Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

"Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian (42546 Views)

Sango Was A King Before Becoming Deity – Alaafin Of Oyo / Emir Of Gwandu, Muhammadu Bashar: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, Cause Of Insecurity / 6 Undisputed Facts That Prove "Homosexuality" Is Demonic Possession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Reelectbuhari: 7:17am On May 10, 2018
Ayohbk:

The problem with people like you is that you don't read to understand. You just do garbage in , garbage out. The historian n never said Sango is homosexual, but a cross dresser . A cross dresser is someone that dresses as the opposite sex e.g bobrisky . And as you said yourself Sango had his hair plaited and also other things that qualified him as a cross dresser

some persons has knowledge deficit.....

cross dresser simply means homosexualism
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Goldaccumulator: 7:18am On May 10, 2018
And sanfo can't strike him?
So sango issa homo?

1 Like

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Reelectbuhari: 7:20am On May 10, 2018
godofuck231:
Sango only had his hair weaved because his wife carried the same hair do and out of fondness she herself made his hair, if he was gay he would not have been married, bum cum lesbian ghanian history classes for idiots.

story for the gods....

stop denying sango gay historys......

3 Likes

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Nobody: 7:21am On May 10, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

[s]such a hatred and obsession for igbos.....

u just leave the topic and be calling igbo igbo up and down....

the Op said sango and orunmila are gay and lesbian......u now leave the topic and start accusing others.....are u for real or have u smoked cheap weed or condemn tyres......

ur ancestors are gays and lived a sodomic life which why gays is prevalent in yoruba land....and part of their culture.....and u are here calling igbos......

Bobrisky is good example though joined with over 65% of una population that are gays....

Lesson learnt.....

sango is a gay and orunmila is lesbian....
gay is part of yoruba culture
therefore all yoruba are gays

advice

learn to stick to subject topic and stop deviating.....[/s]

Dumb, dumber, dumbest.

Try and reread my post or get someone to break it down for you.

There's no untruth in my post. So if you feel hurt, that's your headache.
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Ayohbk(m): 7:23am On May 10, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

It doesn't

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Nobody: 7:24am On May 10, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

[s]such a hatred and obsession for igbos.....

u just leave the topic and be calling igbo igbo up and down....

the Op said sango and orunmila are gay and lesbian......u now leave the topic and start accusing others.....are u for real or have u smoked cheap weed or condemn tyres......

ur ancestors are gays and lived a sodomic life which why gays is prevalent in yoruba land....and part of their culture.....and u are here calling igbos......

Bobrisky is good example though joined with over 65% of una population that are gays....

Lesson learnt.....

sango is a gay and orunmila is lesbian....
gay is part of yoruba culture
therefore all yoruba are gays

advice

learn to stick to subject topic and stop deviating.....[/s]

Get someone to explain what I said in my post.
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:26am On May 10, 2018
Mynd44:
We already know this na so she should come with something else.

It is interesting the in Yoruba there are no words for apple, pineapple and even onions (alubosa from etymology shows that it was adopted and changed for easy pronunciation) yet there are two distinct words for being gay.

You have words like adodi and adofuro meaning being homosexual has always had some place in yoruba history but what is not clear is if it was outlawed but then again, there has never being historical evidences to show anyone was punished for it.

But then again, it is never seen that people practiced it in the open either by marriage or it was socially accepted but it existed.

As for the cross-dressing, popular musician Obesere has been wearing female clothing on stage for tears so Bobrisky's antics does not even surprise me. I guess what changed is the attitude and seeming feminity of Bobrisky that draws attraction to him

Homosexuality was punishable by death in ancient African society. To pronounce the sentence on the crime you had to characterize it first. No matter how much you try, you cannot rewrite history - homosexuality is alien to most cultures of the world and most sane people.
In any case, I do not understand why there should be indigenous​ words for exotica. Apples do not grow in Africa. Is there an African word for snow ? Bear ? Maple syrup ?
Prior to colonialism was there an English word for bitter leaf soup ?

2 Likes

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by slam7000(m): 7:27am On May 10, 2018
orogodoganyin:
the same sango that had three wives? it was his last wife that plaited his hair as a show of affection between the... if any historian is saying something contrary to this, he/she can't be doing good in the field

Sango probably took his transvestism to a height.
He not only wore female clothes, his wife also plaited his hair??

Tell us something bro.

2 Likes

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:29am On May 10, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

Not surprised. You user name betrays your IQ.

1 Like

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by KangaIye: 7:29am On May 10, 2018
yeyerolling:
Adofuro cheesy cheesy.

Adodi
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by BlackPantherxXx: 7:29am On May 10, 2018
I am happy scholes0, IgbosAreOsus, 5thElement et al. schooled Mynd44 (a supposed Yoruba boy)

The anti-Yoruba rhetoric on Nairaland is shamefully high. I am often banned and my comments are deleted whenever I reply the Aba Jews in kind. Yet their slurs would be left to stand.

I wish Seun can carefully vet those in his employ. Mynd44 is often unbiased to be honest, but there's one of them that definitely pro-IPOB and anti-Yoruba....he never even hides it.

Mynd44...go and sin no more. Your comment lacked substance. AND DON'T DELETE THE POSTS SCHOOLING YOU....Those guys did a good job. It's your own post that should be hidden because it's misleading and contributes nothing meaningful

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Dareal90s(m): 7:35am On May 10, 2018
That time Yoruba's were cross dressing d Igbo's were still walking naked while their king wore leafs.
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Buffalowings3(m): 7:35am On May 10, 2018
O boy
I beg who get the whole article
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by ceaser: 7:36am On May 10, 2018
pressplay411:

How does Cross-dressing prove homosexuality?
By your analogy, Obesere must be gay right?

Why do I suspect OP is a closet queer seeking justification in his heritage. On behalf of the yoruba race, we honourably deny and disown you. Benin people, over to you, he's all yours.

Sorry. Benin people don't need him. He is being transferred to the Ikwerres.

2 Likes

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by ceaser: 7:36am On May 10, 2018
pressplay411:

How does Cross-dressing prove homosexuality?
By your analogy, Obesere must be gay right?

Why do I suspect OP is a closet queer seeking justification in his heritage. On behalf of the yoruba race, we honourably deny and disown you. Benin people, over to you, he's all yours.

Sorry. Benin people don't need him. He is being transferred to the Ikwerres.

1 Like

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by BlackPantherxXx: 7:37am On May 10, 2018
JohnXcel:
Mynd.44 is a closet bigot! Not sure if he's Igbo, but he's definitely a bigot.

I really can't believe I am defending him because I am sure I glimpsed his name several times just before I got a lengthy ban for insulting an IPOB back....

But ...I don't think Mynd is biased to be honest. It's the snake-loving Lala that I am 100% sure he is

Don't be shocked when all the CORRECT responses schooling Mynd.44 are deleted soon and the Aba Jews abusing Yoruba are left to stand. I see it a lot here

1 Like

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Dareal90s(m): 7:38am On May 10, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

story for the gods....

stop denying sango gay historys......
Just as ur Charlie Boi was a gay coz he plaits his hair, isn't he Igbo?

8 Likes

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Reelectbuhari: 7:39am On May 10, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Not surprised. You user name betrays your IQ.

I chose a username that I want.....it doesn't depict or signifies anything...

gay is gay...

1 Like

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by dadavivo: 7:39am On May 10, 2018
Truthcat:
Only a greatness can be compared to another greatness.
common get out, Afonja was a well known backstabber

3 Likes

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by SAD007(m): 7:41am On May 10, 2018
Ayohbk:

There's a popular saying that "a man who fails to know his history, .. ............... . . .... " . Stop promoting ignorance
Yeba, clear road for the -He-is-to-ri-yan-
Nigger Nigger, stop digging out shitty things, if you wanna be useful Innovate!!
and who send you to be looking for dead body history.. na waa oo
..I blame Buhari for this.

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Reelectbuhari: 7:41am On May 10, 2018
5thElement:

I don't need someone to explain meaning of gay to me

ur ancestors were gays and lesbian.....
let's focus on the topic and offer our advice as a concerned minds....

1 Like

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Reelectbuhari: 7:41am On May 10, 2018
5thElement:

I don't need someone to explain meaning of gay to me

ur ancestors were gays and lesbian.....
let's focus on the topic and offer our advice as a concerned minds....
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Reelectbuhari: 7:42am On May 10, 2018
Ayohbk:

It doesn't

Anyway sango is gay and orunmila is lesbian QED

2 Likes

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Exciton(m): 7:43am On May 10, 2018
Rickyuzzy:
Yuval Noah Harari reminded the world in his spectacular book, Sapiens, last year. Anything that can happen is by definition natural. If two women can find a way to sexual pleasure, then by the obvious evidence nature already allows it. If a man can wear what we now call ‘female clothing’ and not fall down and die because of it, then it is by nature natural. Nature allows a massive spectrum of possibilities, he reminds us; it is us humans that limit the possibilities with our fears, taboos and phobias, not nature.

But let’s still investigate the word ‘natural’. Is there anything intrinsically positive about the Natural? In the first few centuries after Christ, it was very natural for a man to have 14 children and to lose more than a dozen of them to disease, and it was very natural for bacteria to wipe off millions of people because there was none of the medicines we have now. Those were very natural. And yet here we are now, as a race, having overcome those challenges, because we found ‘unnatural’ ways to fight nature through medicine. Indeed, humanity has spent the past two million years, since man discovered fire, fighting and running away from ‘nature’. We build houses to escape the rain. We buy shaving powder to get rid of the natural hair that grows on our chins and armpits. And we have unnatural caesarian operations because sometimes nature is careless, thoughtless and pointless.

One would have to be completely brain dead to claim that pre-colonial era Africans were "pure and holy": homosexual acts were uncommon/non-existent, not until the arrival of the "evil white man".

But of course, this is Nairaland -- the world's largest agglomeration of fücking retãrds -- and this is precisely the view of the majority. grin grin

Most sub-saharan africans are just simpletons with primitive moral views based on their syncretized version of Christianity, infused with barbaric African spiritualism.

Was banned for a week for saying people are stupid, maybe it will be a year's ban this time. Haha!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Reelectbuhari: 7:45am On May 10, 2018
5thElement:

Dumb, dumber, dumbest.

Try and reread my post or get someone to break it down for you.

There's no untruth in my post. So if you feel hurt, that's your headache.

pain and headache for what reason.....

we are talking of root of gay behaviour in yoruba culture and u talking of headache.....

anyway.....sango is gay orunmila is lesbian.....QED

ur root and lineage has a bad and spitful history
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Ishilove: 7:46am On May 10, 2018
This is not news. Homosexuality is a sexual orientation that Is as old as mankind. It's abberant nature, however made it unacceptable in most societies until the 20th century when the devil began inspiring people to accept and tolerate this perversion.

However, the writer is being mischievous because the era being described did not genderlize clothing.

These gays just keep looking for validation through hook and crook, including twisting history.

4 Likes

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Nobody: 7:46am On May 10, 2018
slam7000:

Sango probably took his transvestism to a height.
He not only wore female clothes, his wife also plaited his hair??

Tell us something bro.

Can you describe the clothing worn by Yoruba women during the reign of Sango and can you describe the clothing worn by Sango himself?

If you can do that I'll know that you aren't truly ignorant.

Igbo men tie wrapper alongside their wives, does that make all of them transvestites?

Scottish men wear skirts traditionally, does that make them transvestites?

Please don't let us abuse the fact that we all have access to the internet. Do some research before you post.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Nobody: 7:47am On May 10, 2018
Mynd44:
We already know this na so she should come with something else.

It is interesting the in Yoruba there are no words for apple, pineapple and even onions (alubosa from etymology shows that it was adopted and changed for easy pronunciation) yet there are two distinct words for being gay.

You have words like adodi and adofuro meaning being homosexual has always had some place in yoruba history but what is not clear is if it was outlawed but then again, there has never being historical evidences to show anyone was punished for it.

But then again, it is never seen that people practiced it in the open either by marriage or it was socially accepted but it existed.

As for the cross-dressing, popular musician Obesere has been wearing female clothing on stage for tears so Bobrisky's antics does not even surprise me. I guess what changed is the attitude and seeming feminity of Bobrisky that draws attraction to him

On what premise did you ascribe adodi & adofuro to homosexual act. What if these words were in reference to anal sex with the opposite sex?

Also, the journal article’s writer falls flat in that the period during which Sango existed, the Yoruba people were yet to genderlize cloth. Allotment of cloth or dress patterns to sex did not begin until contact with Europeans and localization of Christianity with the aladura movements.

The lady’s argument (as well as yours) is total BS when placed under the lenses of proper history.

6 Likes

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Reelectbuhari: 7:48am On May 10, 2018
Dareal90s:

Just as ur Charlie Boi was a gay coz he plaits his hair, isn't he Igbo?

what is the problem with all of u.....eehhhhhh

this yoruba boys

we are talking of sango being gay and orunmila bein lesbian and how rooted sodomy is in yoruba land....u are here talking abstract to real topic......

lolzzzz....u guys are really funny

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Eze Eri & His Chiefs Wearing Jewish Apparel (Photos) / Ayan De First-Mr Culture Performs For King Charles III For The 3rd Time / Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.