Every third year is the Year of Tithes. In that year, you must give one-tenth of your harvest to the Levites, to the foreigners living in your country, and to the widows and orphans. Then they will have plenty to eat in every city.
13. You must say to the Lord your God, " I have taken out of my house the holy part of my harvest. I have given it to the Levites, to the foreigners, and to the orphans and widows. I have followed all the commands you gave me. I have not refused to obey any of your commands. I have not forgotten them.
14. I have not eaten this food when I was sad.[c] I was not unclean when I collected this food.[d] I have not offered any of this food for dead people. I have obeyed you, Lord my God. I have done everything you commanded me.
15. Look down from your holy home, from heaven, and bless your people Israel. And bless the land that you gave us. You promised our ancestors to give us this land: a land filled with many good things."

Remember what God said about His commandment and what blessings and curses come to those who obey OR disobey His commandments as Stipulated.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21 This is what the Lord All-Powerful, the God of Israel, says: Go and offer as many burnt offerings and sacrifices as you want. Eat the meat of those sacrifices yourselves.
22 I brought your ancestors out of Egypt. I spoke to them, but I did not give them any commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices.
23 I only gave them this command ,"Obey me and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Do all that I command, and good things will happen to you."
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On Jul 21, 2020
obowunmi:
Tithes must have reduced in most churches.
Tithes should not be paid at all because it is not what God commanded at all.
Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment.

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV

have.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On Jul 21, 2020
Akmukoro:
tithing is giving and giving is a blessed thing . all these attacks won't stop tithing. those who understand why they tithe will continue to do so. l strongly believe these attackers have never given tithe before. may God's light shine on them
Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment. Tell us what aspect you have obeyed in your years as a tither

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV

have.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Jul 21, 2020
Iammercy2018:
Do not be moved by worldly things but why are they so adamant about this tithe thing (money) which is part of the worldly thing...
Why can't tithe be paid in kind and spiritually?
Must it be money?
Just curious tho
Tithing should not be practiced at all because it is not what God has commanded Christians to do. Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment.

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV

have.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On Jul 21, 2020
sunshineyellow:
Adeboye said if you don't pay your tithe you won't make heaven.
Oritsejafor said if you don't pay your tithe you will die quick.

Now my problem is: is it not the same bible they are both studying and drawing their conclustions from? How come their ideas AMD result contradicts?
Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment.

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV

have.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Jul 21, 2020
adedejisy:
Tithing is not a problems to a real Tither and I didn't see what will convinced a Tothwr not to pay his or tithe... If people are not paying tithe because of a particular pastor or prophet ,you are on your own... Chikeena

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV

have.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
djon78:
Whoever doesn't pay tithe has not really known God well. Tithing is biblical, from old testament to the new testament.
Moreover if you have the Spirit of the Living God abiding in you. You cannot doubt tithing, never. Because the Spirit of God will impress in your heart the truth about tithing.
According to Romans 8:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
The true test of being God's son is simply are you led by the Spirit of God? Does your life show the characters of Christ? That is how you know where you belong.
I pay my tithes and offerings. I have listened to this debate on tithing. I have searched the scriptures from Genesis to Revelation and the scriptures supports tithing.
And there is blessing with tithing, yes there is. Even yesterday Sunday 6th May I paid my tithe in Church. And why this particular one was significant was on Saturday night I was contemplating to hold my tithe until I get my next income or financial overflow but one mind told me pay your tithe irrespective of the financial flow coming. So yesterday I obeyed. It was not palatable at all.
When I came back from church, I got a call concerning another transaction, infact I wasn't expecting this particular transaction. I was due for this inflow 2 and half months ago. That is early March. Infact I have forgotten about it. I was expecting another transaction entirely.
So I got that call back from church. And guess what? By 8pm last night the organization transferred very good cash alert to my account. I was astonished. I wasn't expecting that money, infact I have forgotten about the money. But my obedience to tithing, in not withholding God's money, I got a shock.
I will keep on saying it, tithing is purely biblical and of God. On Saturday night while I was reading my Bible before I slept, I was reading John 6, I noticed some very important scripture, let me share it.
In the beginning of that chapter Jesus Christ was ministering to a very large crowd of about 5 thousand men not counting women and children who were much more. The Lord Jesus wanted to feed them and He told the disciples that He wants to feed them. Then Philip answered the Lord;
John 6:7 ►
New International Version
Philip answered him, "It would take more than half a year's wages to buy enough bread for each one to have a bite!"
Phillip told the Lord that if it was to go by human strength of hustling, it will take more than half a year's wages to buy enough bread for each of the people to take a bite, not to be fully fed, but just to have a bite. Then how much would it have taken to fully fed them?
What I saw from that scripture is that human toiling will never ever be enough to even satisfy man.
But Jesus Christ by divine help fed those people and still had 12 basket full remaining.
Likewise God is interested in every part of us including our finances. We must surrender every part of our being to Him.
Majorly giving, tithing, giving to the poor, blessing people around us are ways He uses what we have surrendered to Him. And He in turn blesses us for our obedience.

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV

have.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by Kobojunkie: 3:26am On Jul 22, 2020
brodalokie:
Don't talk about the Holy Bible like you're explaining politics. Both the law and testimony backs tithing...
What do you even know about our Lord Jesus?
Are you a Christian? Have you received the Holy Ghost if yes?
Really? undecided
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by Kobojunkie: 12:39am On Jul 23, 2020
obowunmi:
Tithes must have reduced in most churches.
Done away with

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Insecurity: Father Mbaka Absolves Buhari Of Blames / Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Gives His Wife ₦55M As Birthday Present / Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 301
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.