Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,948 members, 7,810,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? - Health (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? (52441 Views)

Abia Government Uncovers ‘japa’ Doctors Still Collecting Salaries / Governor Otti: Japa Doctors Still Recieving Salaries In Abia State / Doctors STILL Can’t Treat 2-week-old Baby With A Never-before-seen Brain Tumor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:55am On Aug 21, 2018
omohayek:

Has it ever occurred to you, in all your anger, that the ones who have the skills to successfully "run away" are doing so because they're tired of living in a system where they are forced to live under incompetents they have no power to throw out or replace? Why should a highly educated professional whose skills are in demand around the world stay in a sh*thole whose political leadership is determined by masses of mo.rons only vote based on "stomach infrastructure" and "na my kinsman"?

A nation is not a collective suicide pact. If 99% of the country wants to keep living in sh*t because they prefer tribal sentiments and vote-buying to economically-sound, ideologically coherent political platforms, that's no reason for the 1% with sense and talent to stick around and suffer for no good reason. We only have one life each to live, so why waste should anyone waste theirs being stifled by corrupt, tribalistic id.iots?
if they were truly ''educated '' they should be able to outsmart the ''incompetents ''
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by snosoar: 1:00am On Aug 29, 2018
SNOSeeds - Think Health, Think Black Seed!

While we don't know if or what you've known about a medicinal herb / spice called black seed (Nigella sativa),

What we know for sure and are enthusiastic to inform you about is that black seed prevents / cures all diseases except death - It's perhaps the best elixir!

Researchers the world over have confirmed this folklore or scriptural fact as seen in over 600 scientific publications on this little sized but immensely great powerhouse of nutrients that intimidates the best man-made combination of nutrients in multivitamins / antioxidants.

In fact, Onifade et al (Nigerian Researchers from UCH - University College Hospital, Ibadan alongside their counterpart from the United Kingdom) have published papers where black seed has cured HIV over and again, one of which is referenced in this post: https://web.facebook.com/SNOSeeds/posts/439518526457817.

Whao! What a companion is black seed, it wonderfully assists with more quantity and quality of milk production in breastfeeding mothers as seen with evidences of published research and case studies in this link https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=478353295907673&id=394649457611391&ref=bookmarks, even while it helps with infertility as evidenced in below paragraphs.

Yes, black seed increased male fertility by working on vital parameters of the sperm like sperm count and motility, even while increasing the quality, further information on scientific studies that confirmed this is seen at https://web.facebook.com/SNOSeeds/posts/397053537370983. Also, female hormonal balance as needed in regulating many syndromes in females has been recorded severally by black seed from menstrual disorders to fibroid and infertility amidst many others.

The miraculous effectiveness of this herb that contains over 100 nutrients (some of which are even yet to be characterized) is such that it dynamically confronts any health challenge by working forward or backward towards Wellness as necessary, for example, it can help for boosting or tempering immunity, it can work to decrease or increase blood pressure as needed - What a feat!

We are elated to inform you that we at SNOSeeds know the formulations, dosages, and duration for concoctions based mainly on black seed and honey, even while we as well sell them amidst other products of alternative medicine therapies across the nation at the best market prices thinkable.

At SNOSeeds, We're simply your one-stop center when it comes to evidence-based natural / alternative medicine.

Kindly look up and like our Facebook page on www.facebook.com/SNOSeeds to keep up with our posts on natural health gems.

Contact us:
08133531930 (Whatsapp Inclusive)
snoworlddocs@gmail.com

Yours in Sound Health,
Nurudeen Soremekun
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by snosoar: 8:03pm On Aug 29, 2018
When scientific evidences back a folklore medicine claim as seen in black seed (Nigella sativa), I wonder why one can't confirm the truth of such in this information age, and thereby avail himself of a much more safe, effective, cheap, and sustainable solution that in fact goes beyond solving just a known health challenge, to improving one's health generally, and securing one away from the innumerable health threats plaguing our modern age.

Meanwhile, a very sound health is generally needed for a better chance at great mental and physical activity, and reproduction ability for both sexes.

We are elated to inform you that we at SNOSeeds know the formulations, dosages, and duration for concoctions based mainly on black seed and honey, even while we as well sell them amidst other products of alternative medicine therapies across the nation at the best market prices thinkable.

At SNOSeeds, We're simply your one-stop center when it comes to evidence-based natural / alternative medicine.

Kindly look up and like our Facebook page on www.facebook.com/SNOSeeds to keep up with our posts on natural health gems.

Contact us:
08133531930 (Whatsapp Inclusive)
snoworlddocs@gmail.com

Yours in Sound Health,
Nurudeen Soremekun
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by snosoar: 8:37pm On Aug 29, 2018
Nigella sativa (Black Seed) Supplementation Improves Asthma Control and Biomarkers: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial

On asthma, this link (https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=395530997523237&id=394649457611391) shows how black seed clearly outperformed orthodox medicine, despite not being toxic like them.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by valito: 12:30pm On Sep 27, 2018
people in the medical line will tell you individuals what is up but let me tell you scientists in particular should be called doctors,Ghana graduated their first sets of doctors in med lab in the year 2004 we are under the world health organization in the arm of west Africa health organization and in to meet up with international best practice we have to make them doctors because that is what is obtainable world wide as d standard and people who say surgeon is more brain scattering than the others I advice go and trying reading med lab and let's compare and remember surgeon don't account for GPA in most but scientists still do,now in the training of med lab they also throw out.My dear trying reading both and compare let's see your response
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by ElPhoche(m): 3:24pm On Sep 29, 2018
valito:
people in the medical line will tell you individuals what is up but let me tell you scientists in particular should be called doctors,Ghana graduated their first sets of doctors in med lab in the year 2004 we are under the world health organization in the arm of west Africa health organization and in to meet up with international best practice we have to make them doctors because that is what is obtainable world wide as d standard and people who say surgeon is more brain scattering than the others I advice go and trying reading med lab and let's compare and remember surgeon don't account for GPA in most but scientists still do,now in the training of med lab they also throw out.My dear trying reading both and compare let's see your response
What is it with you people self? Is it only when you answer doctor that you would get relevance in your chosen profession? Be the medical scientist that you went to school with, and stop abrogating another title. If you want to become a medical doctor, study for it. If you want to become the other doctor, do PhD.
Just like a carpenter saying he is an engineer or an economist saying he is an accountant. Both are different job description, biko
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by olalekanadewum(m): 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2018
Swint:
lies there is no grade level 11 in civil service

Ignorance will kill you one day, something you can find out on Google you are arguing blindly.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Swint: 8:29pm On Dec 30, 2018
You are so confident in your ignorance. There is no grade 11 in Nigeria’s civil service go to federal civil service commission website and download the scheme of service
olalekanadewum:

Ignorance will kill you one day, something you can find out on Google you are arguing blindly.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by jbblues24(m): 7:45am On May 31, 2019
My grandpa rates this illustration very gorgeous mate angry
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by femianski: 12:26pm On May 31, 2019
osazsky:
did u choose pharmacy as ur first choice,,, who does DAT,
Hello
my sister did that. And I know other people who chose pharmacy.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 10, 2019
MrBigiman:

That's their main demand. Watch the interview of the minister of health with channels TV and get a better insight. If nursing begins internship, Nigeria will be the only Country in the world running such devious model. It's a shame that we bend the truth in this Country.
hope u have committed suicide now that the internship has commenced? I am ashamed of you, bringimg down people's effort to progress. You people know only theory amd can't even practicalize anything until the end of your house job. As a student nurse, I teach you dumb heads how to set lines but ur concern us how to relegate others to the background.
They are writing PLAB and USMLe but keep failing, those who passed got the shock of their lives, what they are running away from was met there, the other health professionals they do not want to progress in Nigeria is what they meet abroad.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 10:52pm On Aug 10, 2019
camobri:

hope u have committed suicide now that the internship has commenced? I am ashamed of you, bringimg down people's effort to progress. You people know only theory amd can't even practicalize anything until the end of your house job. As a student nurse, I teach you dumb heads how to set lines but ur concern us how to relegate others to the background.
They are writing PLAB and USMLe but keep failing, those who passed got the shock of their lives, what they are running away from was met there, the other health professionals they do not want to progress in Nigeria is what they meet abroad.

wow shocked shocked

this is damming
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Barry2k16(m): 6:58am On Aug 11, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/5353256/hypertension-kills-faster-prevent-it

Click this link to see the remedy

Hypertension kills faster than you know. These natural products will keep you in check. Hit me up while promo last! Free delivery nationwide.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 11, 2019
Ugosample:

wow shocked shocked
this is damming
huh.. forget the typos, didn't edit as I hurriedly typed
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 11, 2019
mediclife1987:

Bwahahahaha!

Now I know sey craze dey worry you...as in you don kolo cheesy
he isn't crazy. Aside consultants, you lots are useless and pharmacists, nurses and co that know their onions would provide the primary care needed and that's what most of you do. I just pity the sane and genuine ones amongst u
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 8:18am On Aug 11, 2019
camobri:
huh.. forget the typos, didn't edit as I hurriedly typed
I'm not looking at the typo
I'm looking at the message you are passing here
Our doctors are failing USMLE? shocked shocked
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 11, 2019
Ugosample:

I'm not looking at the typo

I'm looking at the message you are passing here

Our doctors are failing USMLE? shocked shocked
Yep. USMLE is hard. and like JAMB, the higher you score the better Your chances. PLAB is easier and they pass but getting job isn't sure unlike USMLE.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 9:59pm On Aug 11, 2019
camobri:

Yep. USMLE is hard. and like JAMB, the higher you score the better Your chances. PLAB is easier and they pass but getting job isn't sure unlike USMLE.

I see
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by arinzos(m): 6:24am On Aug 12, 2019
mediclife1987:
For those who may wish to know.A Medical doctor is someone who has spent ,in the case of nigeria,six Non-semester structured years which is equivalent to 292 week's cummulatively.
He/she did indepth basic medical course vis-a-vis Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry) just like other paramedicals.Within this period of 292 weeks ,He/she also underwent comprehensive training in Laboratory medicine(Chemical pathology,haematology, medical microbiology and histopathology),the medical lab technology/science is mainly the TECHNICAL part of Lab medicine.The doctor went further to do Pharmacology,which is a part of pharmacy.Pharmacists does this too plus other aspect of Pharmacy.
The doctor also did Ophthalmology, optometry is mainly the TECHNICAL part of ophthalmology.He/she did Radiology, Radiography is the TECHNICAL part of Radiology,the doctor did Orthopedics, Physiotherapy is the TECHNICAL part of Orthopedics.In addition to doing what paramedics do,the doctor did paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology,surgery and medicine(in their totality,not just knowing definition of topics in these courses).Via practical knowledge,the doctor has indepth knowledge of wound dressing, giving injections (in tertiary institutions, doctors are the only ones allowed to give Intravenous injections), he/she conduct deliveries especially when it is out of the competency of nurses(midwives).
While in Medical school, correction factor is used for scoring doctors,what that means is that if a medic (a doctor-to-be) scores 65 % in exam, applying correction factor will bring the score down to 50%(this is the standard,so as to help prune down the number of those that passed).A pass mark for a medical student in the university is 50%(others is 40%). Medicine is not rated like others where they have first class, second class or third class,it is either pass or fail and withdraw for Medicine (Remember 50% using correction factor which is equivalent to 60% and above in the real sense is the pass mark for Medicine).
It should be noted that it takes a 5-semester structured years which is about 165weeks to do either Med lab science,Bsc nursing, Pharmacy etc but 6-NON semester structured years for medicine which is equivalent to 292 weeks.The above shows that the 3-4months break period in a year in the university is not applicable in medicine,any body who went through medical school and still has his/her conscience knows this simple truth. To obtain a PhD,it takes 272weeks from the first day into the university..
Medicine is the only course in the university that paramedicals degrees e.g B.med lab,Bsc nursing,Bsc Physiotherapy, degree in optometry etc is used as a prerequisite for admission.In countries like US,one must obtain a degree in paramedicals to be qualified to study medicine.

THIS IS WHY THE DOCTOR IS IN CHARGE OF MEDICAL TEAM,NOT ONLY IN NIGERIA.
THIS IS WHY THERE IS 'RELATIVITY' IN RENUMERATION OF DOCTORS AGAINST OTHERS ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD.
Let us learn to say the truth rather than feeding the public with lies and misinformation, please,@ be guided.

#copied
Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by mediclife1987(m): 9:35am On Aug 12, 2019
arinzos:

Keep deceiving yourself.

Keep hating tongue
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by arinzos(m): 11:27am On Aug 12, 2019
mediclife1987:

Keep hating tongue
Why would i hate you.
I don't have time for nonsense grin
Just that most of you lots just post gibberish.
The way a Medical Professional that claims he knows heaven and Earth could not tell the difference between core Medical professionals and Paramedicals seems to elude me.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by mediclife1987(m): 12:56pm On Aug 12, 2019
arinzos:

Why would i hate you.
I don't have time for nonsense grin
Just that most of you lots just post gibberish.
The way a Medical Professional that claims he knows heaven and Earth could not tell the difference between core Medical professionals and Paramedicals seems to elude me.

You didn't sleep well last night I presume.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by arinzos(m): 1:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
mediclife1987:

You didn't sleep well last night I presume.
alright.Lets end it here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart / Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? / 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.