Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" (33836 Views)

My Husband And I Are Not Divorced - Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's Wife, Helen / Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering / Freeze Reacts To Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's Private Jet Grounded At The Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by princfred(m): 6:04am On May 08, 2018
sleekymag:

I don't see anything but pure derailment and invitation into needless debates premised on faulting/judging ideologies...
No mind the guy he doesnt want to debate tithe payment but some other ideologies. Phony. Even Jesus no collect tithe, all these pastors are not levites so why should one pay them tithe?
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by brodalokie: 6:49am On May 08, 2018
OkaiCorne:

Read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation and tell us where God mentioned tithe to be 10% of income instead of crops and livestock.

Also show us where the Gentile church gave tithes in the new testament..or where any gentile gave tithes in the old testament!

You need Jesus
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by brodalokie: 6:51am On May 08, 2018
princfred:
No mind the guy he doesnt want to debate tithe payment but some other ideologies. Phony. Even Jesus no collect tithe, all these pastors are not levites so why should one pay them tithe?

I am not playing politics with the word of God through debate. I am trying to save you guys from the corruption you're playing with.

Read Matthew 24:14
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:15am On May 08, 2018
stinggy:
Big thief!
Tithing now is being attached to longevity grin
Never thought I would one day call this man a thief. Bishop Oritsejafor, a man I so much loved and respected. How are the mighty fallen cry cry cry
u ve alws loved a thief
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by princfred(m): 7:32am On May 08, 2018
brodalokie:

I am not playing politics with the word of God through debate. I am trying to save you guys from the corruption you're playing with.

No thats deflection from the tithe issue under discussion. What makes you think you are more saved than us? Is those ideological issues you are talking about more important than the extortion of members and greedy sermons of tithe by pastors? Why not save yourself and the pastors first. Remove the log in your eyes. ..
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by brodalokie: 7:41am On May 08, 2018
princfred:
What makes you think you are more saved than us? Is those ideological issues you are talking about more important than the extortion of members and greedy sermons of tithe by pastors? Why not save yourself and the pastors first. Remove the log in your eyes. ..

Prosperity preacher will get his reward but I am under oath to preach the gospel of the kingdom and pulling down the gates of the devil. Your life is important. Come our of that corruption and devil worship into the light of the living word.
We are living in a glorious day of all time when we will be transformed and meet our Lord in the air. The aircraft that will take you on this trip is what I am talking about and the ticket.
Without the original gospel, correct water baptism and introduction to the one true God, you're not a member of his body yet.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by djon78(m): 8:24am On May 08, 2018
The more I see all the comments I have come to conclusion that majority of people don't care for their soul.

People are debating about money, tithe but they are never saved. The only topic they will discuss is tithe but when you talk of salvation of their souls, it doesn't mean anything to them.

But let me say it; Jesus said that the road to life is very narrow and only very few people have found it.

People will claim they are Christians but their lifestyle does not show in any way that they are Christians.

The road is narrow, find the Lord today. Seek genuine repentance and salvation for your souls, now that you still have time. Today is the day of salvation, night time is coming. I will conclude with this passage;

1 John 2 King James Version (KJV)

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

We must ensure that our lives are in line with the Word of God.
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 8:46am On May 08, 2018
brodalokie:

You need Jesus

I am asking you questions and you are telling me I need Jesus?

I think you need Jesus more than ever...
How can you see a simple and straightforward truth but still stubbornly cling unto a false doctrine like a Pharisee?

Open your Bible and check from Genesis to Revelation and tell us where you saw any gentile that gave tithes... Or where God demanded tithes to be paid monetarily...

I'm waiting for you to add to God's word to make your points!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by dorox(m): 9:00am On May 08, 2018
OkaiCorne:

How can you see a simple and straightforward truth but still stubbornly cling unto a false doctrine like a Pharisee?

Open your Bible and check from Genesis to Revelation and tell us where you saw any gentile that gave tithes... Or where God demanded tithes to be paid monetarily...

Don't mind pastor brodalokie, he is only trying to defend the source of his livelihood.
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 9:13am On May 08, 2018
djon78:

The more I see all the comments I have come to conclusion that majority of people don't care for their soul.

People are debating about money, tithe but they are never saved. The only topic they will discuss is tithe but when you talk of salvation of their souls, it doesn't mean anything to them.

But let me say it; Jesus said that the road to life is very narrow and only very few people have found it.

People will claim they are Christians but their lifestyle does not show in any way that they are Christians.

The road is narrow, find the Lord today. Seek genuine repentance and salvation for your souls, now that you still have time. Today is the day of salvation, night time is coming. I will conclude with this passage;

1 John 2 King James Version (KJV)

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

We must ensure that our lives are in line with the Word of God.

I think you are missing the point here. No one is against giving to the needy, less privileged or to promote God's work...

People are angry at the deceit and lies emanating from the pulpit...from men of God who were once trusted, only to find out they have been preaching false doctrines which many of them refuse to admit.

These Pastorpreneurs deceivers have preached God's blessings is for sale to the highest tither/seed sower...

IS THIS WHAT JESUS PREACHED?

People have been serving Mammon thinking that they've been serving God all this while...

I am still looking for where God said tithes can be paid with silver or gold or cash... Yes, the same God who said all the silver and gold is His...

Bunch of truth twisting rouges!
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 9:17am On May 08, 2018
brodalokie:

Save yourself from the corrupted messages you have heard from Charlatans on the pulpit first!

You cannot remove the speck from another person's eye when you have logs of wood in yours.

Kindly tell us where God demanded tithes to be paid monetarily.
Also show us in the old and new testament where Gentiles gave tithes.
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 9:19am On May 08, 2018
dorox:

Don't mind pastor brodalokie, he is only trying to defend the source of his livelihood.

The annoying part is that he knows the truth, but won't admit it
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by djon78(m): 11:29am On May 08, 2018
OkaiCorne:

I think you are missing the point here. No one is against giving to the needy, less privileged or to promote God's work...

People are angry at the deceit and lies emanating from the pulpit...from men of God who were once trusted, only to find out they have been preaching false doctrines which many of them refuse to admit.

These Pastorpreneurs deceivers have preached God's blessings is for sale to the highest tither/seed sower...

IS THIS WHAT JESUS PREACHED?

People have been serving Mammon thinking that they've been serving God all this while...

I am still looking for where God said tithes can be paid with silver or gold or cash... Yes, the same God who said all the silver and gold is His...

Bunch of truth twisting rouges!

First of all I don't even think you are a born again. I don't think you have the Spirit of God in you. Because you don't talk like one.

Infact tithes is even irrelevant. If you like pay or not, but the issue here is the Salvation of soul. Yes Pastors may be swindling people but the Lord Jesus told us already that in the last days there will be false prophets. Jesus already warned us.

Also another thing the Lord said was that when he sowed good seeds, that while men slept the enemy came and sowed tares or weeds. But the harvest man wanted to remove the weeds but the Lord told him to leave the weeds alone. During the harvest time which is the judgement day, he will gather the wheat in one side and gather the weeds and burn them with fire.

So my dear the Lord Jesus already warned us, so your coming here to speak won't do anything. Face your life and ensure that you will enter into Gods kingdom. Your own soul.

Then for all these debate the main point of the scriptures is to learn from Israel and their walk with the Lord in the past and nothing more. Let me quote the important scriptures;

1 Corinthians 10 King James Version (KJV)

10 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

This was the whole essence of Israel's past to the present day church and these were example to us

Also

Hebrews 3 King James Version (KJV)

7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.

10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Hebrews 4 King James Version (KJV)

4 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

From all these scriptures I quoted, Israel were as examples to us. The same gospel and message they were preached was the same gospel we are being preached now.

So we should beware of people that don't talk the whole counsel of God. They leave the weightier lessons that has eternal consequences and be pursuing less weightier matters. Be very ware of them. I am posting all these things so that those that immature believers will recognize these antics and be wiser. God bless you all.
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 11:59am On May 08, 2018
djon78:

First of all I don't even think you are a born again. I don't think you have the Spirit of God in you. Because you don't talk like one.

Infact tithes is even irrelevant. If you like pay or not, but the issue here is the Salvation of soul. Yes Pastors may be swindling people but the Lord Jesus told us already that in the last days there will be false prophets. Jesus already warned us.

Also another thing the Lord said was that when he sowed good seeds, that while men slept the enemy came and sowed tares or weeds. But the harvest man wanted to remove the weeds but the Lord told him to leave the weeds alone. During the harvest time which is the judgement day, he will gather the wheat in one side and gather the weeds and burn them with fire.

So my dear the Lord Jesus already warned us, so your coming here to speak won't do anything. Face your life and ensure that you will enter into Gods kingdom. Your own soul.

Then for all these debate the main point of the scriptures is to learn from Israel and their walk with the Lord in the past and nothing more. Let me quote the important scriptures;

10 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

This was the whole essence of Israel's past to the present day church and these were example to us

Also

8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

4 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

From all these scriptures I quoted, Israel were as examples to us. The same gospel and message they were preached was the same gospel we are being preached now.

So we should beware of people that don't talk the whole counsel of God. They leave the weightier lessons that has eternal consequences and be pursuing less weightier matters. Be very ware of them. I am posting all these things so that those that immature believers will recognize these antics and be wiser. God bless you all.

And you that claims to be born again... it is very clear you do not have a spirit of discernment nor understanding.

Please show us where God instructed tithes to be paid monetarily.

Also show us where in the old or new testament gentiles tithed.

I wonder how a law meant for the Jews is now necessary for Christians to follow

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 11:59am On May 08, 2018
djon78:

Also

And you that claims to be born again... it is very clear you do not have a spirit of discernment nor understanding.

Please show us where God instructed tithes to be paid monetarily. Do this without adding to God's word.

Now you admit tithes are irrelevant abi? So should we keep mute and allow false doctrines emanate from the pulpit?

If you see evil and keep quiet, also know you are an accomplice...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by djon78(m): 12:56pm On May 08, 2018
OkaiCorne:

Please show us where God instructed tithes to be paid monetarily. Do this without adding to God's word.

Now you admit tithes are irrelevant abi? So should we keep mute and allow false doctrines emanate from the pulpit?

If you see evil and keep quiet, also know you are an accomplice...

Like I said I will never waste my time on you. I have already passed the information I want to pass. And any article I see your type I will never keep quiet. I have passed the information I want to pass. Those with discernment and understanding will know and be saved from deception and distortion of God's holy word. My aim has been accomplished.
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 1:22pm On May 08, 2018
djon78:

Like I said I will never waste my time on you. I have already passed the information I want to pass. And any article I see your type I will never keep quiet. I have passed the information I want to pass. Those with discernment and understanding will know and be saved from deception and distortion of God's holy word. My aim has been accomplished.

No one even understands what your aim is.
People have given you proof that tithing is obsolete and yet you are wallowing in pride and ignorance.

Show us where God instructed tithes to be paid monetarily or where Gentiles gave tithes... You have no scriptural reference to back up your points.

You claim the Jews tithe in their synagogues and you have been countered with sufficient evidence on that...

So what exactly is the point you are making?
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by brodalokie: 2:23pm On May 08, 2018
OkaiCorne:

You have been told the truth but you just enjoying debating and playing politics with sacred things of the most high.
Worship God with fear and trembling...
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 2:35pm On May 08, 2018
brodalokie:

You have been told the truth but you just enjoying debating and playing politics with sacred things of the most high.
Worship God with fear and trembling...

And what is the truth you have told?

That tithes can be paid monetarily? is that how God required tithes to be paid?

Also show us where gentiles were required to tithe.

Open the Bible and show us...or admit you are twisting God's word for personal gain...
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by brodalokie: 2:57pm On May 08, 2018
OkaiCorne:

And what is the truth you have told?

That tithes can be paid monetarily? is that how God required tithes to be paid?

Also show us where gentiles were required to tithe.

Open the Bible and show us...or admit you are twisting God's word for personal gain...

Stop debating the word of God. I have told you how to join the body of Christ. Go and correct that before you can even have mouth to talk...
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 3:06pm On May 08, 2018
brodalokie:

Stop debating the word of God. I have told you how to join the body of Christ. Go and correct that before you can even have mouth to talk...

You have tried many times to derail this topic, but it is not working.

This thread was to discuss on tithes and what your fellow Pastorpreneur Ayo Oritsejafor is preaching as a false doctrine... and you're trying to do altar call here...

If you truly fear God and you are after the truth...

Tell us where God instructed tithes to be paid monetarily...
Also tell us where gentiles paid tithes in the old or new testament...

I wonder if the Berean Christians did wrong by questioning the teachings of Paul!

Only manipulators will allow false doctrines to flourish in the church all for their personal gain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by BushWickBill: 3:53pm On May 08, 2018
OkaiCorne:

You have tried many times to derail this topic, but it is not working.

This thread was to discuss on tithes and what your fellow Pastorpreneur Ayo Oritsejafor is preaching as a false doctrine... and you're trying to do altar call here...

If you truly fear God and you are after the truth...

Tell us where God instructed tithes to be paid monetarily...
Also tell us where gentiles paid tithes in the old or new testament...

I wonder if the Berean Christians did wrong by questioning the teachings of Paul!

Only manipulators will allow false doctrines to flourish in the church all for their personal gain.

Leave those bumbling liars.

They are putting up godly appearances, but their hearts are so far away.

When someone lies with the word of God, I'm supposed to shut up and accept it because it is supposedly coming from a "man of God". How then is it different from the workings of a secret cult? Especially when there is supposedly freedom and truth as the basis of operation.

They still are unable to tell us where in the bible it is determined that tithing is allowed for non-Jews.

They can't tell us where tithing was cash.

It is just to dismissively submit us with subtle intimidation with nonsense like "God's word is not debatable".

God's word is debatable when liars, conmen and gun-runners like Oritsejafor are peddling it and using it for personal gain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 08, 2018
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by djon78(m): 4:05pm On May 08, 2018
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by djon78(m): 4:20pm On May 08, 2018
OkaiCorne:

No one even understands what your aim is.
People have given you proof that tithing is obsolete and yet you are wallowing in pride and ignorance.

Show us where God instructed tithes to be paid monetarily or where Gentiles gave tithes... You have no scriptural reference to back up your points.

You claim the Jews tithe in their synagogues and you have been countered with sufficient evidence on that...

So what exactly is the point you are making?

You gave me no proof.

You quoted Leviticus but I told you from the scriptures that Abraham was the first man that paid tithe.

Levi the father of the priests that collect tithes was already in the loins of Abraham paying tithe to Melchizedek according to the book of Hebrews.

Furthermore the same book of Hebrews made us to understand that the priesthood of Melchizedek which was a type of Christ was superior to priesthood of Aaron which you were quoting Leviticus.

Jesus Christ is a high priest after the order of Melchizedek. A higher priesthood than Aaron.

so what proof did you give me?

Please go and ask the Lord to open your eyes if you really want to know. What I am saying is there in the scriptures.
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 4:49pm On May 08, 2018
djon78:

You gave me no proof.

You quoted Leviticus but I told you from the scriptures that Abraham was the first man that paid tithe.

Levi the father of the priests that collect tithes was already in the loins of Abraham paying tithe to Melchizedek according to the book of Hebrews.

Furthermore the same book of Hebrews made us to understand that the priesthood of Melchizedek which was a type of Christ was superior to priesthood of Aaron which you were quoting Leviticus.

Jesus Christ is a high priest after the order of Melchizedek. A higher priesthood than Aaron.

Please go and ask the Lord to open your eyes if you really want to know. What I am saying is there in the scriptures.

Don't tell lies to make your point...or have you quickly forgotten all the rabbinical literatures I posted on this thread on how the Jews tithed in line with God's instructions?

Was gold or silver or money part of the items tithed?

Where in the old or new testament did gentiles tithe?

Now if you have the Spirit of discernment as you claim, have you bothered asking yourself why the subject matter of tithing was discussed in the letter of Hebrews which was addressed to the JEWS ALONE?.

Why wasn't this message of tithing included in the letters to the Phillippians, Colossians, Corinthians, Ephesians and other gentile churches?

DID TITHING APPLY TO THE GENTILES AND THE CHRISTIANS?
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 5:05pm On May 08, 2018
djon78:

You gave me no proof.

JUST TO REFRESH YOUR MEMORY ON THE PROOF I GAVE YOU EARLIER THAT TITHING AS INSTRUCTED BY GOD IS NOT MONETARY IN NATURE

Tithes in Judaism

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tithing in the Temple
The tithe is specifically mentioned in the Books of Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. The tithe system was organized in a seven-year cycle, the seventh-year corresponding to the Shemittah-cycle in which year tithes were broken-off, and in every third and sixth-year of this cycle the Second tithe replaced with the Poor man's tithe. These tithes were in reality more like taxes for the people of Israel and were mandatory, not optional giving. This tithe was distributed locally "within thy gates" (Deuteronomy 14:28) to support the Levites and assist the poor. Every year, Bikkurim, Terumah, Ma'aser Rishon and Terumat Ma'aser were separated from the grain, wine and oil (Deuteronomy 14:22). Initially, the commandment to separate tithes from one's produce only applied when the entire nation of Israel had settled in the Land of Israel. The Returnees from the Babylonian exile who had resettled the country were a Jewish minority, and who, although they were not obligated to tithe their produce, put themselves under a voluntary bind to do so, and which practice became obligatory upon all.
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 5:05pm On May 08, 2018
Terumah (Heave-offering)
The first obligation that was incumbent upon an Israelite or Jew was to separate from his harvested grain (wheat, barley, spelt, etc.), wine (including unpressed grapes) and oil (including unpressed olives) the one-fiftieth portion of these products (or one-fortieth, if he were a man of generosity; and one-sixtieth if he were stingy) and to give the same to a man of Aaron's lineage (priestly stock), who, in turn, would eat such fruits in a state of ritual cleanness, in accordance with a biblical command, "...and let him not eat of the holy things, until he bathes his flesh in water. And when the sun goes down down, he will be clean, and shall afterward eat of the holy things because it is his food" (Leviticus 22:6). This obligation was contingent upon the fact that such fruits grew in the Land of Israel. Later, the Rabbis made it an obligation to do the same for all fruits and vegetables grown in the Land of Israel, and not only to such fruits as grain, grapes and olives. With the destruction of the Temple and the cessation of ritual purity, the obligation to separate the Terumah continued unabated, although it was no longer given to a priest of Aaron's lineage, since bodily defilement was now pervasive. The general practice after the Temple's destruction was to separate the Terumah from all fruits and vegetables by removing even the slightest portion thereof, and to immediately discard it by burial or some other means of disposal (since it can no longer be eaten in the current state of ritual uncleanness, and those doing so would make themselves liable to extirpation).
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 5:06pm On May 08, 2018
First tithe
The first tithe is giving of one tenth of the remaining agricultural produce (after removing from the produce the standard Terumah) to the Levite (or Aaronic priests). Historically, during the First Temple period, the first tithe was given to the Levites. Approximately at the beginning of the Second Temple construction, Ezra and his Beth din implemented its giving to the kohanim.

The Levites, also known as the Tribe of Levi, were descendants of Levi. They were assistants to the Aaronic priests (who were the children of Aaron and, therefore, a subset of the Tribe of Levi) and did not own or inherit a territorial patrimony (Numbers 18:21-28). Their function in society was that of temple functionaries, teachers and trusted civil servants who supervised the weights and scales and witnessed agreements. The goods donated from the other Israeli tribes were their source of sustenance. They received from "all Israel" a tithe of food or livestock for support, and in turn would set aside a tenth portion of that tithe (known as the Terumat hamaaser) for the Aaronic priests.
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 5:06pm On May 08, 2018
Second tithe

Unlike other offerings which were restricted to consumption within the tabernacle, the second tithe could be consumed anywhere within the Walls of Jerusalem. On years one, two, four and five of the Shemittah-cycle, God commanded the Children of Israel to take a second tithe that was to be brought to the place of the Temple (Deuteronomy 14:23). The owner of the produce was to separate and bring 1/10 of his finished produce to the Old City of Jerusalem, after separating Terumah and the first tithe, but if the family lived too far from Jerusalem, the tithe could be redeemed upon coins (Deuteronomy 14:24-25). Then, the Bible required the owner of the redeemed coins to spend the tithe "to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish" (Deuteronomy 14:26). Implicit in the commandment was an obligation to spend the coins on items meant for human consumption.

Poor man's tithe
In years three and six of the Shemittah-cycle the Israelites set aside the (second) tithe instead as the poor tithe, and it was given to the strangers, orphans, and widows.
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 5:07pm On May 08, 2018
Terumat maaser

Terumat hamaaser was given by the Levite to the Kohen, and was one-tenth of what the Levite had received of the First-tithe. It is alluded to in the Hebrew Bible under the words, "a tithe (tenth) of the tithe" (Numbers 18:26). It, too, was considered Terumah, and was eaten by priests in a state of ritual cleanness. Today, the Terumat maaser is discarded because of general uncleanness, just as the Terumah is now discarded.

Demai

Demai (Mishnaic Hebrew: דמאי) is a Halakhic term meaning "dubious," referring to agricultural produce, the owner of which was not trusted with regard to the correct separation of the tithes assigned to the Levites, although the terumah (the part designated unto priests) was believed to have been separated from such fruits. In such "dubious" cases, all that was necessary was to separate the one-tenth portion due to the priests from the First Tithe given to the Levites, being the 1/100th part of the whole. The Second Tithe is also removed (redeemed) from the fruit in such cases of doubt.
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" by OkaiCorne(m): 5:08pm On May 08, 2018
Places that require tithing
The criterion for determining what places require the tithing of produce is any place within the country that was held by the Returnees from the Babylonian exile, as defined in the "Baraita of the Boundaries" of the Land of Israel;although today the land might be held by a different entity, or else worked by non-Jews, produce grown in those places would still require the separation of tithes when they come into the hand of an Israelite or Jew.

Tithes are broken-off during the Sabbatical year (such as when the ground lies fallow), during which year, all fruits, grains and vegetables that are grown of themselves in that year are considered free and ownerless property. For example, whatever lands were held by those returning from the Babylonian exile at the time of Ezra are forbidden to be ploughed and sown by any Jew during the Seventh year, and even if gentiles were to plough such land and sow it, the produce would be forbidden unto Jews to eat. On the other hand, the extension of such lands held by the people of Israel who departed Egypt and who entered the Land of Canaan under their leader, Joshua, are forbidden to be ploughed by any Jew during the Seventh year, but if gentiles had ploughed such land and sown it, the produce is permitted to be eaten by a Jew. If on a regular week-year, fruits and grains and vegetables, if grown by an Israelite in these places, would require tithing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

8 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Service / The Day I Watched A Pastor’s Televised Healing Session(+pics) / Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.