Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,567 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” (39591 Views)

‘headies Is Yoruba Award, No Igbo Artist Performed Or Won An... / Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List / Next Rated Award Winners At The Headies Since 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Basic123: 11:24am On May 08, 2018
Trustworthiness:

The number one problem of this country called Nigeria are the South east people. They always attribute everything to tribalism when things did not go thier way. The main headache of the nation called Nigeria. Bunch of greedy, proud and egoistic, self centered, and all negative attitudes infected people. Hypocrites.
seriously, I wish every Nigerians know the type of people they are,if you know how they bastardize Nobel prize of 1986 just because the winner was not chinua Achebe despite the fact that he was not even nominated at all.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Cowbuhari: 11:25am On May 08, 2018
Omololu2121:
What a stupid idiot.

Majority of the artist that performed during the BBN show are Yoruba's, is BBN also a Yoruba program?

Tell me an Igbo female musician that is as good as Simisola or tiwa savage.

Olamide is presently better than phyno,tekno has nothing on davido
see anuofia saying olamide is better than phyno guy wake up from ur codeine induced highness....Runtowns mad over you beats evryoda nigerian song back to back last year....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Cowbuhari: 11:28am On May 08, 2018
Clinton9000:
They know no Igbo will even come to the show let alone accept touch their ewedu stained award; so they had no option but to award everything to their mediocre actors. That's the sorry state of afonja...MEDIOCRITY!That's why they like Nigeria as it is.

Look at the hungry afonja man picture? He should feed himself with the award money!
nwanne ikwuro eziokwu,see as dem nominate tekno for nxt rated last year?? How!!!
then dix year mayorkun even won nxt rated,how can artist wey don blow already win nxt rated ehhhh

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Postanalyser: 11:29am On May 08, 2018
who cares?
while the afonjas may dominate the hip hop industry with their useless lyrics,igbos dominate sports,particularly football (both super eagles and falcons are 99% igbos).Which one pay pass?

2 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Cowbuhari: 11:30am On May 08, 2018
CSTR1003:

More people and relevant stakeholders are beginning to see the bigotry in that awards programme, and its relevance will keep dropping.

I give 5 years at most. It would become an egbe omo oduduwa show ignored by sensible people.

it already is...juju award ceremony

2 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by engrpheleeks(m): 11:30am On May 08, 2018
Omololu2121:
What a stupid idiot.

Majority of the artist that performed during the BBN show are Yoruba's, is BBN also a Yoruba program?

Olamide is presently better than phyno,tekno has nothing on davido
But na Igbo win the bbnaija shey
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by CSTR1003: 11:31am On May 08, 2018
SirBunky85:
dey lost respect cuz no igbo won an award abi?u guys keep making noise abt davido winning song of d year instead of runtown but una forget say mad over u was there when davidos IF won a mobo award and some other internartionl awards.mtv music africa award would soon come up and davido would still win an award with IF.lets see wat award runtown would win.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/runtown-wins-artiste-year-award-second-time-one-month/

Runtown won African best artist awards for his mad over you in some African countries including recently in Ghana.

In an international award like The mobo or even the BET, runtown would shine.

Though losing to davido is not bad. Davido is not the reason for the complain.

There are worst Artists than davido and runtown that shouldn't be picking up awards.

2 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by SilverSpoonEnt: 11:31am On May 08, 2018
I'm not understanding again o... MI won an award, 2baba won one with his holy holy song, omawumi megbele won one with her butterflies song, Bovi co-anchored the event, ebuka presented an award... wait o, all these people I've mentioned here, are they Yorubas? why are you people talking nonsense now that no ibo won an award? is 2baba no more ibo?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Sanchez01: 11:32am On May 08, 2018
Afam4eva:
I really don't understand why people complain about things like this. It's just common sense. The Headies is a Yoruba owned award and they will definitely be bias in giving awards even if they don't intend to. It's just like the grammies. It's an American awardbut from time to time, musicians outside the US get to win it but t's still largely an American award won mostly by Americans.
Afam, wisdom left you a long time ago. You and those who play the tribal card when things don't go your way are the major problems of this country. You were lost sometimes ago when Lil Kesh cum Olamide had issues with Headies just because Reekado Banks won the next rated. Of course, your rebuttal would be that they are both Yorubas.

Even in your Enugu here, Olamide's, Davido's Mayorkun's, Tiwa Savage, Korede Bello, Reekado Banks' songs are in play non-stop. With all due respect to the hardworking Igbo artistes who try so hard to put up their, I don't see any of them in the ranks of Davido and Wizkid (NOT EVEN THE UPCOMING SOLO TWIN), just like Tiwa is reigning as the queen in the industry. Where is Stormrex?

As difficult as 'Science student' is for non Yoruba speakers, you need to see your kinsmen trying very hard to master the lyrics night and day.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Cowbuhari: 11:34am On May 08, 2018
CSTR1003:
Come closer is more superior. ?
The same shitty come closer that we all know or another one?
Have you checked the difference in YouTube views even with Drake to market it?
Bomb dey your head
haha na green ewedu soup dey d afonja head

2 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Afam4eva(m): 11:34am On May 08, 2018
Sanchez01:

Afam, wisdom left you a long time ago. You and those who play the tribal card when things don't go your way are the major problems of this country. You were lost sometimes ago when Lil Kesh cum Olamide had issues with Headies just because Reekado Banks won the next rated. Of course, your rebuttal would be that they are both Yorubas.

Even in your Enugu here, Olamide's, Davido's Mayorkun's, Tiwa Savage, Korede Bello, Reekado Banks' songs are in play non-stop. With all due respect to the hardworking Igbo artistes who try so hard to put up their, I don't see any of them in the ranks of Davido and Wizkid, just like Tiwa is reigning as the queen in the industry. Where is Stormrex?

As difficult as 'Science student' is for non Yoruba speakers, you need to see your kinsmen trying very hard to master the lyrics night and day.
Have you ever been to Enugu in your life? No artiste is more popular thn the likes of Phyno, Flavour and Zoro in Enugu. So, i don't know where you got your information from.

Secondly, instead of caling the Headies a Yoruba award, i will call it a Lagos award because some of these songs that you think are popular while sitting in your parlor in Lagos are not popular in some other parts of Nigeria. The only artistes in Nigeria that command a national popularity are Davido, Wizkid, Tekno, Runtown and a few others. All these street lagos musician cannot pull crowds in places in the east and far north.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by kenex4ever(m): 11:34am On May 08, 2018
sod09:
pls read this

https://www.360nobs.com/2016/11/headies-organizers-hip-tv-explain-next-rated-category-following-backlash-fans/
ok seen.

They should have nominated him early enough like those two.

Immediately he rejected it he got signed in a deal worth millions to show dat d award came too late.
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by sod09(m): 11:35am On May 08, 2018
kenex4ever:
ok seen.

They should have nominated him early enough like those two.

Immediately he rejected it he got signed in a deal worth millions to show dat d award came too late.

well they disrespected him IMO
but he should have humble himself cos he will surely have won
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by KevinDein: 11:35am On May 08, 2018
LMAO

Igbos can't fail to disappoint. Maybe the war took a great toll on their psychic. Some kind of genetic mutation occurred and the resultant gene passed down to the offsprings. Just trying to come up with some kind of explanation as to how a group of people can be so full of bigotry, hate, anger and.....oh wait, they've been like that even before the war.

I urge everyone to stop taking them serious, really.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by wasiudvd(m): 11:36am On May 08, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:
I said it
Below is what I said on Sunday I guess so

am seriously not happy because

I spend 4hrs of my time watching this useless, nonsense award last night and There's no award that goes to Igbo musician and am not please with it, tribalism even in our Music industry then Nigeria is finish already.

Fuc:ckoff headies 2018

I am saying this and repeating it twice so everybody will know the kind of tribalism going on in our Music industry

that's why am try to warn you guys to stop this TRIBALISM, because when it will lead to war I doubt if you guys yoruba hausa will survive what will befall on your tribes.

But your own tribe will survive shey?
Tribalism if it doesn't favour you. If super eagles squad is named now, you will change tune.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by shiffynaani(m): 11:37am On May 08, 2018
Clinton9000:
They know no Igbo will even come to the show let alone accept touch their ewedu stained award; so they had no option but to award everything to their mediocre actors. That's the sorry state of afonja...MEDIOCRITY!That's why they like Nigeria as it is.

Look at the hungry afonja man picture? He should feed himself with the award money!
and If You Go Out Now, You Would Mix And Laugh With People Of Whom So Many Of Them Will Be Yoruba. Then Come Back Here Again And Belittle Them. How Miserable You Are!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Abagworo(m): 11:38am On May 08, 2018
Omololu2121:
What a stupid idiot.

Olamide is presently better than phyno, tekno has nothing on davido

I disagree with the bolded. Davido's biggest hit in his entire career was not only written but produced by Tekno. Tekno is good and makes classic songs while Davido is also good but more of momentary Pop songs.

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by DefSimple: 11:38am On May 08, 2018
SirBunky85:
dey lost respect cuz no igbo won an award abi?u guys keep making noise abt davido winning song of d year instead of runtown but una forget say mad over u was there when davidos IF won a mobo award and some other internartionl awards.mtv music africa award would soon come up and davido would still win an award with IF.lets see wat award runtown would win.since its a yoruba award,i expected the mumu oap to advise our igbo brothers never to submit dia songs to the headies mgt for nomination.
I never said anything about tribe so don't go tribal on my comment,.. I'm only stating that the Headies Award has lost it's credibility... the award show used to be prestigious but not that much anymore.

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by BabaRamota1980: 11:38am On May 08, 2018
OP,
You win awards. Awards are not given out on national representation.

To win, you have to earn it. Is there any tribe in Nigeria that can match Yoruba in music?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by JONITEZ(m): 11:38am On May 08, 2018
shamss:
No sense in what he has said.. so FIRS government revenue agency is also yoruba.. too much sentiment, it's ple like this Dat divide the nation.
Are you sure you rad the details of the article or you just read the headline?

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by kenex4ever(m): 11:39am On May 08, 2018
sod09:
well they disrespected him IMO
but he should have humble himself cos he will surely have won
you have a point but he probably felt winning d award at dat stage could b a step backward.

I may b wrong though
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Sanchez01: 11:39am On May 08, 2018
Afam4eva:

Have you ever been to Enugu in your life? No artiste is more popular thn the likes of Phyno, Flavour and Zoro in Enugu.
'In my life'? Why are you generously stupid today Do I need to tell you that I have been living in Enugu for almost four years now??

Popularity, yes. But then, Flavour and Phyno are only popular when they come to the stadium to do their shows? And do you know why the turnout is always massive? These guys don't live in the state. It is not everyday one gets to see celebrities here like they do in Lagos. Now close your eyes and imagine how the stadium would look like if Wizkid or Davido decide's to come around.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Biodun1929(m): 11:39am On May 08, 2018
kenex4ever:
when did dbanj have his first album? Some artists don't do album early in their career.

Dbanj was among d top 3 artists in Nigeria without an album.

If na so them for give all these upcoming artist in Nigeria with 10 albums and no hit.

False. D Banj released his first album (No Long Thing) the same year he blew up, 2005. Please do your research.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by SilverSpoonEnt: 11:39am On May 08, 2018
and also if you wanna complain about why Yorubas dominated the award... be truthful to yourself about this, three best artists in Nigeria right now in male category are Wizkid, Davido and Olamide, while in female category, Tiwa, Yemi Alade and Simi...other artists must come and go... to be truthful, others can't really rival these fellows... the ibo should up their games... there was a time 2face is the best in Nigeria too, but right now the Yorubas are performing...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by sod09(m): 11:41am On May 08, 2018
kenex4ever:
you have a point but he probably felt winning d award at dat stage could b a step backward.

I may b wrong though
no one is bigger than award bros
we hear scholar receiving handshake or petty money while beauty pageant receive millions
humble is the key bro

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Biodun1929(m): 11:41am On May 08, 2018
SilverSpoonEnt:
and also if you wanna complain about why Yorubas dominated the award... be truthful to yourself about this, three best artists in Nigeria right now in male category are Wizkid, Davido and Olamide, while in female category, Tiwa, Yemi Alade and Simi...other artists must come and go... to be truthful, others can't really rival these fellows... the ibo should up their games... there was a time 2face is the best in Nigeria too, but right now the Yorubas are performing...

One of the best comments on this thread. Fact is fact, not personal opinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by professorPABX: 11:42am On May 08, 2018
ZeroLatest:
A Nigerian man naed mc_akonuche Just took to his instagram account to say this, what are your Thoughts??

For d past 6 years iv been on radio iv come to realise DAT there is particularly a special type of segregation bw d Eastern Nigerian musicians n d westerners.. But with critical analysis, I noticed DAT d Easterners contributed so much to dia own problem.. Its very hard for Igbo artistes who has made it to support rising fellow artist .maybe bc d rising artists however don’t also support them.. Look at d sponsor’s of @the_headies ,not even one big man or company from d east,all sponsors r from Yoruba..why won’t d Igbo’s nt be segregated n nt given awards?? We make so much money n all in our mind is only business n nobody is thinking about improving entertainment in east just very few like SIR EMEKA OFFOR had in d past contributed to entertainment.

Look at d #12thheadies last nit..from d red carpet, no Igbo anchor, no Igbo presented an award, except Ebuka who of course is a Yoruba personality, no Igbo artist performed n no Igbo artist won an award in all categories. Even SONG OF D YEAR DAT was supposed to go to MAD OVER U BY @runtown was given to a Yoruba Artist.. I work on d radio n I call tell u DAT MAD OVER U received high air play from December 2016 wen it dropped till mid 2017 wen IF by DAVIDO came out..
But wot do I know? I’m just an ordinary OAP

With dis analysis, I’m finding it difficult to accept DAT #Headies is a Nigerian award..I feel its more of a YORUBA AWARD even though d Igbo’s contributed as d architect of their own problem n therefore I’m calling out d whole Igbo Artist to come out n support their up rising artists just like @davidoofficial is doing n let our rich Igbo men try n support entertainment… If u attack me on MY wall,be rest assured DAT u will be BLOCKED.. I JUST SAID MY MIND.. HAPPY SUNDAY!!!

Source: https://forum.zerolatest.com/threads/the-headies-is-a-yoruba-award-they-didnt-give-award-to-one-single-igbo-person-nigerian-man-akonuche.24/

The moderator should not have pushed this thread to front page in this era when people are complaining about the contents of postings on nairaland.

While I did not bother to even read the content, I was attracted by the topic while searching for useful news on nairaland.

You complained of Buhari business meeting in US without Innoson & Ibeto, because of Dangote & Wale Tinubu, you cried IBOs have been omitted. In entertainment awards again, you brought a similar dimension. This has been your normal cry in every undertaking in Nigeria.

In developed environment, awards are given based on criteria & reasoning of the judges . Bringing IBO marginalization to awards is an extreme dimension. In South Africa & other environments, there are different awards, there is nowhere award is done on tribal quota system.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by CSTR1003: 11:43am On May 08, 2018
Thankfully, the headies is not an indication of the biggest artiste or the most successful.

Phyno will pull far more crowd than reminisce.

Runtown ,tekno, patoranking, flavour nabania will pull far more crowd anywhere in Africa than any pretender that is not named davido and wizkid .

That is the most important.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Sanchez01: 11:45am On May 08, 2018
Afam4eva:

Have you ever been to Enugu in your life? No artiste is more popular thn the likes of Phyno, Flavour and Zoro in Enugu. So, i don't know where you got your information from.

Secondly, instead of caling the Headies a Yoruba award, i will call it a Lagos award because some of these songs that you think are popular while sitting in your parlor in Lagos are not popular in some other parts of Nigeria. The only artistes in Nigeria that command a national popularity are Davido, Wizkid, Tekno, Runtown and a few others. All these street lagos musician cannot pull crowds in places in the east and far north.
Do you even know music at all By music, I am not referring to the ogene you guys set up with four or five local instrumentalists and you're good to go. Call your kinsmen to know if they know 'Science student' or any of Davido's songs or recent songs and you would be amazed.

If you call Headies a Lagos award, how come the likes of Tecno, Flavour, Phyno (who else?), who though migrated to Lagos, and have been living in Lagos a while now didn't win it? I hate to say this as I am indifferent towards secular songs, this is the year of the likes of Davido and others. This cheap blackmail won't work.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by kernel507: 11:45am On May 08, 2018
carpmam:
U asked and answered ur own question, Igbo's are full of greed,is it runtown that is fighting his record label that u will give an award,or p square brothers that have turned themselves to upcoming artist, or maybe d'prince and slowdogg

I quite agree with you that Yoruba artists are contempted like these ones.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Sanchez01: 11:47am On May 08, 2018
CSTR1003:
Thankfully, the headies is not an indication of the biggest artiste or the most successful.

Runtown ,tekno, patoranking, flavour nabania will pull far more crowd anywhere in Africa than any pretender that is not named davido and wizkid .

The best humour by far! grin
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Sanchez01: 11:47am On May 08, 2018
CSTR1003:

The best humour so far! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding / Download Olamide - Motigbana (instrumental) By Sylaz / "Made For You": Banky W Features Adesua Etomi In New Music Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.