Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? (52437 Views)

Abia Government Uncovers ‘japa’ Doctors Still Collecting Salaries / Governor Otti: Japa Doctors Still Recieving Salaries In Abia State / Doctors STILL Can’t Treat 2-week-old Baby With A Never-before-seen Brain Tumor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by ElPhoche(m): 2:12am On May 14, 2018
DABMarkNig2019:

and in your myopic mind you think it's only Dr's they will be needing? No sets of health professionals are being sought after like the nurses. get that fact into your head.
Why is it that people are bitter unnecessarily? I didn't insult you in any single way. I didn't say anything derogatory to you or your profession. The post said '... doctors......'. I simply replied to that effect of current future projections for doctors in the US, and you could only reply by trying to insult me. I didn't argue with you who is more sought after, so I don't see the reason why you should stoop so low to throw cheap insults. Anyway, we know the level people operate by their speech/post. If nurses (of whom lots of good friends are), pharmacists, radiologists, want to come to the US, how does it affect or concern me? I only speak for my profession. Speak for yourself, but don't stoop low to insult another person. The world could be a better place for you and me if you want it to
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by authority2006(m): 7:49am On May 14, 2018
mediclife1987:

The unfortunate mistake you guys make everyday....a real pity.

If only you know what's going on in Nigerian Medical Schools nowadays, you'll shake your head for the country's health sector.

There's a reason why Doctors matter cos there are 3 basic things veey crucial in every society: Food, Shelter and Health. Unfortunately Nigeria continues to deride and mock it's Health sector because it believes it has more than enough.

Do you know what happens to a man who wastes his resources because he believes he'll always have more than enough?

In 2011 when I graduated, I had no intention of leaving the country, I saw my colleague preparing for the US exams then during my Internship and I just took him for an overambitious fellow, now the guy rides the latest model of a Toyota Cary every year while I'm still busy cursing my leggedis Benz....He didn't even bother to serve or do NYSC, he he just gathered money from his internship and off he went.

Now most of this exams are even being written by 200 Level and 300 Level students, hence once they finish, they'll not even do Internship sef and also zoom off.

What does that make Nigeria? It makes us just like Arsenal Football Club where doctors are trained for other serious countries to scoop up. Medical Tourism will in the end continue.

Nevertheless I know you'll think I'm trying to get you scared to make you cower into treating us right.

Funny enough Nigeria has d worst doctor:patient yet you said we still have more around, despite the ones remaining about to leave.

No need jarey, you're right and I'm wrong.

It is not about right or wrong. You got trained almost free of charge compared to what is obtainable in developed countries, put that in mind that your country deserves something in return too. Your salary is below what other doctors are getting in advanced countries, I agree. But you fail to understand that poor salary issue is not limited to doctors but almost all workers. As poor as general salary issue is concerned, doctors are still far ahead of many other workers in Nigeria.

We're in Africa, developing continent, what are the doctors' salary scale in other African countries? You can't just pull out the Nigerian doctors salary scale and start comparing it to what is obtainable in developed countries.

What about other workers who are receiving ridiculously far less than what doctors get in Nigeria.

I'm not saying that salary scale shouldn't be reviewed upward but it doesn't have to be about doctors or health workers alone. Purchasing power are being eroded, it affects every government's worker (minus political office holders).

As I said, if anyone regardless of his/her profession wants to leave the country, nothing can stop such individuals if opportunity present itself. We're in it together, it is not restricted to you alone.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:00am On May 14, 2018
ElPhoche:

Why is it that people are bitter unnecessarily? I didn't insult you in any single way. I didn't say anything derogatory to you or your profession. The post said '... doctors......'. I simply replied to that effect of current future projections for doctors in the US, and you could only replied by trying to insult me. I didn't argue with you who is more sought after, so I don't see the reason why you should stop so low to throw cheap insults. Anyway, we know the level people operate by their speech/post. If nurses (of whom lots of good friends are), pharmacists, radiologists, want to come to the US, how does it affect or concern me? I only speak for my profession. Speak for yourself, but don't stop low to insult another person. The world could be a better place for you and me if you want it to

Ignore the guy and stop quoting him. From his posts you can know the type of person he is.

He is very lucky he is in Nigeria, if he does the type of nonsense he is doing here in another country, e.g. England, he will be in jail.

No wonder he chose to remain here

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by thorpido(m): 8:25am On May 14, 2018
yemmy75:

So can you please tell us a few ways in which the internship will add to their expertise which other countries have been too blind to see all along?

Thanks
I'm not a nurse and I'm not in the nursing council nor part of those who set curriculum.They are the ones who can determine that.
However,it is not everything countries abroad do that we have to do.We have to look at our own individuality.How many countries have NYSC?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:48am On May 14, 2018
spare me the gibberish please... If that's an insult to you then fine.
What I'm saying simply is that you people should stop threatening the government and Nigerians. If you all want to migrate it's okay but don't blackmail other health workers with it. You were 1st you before becoming a dr...I'm not a nurse but that's the truth. If you are outside you should know better and should even be ashamed of what you colleagues are doing over here that's not obtainable in any other place. It's sickening and annoying.
ElPhoche:

Why is it that people are bitter unnecessarily? I didn't insult you in any single way. I didn't say anything derogatory to you or your profession. The post said '... doctors......'. I simply replied to that effect of current future projections for doctors in the US, and you could only replied by trying to insult me. I didn't argue with you who is more sought after, so I don't see the reason why you should stop so low to throw cheap insults. Anyway, we know the level people operate by their speech/post. If nurses (of whom lots of good friends are), pharmacists, radiologists, want to come to the US, how does it affect or concern me? I only speak for my profession. Speak for yourself, but don't stop low to insult another person. The world could be a better place for you and me if you want it to
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Jay8901(m): 8:57am On May 14, 2018
Interested in Studying in Canada? Why not contact us to help you achieve ur dreams? You can contact me on my signature link or send me a mail at oyebanji@ewc.com.ng. We look forward to assisting you. Cheers
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:04am On May 14, 2018
mediclife1987:

Can you give me the name of the drug the Reg prescribed pls?

Nigerians, always eager and on the lookout to ridicule their doctors just so as to confirm to the society they're not so special afterall and they deserve equal salary with them.

For them to focus on their work na wahala, instead na to they point out doctor fault to slander them in public na hin be their life purpose.

If I should start mentioning atrocities pharmacists have committed, this nairaland no go fit contain am, but I'm way above such puerile frivolities, afterall it's only a tree with a fruit that people throw sticks at and it's only people who're up some ppl desire to see down.

Ridiculing you will be of no benefit to my profession, you guys have nothing to lose anyway, seeing y'all already a joke.
lf you're a man i challenge you to mention those atrocities. even angels don't carry their self the way Nigerian dr do. At every point all through the ages people have always resisted tyranny and oppression and we will continue to resist that in our health care system.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by yemmy75(m): 11:19am On May 14, 2018
thorpido:
I'm not a nurse and I'm not in the nursing council nor part of those who set curriculum.They are the ones who can determine that.
However,it is not everything countries abroad do that we have to do.We have to look at our own individuality.How many countries have NYSC?
But the only reason you guys want to become consultants and CMDs is because it happens in other countries. What an irony
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by thorpido(m): 11:41am On May 14, 2018
yemmy75:

But the only reason you guys want to become consultants and CMDs is because it happens in other countries. What an irony
Which guys?Not everyone interested in this issue is fighting for consultancy.
What we are looking at is fairness and opportunities for every health worker to advance in his/her career.Whatever career development is possible in each profession should be encouraged.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 14, 2018
osazsky:
medicine shld be left for d best, I wanted to study medicine but couldn't, switched on time to accounting ,now I work as an accountant in a university, we all need each other in terms of profession even d vc of Uniben needs a cleaner,, to clean his office,so were are u coming from pls b logical and make this ur aguement relative ,I know u wanted to study medicine but couldn't meet the requirement hence u were shipped to a nursing school,pls attend a university then sit for MBBS before claiming bragging rights, there is no way my salary now can be d same as lecturers, all I do is sit in my chair and work on files,ask me how many reaserch i have done since i stated work 4years ago none. my friend this is a lost battle, no work no pay,nursing sch is 3 years medicine is, 7,there are no shot cut to riches grow up
I went to uniport, studied nursing for five years... I went for youth service and my jamb score was 294. I choosed nursing at of passion and bcoz of my aunty who is a nurse in the America.I graduated with a second class upper division
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 14, 2018
greyham:

I asked you a question and you pretended to not see it.

Anway, going by your recent replies on this thread I think I have my answer.

Have a nice day
U are brainless.. This is nairaland, not exam hall
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 14, 2018
Ang88:

U are brainless.. This is nairaland, not exam hall

God punish you

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by yemmy75(m): 12:46pm On May 14, 2018
thorpido:
Which guys?Not everyone interested in this issue is fighting for consultancy.
What we are looking at is fairness and opportunities for every health worker to advance in his/her career.Whatever career development is possible in each profession should be encouraged.
If that is what you truly want, then keep up the struggle. Best wishes
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 14, 2018
greyham:

God punish you
Is that your best?.. I can't battle words with a fool.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by mediclife1987(m): 1:18pm On May 14, 2018
DABMarkNig2019:

is that what you are been taught in the so called medical school?
I'm well advanced than that as a pharmacist...i know my onion.

I say make you teach me new tin you say you're much more advanced? grin grin cheesy

Na wa for Nigerians oh....very funny grin

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 14, 2018
Ang88:

Is that your best?.. I can't battle words with a fool.

God punish you

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by mediclife1987(m): 2:23pm On May 14, 2018
DABMarkNig2019:
They keep on saying doctors are in higher demand in the western world yet medical graduate from those countries are battling to pass the qualifying exams given by the MDCN.
why are they flocking home if is that worst back here?
what an irony.

Chei, incase you do not know, olodos like you that couldn't pass JAMB were the ones who went to those mushroom medical schools abroad to study medicine by the back door. Now they've come back to practice and you think we are d same page?

Chai, I don't even know where to start with you guys sef, your deep lack of understanding don taya me kpatakpata....I can't stand it any more meen...o ti su mi....

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by mediclife1987(m): 2:31pm On May 14, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
Infact doctor are free to migrate just remember to send dollars home ....we have enough student writing jamb 1.5 million yearly to fill up vacant space...we want to be exporting doctors after crude oil not a bad idea

Fantastic idea meen, once I make am for Yankee, I go send my pikin come medical school for Naija, cheap and quality education, after hin graduate hin go come back come meet me for Yankee go join me and chop better dollar.

Thanks bro for your wisdom meen, you see why it's good chatting with folks like you? grin
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by mediclife1987(m): 2:34pm On May 14, 2018
DABMarkNig2019:

read and digest well... naija Dr's need to change the way they think
seriously no need for the drs. All those things i said we do are still at the primary level of health care... It's time the drs and government recognised pharmacists as primarily health providers

Bwahahahaha!

Now I know sey craze dey worry you...as in you don kolo cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by mediclife1987(m): 2:36pm On May 14, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
over 50000 science student can get in

Owshey!!!

I know the type of science student you're talking about, maybe Olamide's own lol.

Na those kind doctor go fit Nigerians like you wella...veey funny people cheesy
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by mediclife1987(m): 2:38pm On May 14, 2018
DABMarkNig2019:

I'm a busy guy who doesn't have time for crab. I just closed from work now and of course i attended to my patients

Doctor by force cheesy cheesy cheesy

I can imagine you pinning your patients to the ground so as to examine them by force cheesy grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by mediclife1987(m): 2:49pm On May 14, 2018
ElPhoche:

Why you dey disturb yourself with them? They think you're trying to scare them by mentioning Yankee, so them sef go mention their own too cheesy

I told you b4 sey this ppl be clowns...no time jarey...

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by mediclife1987(m): 3:00pm On May 14, 2018
authority2006:

It is not about right or wrong. You got trained almost free of charge compared to what is obtainable in developed countries, put that in mind that your country deserves something in return too. Your salary is below what other doctors are getting in advanced countries, I agree. But you fail to understand that poor salary issue is not limited to doctors but almost all workers. As poor as general salary issue is concerned, doctors are still far ahead of many other workers in Nigeria.

We're in Africa, developing continent, what are the doctors' salary scale in other African countries? You can't just pull out the Nigerian doctors salary scale and start comparing it to what is obtainable in developed countries.

What about other workers who receiving ridiculously far less than what doctors get in Nigeria.

I'm not saying that salary scale shouldn't be reviewed upward but it doesn't have to be about doctors or health workers alone. Purchasing power are being eroded, it affects every government's worker (minus political office holders).

As I said, if anyone regardless of his/her profession wants to leave the country, nothing can stop such individuals if opportunity present itself. We're in it together, it is not restricted to you alone.

Do you know doctors who graduated 5years ago are now collecting 80k/month? Do you know some doctors are collecting just 45k/month? Infact i cant coint the no of times I've begged my secondary school mates for money to raise me. I'm even tired of asking anymore sef. Right now I've left my secondary school forum cos I've been disgraced out of the group for always asking for help recurrently. Nigerians will not pay a doctor, they'll cheat a doctor, owe him, steal from him, despise him, curse him, even beat him & kidnap him. But they'll still want us to suffer well first like the others.

No way! Enough is enough!!!

Our mumu don do!!!

A country where docs are owed, underpaid, and even cheated join untop. A doctor died of Lymphoma cos he didn't have enough money for surgery, imagine, he couldn't even save his OWN life!!!! Cos no money to help himself in HIS OWN profession!!! doctors have died in the hospital trting to save patients lives. Right now I'm gently nursing hypertension on a daily basis and can't even remember when last I went for a checkup cos no money and no time.

Yet you continue to compare us with other professionals, doing thay alone simply shows you have no value for us, even Somalia don't play with their doctors, they don't care if they don't have anything else bit "food, Shelter & health" is a must!!! But in Nigeria, we prefer to pull our doctor down, so that we'll all suffer 2geda, at least that way everybody go happy ba

You're talking about paying cheap school fees, are you telling me your school fees was not subsidised as well? Or you think you don't owe Nigeria too? Do you want to tell me you'll stay back if Yankee opportunity presents itself?

See brother, there's no need for too much story, let everyone do as they understand, at the end water go find hin level lastlast...no need for too much talk.

2020 is the year I leave, all mam for himself, if you have an opportunity to run, abeg run. If you no get, abeg no block road for those wey wan comot.

Live & let live.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by ahiboilandgas: 3:02pm On May 14, 2018
mediclife1987:

Fantastic idea meen, once I make am for Yankee, I go send my pikin come medical school for Naija, cheap and quality education, after hin graduate hin go come back come meet me for Yankee go join me and chop better dollar.

Thanks bro for your wisdom meen, you see why it's good chatting with folks like you? grin
eyya not everbody want to be 2 class citizen abroad...some dream to be medical directors in federal hospital or own private like lagoon
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by mediclife1987(m): 3:11pm On May 14, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
eyya not everbody want to be 2 class citizen abroad...some dream to be medical directors in federal hospital or own private like lagoon

Some people like who? Who made you a mouthpiece for our profession? Why don't you mind your business and goan head the Teaching Hospitals, goan form your own Lagoon & Reddington too, we dash you the Nigerian Health Sector, goan eat it and die with it cheesy cheesy cheesy...
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by ahiboilandgas: 3:15pm On May 14, 2018
mediclife1987:

Some people like who? Who made you a mouthpiece for our profession? Why don't you mind your business and goan head the Teaching Hospitals, goan form your own Lagoon & Reddington too, we dash you the Nigerian Health Sector, goan eat it and die with it cheesy cheesy cheesy...
eyya it still doesnt change the fact that the richest people are still business men and politic...i know his ur pain u taught u will hammer with mbbs but eyya no range rover sport...pls continue taking does unending exam and enjoy ur mid night duty when other they chill with there wifes
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by peacengine(m): 3:16pm On May 14, 2018
mediclife1987:

Do you know doctors who graduated 5years ago are now collecting 80k/month? Do you know some doctors are collecting just 45k/month? Infact i cant coint the no of times I've begged my secondary school mates for money to raise me. I'm even tired of asking anymore sef. Right now I've left my secondary school forum cos I've been disgraced out of the group for always asking for help recurrently. Nigerians will not pay a doctor, they'll cheat a doctor, owe him, steal from him, despise him, curse him, even beat him & kidnap him. But they'll still want us to suffer well first like the others.

No way! Enough is enough!!!

Our mumu don do!!!

A country where docs are owed, underpaid, and even cheated join untop. A doctor died of Lymphoma cos he didn't have enough money for surgery, imagine, he couldn't even save his OWN life!!!! Cos no money to help himself in HIS OWN profession!!! doctors have died in the hospital trting to save patients lives. Right now I'm gently nursing hypertension on a daily basis and can't even remember when last I went for a checkup cos no money and no time.

Yet you continue to compare us with other professionals, doing thay alone simply shows you have no value for us, even Somalia don't play with their doctors, they don't care if they don't have anything else bit "food, Shelter & health" is a must!!! But in Nigeria, we prefer to pull our doctor down, so that we'll all suffer 2geda, at least that way everybody go happy ba

You're talking about paying cheap school fees, are you telling me your school fees was not subsidised as well? Or you think you don't owe Nigeria too? Do you want to tell me you'll stay back if Yankee opportunity presents itself?

See brother, there's no need for too much story, let everyone do as they understand, at the end water go find hin level lastlast...no need for too much talk.

2020 is the year I leave, all mam for himself, if you have an opportunity to run, abeg run. If you no get, abeg no block road for those wey wan comot.

Live & let live.

O boy, 2020 is too far, leave now. Don't work for that pay because someone like you will kill patients out of frustration. Go abroad, we don't want you here. Start from neighbouring Ghana if you don't have money for Western countries, from there you can get lost abroad forever.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by mediclife1987(m): 3:16pm On May 14, 2018
Ang88:

I went to uniport, studied nursing for five years... I went for youth service and my jamb score was 294. I choosed nursing at of passion and bcoz of my aunty who is a nurse in the America.I graduated with a second class upper division

With this terrible English of yours and you scored 294?

It's either you used JAMBO-QUINE or the devil is a liar.

See hin mouth like 294 kiss

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by ahiboilandgas: 3:22pm On May 14, 2018
mediclife1987:

With this terrible English of yours and you scored 294?

It's either you used JAMBO-QUINE or the devil is a liar.

See hin mouth like 294 kiss
it seem u are depressed ..abi no intership position yet after dreaming of instant billion after mbbs craming..
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by mediclife1987(m): 3:25pm On May 14, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
eyya it still doesnt change the fact that the richest people are still business men and politic...i know his ur pain u taught u will hammer with mbbs but eyya no range rover sport...pls continue taking does unending exam and enjoy ur mid night duty when other they chill with there wifes

Like you're chilling with your wife ba? cheesy cheesy cheesy

My childhood neighbour graduated with a 1st in Chemical Engineering from UNILAG, he's been working in the USA with an oil company for close to 10 years now. He told me personally that he can't wait to see me with him here cos the only people he envies here are who?

DOCTORS!!!

Doctors are the biggest boys in the USA, not even politicians or oil company boys like you have in a useless country like Naija.

Business on the other hand is a personal tin. It has nothing to do with school, but when we talk about wages, docs are far above everyone else and the people over there like it laidat, cos they can be rest assured they'll be safe when the need arises.

On the other hand here, bad belle no go let us rest, pull him down syndrome always at play anytime ppl see doctor. As you're happy sey man still dey suffer for this shithole despite putting in much effort and you're proud to say it as if you're making any sense.

Nigeria, a serious mistake, an example of a failed African country indeed as conducted by a Havard study...
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by mediclife1987(m): 3:28pm On May 14, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
it seem u are depressed ..abi no intership position yet after dreaming of instant billion after mbbs craming..

Brother better goan rewrite your JAMB yourself if you have any shred of dignity in you.

Shameless pi.g

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by mediclife1987(m): 3:32pm On May 14, 2018
peacengine:

O boy, 2020 is too far, leave now. Don't work for that pay because someone like you will kill patients out of frustration. Go abroad, we don't want you here. Start from neighbouring Ghana if you don't have money for Western countries, from there you can get lost abroad forever.

You think I'm like you useless people that want to reap where they didn't sow? I know I need money to go abroad, and I'll endure every piece of sh..iit possible to get that money and when it's complete I'll ofcourse burn my ecowas passport to Ashes once I touchdown Heathrow.

That's d determination that comes with being a doctor.

#wediehere!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart / Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? / 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.