Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,929 members, 7,810,583 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? - Health (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? (52440 Views)

Abia Government Uncovers ‘japa’ Doctors Still Collecting Salaries / Governor Otti: Japa Doctors Still Recieving Salaries In Abia State / Doctors STILL Can’t Treat 2-week-old Baby With A Never-before-seen Brain Tumor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 14, 2018
[quote author=mediclife1987 post=67554192]

Do you know doctors who graduated 5years ago are now collecting 80k/month? Do you know some doctors are collecting just 45k/month? Infact i cant coint the no of times I've begged my secondary school mates for money to raise me. I'm even tired of asking anymore sef. Right now I've left my secondary school forum cos I've been disgraced out of the group for always asking for help recurrently. Nigerians will not pay a doctor, they'll cheat a doctor, owe him, steal from him, despise him, curse him, even beat him & kidnap him. But they'll still want us to suffer well first like the others.

No way! Enough is enough!!!

Our mumu don do!!!

A country where docs are owed, underpaid, and even cheated join untop. A doctor died of Lymphoma cos he didn't have enough money for surgery, imagine, he couldn't even save his OWN life!!!! Cos no money to help himself in HIS OWN profession!!! doctors have died in the hospital trting to save patients lives. Right now I'm gently nursing hypertension on a daily basis and can't even remember when last I went for a checkup cos no money and no time.

Yet you continue to compare us with other professionals, doing thay alone simply shows you have no value for us, even Somalia don't play with their doctors, they don't care if they don't have anything else bit "food, Shelter & health" is a must!!! But in Nigeria, we prefer to pull our doctor down, so that we'll all suffer 2geda, at least that way everybody go happy ba

You're talking about paying cheap school fees, are you telling me your school fees was not subsidised as well? Or you think you don't owe Nigeria too? Do you want to tell me you'll stay back if Yankee opportunity presents itself?

See brother, there's no need for too much story, let everyone do as they understand, at the end water go find hin level lastlast...no need for too much talk.

2020 is the year I leave, all mam for himself, if you have an opportunity to run, abeg run. If you no get, abeg no block road for those wey wan comot.

Live & let live. [/quote)
obviously you haven't graduated from medical school and should you continue like this depression will have the most of you after school...you better start asking your dr mentors now...it's a friendly advice.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by ahiboilandgas: 3:52pm On May 14, 2018
mediclife1987:

Brother better goan rewrite your JAMB yourself if you have any shred of dignity in you.

Shameless pi.g
come join us for Dublin if u can work ur ass off...fustrated doctor or dog ...

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by ahiboilandgas: 3:55pm On May 14, 2018
Or I might build a hospital with some investment from my Msc class friends in Dublin and employ u as a doctor will pay u 200 k to stop ur frustration with 45 k job broke mbbs holder
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Partnerbiz(f): 4:42pm On May 14, 2018
salford1:

But almost all professionals are underpaid in Nigeria bruv. Lol

Do you know the starting wage (i.e recruit) for alot of policemen in developed countries is around 1.5million a month? Compare that to the starting wage of N10,000 per month that a recruit earns in naija, despite facing bullets from daredevil robbers.

My point is that let JOHESU demand for whatever they want, doctors should demand theirs too. At the end of the day, their salary would never be as high as that of a doc.

So you just converted to naira?

smh
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by nelszx: 5:53pm On May 14, 2018
I read this post and it has spoilt my day. In as much as we have our differences/opinions I can't wish this for anybody let alone a brother.

But on a serious note the 80 or 45k/month is depressing
No doctor deserves such cruelty, except you practice in the east (those guys will pay you peanut and still brag about it) .That is more like advanced form of witchcraft any hospital that pays her doctors that. My brother please come to Lagos and make money oo even private hospitals will pay you almost what you earned as an intern. Health professionals deserves better than that. To work no be by force na.

Even me that is a medical laboratory scientist, I can't work for any private hospital that can't pay above 100k (I have suffered enough to be ridiculed).

mediclife1987:

Do you know doctors who graduated 5years ago are now collecting 80k/month? Do you know some doctors are collecting just 45k/month? Infact i cant coint the no of times I've begged my secondary school mates for money to raise me. I'm even tired of asking anymore sef. Right now I've left my secondary school forum cos I've been disgraced out of the group for always asking for help recurrently. Nigerians will not pay a doctor, they'll cheat a doctor, owe him, steal from him, despise him, curse him, even beat him & kidnap him. But they'll still want us to suffer well first like the others.

Our mumu don do!!!

A country where docs are owed, underpaid, and even cheated join untop. A doctor died of Lymphoma cos he didn't have enough money for surgery, imagine, he couldn't even save his OWN life!!!! Cos no money to help himself in HIS OWN profession!!! doctors have died in the hospital trting to save patients lives. Right now I'm gently nursing hypertension on a daily basis and can't even remember when last I went for a checkup cos no money and no time.

Yet you continue to compare us with other professionals, doing thay alone simply shows you have no value for us, even Somalia don't play with their doctors, they don't care if they don't have anything else bit "food, Shelter & health" is a must!!! But in Nigeria, we prefer to pull our doctor down, so that we'll all suffer 2geda, at least that way everybody go happy ba

You're talking about paying cheap school fees, are you telling me your school fees was not subsidised as well? Or you think you don't owe Nigeria too? Do you want to tell me you'll stay back if Yankee opportunity presents itself?

See brother, there's no need for too much story, let everyone do as they understand, at the end water go find hin level lastlast...no need for too much talk.

2020 is the year I leave, all mam for himself, if you have an opportunity to run, abeg run. If you no get, abeg no block road for those wey wan comot.

Live & let live.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 14, 2018
mediclife1987:

With this terrible English of yours and you scored 294?

It's either you used JAMBO-QUINE or the devil is a liar.

See hin mouth like 294 kiss
Are u the inventor of English?... U are just bitter unnecessarily... The fact still remains day u can't take away my jamb score... slowpoke.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by authority2006(m): 10:29pm On May 14, 2018
mediclife1987:

Our mumu don do!!!

Live & let live.

I feel you but you didn't get my point. Health workers deserve commensurate pay with their jobs but this low wages and salaries issue cut across all fields. As worse as it is in Nigeria today, majority of the workers are still envying health workers' pay.

No one is comparing you with other workers as many workers are still not within your salary scales. But should it be about health workers alone? No. Other workers also deserve living wages.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by JhyMedex: 12:01am On May 15, 2018
SmallmebigGod:
I remember someone on Nairaland that time sent a documents to us on how to qualify for practice in about 48countries, UK,us,Canada and Australia inclusive.
Sir do you by any chance still have that document?
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by SmallmebigGod: 6:19am On May 15, 2018
JhyMedex:
Sir do you by any chance still have that document?
I do
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by mediclife1987(m): 7:27am On May 15, 2018
nelszx:
I read this post and it has spoilt my day. In as much as we have our differences/opinions I can't wish this for anybody let alone a brother.

No doctor deserves such cruelty, except you practice in the east (those guys will pay you peanut and still brag about it) .That is more like advanced form of witchcraft any hospital that pays her doctors that. My brother please come to Lagos and make money oo even private hospitals will pay you almost what you earned as an intern. Health professionals deserves better than that. To work no be by force na.

Even me that is a medical laboratory scientist, I can't work for any private hospital that can't pay above 100k (I have suffered enough to be ridiculed).

Lagos state PP pays 100-140k for MO with like 5years experience, and na work dem go use kill you, yet authority2006 insists most ppl aren't collecting within our payrange.

Go Edo state, only a single doctor in a hospital working 24/7 collecting 120k, if you say na only morning you wan work na 60k dem go pay you, for a doctor.

Yet authority2006 still says we're still earning more...Let's continue to make a fool of ourselves abeg...

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by nelszx: 8:19am On May 15, 2018
mediclife1987:

Lagos state PP pays 100-140k for MO with like 5years experience, and na work dem go use kill you, yet authority2006 insists most ppl aren't collecting within our payrange.

Go Edo state, only a single doctor in a hospital working 24/7 collecting 120k, if you say na only morning you wan work na 60k dem go pay you, for a doctor.

Yet authority2006 still says we're still earning more...Let's continue to make a fool of ourselves abeg...
5 years experience is not true bruh
Most doctors I know are fresh outta service and they collect 120-150k/month. They don't always follow years of experience cos of competition for space is limited.
And you don't work everyday(3 or 4 days per week); my guys are juggling 2/3 jobs as doctors. What a doctor collects in Edo state is what a medical laboratory scientist collects in Lagos (Lagos has prioritised health so health professionals can't be priced)

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by authority2006(m): 8:29am On May 15, 2018
mediclife1987:

I was talking about doctors, health workers and other professionals and workers who are on government's payroll, the person you quoted was referring to someone working in the private hospital. Do you know how much some graduates working in some private schools earn? As low as 10k a month! That's how worst it is for everyone. I'm not against your interest.

Would you be happy receiving 800k a month and see a School teacher receiving 50k a month? You shouldn't. That's why I said it is a general issue that needs to be addressed across all fields. Though the salary scale can't be the same, but must be reviewed together.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by mediclife1987(m): 9:57am On May 15, 2018
authority2006:

I was talking about doctors, health workers and other professionals and workers who are on government's payroll, the person you quoted was referring to someone working in the private hospital. Do you know how much some graduates working in some private schools earn? As low as 10k a month! That's how worst it is for everyone. I'm not against your interest.

Would you be happy receiving 800k a month and see a School teacher receiving 50k a month? You shouldn't. That's why I said it is a general issue that needs to be addressed across all fields. Though the salary scale can't be the same, but must be reviewed together.

Brother what are you talking about? Lagis state govt pays 170k for Medical Officers, b4 you reach 10years na hin you go reach 200k.

And for God's sake stop comparing people's profession, that's what's causing the hullabaloo we're facing now.

You want to compare a classroom teacher with a doctor who works his ass off does calls, exposes himself to blood, irradiations etc, yet still gets insulted, intimidated and spat on by px.

Try making wise comparisons bro, otherwise you'll soon start comparing ppl with bricklayer that collects #200/day.

A doctor collecting 45k is already worse than a teacher earning 10k if you compare it critically, stop looking at the money alone, look alone eat they have to go through to make that money, that's how to make intelligent conclusions

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by JhyMedex: 10:05am On May 15, 2018
SmallmebigGod:
I do
Sir , Cld you be kind enough to send it to me via email?..
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by mediclife1987(m): 10:06am On May 15, 2018
nelszx:

5 years experience is not true bruh
Most doctors I know are fresh outta service and they collect 120-150k/month. They don't always follow years of experience cos of competition for space is limited.
[b]And you don't work everyday[b](3 or 4 days per week); [/b]my guys are juggling 2/3 jobs as doctors. [/b]What a doctor collects in Edo state is what a medical laboratory scientist collects in Lagos (Lagos has prioritised health so health professionals can't be priced)

Lols...this is where the problem in our health sector lies, where a doctor in the profession will say something and one that's not a doctor but also in the field will say he's saying nonsense.

Nigerians will argue with a doctor on his salary as if they're the accountant in the dept preparing their salary.

The days of fresh doctors colecting 150k don go.

Now MDs capitalize on desperate doctors now, they can see desperation in your eyes and will capitalize on it...MDs in Lagos offer 100k for 8am-5pm job and alternate 48hrs call. Some offer 150k for 24hrs as an in-house doctor, heck some even offer 120ksef!!!

For you to say they don't follow years of experience is just laughable cos everyone knows years of experience always determine one's salary anywhere in any someefayector.

But this is Nigeria, you'll believe what you want to believe. Peace.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by mediclife1987(m): 10:12am On May 15, 2018
For those who may wish to know.A Medical doctor is someone who has spent ,in the case of nigeria,six Non-semester structured years which is equivalent to 292 week's cummulatively.
He/she did indepth basic medical course vis-a-vis Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry) just like other paramedicals.Within this period of 292 weeks ,He/she also underwent comprehensive training in Laboratory medicine(Chemical pathology,haematology, medical microbiology and histopathology),the medical lab technology/science is mainly the TECHNICAL part of Lab medicine.The doctor went further to do Pharmacology,which is a part of pharmacy.Pharmacists does this too plus other aspect of Pharmacy.
The doctor also did Ophthalmology, optometry is mainly the TECHNICAL part of ophthalmology.He/she did Radiology, Radiography is the TECHNICAL part of Radiology,the doctor did Orthopedics, Physiotherapy is the TECHNICAL part of Orthopedics.In addition to doing what paramedics do,the doctor did paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology,surgery and medicine(in their totality,not just knowing definition of topics in these courses).Via practical knowledge,the doctor has indepth knowledge of wound dressing, giving injections (in tertiary institutions, doctors are the only ones allowed to give Intravenous injections), he/she conduct deliveries especially when it is out of the competency of nurses(midwives).
While in Medical school, correction factor is used for scoring doctors,what that means is that if a medic (a doctor-to-be) scores 65 % in exam, applying correction factor will bring the score down to 50%(this is the standard,so as to help prune down the number of those that passed).A pass mark for a medical student in the university is 50%(others is 40%). Medicine is not rated like others where they have first class, second class or third class,it is either pass or fail and withdraw for Medicine (Remember 50% using correction factor which is equivalent to 60% and above in the real sense is the pass mark for Medicine).
It should be noted that it takes a 5-semester structured years which is about 165weeks to do either Med lab science,Bsc nursing, Pharmacy etc but 6-NON semester structured years for medicine which is equivalent to 292 weeks.The above shows that the 3-4months break period in a year in the university is not applicable in medicine,any body who went through medical school and still has his/her conscience knows this simple truth. To obtain a PhD,it takes 272weeks from the first day into the university..
Medicine is the only course in the university that paramedicals degrees e.g B.med lab,Bsc nursing,Bsc Physiotherapy, degree in optometry etc is used as a prerequisite for admission.In countries like US,one must obtain a degree in paramedicals to be qualified to study medicine.

THIS IS WHY THE DOCTOR IS IN CHARGE OF MEDICAL TEAM,NOT ONLY IN NIGERIA.
THIS IS WHY THERE IS 'RELATIVITY' IN RENUMERATION OF DOCTORS AGAINST OTHERS ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD.
Let us learn to say the truth rather than feeding the public with lies and misinformation, please,@ be guided.

#copied
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by mediclife1987(m): 10:57am On May 15, 2018
Dear Nigerian Doctors,

I am not a medical doctor. However, I tend to interphase with health care workers every once in a while. I am a lawyer by profession.

I googled up “ethics of the medical profession” and stumbled upon words like beneficence and justice...

I beg to question if you medical doctors have thought about applying these principles (justice and beneficence) to yourselves? Or is it all about selfless service to humanity to the detriment of your own wellbeing (and that of your dependents)? Are you not part of humanity?

How could you justify disentangling yourselves from the demands of your other health colleagues (I think they are called JOHESU). Demands that impact on your job, family, health and life?

I note that the opportunity to inform or educate the Nigerian public has long gone. Of what use is dialogue and dialectics to the average undereducated common man?

Through no fault of their own, most Nigerians can’t tell the difference between an engineer and a technician. Or between a barrister and a bench clerk. To expect any understanding of the hierarchical nature of health care delivery would simply be far fetched. To the average Nigerian, pathology and laboratory science are synonyms. Psychiatrists are the same as psychologists.

In a climate of intentional misinformation and distortions in job descriptions, one then may simply be asking for too much from the Nigerian laity.

I am not going to make references, cite facts, review literature or define responsibilities as there is enough information out there for those who seek.

Your livelihood as medical doctors is being threatened. You are about to lose your birthright. Chaos and insubordination prevails in the land. Your image is being increasingly tarnished on a regular basis. The supreme courts of public opinions have repeatedly found you guilty. There lies your neck under the guillotine of falsities and misinformation. Your lives are in danger. You can no longer afford to be gentlemen.

The key thus is to try not to educate the ignorant at this time. Rather communicate your relevance by acting in ways that impact on them.

To quote Leon Trotsky...

“You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you.”

BE HARD, BE DRASTIC

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:26am On May 15, 2018
mediclife1987:
Dear Nigerian Doctors,

I am not a medical doctor. However, I tend to interphase with health care workers every once in a while. I am a lawyer by profession.

I googled up “ethics of the medical profession” and stumbled upon words like beneficence and justice...

I beg to question if you medical doctors have thought about applying these principles (justice and beneficence) to yourselves? Or is it all about selfless service to humanity to the detriment of your own wellbeing (and that of your dependents)? Are you not part of humanity?

How could you justify disentangling yourselves from the demands of your other health colleagues (I think they are called JOHESU). Demands that impact on your job, family, health and life?

I note that the opportunity to inform or educate the Nigerian public has long gone. Of what use is dialogue and dialectics to the average undereducated common man?

Through no fault of their own, most Nigerians can’t tell the difference between an engineer and a technician. Or between a barrister and a bench clerk. To expect any understanding of the hierarchical nature of health care delivery would simply be far fetched. To the average Nigerian, pathology and laboratory science are synonyms. Psychiatrists are the same as psychologists.

In a climate of intentional misinformation and distortions in job descriptions, one then may simply be asking for too much from the Nigerian laity.

I am not going to make references, cite facts, review literature or define responsibilities as there is enough information out there for those who seek.

Your livelihood as medical doctors is being threatened. You are about to lose your birthright. Chaos and insubordination prevails in the land. Your image is being increasingly tarnished on a regular basis. The supreme courts of public opinions have repeatedly found you guilty. There lies your neck under the guillotine of falsities and misinformation. Your lives are in danger. You can no longer afford to be gentlemen.

The key thus is to try not to educate the ignorant at this time. Rather communicate your relevance by acting in ways that impact on them.

To quote Leon Trotsky...

“You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you.”

BE HARD, BE DRASTIC

Please put the bolded on repeat.

If you flip through this thread you will read a part one pharmist was proud to be a quack doctor.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 15, 2018
Slowly depression and frustration will have the most of you... I feel for your frustration already. I told you earlier that you people must accept the bitter fact that yesterdays dispensers are today's clinicians. You are not only misleading and deceiving the public but yourself. Paramedics are great and wonderful people however its good to set the records right that the professionals you're calling paramedics are not. If you were not taught the differences between nurses, pharmacists, laboratory scientists and et al in medical school then i think google can be your friend too. I would have countered your points one a fter the other but for your mindset and time however i have to correct the lies that the pass mark for other health disciplines is 40%. I wouldn't know of the others but surely i know of pharmaceutical sciences which is my filed. The pass mark for courses taken in pharmacy is 50%. Pass mark for other courses in pharmacy is ALL or NONE i.e distinction and i believe you know this too; they're verifiable facts. It wasn't only you who was trained in the university, others had an intense training from there too.
No one is claiming to be paid the same pay as you, after all you've been taken all the bogus pay through the years already and no one is envious of you. we believe in relativity however a situation where there was adjustment of salary for a set of professionals without considering the welfare of others working in the same work environment is ungodly and demonic. The gap in relativity between the emoluments of drs and other health worker in nigeria is the craziest in the world.
I blame the leadership of the so called JOHESU who are negotiating with Drs who are heading the ministry of health and labour. You cant be the judge in your own case.
mediclife1987:
For those who may wish to know.A Medical doctor is someone who has spent ,in the case of nigeria,six Non-semester structured years which is equivalent to 292 week's cummulatively.
He/she did indepth basic medical course vis-a-vis Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry) just like other paramedicals.Within this period of 292 weeks ,He/she also underwent comprehensive training in Laboratory medicine(Chemical pathology,haematology, medical microbiology and histopathology),the medical lab technology/science is mainly the TECHNICAL part of Lab medicine.The doctor went further to do Pharmacology,which is a part of pharmacy.Pharmacists does this too plus other aspect of Pharmacy.
The doctor also did Ophthalmology, optometry is mainly the TECHNICAL part of ophthalmology.He/she did Radiology, Radiography is the TECHNICAL part of Radiology,the doctor did Orthopedics, Physiotherapy is the TECHNICAL part of Orthopedics.In addition to doing what paramedics do,the doctor did paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology,surgery and medicine(in their totality,not just knowing definition of topics in these courses).Via practical knowledge,the doctor has indepth knowledge of wound dressing, giving injections (in tertiary institutions, doctors are the only ones allowed to give Intravenous injections), he/she conduct deliveries especially when it is out of the competency of nurses(midwives).
While in Medical school, correction factor is used for scoring doctors,what that means is that if a medic (a doctor-to-be) scores 65 % in exam, applying correction factor will bring the score down to 50%(this is the standard,so as to help prune down the number of those that passed).A pass mark for a medical student in the university is 50%(others is 40%). Medicine is not rated like others where they have first class, second class or third class,it is either pass or fail and withdraw for Medicine (Remember 50% using correction factor which is equivalent to 60% and above in the real sense is the pass mark for Medicine).
It should be noted that it takes a 5-semester structured years which is about 165weeks to do either Med lab science,Bsc nursing, Pharmacy etc but 6-NON semester structured years for medicine which is equivalent to 292 weeks.The above shows that the 3-4months break period in a year in the university is not applicable in medicine,any body who went through medical school and still has his/her conscience knows this simple truth. To obtain a PhD,it takes 272weeks from the first day into the university..
Medicine is the only course in the university that paramedicals degrees e.g B.med lab,Bsc nursing,Bsc Physiotherapy, degree in optometry etc is used as a prerequisite for admission.In countries like US,one must obtain a degree in paramedicals to be qualified to study medicine.

THIS IS WHY THERE IS 'RELATIVITY' IN RENUMERATION OF DOCTORS AGAINST OTHERS ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD.
Let us learn to say the truth rather than feeding the public with lies and misinformation, please,@ be guided.

#copied

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by authority2006(m): 5:11pm On May 15, 2018
mediclife1987:

Brother what are you talking about? Lagis state govt pays 170k for Medical Officers, b4 you reach 10years na hin you go reach 200k.

And for God's sake stop comparing people's profession, that's what's causing the hullabaloo we're facing now.

You want to compare a classroom teacher with a doctor who works his ass off does calls, exposes himself to blood, irradiations etc, yet still gets insulted, intimidated and spat on by px.

Try making wise comparisons bro, otherwise you'll soon start comparing ppl with bricklayer that collects #200/day.

A doctor collecting 45k is already worse than a teacher earning 10k if you compare it critically, stop looking at the money alone, look alone eat they have to go through to make that money, that's how to make intelligent conclusions

Nobody is advocating same pay for all workers or professions. My point is that most workers are being underpaid in Nigeria be it for their workloads or academic qualifications.

You're concerned about doctors pay alone. Something like, as long as doctors are receiving commensurate pay, the rests don't matter.

Have you ever seen the workloads of those private schools' teachers? Mehn, I don't pray to be in their shoes. And how can a teacher receiving one quarter of a doctor's pay be better?

Lastly, your pay might be poor but you have to agree that other workers and professionals are facing the same challenges. And if there is any non generalised review of salary scales in Nigeria, it is most times about health workers' salary scale. As soon as government meets JOHESU demand, doctors will go on strike.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by sunbreaker: 11:10pm On May 15, 2018
peacengine:
They are only after money. This is a sponsored post by Nigerian union of medical doctors

Always complaining yet lavishing in mediocrity, silent killers, prescribing wrong drugs, frequent strikes for pay and prestridge, it's time y'all leave. Go, we will get aid and humanitarian doctors working here in the interim, surely they will save more lives than you are presently doing
.don't mind them, do you aware that this so called Nigeria doctors end up as taxi driver in other side in the name searching for better working conditions.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by jairusben(m): 12:27am On May 17, 2018
mediclife1987:

For God's sake PCV check was the job of house officers in Children's Emergency Ward. We couldn't waste our time waiting for useless Lab Scientist to do a delegated job that'll make our work easier. We'll still rush to the lab to beg them for blood again that patient will use, and they'll still use us and do yanga like it's our relatives that need the blood.

Very useless people. Good for nothing.
your a fool a hediot and an slowpoke for not respecting the mls proffesion..you will continue to suffer because you have spoken evil with your stupid mouth...you will die like a goat...and you will be a disgrace to your entire household
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 7:55am On May 17, 2018
mediclife1987:

don't take this the wrong way, but something id wrong with you

The guy you quoted is saying the truth, the wage bill across sectors should be reviewed, not just the doctors and you are typing what you typed up there?

If you don't know, without the teachers you put down in this comment, there will be no doctors

Black man is too fucking selfish, me and only me mentality.

Or is it not Canadian doctors that were protesting excess pay, and advocating for better pay for other professionals (even though other professionals are not being paid poorly)

If na black man or Nigerians, will they do that? monkeys
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by ceejaynnaji(m): 1:17pm On May 29, 2018
I was actually talking about ppl like you , always on social media making unnecessary noice like they know jark undecided
Why not leave asap grin

mediclife1987:

Typical Nigerian, always eager to rubbish the good and embrace the ugly... cheesy cheesy cheesy

I need more of this inspiration to port comot this shithole, 5,240 Niherian trained doctors working in the UK, several others working in the US etc. I guess they just teleported there, or they used ojuju calabria for them at the exam centre and embass

I love when people try to discourage me, nothing feels better than the hopeless look on their face when you succeed. cheesy cheesy cheesy

More of it pls, it will be directly proportional to the shame that'll be registered on your face cheesy
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by mediclife1987(m): 10:54pm On May 29, 2018
ceejaynnaji:

I was actually talking about ppl like you , always on social media making unnecessary noice like they know jark undecided
Why not leave asap grin

If you have nothing to say pls shut up, I'm not responsible for your low IQ so quit trying to put the blame on me...
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by phase1: 10:44am On Jun 02, 2018
mediclife1987:
He/she did indepth basic medical course vis-a-vis Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry) just like other paramedicals.Within this period of 292 weebjks ,He/she also underwent comprehensive training in Laboratory medicine(Chemical pathology,haematology, medical microbiology and histopathology),the medical lab technology/science is mainly the TECHNICAL part of Lab medicine.The doctor went further to do Pharmacology,which is a part of pharmacy.Pharmacists does this too plus other aspect of Pharmacy.

#copied

Can you define 'paramedical'?

Are you talking about the emergency medical workers or the Pharmacists, Medical Scientist, Nurses, Optometrists?
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by MrBigiman: 10:52am On Jun 02, 2018
nelszx:

So u get atom of human kindness?, this Johesu man!
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by MrBigiman: 10:54am On Jun 02, 2018
phase1:

Can you define 'paramedical'?

Are you talking about the emergency medical workers or the Pharmacists, Medical Scientist, Nurses, Optometrists?

Medicine, Nurses and Pharmacists are the core medical professionals. Others are ancillary Staffs and can be outsourced. The mentioned 3 should rightly be in the same Union. What we have right now is an abbreviation.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by phase1: 11:17am On Jun 02, 2018
MrBigiman:

Medicine, Nurses and Pharmacists are the core medical professionals. Others are ancillary Staffs and can be outsourced. The mentioned 3 should rightly be in the same Union. What we have right now is an abbreviation.

That's your definition and we all know it's a political definition you are employing for the sole purpose of 'divide-and-rule' in order to weaken JOHESU which have succeeded in emasculating you by educating Nigerians about your greed-driven tyranny in the health sector.

You cannot extrapolate 'medical professionalism' from Medical laboratory science'

A Pharmacist is a medical professional as medical druggist.

A nurse is a medical professional as a medical care-giver.

A Medical Scientist is a medical professional as a Medical Investigator.

A Physiotherapist is a medical professional as a medical rehabilitator.

A Radiographer is a medical professional as he provides medical imaging.

Now, a paramedical is an emergency medical worker.

You see, your personal definition holds no water and will only deceive illiterates but as long as intelligent and exposed guys like us share this forum with you. We will make it a herculean task for you to disseminate your lies. You can bank on that. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by MrBigiman: 11:39am On Jun 02, 2018
phase1:

That's your definition and we all know it's a political definition you are employing for the sole purpose of 'divide-and-rule' in order to weaken JOHESU which have succeeded in emasculating you by educating Nigerians about your greed-driven tyranny in the health sector.

You cannot extrapolate 'medical professionalism' from Medical laboratory science'

A Pharmacist is a medical professional as medical druggist.

A nurse is a medical professional as a medical care-giver.

A Medical Scientist is a medical professional as a Medical Investigator.

A Physiotherapist is a medical professional as a medical rehabilitator.

A Radiographer is a medical professional as he provides medical imaging.

Now, a paramedical is an emergency medical worker.

You see, your personal definition holds no water and will only deceive illiterates but as long as intelligent and exposed guys like us share this forum with you. We will make it a herculean task for you to disseminate your lies. You can bank on that. cheesy

Phase1!!!, u are worrying too much on this forum. Your leaders are facing the heat. Johesu will fail totally, and I will be here to remind u.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by phase1: 12:01pm On Jun 02, 2018
MrBigiman:

Phase1!!!, u are worrying too much on this forum. Your leaders are facing the heat. Johesu will fail totally, and I will be here to remind u.

Lol.. cheesy

I dey worry you abi. When I come become exco member of Johesu nko.

Oga I did a lot of research before choosing my respected profession. I've attended International seminars, symposiums, medical fairs. Walahi I've never seen anywhere medical scientists have been insulted except here in the nigerian cesspit ran by mor0ns with dinosaur age mentality.

Johesu have more to achieve. Give up on the divide and rule tactics it won't work.

We will continue to enlighten Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Gamesmart: 10:13pm On Jul 06, 2018
donestk:
2 of my family members who are both doctors relocated to the UAE. I tried to make them understand that Nigeria needs them but they left anyway.

Nigerian doctors should learn to see their job as service to humanity and not shortcut to wealth

You see your own job as service to humanity?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart / Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? / 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.