Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,855 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? (25392 Views)

Which Is Equivalent To Success, Hard Work, Smartwork, Luck? / How To Charm Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace By Johnspeak Uwangue / How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by Cope1(m): 10:17am On May 07, 2018
Karmatyra:

Aww....its quite unfortunate..I am based in abuja.
But its OK. Send your acct number...maybe a token can go a long way since I can't help you in the job area because of our location.
Hello, will like to learn fish farming in ur farm. I'm also based in Abuja.
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by Kinggnicole(f): 10:18am On May 07, 2018
Sholaystar4me:
having bagged a degree in chemistry from one of the prestigious Uni in Naija with strong grade, couldn't secure a job for sometimes, so I started making and selling liquid soap, and paint (painted house too), after doing that for a year, I got a job, as a medical rep, and exactly after one year doing that, I left the shore of my fatherland. I am not where I wanna be but I looked back in time, and I glorify the Lord. With every step I take, I am closer to my goal.

I need just 5 people that wanna learn how to make soap, paint etc to mention me and drop their emails.

This is my very tiny way of giving back and thanking Allah

Thanks

Heyyy.... you've done well for yourself.

kinggnicole@yahoo.com
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by Fashx007: 10:19am On May 07, 2018
onyii255:
Good morning nairalanders...
Pls how do I get to tapo in badagry from festac town??
Find ur mazamaza den board a bus going to badagry then alight at Topo not "tapo" roundabt then ask further for directions. ..
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by peterock100: 10:19am On May 07, 2018
Sholaystar4me:
having bagged a degree in chemistry from one of the prestigious Uni in Naija with strong grade, couldn't secure a job for sometimes, so I started making and selling liquid soap, and paint (painted house too), after doing that for a year, I got a job, as a medical rep, and exactly after one year doing that, I left the shore of my fatherland. I am not where I wanna be but I looked back in time, and I glorify the Lord. With every step I take, I am closer to my goal.

I need just 5 people that wanna learn how to make soap, paint etc to mention me and drop their emails.

Thanks
wanna learn
Hitiswell@yahoo.com
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by Marshalxv(m): 10:21am On May 07, 2018
Did many odd jobs, while I was with grandma, I sold vegetable for her,would wake up by 4am everyday ,go to head bridge onitsha or relieve market to buy vegetable, later sold stock fish.
moved in with a family, I was turned to a semi slave, would wake up every morning by 5am to go buy ice block and freeze minerals and pure water which I'll later sale immediately I return from school without even eating, this was my secondary school days. Funny thing is that I have this ajebo face that tends to hide all my stress and hardship, people always count me among the rich boys. lol.
Most times when I sleep walk while hawking, I always see myself judging cases as a judge. lol
After sec school, had to do the normal mecine job for guys, supplying blocks and serving cement in building sites, loading and offloading apples, worked as a sales boy for years, loading and offloading containers and the funniest part of it all, helping some big boys woo ladies and get paid for it in return lol, Finally got admission and currently studying. This is just half of the story, the full version will come when I finally become a great counselor and a certified legal practitioner so help me God.

any help will be greatly appreciated
be it words of encouragement, guidance or financial 0038419510 diamond bank.

5 Likes

Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by ganie(m): 10:23am On May 07, 2018
Factory worker,Water bills distributor come sun and rain with no salary we lived on tips by landlords,Filling station attendant,Painter etc
Yet to find a meaningful employment with my bsc degree and a certificate in social media mgt.
I live on the mainland,pls anybody with an opening should help me.

1 Like

Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by StarOnEarth(m): 10:23am On May 07, 2018
After my high school I took a job at computer village, it was so stressful but I knew I had to do it
I stoped after few month then I started to sell chicken and chips with sharwama for various club in lagos.
There was one time I had to fetch water for someone in request for cash, if my mum knew about it she would still be in tears now.

But by the grace of God now am an architect and the co-founder of the first African Architecture website.. we not there yet but we are getting closer day by day.

6 Likes

Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by mumureloaded(m): 10:25am On May 07, 2018
I wouldn't like to say anything because I don't consider myself to be in that shoe of those that have made it. sometime when my friends that we hustle together back in the days talk about all the shit we passed through before now( at least they are okay) I normally keep quite. when we started tho some odd jobs I opted out and went to school, no I'm 22 a graduate still look up to my moma for food I don't go out cause of all this frustration. sometime I go back to my room and cry. I know you guys have something to say but mind you I live in local area, no work, job not even manual labour but I still give thanks to God. maybe after nysc my life cab turn around.
though I wish I start something online but my phone only equipped with 1g ram to run chrome is a problem.
now back to the subject of the matter, I still remember that I I did manual labour to the extent that my alias back then "Chief labourer". gain a lot of experience from this shīt.

sometime got slapped by a bricklayer

got six pack without any form of workout

lifting of bag of cement with teeth( interview to evaluate how competent you are and sometime when you do they won't consider you because they belief you can make away with cement with ease)

and sometime we work from 7am - 7pm no break for N800

hawking just don't mention this shit

clearing bush, I'm not talking about grass this time around. never done it before so for me to cope with those that are already expert in the field, I took tm that is how started the shit.

clearing of site (fall trees, yes big trees.)

I did a lot of thing that are odd and yet here I'm frustrate.

sometime when I look back I just smile, not because I made it but for the fact that I'm still alive. I don't blame God, I only thank him for the life I have today.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by Kinggnicole(f): 10:29am On May 07, 2018
Leebeedo:
I worked @ Genesis Fast Food, PH..... was told I’ll be the service supervisor but ended up serving food and clearing tables. My story is different now oh, believe me, God had been faithful.

Lol.... this is funny

Good thing you're in a better position now

1 Like

Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by Nobody: 10:34am On May 07, 2018
donefezy:

Hi, can you help a brother get a job where you work currently? I am seriously in need of a job. I reside very close to agbara
the job required the experience on how to operate a loom machine. if u have any idea or experience about that, then yes I can help you get a job in the place I work.
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by eboiga(f): 10:45am On May 07, 2018
Party server
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by donefezy: 10:49am On May 07, 2018
olassy239:
the job required the experience on how to operate a loom machine. if u have any idea or experience about that, then yes I can help you get a job in the place I work.
aww,i have no experience with that since i just graduated. Can't one be taught? I am a quick leaner and eager to work or can you help with any other job *please* (thanks for the reply)
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by sunnymighty(m): 10:49am On May 07, 2018
donefezy:

Hi, can you help a brother get a job where you work currently? I am seriously in need of a job. I reside very close to agbara

Quote me if U are a Special Educator or U knw any MALE that studied special education.
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by Bakrabas: 10:54am On May 07, 2018
ztar:
Me that is still selling data.. It's not yet time for my story ooo...
Still call/whatapp 08103804980 for your affordable data..

I need glo data, how much
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by Chuknovski(m): 10:56am On May 07, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
i have always been a proud piimp.

prostitution and human trafficking has been my area of specialization. . . na we dey co-ordinate business flow for asotime and oluku ashawo house for Benin. All thanks to me. Single and shy Uniben students can now enjoy themselves sexually at oluku. I have introduced a very high number of students into visiting ashawo houses . With the experience i have now in olosho business, i look forward to one day having my own world class brothel where men can come and flex their waist with no fear of catching hiv and i have worked with different species of girls around nigeria and also arranged benin girls to have a one night stand with most high class politicians.

#proudPIMP

am no saint but your choice of business is ungodly, don't lead people to hell, think about your daughter's will you be happy if they are sold into halortry? abeg no vex you ear
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by EJYKY(m): 10:57am On May 07, 2018
tonididdy:
-ran a viewing centre
-and was a teacher for over 8years or more ( in all 8 years my highest salary was 12000N)
-during holidays did laybuke ( lifting blocks and cement mixtures at construction sites).
- did nanny job for a childhood bros for 2months without pay all in the name of free feeding and accommodation
-worked as a motor boy for a pure water factory, bagging, loading and offloading pure water bags.
-pump attendant at a filling station.
SMH

left Nigeria and Africa last year Dec , now I have a house and a car...Don't ask me how, it's God's PLAN

don't be angry bruh, but help another brother out, jud_lex2001@hotmail.co.uk will like to know how undecided
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by Ellabae(f): 10:57am On May 07, 2018
consultancy:
hope it's not olosho
No sir.
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by Ellabae(f): 10:59am On May 07, 2018
Basalt:

Hmmmm, odd?
Let it not be something illegal o o, otherwise...
Okay sir. I promise it's legal.
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by Ellabae(f): 10:59am On May 07, 2018
kalu61:
let's the odd worths it. Best of luck
Thanks boss
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by Gallant12: 11:00am On May 07, 2018
Sholaystar4me:

Thanks

Please teach me Sir.
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by Olami90: 11:04am On May 07, 2018
Sholaystar4me:

Thanks

good morning bro.
I am a graduate of Chemistry too.

I will like to learn paint making too.

thanks much
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by kullozone(m): 11:09am On May 07, 2018
Immediately a lady asked another lady to drop her account number, I figured it'll eventually turn to a begging thread. The lady that was given a token didn't ask for money oh... She asked for a job and she was lucky to get some cash.

Those guys begging should stop it or create another thread. We all know life is hard but reading how y'all just dropping account number is very annoying smiley

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by handsomeguy4kyf(m): 11:09am On May 07, 2018
[quote author=Meetleader post=67347073]Started as a PTE soldier in the Army with my SSCE...

Grew through the ranks to the rank of CPL...

Now in the Oil & Gas Industry with a University degree...

GOD is GREAT
may God continue to lift you up higher dear.
and protect you abundantly.
pls kindly assist me with any little amount you have let me sustain myself I'm living through difficult times now
i rather beg than to steal

Acct: 0260755512
Gt bank
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by Galaxydon1(m): 11:12am On May 07, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
i have always been a proud piimp.

prostitution and human trafficking has been my area of specialization. . . na we dey co-ordinate business flow for asotime and oluku ashawo house for Benin. All thanks to me. Single and shy Uniben students can now enjoy themselves sexually at oluku. I have introduced a very high number of students into visiting ashawo houses . With the experience i have now in olosho business, i look forward to one day having my own world class brothel where men can come and flex their waist with no fear of catching hiv and i have worked with different species of girls around nigeria and also arranged benin girls to have a one night stand with most high class politicians.

#proudPIMP
super story
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by handsomeguy4kyf(m): 11:13am On May 07, 2018
Psoul:
Wen the road started getting very rough, I brought out the desktop computer in my house. I was able to get a Photocopying machine at the rate N178,000.
Used it to start a micro business center. I tried to make a very big difference from what are obtainable from other centers. My customer relations was powerful. As a graduate, many ppl will be shocked wen they enter the shop and tell me that they want to type or photocopy some documents and see that I am the one to attend to them. They will be like; Oga are u the one here?

My typing and speed was so fantastic with minimum area. Ple started patronizing me so much. They were even advertising for me especially the university undergraduates. They will tell others that u just go there, tell the man what u want and he will give u a perfect job. Many of them started leaving the University environment to look for me at my shop.
Soon, the shop became Project and Assignment center. They will bring their assignments, irrespective of the course, I will research on it and build up the assignment and collect my cash. Same with projects. They will supply their project topics and I will build up the whole projects. The center became so popular that i had to employ more hands.
I so much love the job then cos it made me to read so much and gathered so much information from so many different field of study as i was researchin for many students to make my money.

Many others like Barristers and Local Government high Officers even started patronizing my center due to the near perfection job and high level of confidence we exude.

I made so much money from the center and also was training people on computer. I compiled many handouts on MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Corel Draw etc which I sold to those I trained and also made my cash from there. My center became so popular.

This biz was a contribution to my success history.
pls kindly assist me with any little amount you have let me sustain myself I'm living through difficult times now

Gt bank

1 Like

Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by francisxbee: 11:14am On May 07, 2018
Karmatyra:
I got admission immediately after my sec sch. After service, I worked at a primary sch for a 10k job. Then got a job with land and survey but was let go sometime in 2015. I had already saved enough money. Now I have a fish farm,poultry farm and a bet9ja shop. I earn approximately 250-300 every week no jokes. Only my betshop gives me 180k-200k every week. I haven't looked for a job ever since. Not a millionaire yet but I will be in a giffy. God has been faithful!

Inspiring. Glory be to God.
I'm an undergraduate. I spend my holidays in Abj. During this time I virtually do nothing. Sometimes 1 or 2 jobs are done. I'd like work with you during holz if possible.
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by handsomeguy4kyf(m): 11:16am On May 07, 2018
tonididdy:
-ran a viewing centre
-and was a teacher for over 8years or more ( in all 8 years my highest salary was 12000N)
-during holidays did laybuke ( lifting blocks and cement mixtures at construction sites).
- did nanny job for a childhood bros for 2months without pay all in the name of free feeding and accommodation
-worked as a motor boy for a pure water factory, bagging, loading and offloading pure water bags.
-pump attendant at a filling station.
SMH

left Nigeria and Africa last year Dec , now I have a house and a car...Don't ask me how, it's God's PLAN

Gt bank
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by handsomeguy4kyf(m): 11:19am On May 07, 2018
StarOnEarth:
After my high school I took a job at computer village, it was so stressful but I knew I had to do it
I stoped after few month then I started to sell chicken and chips with sharwama for various club in lagos.
There was one time I had to fetch water for someone in request for cash, if my mum knew about it she would still be in tears now.

But by the grace of God now am an architect and the co-founder of the first African Architecture website.. we not there yet but we are getting closer day by day.

Gt bank

1 Like

Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by Galaxydon1(m): 11:20am On May 07, 2018
I was a truck conductor. After many years I became a truck driver. from driver to truck owner. all my ex classmates that made jest of me when they were in the University cos I was a conductor then. now beg me for money. put God first and never give up.

2 Likes

Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by Fidelismaria: 11:21am On May 07, 2018
daviesblaze:
i did and i'm still doing many things. ranging from being a salesman/marketer by day and bouncer/sport betting punter by night. i can't say am at the top already. but i can boast to say "it's been one hell of a trip, and so far, i'm proud of my achievement." cool cool

Boss man

That sport betting part caught my attention

Make I pm you?
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by Fidelismaria: 11:23am On May 07, 2018
Rhesusmonkey:
Playing Betnaija, not until i hammered 5million naira, then the rest is history grin grin

5mill?

shocked shocked

I'm interested in sport betting

Make I pm you?
Re: What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? by Nybenpatrick(m): 11:36am On May 07, 2018
Have loaded blocks into a van in block industry been paid #500 from morning to evening and later move on to a factory job where they produces soap and move on to another factory job as a factory worker after that I gain an admission into the university graduated as a physician but have not reached my limit still looking for job.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

He Bribed His Way And Got A Job But Got Laid Off By The New Governor / How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! / Please Help Review My CV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.