Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,584 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) - Agriculture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) (33473 Views)

Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce / Ecdysis: The Shedded Snake Skin I Found On My Farm With A Prominent Head / How To Establish Your Own Oil Palm Platation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:27am On Sep 20, 2022
Our farm estate in ijebu-igbo, ogbomoso,ilorin,apomu offers the best location to acquire your farmland for your farm business.
Accessibility,security,good fertile soil,access to market are what make it unique for successful farm business.
Just a call away
Re: How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 9:17am On Sep 21, 2022
Value addition is where the big money is in agriculture. This boil down to just simple agro processing knowledge.
We have the land to plant crops and we also have the people to eat the produce

We fabricate cashew sheller, boiler unit, dryer, cashew size grader machines in ibadan only on request and can be transported to any part of Nigeria and Africa country

Call or Whatsapp me on 08120528950 or calls only on 08136650972

Don't just sell unshelled cashew but add value to it by
1) shelling before selling
2) shelling & grinding before selling
3) Use machine to extract the oil and sell
4) Produce cashew snacks from the cake gotten after extracting the oil
5) Produce other snacks from mixture of cashew cake and beans or cassava flour or maize flour or sweet potatoes flour or yam flour etc

Call or Whatsapp me on 08120528950 or calls only on 08136650972
Re: How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:52pm On Sep 21, 2022
#cashcrop
Re: How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:18pm On Sep 28, 2022
Do you know the cashew was the highest foreign exchange earner for Nigeria last year?
#trulycashcrop
Re: How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:34am On Oct 03, 2022
You see on this journey of life we are in,there will be many setback,learn from it to move closer to your destination.
There will be many successes as well but do not over jubilate to forget or slow down on reaching your destination.

There is always light at the end of the tunnel.

You might have lost huge sum of money from your enterprise,it's not time to give up,learn from the process and improve on it

You might have a good outing,enjoy the time and process but don't over-jubilate that you forget that your destination is still far ahead.

In everything that you do,never give up or give in till you reach the finished line.

#mondaymotivation
Re: How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:14pm On Oct 06, 2022
#getinvolved
Re: How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:47pm On Oct 13, 2022
#gogreen
Re: How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2022
Right timing is everything in agriculture.

You need a right timing of cultivation that will ensure that you meet the right market; the right market to guaranteed returns on what you have cultivated.

This year weather situation was like 2016 when we had rain for just few months for the whole year.

I am predicting rise in food prices, inflation, famine in 2021 and that's why everyone must grow food in his/her houseyard to reduce the impact.

From my interactions with fellow farmers and the one I witnessed especially in the south western part of this country, many losses were recorded due to erractic nature of weather and this will have great Impact come 2021.

We were very lucky to have a good outing with our okra and soybeans we did this year in our ogbomoso and ilorin farm estate and I can link it up to cultivating at the right time better than the other farmers around.

Okra planting started about 2 weeks before other farmers around started and few weeks into when we started counting our harvesting time,the rain seized.

At the time of the rain seizure,our okra is already well established with fruits just coming out ,of which other farmers' okra that are weeks behind us was unfortunate and failed because the rain stopped at the growing stage.

The same thing for the soybeans.

Right timing for the harvest and for the planting was the factor of success.

The same scenario occur for others who had poor outing.

Rain stopped at the growing stage and it affected a lot of soybeans farmers.

Due to lack of rain,their soybeans grains were of poor, slight greenish unripe one.

On the other hand,we had good white, very ripe grains that command good price in the market.

Being one or two week late to cultivation can have a big impact on the outcome of any crop you cultivate.

In 2021,our cultivation will begin in February and we will be expanding our plantain,oilpalm, cashew etc on our various farm estates.

I wrote this last year,2022 season is a lot different.

A lot of flash rainfall like we had it in 2012.

Most crops destroyed and I guess food price is going to double up come 2023.

#waleagro

Re: How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:38pm On Nov 01, 2022
You want to create and build wealth through agriculture?
Own farmland and own enormous of it
Own a well managed cash crops like oilpalm,cashew, plantain, cocoa with livestock (goats, sheep �,cattle) and go about your daily job.
Come back 5-6 years and you have something to sustain you and your unborn generation for the rest of their lives.

Re: How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:41am On Nov 19, 2022
This normally happen to newbie coming into farm business
The thinking is like

"I will cultivate 10 acres of land with Maize"

"If I spend N100k for clearing at N10K per acre

N70k for ploughing

Buy N100k worth of seeds

Plant at N50k at N5k per acre

Do 3 weedings during the lifecycle of maize at N50k per each weeding making N150k for the 3 weedings.

After 3 months,I should have 3 tons per acre making it 30 tons in total.

If I am to sell a tonne at N150k,that's a whooping N4.5M income!!! "

In reality,

You cultivate 10 acres of maize,

Before you get it clear,you were chasing those to clear it for you up and down

And before you know it,economic situation has increase the cost of clearing to N12k per acre making you incur N120k to clear for the 10 acres

Seeing that time is against you and you wanted to plant,you quickly organize workers to plant for you manually.

The plant population that's suppose to be 10,000 was just 2000

You did 2 weedings because you were unable to manage your workers well and didnot finish their work on time

After 3 months,you got 500kg on an acre making it 5 tonnes in total

A ton was sold at N120k

And at the end of the day,the income was a meager N600k

Can you see the difference!

4.5M on paper and 600k getting to your bank account.

Do you know what went wrong?

If you are starting as a newbie in farm business,then work with agropreneur/s with practical knowledge for guidance.

Want to acquire farmland,start up,setup,need workers to manage your farm enterprise,call or send Dm.

Re: How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:09am On Nov 28, 2022
Whatever you sow,come back to you in hundred folds

Remember that adage"Whatever you sow,you reap"
Using my knowledge background in agriculture,that's partially correct.

In agriculture,that adage is not true
If you sow a grain,you will reap a whole maize cob with hundreds of grains.
If you sow a 5cm stem,you reap many cassava tubers and a 2m cassava stem/s
If you sow a cashew seed,you reap hundred of cashew seeds..
If you sow a soybeans seed,you reap hundreds of soybeans seeds
It's better to say " whatsoever you sow,you reap hundreds folds of it
As a farmer,that's how I think and that's the reality and. That's why we must watch our actions
Do not do to others what you don't want to be done to you because if you do,you will reap it back in hundred fold no matter the time it take
Like corn which takes 3months to reap after sowing
It may take a week,3 months,,a year,a decade or less
That's sounds moral?
Well,welcome to life 101 realities

As you go out today, make sure you sow the seeds of goodness, integrity,passion for your business and in your workplace because whatever you sow ,you reap hundred folds.
#waleagro

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) / Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel / Fish Farming And Pig Farming: Which Is More Profitable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.