Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,930 members, 7,814,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" (82899 Views)

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2018
mufutau55:

Oga mi, lovely work as usual. but roof not as high as yours. How high is this one?

Hajji M.

This is slightly shorter than mine by just about 450mm. I was told this area is prone to high winds so we made a lot of effort to ensure that the roof is safe.

I also did some modifications to this house plan to make it more functional, I added a balcony off the master bedroom to provide additional relaxation options for the occupants. This new balcony was not in my own house.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by mufutau55(m): 7:11pm On Jul 25, 2018
spyder880:

This is slightly shorter than mine by just about 450mm. I was told this area is prone to high winds so we made a lot of effort to ensure that the roof is safe.

I also did some modifications to this house plan to make it more functional, I added a balcony off the master bedroom to provide additional relaxation options for the occupants. This new balcony was not in my own house.

You are always good at what you do. God bless you.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 8:02pm On Jul 25, 2018
mufutau55:

You are always good at what you do. God bless you.

Hajji M.

It's always an honour to have you look in from time to time. Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by mufutau55(m): 8:06pm On Jul 25, 2018
spyder880:

It's always an honour to have you look in from time to time. Thank you Sir.

I will not be on NL if I dont look into your projects daily, even the completed ones.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by CharlesAA: 8:32pm On Jul 25, 2018
spyder880:
Meanwhile, we are bringing in wood for the roofing of this house, we are going to start treating the wood to prevent termites attack later.

please what do you use in treating these wood? and how is it applied?
Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:40am On Jul 29, 2018
Let's do the walls here, inside plastering and external designs.......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:41am On Jul 29, 2018
Preparing some design belts and hoods.......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by Johntemmy(m): 8:19am On Jul 29, 2018
get your hardwood plank for roofing at affordable price at your door step. call or WhatsApp 07060795767
Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by nameoh: 10:44am On Aug 01, 2018
spyder
how much have u now spent after the roofing has been installed.
Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 2:07pm On Aug 03, 2018
nameoh:
spyder
how much have u now spent after the roofing has been installed.

Plastering sand, cement, labor for walls, window hoods, belts, edges and other ornamentals planned to cost about N1.3m. Work in progress.
Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by nameoh: 5:07pm On Aug 04, 2018
spyder880:

Plastering sand, cement, labor for walls, window hoods, belts, edges and other ornamentals planned to cost about N1.3m. Work in progress.

syder
thanks for ur response, but i meant from foundation to instalation of the stone coated roofing tiles
Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by ikush(m): 9:25pm On Aug 04, 2018
Dear spyder880 sorry to derail your tread, I have a little challenge in my building and need some expert advice.
I have serious cracks on the wall of my building as a result of poor job execution from the builder. The cracks even affected the POP. See attached pictures.
Do you have anybody you can recommend to carry out this repairs? The location of the property is Benin. I fear the walls may fall down soon if repairs are not carried out by competent builders.

I will greatly appreciate your reply. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 11:19am On Aug 05, 2018
ikush:
Dear spyder880 sorry to derail your tread, I have a little challenge in my building and need some expert advice.
I have serious cracks on the wall of my building as a result of poor job execution from the builder. The cracks even affected the POP. See attached pictures.
Do you have anybody you can recommend to carry out this repairs? The location of the property is Benin. I fear the walls may fall down soon if repairs are not carried out by competent builders.

I will greatly appreciate your reply. Thanks

This looks very much like symptoms of a foundation defect known as "differential settlement" Lets talk about it and how best to prevent it.

Avoiding differential settlement starts from processes followed before the house construction is started. We should get soil samples tested in labs to establish their safe bearing capacities. Some soils are weak while some are stronger, many times, clients will want to skip this important investigation due to the added cost. 

The soil sample will provide information on the expected future behaviour of the soil when the building loads has been imposed on it. This will in turn inform the designers of the building on the types of foundation to plan for. Its not every land that a specific foundation can work on, and two lands in the same area can have different sub soils, prompting different foundation designs. 

Another point to note is wrong construction methods for even foundations designed properly, some people who know a lot less, or not trained in the profession can initiate work with the right foundation suited for a land and still mess up the work. Sometimes, it's as a result of trying to cut corners or inadequate supervision time to stay around and monitor each process. Wrong use of mixing ratios, wrong size and placement of reinforcement rods, wrong applications of curing periods and ignoring basic engineering rules like levels and lines can create problems for the foundation. 

Most cracks you see on walls run from deep inside the ground, and are caused when a part of the foundation sinks deeper than another side of the same foundation due to the building load, during or after construction. All buildings settle after construction, at least to up to 5mm minimum. But problem starts when some sides are settling in excess of 25-50mm or more

13 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by nameoh: 1:37pm On Aug 06, 2018
spyder880:

syder
thanks for ur response, but i meant from foundation to instalation of the stone coated roofing tiles
Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by bigjay01(m): 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2018
nameoh:

syder

foundation underpinning calling!

get a proper structural engineer
Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:26pm On Aug 06, 2018
nameoh:

syder

About N14m

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:29pm On Aug 06, 2018
We're doing the windows of this house outside the site. We hope to complete same and do the installation by ending of next week. Meanwhile we are still doing external plastering now.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by hapiness44(f): 6:33pm On Aug 06, 2018
spyder880:
We're doing the windows of this house outside the site. We hope to complete same and do the installation by ending of next week. Meanwhile we are still doing external plastering now.

Please check this thread out. Help a sister

https://www.nairaland.com/4545349/sister
Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 11:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
Outer walls plastering. ........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by mufutau55(m): 1:29am On Aug 10, 2018
spyder880:
Outer walls plastering. ........

The owner of this house is a lucky dude to be working with Spyder. My time shall come.

Hajji M.

7 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by Nobody: 3:46am On Aug 10, 2018
spyder880:

About N14m

My Chief.

I'm lost. Are you saying N14M built the house to roof level?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:01am On Aug 10, 2018
EgunMogaji:

My Chief.

I'm lost. Are you saying N14M built the house to roof level?

Yes Sir. Everything from the site clearing, foundation excavation, decking, parapet, till all the roofing is completed, materials, workmanship and supervision.

Welcome back Sir, it's been long o cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 10, 2018
spyder880:

Yes Sir. Everything from the site clearing, foundation excavation, decking, parapet, till all the roofing is completed, materials, workmanship and supervision.

Welcome back Sir, it's been long o cheesy

Oh I didn’t go anywhere I still dey here I just left Hajjs thread for the forum queens to have their clusterfest grin

What is the labor for this roof Sir? Labor only.
Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 8:51pm On Aug 10, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Oh I didn’t go anywhere I still dey here I just left Hajjs thread for the forum queens to have their clusterfest grin

What is the labor for this roof Sir? Labor only.

About N200,000.00 Sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 10, 2018
spyder880:

About N200,000.00 Sir.

For wood frame, nogging and aluminum? shocked

Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 9:10pm On Aug 10, 2018
EgunMogaji:

For wood frame, nogging and aluminum? shocked

Thank you Sir.

Yes Sir, everything.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2018
spyder880:

Yes Sir, everything.

Thank you Sir.

Have a wonderful weekend.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by Internetboy: 6:55pm On Aug 11, 2018
I am getting ready for you in Owerri . My land is 60 by 87 or their about , thats 501 square meters .

Would similar duplex or something bigger fit into the above land description with comfortable car space .
Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 10:59am On Aug 12, 2018
Internetboy:
I am getting ready for you in Owerri . My land is 60 by 87 or their about , thats 501 square meters .

Would similar duplex or something bigger fit into the above land description with comfortable car space .

Yes it can. Contact me on 0803 335 0750 and we can be starting work as soon as you are ready. My team is always ready.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by Nathan2016: 11:38am On Aug 12, 2018
Great Work.

What is the size of the land and house area too
Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by Internetboy: 12:10pm On Aug 12, 2018
spyder880:

Yes it can. Contact me on 0803 335 0750 and we can be starting work as soon as you are ready. My team is always ready.

I will contact you as soon as necessary .

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 12:20pm On Aug 12, 2018
Internetboy:

I will contact you as soon as necessary .

Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? / For Your Increte (decorative Stamped Concrete Floor design in Ngeria) Pictures / The Real Developers Of Lagos: Top 30 Real Estate Developers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.