Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook (1254 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Armed Biker Gang Plans Open-carry “draw Mohammed” Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque / The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by mantraa: 10:23pm On May 20, 2010
So far they have got over 11000 very funny drawings of mohammed in some very compromising situations and some great discussions going on  grin

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=121369914543425&topic=1507#!/pages/Everybody-Draw-Mohammed-Day/121369914543425?v=info

http://everybodydrawmohammedday./

"May 20th 2010 is draw Mohammed day! Help spread knowledge about this important day - invite your friends! When on this page, drawing pictures or discussing: We strongly encourage you not to use this page as an excuse for hate speech."

"Hopefully this page will spark serious debates in international forums.

We are not trying to slander the average muslim , it's not a muslim/islam hatepage. We simply want to show the extremists that threaten to harm people because of their Mohammed depictions, that we're not afraid of them. That they can't take away our right to freedom of speech by trying to scare us to silence."

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=everybody+draw+mohammed+day&aq=f
Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by udennaa: 9:46am On May 21, 2010
;Dam loving it grin
Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 21, 2010
Christiansthe God-loving, christ-like, peace loving christians, let's provoke the Moslems and ridicule them and disrespect their belief!

Whatever they love, let's do something to make them MAd! Let the holy-ghost inspire us in our drawing

YeaH! I'm loving the it! how marvelous to be a born again, spirit-filled Christian

Ooh weEEEE !!!!
Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by Nobody: 4:23am On May 22, 2010
AIRDIG:

Christiansthe God-loving, christ-like, peace loving christians, let's provoke the Moslems and ridicule them and disrespect their belief!

Whatever they love, let's do something to make them MAd! Let the holy-ghost inspire us in our drawing

YeaH! I'm loving the it! how marvelous to be a born again, spirit-filled Christian

Ooh weEEEE !!!!

silly little hypocrite. Somehow mantraa and the folks who set up the facebook page told you they were "spirit-filled christians" drawing mohammad in the spirit of Christ right?
Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by blank(f): 6:14am On May 22, 2010
I think this thread should be deleted.
Its such a spiteful thread that i am shocked that Christians are the ones.
U know how they revere him why try to start something?
Have u forgotten that it was pics of him from Denmark that caused a riot in d north?

If u really claim to be Christians, show love and not hate.
Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by Omolulu(m): 6:30am On May 22, 2010
blank:

I think this thread should be deleted.
Its such a spiteful thread that i am shocked that Christians are the ones.
U know how they revere him why try to start something?
Have u forgotten that it was pics of him from Denmark that caused a riot in d north?

If u really claim to be Christians, show love and not hate.

WORD !
Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by oyinda3(f): 6:48am On May 22, 2010
these people too dey like to provoke wahala. later they will be all up in arms about some terrorist bombing.
if u no get better thing to do, go and read ur bible or better still, find any book to read. paint the stars if ur feeling artistic. undecided

We are not trying to slander the average muslim , it's not a muslim/islam hatepage. We simply want to show the extremists that threaten to harm people because of their Mohammed depictions, that we're not afraid of them. That they can't take away our right to freedom of speech by trying to scare us to silence."

not trying to slander the average muslim?
but you are trying to turn him into an extremist abi?

i'm sure if a muslim in the US draws the white house going up in flames or and post it on facebook, the CIA will be first to arrest him under suspicion for terrorism. shows that not everyone has equal access to freedom of speech.
Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by benodic: 8:13am On May 22, 2010
the best answer for a fool is silence.

if the moslems in the world had learnt this wise saying all this nonsense about drawings would have stopped.

but due to the fact that anytime this issue arises moslems take to the streets in protest, that means they have shown their detractors their sore point.

i do not think it will ever stop. violence is never the answer to provocation but sweet surrender to God to take care of the situation

1 Like

Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by Mudley313: 9:06am On May 22, 2010
I support this movement. Our modern world has no room for intolerance and barbarism all in the name of religion. Freedom of expression is a right and no stone aged arabian laws can take that away from anyone

Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by noetic16(m): 10:46am On May 22, 2010
how did I manage to miss the cartoons? where are the cartoons that show the paedo "prophet" with 9 year old aisha? grin grin
Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 22, 2010
AIRDIG:

Christians the God-loving, christ-like, peace loving christians, let's provoke the Moslems and ridicule them and disrespect their belief!

Ooh weEEEE !!!!

@Daviddylan,
davidylan:

silly little hypocrite.
imagine olumuyiwa from Abeokuta calling someone a hypocrite! What  preposterousity!
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned" (Mt.12:36-37).
Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by benodic: 12:41pm On May 22, 2010
@ mudley 313,
bingo again. that cartoon was a winner. i am just having a field day today laughing and laughing.

sometimes i wonder why molems are so touchy over the issue of their prophet.

if people come out now and start criticising my religion or my spiritual leader really i will not give a single hoot nor will any other Eckist. because it does not matter and will not change what i am in any way.

i am living in the northern part of nigeria and it is hush, hush hush when it comes to the issue of religion. religion is simply not discussed because you do not know what you will say and it will start a religious riot.
Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by mantraa: 3:13pm On May 23, 2010
FYI: the orignal site is back up, restored by Facebook. Here is a post form the admin:

"This page was removed two days ago, after one of our moderators had his email and skype
hacked. His personal data was revealed. He then got scared and deleted the page, the blog and the emails. The rest of us, are now back without him after he backed out. This is another scare tactic from the Islamic extremists. We won't fall."

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=121369914543425&topic=1507#!/pages/Everybody-Draw-Mohammed-Day/121369914543425
Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by Ibime(m): 11:26pm On May 23, 2010
Facebook are taking the piss! By letting such things go unchecked, e be like say they wanna be boycotted by the whole muslim world.
Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by Nobody: 5:54am On May 24, 2010
^^but i dont hear you making similar complaints about the tribalism section.

abi you're wilywily?
Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by Ibime(m): 9:34am On May 24, 2010
You this foolish woman. Because you spend most of your time in tribalism section, you expect everyone to follow suit?
Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by plappville(f): 6:13pm On Apr 01, 2012
benodic: the best answer for a fool is silence.

if the moslems in the world had learnt this wise saying all this nonsense about drawings would have stopped.

but due to the fact that anytime this issue arises moslems take to the streets in protest, that means they have shown their detractors their sore point.

i do not think it will ever stop. violence is never the answer to provocation but sweet surrender to God to take care of the situation

You have spoken well, You should know that nothing can stop Muslim from been violent as long as they have this Instruction from their book.
But the truth is that, drawing Muhammed is not Christlike as well. I think this Ideal must be from the Church goers. No true christian will partake in such an event!
Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by Sweetnecta: 8:22pm On Apr 01, 2012
^ hey babe [i could have said doll. that will be idolatry]. long time woman. how famly? i missed you. you or-aiight?
Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by LagosShia: 8:34pm On Apr 01, 2012
Sweetnecta: ^ hey babe [i could have said doll. that will be idolatry]. long time woman. how famly? i missed you. you or-aiight?

i think as much as we miss her likes for giving us the opportunity to expose falsehood and reveal the truth about Islam,we should as well admit appreciation for the calm and peace prevailing in the forum for months so far.i think our christian friends who are extremists have seen to the fact that offending others baselessly would only endanger their religion being exposed for what it truly is and that surely displeases them.
Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by Taiquadri(f): 11:12pm On Apr 01, 2012
Dis is wack,outrageous nd very stupid.1)muslims r nt violent.hausas r nt d only muslims in 9ja so if dey r being violent it has notin 2 do wif d religion y wen d prophet(pbuh)fought his 1st religious battle y d believers wer thrown out of dier own hometown nd maltreated dey were killed d women raped nd laid out in d hot sun 2 bleed 2 death who wuldnt fite against dat?durin battle wen dey went back 2 dier hometown d warriors were givn d order nt 2 fite children,women,men in d field workin nd anybody dat
Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by Taiquadri(f): 11:23pm On Apr 01, 2012
isnt tryin 2 harm dem so wateva is happenin in 9ja isnt a religious conflict it started as far back as 1953 nd d hate is still der hausa nd ibo notin 2 do wit Islam.2)d prophet(pbuh)is a noble creature dat ws blessd by Allah cleansed off natural hateful human behaviours chosen 2 bring d holy book dat y we cnt just sit back nd watch pple slander im or d Quran because dey r clean nd shuld nt b subjectd 2 such ridiculous tinz evn wen showin films about his lyf he is neva shown because nobody is worth dat role
Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by Taiquadri(f): 11:32pm On Apr 01, 2012
Have nt bin seeing wonders av u nt heard of d story of a young gal dat threw d Quran of her mother and turned 2 a beast,a woman gave birth 2 a baby wit d word Dere is no God except Allah written across his forehead am nt preachin just advisin u guys 2 stop dis stupid tin it ridiculous.Boko Haram is nt an Islamic sect dey blew a market in maiduguri r u tellin me dere wil be no single muslim inside dat market nd its also 4biden 4 a muslim 2 pass an unsheathed sword 2 anoda muslim so wat judgement do u tink
Re: Today Is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day On Facebook by Taiquadri(f): 11:40pm On Apr 01, 2012
wil be passd on 1 dat kils oda pple.Dis tin goin on wit d boko haram is very bad dey r nt fightin 4 a just cause fightin against civilization nd képs kiling pple dey r enemies of both xtians nd more of dat of muslims y dey r destroyin d tin we live 4 Islam wat we shuld do is fight 2 geda nt call sm pple Islamic killers sm yorubas r alsp muslims bt dey dnt go around killon do dey?I just pray 2 God 4 dis insanity 2 stop b4 we all get d disease.MASALAM.9JA NA 1

(1) (Reply)

Female Priests Invade Catholic Church / SimonAndal Is A Changed Man/Boy! / Is The Church A Prostitute?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.