Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,322 members, 7,836,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take (1147 Views)

Indecisive About My Fiancée That Dated People I Know / I Caught My Fiancée Cheating / I Sent N500k To My Fiancée To Open A Shop, She Used It To Settle Family Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by koife(m): 11:09am On May 06, 2018
Well, I'm about to get married in matter of months. Though not in the country, I make effort to make her have smooth relationship with my dad and siblings who are in Nigeria and my mom who is in Usa suggested I have her go sleep over at dads, dad even concurred apparently aimed at making their bond better and also observe her. We spoke about it few weeks ago, she agreed... even reminded her today( Sunday) but I was shocked when she went ahead to seek permission from her family ppl after we had agreed. Now declining to do as we agreed. Now this is not first instance of such happening. My work makes me touch bonny port atleast once in two months just for few hours. In bid to raise funds and Drop some stuff we agreed she come to bonny to pick them up, we agreed and all. I was Surprised she told me she spoke with her brother who told her not to and she stood by it. I'm not very good in making decisions but I think it's a red flag for me. I think she will be the kinda of woman that will allow her family influence and decisions overrides what we both agree as couples.. It hurts me she spills every little stuff we talk about as couples to be. I think at this point we need some level of independence and discreetness from her.... I may be wrong, so correct me if I am wrong. I am seeking advise from those who are experienced in the game of marriage to give me nature advise pls!

Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by Cutehector(m): 11:13am On May 06, 2018
I don't see any wrong in her telling her family people about her where abouts. The only thing she did wrong was to go against the decisions you two have already agreed upon.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by IamD18: 11:14am On May 06, 2018
You are yet to owe her.

Until she becomes your wife, you don't need to bother much about how she seeks advice from her parents.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by Neiy: 11:17am On May 06, 2018
Please remind her your the man and you both initial agreement needs to stand.
Your about tying the knot with this kind of attitude from your suppose finance isn't a good one remembering it's marriage and not relationship.
The early you correct errors the better for you both personality ND your marriage.
This kind of attitude brings discord and control.
She needs to be self reliant.
Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by koife(m): 11:17am On May 06, 2018
Cutehector:
I don't see any wrong in her telling her family people about her where abouts. The only thing she did wrong was to go against the decisions you two have already agreed upon.
So what do you advise?
Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by koife(m): 11:18am On May 06, 2018
Neiy:
Please remind her your the man and you both initial agreement needs to stand.
Your about tying the knot with this kind of attitude from your suppose finance isn't a good one remembering it's marriage and not relationship.
The early you correct errors the better for you both personality ND your marriage.
This kind of attitude brings discord and control.
She needs to be self reliant.
Thanks man, I've made concerted efforts in this direction. It hurts me real bad. I think I'll take heave on the slack. Thnx bro
Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by Cutehector(m): 11:19am On May 06, 2018
koife:

So what do you advise?
its just something that requires discussion. Have a chat with her and tell her you don't like it when you two agree on something and she goes against the discussion.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by Nobody: 11:19am On May 06, 2018
koife:

So what do you advise?

You are asking achikd who still.lives with his parents to advise you?

Do go speak to your uncle's and aunts

Smh
Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by AstroG: 11:22am On May 06, 2018
I for talk,but lemme shut my mouth lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by Preshy561(f): 11:28am On May 06, 2018
why is she avoiding your family members?
in my village,it's a norm the lady in question spends some days with her father/mother inlaw.

have you asked her the reasons behind the disagreements?
Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by koife(m): 11:50am On May 06, 2018
Preshy561:
why is she avoiding your family members?
in my village,it's a norm the lady in question spends some days with her father/mother inlaw.

have you asked her the reasons behind the disagreements?
I really can't tell, but from what i gathered my dad likes her so much and she too likes my dad. She actually agreed to go visit him but not sleep over.
Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by kus4fame(m): 11:50am On May 06, 2018
Don't even know what to type here as usual

My take:
The OP is guilty of the same crime his Would Be allegedly committed.
It was even his family that came up with the idea of the girl going to spend sometime with his dad
She's only a friend and not yet a wife
For now, her family's opinion should not be disregarded by her
I've not even heard the girl's side of the story self

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by koife(m): 11:54am On May 06, 2018
kus4fame:
Don't even know what to type here as usual

My take:
The OP is guilty of the same crime his Would Be allegedly committed.
It was even his family that came up with the idea of the girl going to spend sometime with his dad
She's only a friend and not yet a wife
For now, her family's opinion should not be disregarded by her
I've not even heard the girl's side of the story self
ok noted
Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by Preshy561(f): 12:16pm On May 06, 2018
koife:

I really can't tell, but from what i gathered my dad likes her so much and she too likes my dad. She actually agreed to go visit him but not sleep over.
have you asked her why she doesn't want to sleep over?
Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by HeWrites(m): 12:33pm On May 06, 2018
If I'm in this kind of situation

I will just CUT the marriage the way Igbo people do use to CUT a film of 10 seasons into 1 Season

Not time to be with a lady who can't decide by herself without her Family

OP, God will help you with your relationship

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by koife(m): 12:34pm On May 06, 2018
Preshy561:

have you asked her why she doesn't want to sleep over?
All she said was it doesn't seem right since in not married to her and that her mom didn't approve of it
Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by koife(m): 12:36pm On May 06, 2018
HeWrites:
If I'm in this kind of situation

I will just CUT the marriage the way Igbo people do use to CUT a film of 10 seasons into 1 Season

Not time to be with a lady who can't decide by herself without her Family

OP, God will help you with your relationship
I do really care for her and don't think taking such rash decisions would help her in any way
Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by HeWrites(m): 12:38pm On May 06, 2018
koife:
I do really care for her and don't think taking such rash decisions would help her in any way

That's not an advice o.

Just trying to be funny

Follow IamD18

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by Hector09(m): 12:40pm On May 06, 2018
The lady didnot do anything wrong since she is still under the custody of her parents, she we tell them abt her movement and she we held to their advise, cus she own them the respect to alway obey them

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by MISEDUCATIONS: 1:37pm On May 06, 2018
i broke it off with my virgin GF when she did that shìt. when i seduced you and took your virginity you didnt ask for your family's advice now moving on you have to be runing to them??
screw that! go date them

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by Preshy561(f): 1:40pm On May 06, 2018
koife:
All she said was it doesn't seem right since in not married to her and that her mom didn't approve of it
I don't know what to say again.

allow her to visit your dad first though.
Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by Preshy561(f): 1:42pm On May 06, 2018
MISEDUCATIONS:
i broke it off with my virgin GF when she did that shìt. when i seduced you and took your virginity you didnt ask for your family's advice now moving on you have to be runing to them??
screw that! go date them
You keep changing moniker.
btw,nobody asked about your relationship iissue and when you broke up with your gf.

so you mean he should break up with his fiancèe because of this?
Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by segunbo: 2:13pm On May 06, 2018
My brother listen carefully, let me ask you some questions.
since you have started your relationship,did she use to tell her family all ur private or vital discussion with her?

if yes is it all what both of you agreed that her family disagree with ?

as a man and his husband to be , did you tell or have called her that your private discussion as husband and wife to be should not be shared with third parties.

Do you think she will stop broadcasting your discussion with her family after married?

talking from experience
it's totally bad for third parties to know that both of you have misunderstanding if arrived to the extend of informing any of your family.

I don't look at it on your point but answer my question to know what to do.REMEMBER,Marriage is not what you do today and tomorrow you will say I'm not doing again.LIFE CONTRACT. TILL DEATH DO US APART. nothing like I don't like her character but I will manage it.no manage in married.

Good bless
Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by MISEDUCATIONS: 2:25pm On May 06, 2018
Preshy561:

You keep changing moniker.
btw,nobody asked about your relationship iissue and when you broke up with your gf.

so you mean he should break up with his fiancèe because of this?
i was not telling you but OP. walk away.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by 44kings: 11:55am On Aug 09, 2018
Please hav u heard anything about FBNI grad trainee invitation for assessment lately?
Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 09, 2018
koife:
Well, I'm about to get married in matter of months. Though not in the country, I make effort to make her have smooth relationship with my dad and siblings who are in Nigeria and my mom who is in Usa suggested I have her go sleep over at dads, dad even concurred apparently aimed at making their bond better and also observe her. We spoke about it few weeks ago, she agreed... even reminded her today( Sunday) but I was shocked when she went ahead to seek permission from her family ppl after we had agreed. Now declining to do as we agreed. Now this is not first instance of such happening. My work makes me touch bonny port atleast once in two months just for few hours. In bid to raise funds and Drop some stuff we agreed she come to bonny to pick them up, we agreed and all. I was Surprised she told me she spoke with her brother who told her not to and she stood by it. I'm not very good in making decisions but I think it's a red flag for me. I think she will be the kinda of woman that will allow her family influence and decisions overrides what we both agree as couples.. It hurts me she spills every little stuff we talk about as couples to be. I think at this point we need some level of independence and discreetness from her.... I may be wrong, so correct me if I am wrong. I am seeking advise from those who are experienced in the game of marriage to give me nature advise pls!

You said it all, you are not good at decision making.
Re: My Fiancée Seeks Her Family Consent And Permission For Every Decision We Take by cjeriia: 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2018
Dear Op believe it or not, it's a red flag. You might not see any reason to worry today but might or will look back tomorrow wishing you had taken a decisive action.
Nobody likes to b married today & separated or divorced tomorrow. If you know you can manage it, go ahead. If not, go ur separate ways b4 you do something you will regret

External influence is bad for any union

(1) (Reply)

My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft / How A Lagos Man Slept With A Ghost For 8 Months / Beautiful Bride And Her 7 Bridesmaids Slays In Swimsuit (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.