Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,352 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? (41659 Views)

Is It Proper To Ask Her Out Via Phone Call? / Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? / I Want To Get Married To My Fiance But Her Medical Condition Is Making Me Having (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 10:40am On May 10, 2018
emmyid:

Sorry to say, but you are the Mumu hear. All this frustrated guys online sef... Mtcheeeeew
ur fada is mumu.
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by Swashbuckle: 10:48am On May 10, 2018
There's no harm in doing so but again,do you suspect anything?
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by OvaSabi1(f): 10:49am On May 10, 2018
Please ask her.
I am a female and take my word for it. Some mental illnesses like schizophrenia can be passed from parent to child. Also, some fertility anomalies have genetic markers that a female can inherit from her mother. If a your mother inlaw had plenty miscarriages, your wife and even daughter could carry the marker for miscarriages.
Please broach the topic to her like a mature human being. You can start by saying something simple like "the women in my family usually have body pains when it is cold. Is there any illness peculiar to the men/women in your family?". Like that. Just to start the conversation. And please be ready to also be open about any illnesses in your own family. Don't ask her and You will now be secretive about your own.
Don't center your question on just one disease type. Some mumu nairalanders just want to know if she has had an abortion or not. How about hypertension and diabetes? How about dementia and cancer? Do her parents suffer from any of these? Those illnesses will suck your money and disrupt your retirement plans. You will turn to a burden to your children very quickly.
Not everything is by prayers against enemies and by God's grace. You have to use your head sometimes.

3 Likes

Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by alklas(m): 10:57am On May 10, 2018
If u can't ask her questions now ,it might b 2 late after marriage
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by Radiants: 11:33am On May 10, 2018
OvaSabi1:
Please ask her.
I am a female and take my word for it. Some mental illnesses like schizophrenia can be passed from parent to child. Also, some fertility anomalies have genetic markers that a female can inherit from her mother. If a your mother inlaw had plenty miscarriages, your wife and even daughter could carry the marker for miscarriages.
Please broach the topic to her like a mature human being. You can start by saying something simple like "the women in my family usually have body pains when it is cold. Is there any illness peculiar to the men/women in your family?". Like that. Just to start the conversation. And please be ready to also be open about any illnesses in your own family. Don't ask her and You will now be secretive about your own.
Don't center your question on just one disease type. Some mumu nairalanders just want to know if she has had an abortion or not. How about hypertension and diabetes? How about dementia and cancer? Do her parents suffer from any of these? Those illnesses will suck your money and disrupt your retirement plans. You will turn to a burden to your children very quickly.
Not everything is by prayers against enemies and by God's grace. You have to use your head sometimes.

Sister, Oversabi really dey worry you... OP should use your response as a guide.
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by Ay04z(m): 11:48am On May 10, 2018
If na As and u also as nkor....?
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by selab: 12:36pm On May 10, 2018
Asking her is not bad, it help u both...
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 1:13pm On May 10, 2018
selab:
Asking her is not bad, it help u both...
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by eric111111(m): 1:22pm On May 10, 2018
Jogunomi1:
We are planning to get married. I'm thinking of asking her if there is any medical problem we should disclose to each other.

While we were discussing marriage, she opted for registry despite that she is a staunch church girl. What do you think?

Fear of the unknown
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 10, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
see how selfish u are in dis age.... Couples who really love themselves court marriage is d best..... It's only a foolish woman that will not opt for marriage at registry besides church marriage is mere ceremony

If she insists on registry marriage.. then it's very simple..

She marries herself because I'm gonna call it a quit.. nonsense
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 10, 2018
Printerscanner:

Court marriage favours women in Nigeria or Europe? Have you heard of any man whose property was shared into two and one part given to a gold digging ex-wife in Nigeria? Ask Stella Damascus-Aboderin-Nzeribe-Aderinokun if she got a single kobo from the Aboderins after the death of Mr Aboderin before she switched to husband snatching.

Young man.... Divorce laws is favourable to women 100% more than men that's why many men are scared to initiate divorce.

1 Like

Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by fredomale(m): 4:52pm On May 10, 2018
cool cool coolBETTER ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU WANT TO ASK NOW OR YOU REGRET LATER.IS GOOD YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING .
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by OKUCHI11(m): 6:57pm On May 10, 2018
salt1:

Most licensed churches wed couples and issue them the registry certificate.
Unless your church isn't approved to offer such marriages.
So Church wedding is both a religious and legal ceremony
meaning all the rudiments or intricacies still applies
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by OKUCHI11(m): 6:57pm On May 10, 2018
salt1:

Most licensed churches wed couples and issue them the registry certificate.
Unless your church isn't approved to offer such marriages.
So Church wedding is both a religious and legal ceremony
meaning all the rudiments or intricacies still applies??
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by salt1: 6:24am On May 11, 2018
OKUCHI11:
meaning all the rudiments or intricacies still applies??

I don't understand what you mean by rudiments or intricacies.
But the banns on the marriage will be published in court and announced in the church. The marriage certificate issued will be a legally binding document in case of death or divorce
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by PierreAbutu(m): 11:36am On May 11, 2018
shilz:
so you are saying its okey to keep his secret and expect to hear all of hers. The same bible you quoted up there didnt teach you to be sincere when dealing with others? so u mean its only a woman that will use a mans secret against him in future? Weldone!

Thank you

The unfortunate lawyer who was STABBED AND HAD HIS PENIS SLICED OFF WAS DOING EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE SUPPORTING - TELLING HIS WIFE ALL HIS SECRETS......Don't quote the Bible for me, because the truth of the matter is that you wommen reason with emotions rather than common sense

A man says he won't change his will and you kill him
A moslem man says he wanna get another wife and you kill him
A man says he had a child out of wedlock and you kill him........etc.the list is endlesss

Anyway since you brought up the Bible, go and read MICAH 7:5, then come back and quote me
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by gonkin(m): 11:44am On May 11, 2018
For guys HIV TEST AND BLOOD TYPE

For girls The test many die. Cuz girls dey do $hit.
Abortion is one. Check whether her engine still works although thats why many guys get a girl pregnant before introduction. No be say u marry finish pikin matter go turn prayer point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Share Your Friend Zone Story. / Help!! My Brother Thinks I Want To Ruin His Relationship / 8 Characteristics Of Chronic Womanizers On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.