Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,399 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida (6847 Views)

FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms / Boko Haram: Fg Considers New Law On Explosives / FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by murphy0125: 11:04pm On May 21, 2010
Guys forget it. Dogs dont eat dogs. Nothing is gonna happen to that maradona.
Correct guy, u ve said it all indirectly; it is someone like this G! dt make sense to come n clear all stains dt has been made in dis our lovely country. May God help him!
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by savito: 11:11pm On May 21, 2010
wonderful
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by rasputinn(m): 11:28pm On May 21, 2010
This is the end of IBB'S misguided 2011 presidential ambition,the moment he steps down,his troubles will dissappear
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by cabali(m): 11:31pm On May 21, 2010
I repeat, the president with the balls and moral fitness to naill IBB is not yet born in politics. You need holiness before you can nail a person like IBB. I am sure he has a file on every politician on their various skeletons.

There's no need to bug it. All we will do is rant here on how it is good news and how finally it has happened. But trust me, by this time next year, we will still be at this point of hope that it is possible.
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by olaolabiy: 11:56pm On May 21, 2010
IBB will announce that HE IS NOT RUNNING FOR THE PRESIDENCY again by 9 a.m tomorrow.

and pronto, end of the probe.
straight from OBJ's book.
no sympathy for him though. knowing him, he would have done the same thing.
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by udezue(m): 12:04am On May 22, 2010
Until I hear that he has been dragged to court and charged, is on trial then I'll believe they are serious.
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by Gayigaskia(m): 2:50am On May 22, 2010
Aradu is about to hit Jonathan grin grin grin
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by Rmc1(m): 5:04am On May 22, 2010
That will be the best thing that happened to nigeria in a long time, ibb really destroyed nigeria[b] $12billion na beans ?[/b] In any sane or advanced country ibb´s As.s should be in jail.
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by habika: 5:45am On May 22, 2010
I am very pleased with the thought and don’t feel like adding anything in it. It a perfect answer. Every dark night is followed by a bright sunny day. So, patience and attention is required and things will be fruitful in near future.
============================
[url=http://www.mastercards.info" rel="dofollow"]card master[/url]
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:58am On May 22, 2010
disappointed in the posters on this thread.

THIS IS JUST FLAT OUT WRONG!!

smells to me like advice emanating form Ota.

now u people are busy applauding an attempt to schackle a citizen in the name of a corruption drive simply because the individual has expressed a desire to contest electiion

we are agreed that the so-called corruption drive was/is simply a waste of time, but all of a sudden, the most scared president is using that excuse to hunt his competitors

unfortunate, and when the high handedness assumes a new dimension, you will argue and fret over it.

Too Bad, if u cant do whats right in the name of exposing the curse.!!!!

this is the beginnings of a dictatorship
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by nearest(m): 10:08am On May 22, 2010
If the government of GJ can allow EFCC, MOPOL, to go looking for Ibori on alleged corruption, why can't other corrupt politicians be arrested on same alleged corrupt acts, GJ made danjuma the head of PAC, a man who got oil wells illegally, obasanjo has been mentioned in the haliburton scandal as one of the beneficiary {alleged}, GJ's wife was caught with some money allegedly trying to launder it, what has been done to all these people? Nothing! The moment you indicate interest in something against their wish they start making noise about corruption charges. Some people have said here that they can start from somewhere, and i ask them, is it that nigeria don't have enough prison space for these corrupt politicians? Why can't all of them be arrested at the same time since they are allegedly corrupt? . GJ is just acting out the script of obasanjo, he's not fighting corruption, he's fighting for 2011.
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by Confusion: 10:20am On May 22, 2010
I love obj, the guy is tryn to put fire under ibb butts
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by awuf2008: 10:44am On May 22, 2010
How many past leaders has any Nigerian Government probe till date? So dont decieve us. Na lie
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by Nobody: 11:10am On May 22, 2010
[size=17pt]Nothing dey happen Oh![/size]
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by Confusion: 11:14am On May 22, 2010
the game plan here is not to catch tief but simply a distraction strategy,
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by Nobody: 11:32am On May 22, 2010
I wouldn't expect mcuh being that corruption has already been institutionalized in this country so change can't come overnight. True bringing IBB to book is going to be very difficult but it would be nice to c it being done.
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by hackney(m): 12:04pm On May 22, 2010
FG proposing legal action against IBB?.
And here i was thinking IBB was the FG.
Silly me.
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by Bongoman1: 12:39pm On May 22, 2010
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by HERO111: 12:45pm On May 22, 2010
I.B.B is 2 smart and if he has 2 go down alot of people will hav to go down with him, any way he should still be mourning his wife .
ahahahah i laf these dumb arses in Swahili. We dont care who goes down with him provided they are not clean.
What do some low brained  people think IBB  is ? a spirit? a god?.
Look on his day an expert swimmer will drown even in a small stream behind his house.
As little as you think Jonathan is , if he is willing he can bring IBB to face the law if IBB is guilty.
less intelligent peopl tend to see IBB as beyound human being.
Just like wen he came out in 2007 to context for presidency same caliber of dumb minds shouted he was automatically going to win, how did it go?.
This is IBB s' time to be rubbished be4 the whole world. Thats what greed leads a man into. if u doubt me then i rest my case while i wait to repost this post after 2011 presidential election.
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 22, 2010
Rubbish!
I have no faith in anything theNigerian government says. Is it only now that they realised the theif IBB wrecked our country?

They should HAVE HAD HIM IN JAIL YEARS AGO.

What about OBJ?
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by bisiaet: 2:17pm On May 22, 2010
It is obvious that if Jonathan has to go for 2011 Election IBB must step down and beside I dont see the reasonable senses there for some people crying for IBB return to Aso Rock what else has he to offer. A man in uniform who failed and became a master dribbler what can he do now in democracy I really dont know.

And beside why cant this man IBB just sit quietly and enjoy his stolen money peacefully? I think if this allegation is to go on to charge him IBB will be in hot soup because many more unknown serious issues will show up and this is going to grow into full wings of trouble for him and his so called ill advice moneycracy and powercracy supporters.

I still beleif IBB should think twice because the politics in Nigeria is more than what he is thinking and beside Nigerians are wiser now all those maradonic cookup old tactics does not hold ground anylonger in Nigeria so if he(IBB) is STILL thinking in that level then he miss it a lot.
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by nikky5(m): 2:30pm On May 22, 2010
What a smart decision.But why now?I can smell a rat and this has to do with IBB's presidential ambition.But I believe that at the end of the day the truth of IBB's secrets will be revealed.
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by yeswecan(m): 2:50pm On May 22, 2010
No one in untouchable . . .
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by mikelangs(m): 3:23pm On May 22, 2010
Haba Nlanders, una dey post tins as if dem just depot una back to naija after many years.everyting dat goes on is just a stage play.e.g Atiku and Obj. yet they are still very great pallies. See the only tin that will be bring IBB down is God almighty. ut lets also tink for a second, d way God does His tins is always different from we humans. Everybody is against IBB wat if he is still the Person God wants to use by bringing him back and puting the country back to it's shape? am not saying I suppose IBB but we know dat after IBB there are alot and thousand of looting that has taken place durng the our lates president's sick leave. So guys wat are we talking about Wake up guys and find solution to making money and becoming something in Naija. We leave God Almighty to decide wat HE wants to do wit IBB. Full stop
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by yeswecan(m): 4:49pm On May 22, 2010
mikelangs:

Haba Nlanders, una dey post tins as if dem just depot una back to naija after many years.everyting dat goes on is just a stage play.e.g Atiku and Obj. yet they are still very great pallies. See the only tin that will be bring IBB down is God almighty. ut lets also tink for a second, d way God does His tins is always different from we humans. Everybody is against IBB wat if he is still the Person God wants to use by bringing him back and puting the country back to it's shape? am not saying I suppose IBB but we know dat after IBB there are alot and thousand of looting that has taken place durng the our lates president's sick leave. So guys wat are we talking about Wake up guys and find solution to making money and becoming something in Naija. We leave God Almighty to decide wat HE wants to do wit IBB. Full stop

Are you for real?? No disrespect but this is why i do not like churchy people they misinterpret everything and bring God into what HE already gives you control over . . Seat in your home God will prepare your daily meal.
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by Mamajama(m): 6:14pm On May 22, 2010
Interesting

FORMER military President, Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida has declined comments on the Federal Government’s fresh plans to probe his alleged role in the Pius Okigbo’s report on the $12.2b Gulf War windfall during his administration.
At the public presentation and the launch of a book, titled: “Impressions and Facts of Nigeria under General Ibrahim Babangida, 1985 to 1993” by the Zaria-based Centre for Democratic Development Research and Training (CDDERT

http://ww2.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11054:-ibb-declines-comments-over-122b&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:32pm On May 22, 2010
If IBB can be put on trial and charges proved and he is actually locked upin jail. even if it is for 2 minutes, I will start believing in the Nigerian Justice System
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by mecylee(f): 8:31pm On May 22, 2010
if i may ask what exatly did we do with recovery loot from Abacha and his family
anyway this is another interesting story let see as it goes God dey
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by boomii(f): 8:48pm On May 22, 2010
I wish,

I wish,

I wish Nigeria isn't that corrupt cos I believe nothing will happen to IBB,the guy is just too smooth.

And even if the money is recovered,it will just be re- looted,there is no end to it.
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by jacoby70ng: 9:53pm On May 22, 2010
The Govt. should not divert our attention form the real situation of our country. Do something for the poor masses.
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by topkin(m): 10:54pm On May 22, 2010
@ Poster
I just hope they make good their threat! angry
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by barman2: 11:03pm On May 22, 2010
OBJ wanted to probe IBB, ! the end of the story/gist didn't get to me(died natural death).
Now Gd Luck started again,bet me,its going to be silenced, 9ja politicians are terrible.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video Evidence: When Buhari Promised To Make $1 Equal N1 In 2015. / Exposed! Unbelievable Photos Of Bukola Saraki Chillin With Offa Robbery Suspect / Nigeria State Security Service Recruitment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.