Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

"Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian (42656 Views)

Sango Was A King Before Becoming Deity – Alaafin Of Oyo / Emir Of Gwandu, Muhammadu Bashar: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, Cause Of Insecurity / 6 Undisputed Facts That Prove "Homosexuality" Is Demonic Possession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by JAMESOJAY: 9:28am On May 10, 2018
Sango is a coward grin grin tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:28am On May 10, 2018
5thElement:

Then we can only hope to have more like you on this forum maybe sanity will reign then.
This Forum is overrun by kids formerly on the 2go platform.
The are just interested in gathering likes by causing tribal e-wars and gathering likes.

If their was another platform to meet like minded people and discuss discreetly, I would have since left this platform.

2 Likes

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Nobody: 9:32am On May 10, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

This Forum is overrun by kids formerly on the 2go platform.
The are just interested in gathering likes by causing tribal e-wars and gathering likes.

If their was another platform to meet like minded people and discuss discreetly, I would have since left this platform.

Unfortunately the social media doesn't provide means for screening such immature minds
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by jrusky(m): 9:32am On May 10, 2018
So those roman soldiers during Jesus era are all homosexual right

But may I ask this question why is that some people are just born stupid What kind of post is this early morning. So the igbo and some delta elders that tied wrapper are homosexual Or is tying of wrapper a man costume Pls the poster of this thread can't you think before posting this stupid post.

Pls proof me wrong if igbo, Delta elders don't cross dress Is wrapper a man dress I can hear some idiots calling bobrisky or whatever he called himself what about numbers of time we read here an igbo guy who is a gay so what about that? Or you forget when one igbo guy in Canada was threatening Yul Edochie in gay drama a year back and host of others?

Mr poster I don't know you and I don't care who the hell you are I'm a blunt person I'm not here for like or share tick but tell you to your face reality I think your write up is disgusting, babaric, lack merit, tribalistic, senseless and silly because you were not born in Sango era to determined what his sex orietantion was. I hate when people deliberately disguise to attack people's tribe it annoys me so get lost with your nonsense weird, misinformed thrash. No apology pls

2 Likes

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Tinalex(f): 9:36am On May 10, 2018
So this is it. Different doctrines is now arising in different shapes and colors just to justify the new age. If you read a lot you will find yourself confused as to the real truth of things in this our planet earth. Trumpet should sound jor
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Olu317(m): 9:43am On May 10, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

Sango is gay and orunmila is lesbian

then after decades and centuries

their proud children like bobrisky, bisi alimi are touring the paths of their ancestors........

God forbid.....how can someones ancestors like ass.....heeeeeeee

Are you for real? grin I have seen another clownish being again on NL. Can a man be LESBIAN? May be I don't understand English anymore. Kindly explain, how can a man (Orunmila) be Lesbian....? angry grin cheesy.
Lord have mercy on Reelectbuhari.No wonder , your monicker speaks well of your information grin
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Nobody: 9:44am On May 10, 2018
unknownsolja:
you dont mean it are you telling me homosexuality and yorubas is like 5&6..i laugh in chinese

Woman-to-woman marriage can be found across the African continent among various ethnic groups, with slight differences in norms and practices.
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by emmysoftyou: 9:45am On May 10, 2018
Dareal90s:
That time Yoruba's were cross dressing d Igbo's were still walking naked while their king wore leafs.
hahaha...the igbos was gini.

you adodi Abi Na furo.

1 Like

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by fucktoto: 10:14am On May 10, 2018
i hate to involve myself in a discourse like this, especially when it has involved tribal bashing and jingoism between yoruba and igbo. but let me just state clearly that homosexuality has been in practice since the beginning of the world. before the contemporary africa, however, the practice was forbidden and those caught in the act were either exiled or publicly executed. so, gays and lesbians were closeted - they had to do it in secret or suffer the consequence.

secondly, i don't believe in sango, amadioha or any other gods apart from the One i serve. but if sango and amadioha ever existed, would they rather be depicted as deities wearing t-shirts, bow ties and trousers? even Christ was not depicted that way as such was not their way of life. and, traditionally, shirt and tie are not our way of dressing; africans wear wrappers and beads.

finally, if your only reason for calling sango gay is because he braided his hair, what about the greek gods? were they also homosexuals? abi were they not all gods? (see pictures attached)

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7089621_images59_jpeg8fd6969b557bcbba57d2d6347417fcfa

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7089622_images58_jpeg2c7739ae0f507b8ba04163097d7ca20a

that one unknown idiot from ghana pulled an assertion from her hairy, black, diildo-ridden pussy just to validate her cursed orientation is not enough reason for us to conclude and join her in her stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:18am On May 10, 2018
It's moronic to claim the white man brought homosexuality to any culture. Homosexuality is as old as human civilization and exists in every culture as long as it has humans. There are, have always been and will always be a small minority of people wired differently with what you might call deviant desires. It's as silly as an argument I once had with my mum when she was supporting a priest who sent a lady out of the church for wearing a dress that exposed her shoulders and she was talking about the vile influence of the West on our culture and how young girls dress and I simply asked her what her ancestors dressed like and she was suddenly mute. It's hilarious that in a cesspit of moral decay like Nigeria where nothing works because Nigerians are the most deeply dishonest, corrupt people on the planet, you have Nigerians who think they are morally superior to the West. grin

4 Likes

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by CSTR1003: 10:29am On May 10, 2018
I thought it was a Ghanaian historian that produced this research.
Why am I seeing igbos being mentioned everywhere?
Is there a need to validate your Yoruba existence through igbo eyes?
Igbos barely knew that yorubas existed in pre colonial times.
This shitt is funny.

3 Likes

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Reelectbuhari: 10:38am On May 10, 2018
Olu317:
Are you for real? grin I have seen another clownish being again on NL. Can a man be LESBIAN? May be I don't understand English anymore. Kindly explain, how can a man (Orunmila) be Lesbian....? angry grin cheesy.
Lord have mercy on Reelectbuhari.No wonder , your monicker speaks well of your information grin

please I don't hv strength whether am clownish or not

the fact remains ur ancestors were sodomite........

sango gay.....jesus....how can the gods people worship be gay....

pls just pray that God will bring salvation upon u and ur family with evil associated with sodomy

remember sodom and gomorrah
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Reelectbuhari: 10:40am On May 10, 2018
[quote author=5thElement post=67435907][/quote]

just go and take paracetamol.......

history has eroded ur memory and I will be the last to educate u....

meanwhile someone in SW

sango is a sodomite.........ass lashers
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Nobody: 10:42am On May 10, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

just go and take paracetamol.......

history has eroded ur memory and I will be the last to educate u....

meanwhile someone in SW

sango is a sodomite.........ass lashers

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Reelectbuhari: 10:46am On May 10, 2018
[quote author=5thElement post=67437969][/quote]

typical of an average yoruba educated child but stark illiterate......

u hv ran ideas.... solutions to homosexual life bedevilling yoruba community........Mr

2 Likes

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Reelectbuhari: 10:50am On May 10, 2018
jrusky:
So those roman soldiers during Jesus era are all homosexual right

But may I ask this question why is that some people are just born stupid What kind of post is this early morning. So the igbo and some delta elders that tied wrapper are homosexual Or is tying of wrapper a man costume Pls the poster of this thread can't you think before posting this stupid post.

Pls proof me wrong if igbo, Delta elders don't cross dress Is wrapper a man dress I can hear some idiots calling bobrisky or whatever he called himself what about numbers of time we read here an igbo guy who is a gay so what about that? Or you forget when one igbo guy in Canada was threatening Yul Edochie in gay drama a year back and host of others?

Mr poster I don't know you and I don't care who the hell you are I'm a blunt person I'm not here for like or share tick but tell you to your face reality I think your write up is disgusting, babaric, lack merit, tribalistic, senseless and silly because you were not born in Sango era to determined what his sex orietantion was. I hate when people deliberately disguise to attack people's tribe it annoys me so get lost with your nonsense weird, misinformed thrash. No apology pls

oga u just a bigot......
nobody called or even the writer didn't mention igbo here......

he only said that sango is gay ie a sodomite.....and bobrisky and bisi alimi is living upto the footsteps of their ancestors.....

do u hv hard times in understanding a simple English without been a bigot.

1 Like

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Reelectbuhari: 10:55am On May 10, 2018
CSTR1003:
I thought it was a Ghanaian historian that produced this research.

Why am I seeing igbos being mentioned everywhere?

Is there a need to validate your Yoruba existence through igbo eyes?

Igbos barely knew that yorubas existed in pre colonial times.

This shitt is funny.

my broda I tire for this yoruba boys.....

they created a thread instead of dealing with issues raised about sango sodomic life......

they started calling igbo up and down......is like if they don't call igbo any day they won't rest.

2 Likes

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Nobody: 10:55am On May 10, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

typical of an average yoruba educated child but stark illiterate......

u hv ran ideas.... solutions to homosexual life bedevilling yoruba community........Mr

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Reelectbuhari: 10:57am On May 10, 2018
[quote author=5thElement post=67438381][/quote]

May God deliver sango from eternal torment in hell.......i will still pray for him and as for u defending a gay.....may ur end be like in the days of sodom and gomorrah
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Nobody: 11:26am On May 10, 2018
emmysoftyou:
is it the one they called eleduwa? Oga all this na lies jare..

Yoruba are disputing the fact sha..
Lies huh? No smoke without fire.
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by budaatum: 11:58am On May 10, 2018
Ishilove:
as old as mankind. ..... until the 20th century
What happened in between, Ishi? No homosexuality?
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by monex(m): 12:13pm On May 10, 2018
5thElement:

Every Nigerian on Nairaland is a tribal bigot including you. And that also includes those who laugh and smile privately in approval when the other tribe is being bashed.

Because some of us refuse to be cowered by your lack of tact and sensitivity doesn't make us worse than the rest of you.

I can't see anywhere in this thread where you've admonished your brothers to stop their attacks despite the fact that they started it.

Always forming persecution when the attack gets too hot.

funny i just saw that it was your post I even commented on when admonishing an igbo tribal bigot.

I am not igbo and I stand by my earlier statement that the anti-igbo rhetoric is worse

1 Like

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by cyprex: 12:31pm On May 10, 2018
coldsummer:
People condemn homosexuality when it's covinient.

Most of people saying kill them are either two or bisexual

But trust Nigerians, of all the problems in that country, they are more concerned about homosexuality.

Since we have many problem to deal with, we choose to start with homosexuality. We must deal with it.
It then means we are doing something and we shall by God's grace deal with all the problems.
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Moneywomen17(m): 12:33pm On May 10, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

my broda I tire for this yoruba boys.....

they created a thread instead of dealing with issues raised about sango sodomic life......

they started calling igbo up and down......is like if they don't call igbo any day they won't rest.
nobody started calling ibo up and down. Ibo briught their name to the thread. So stop crying and enjoy the attention u want.

1 Like

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by cyprex: 12:34pm On May 10, 2018
fucktoto:
i hate to involve myself in a discourse like this, especially when it has involved tribal bashing and jingoism between yoruba and igbo. but let me just state clearly that homosexuality has been in practice since the beginning of the world. before the contemporary africa, however, the practice was forbidden and those caught in the act were either exiled or publicly executed. so, gays and lesbians were closeted - they had to do it in secret or suffer the consequence.

secondly, i don't believe in sango, amadioha or any other gods apart from the One i serve. but if sango and amadioha ever existed, would they rather be depicted as deities wearing t-shirts, bow ties and trousers? even Christ was not depicted that way as such was not their way of life. and, traditionally, shirt and tie are not our way of dressing; africans wear wrappers and beads.

finally, if your only reason for calling sango gay is because he braided his hair, what about the greek gods? were they also homosexuals? abi were they not all gods? (see pictures attached)

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7089621_images59_jpeg8fd6969b557bcbba57d2d6347417fcfa

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7089622_images58_jpeg2c7739ae0f507b8ba04163097d7ca20a

that one unknown idiot from ghana pulled an assertion from her hairy, black, diildo-ridden pussy just to validate her cursed orientation is not enough reason for us to conclude and join her in her stupidity.

This is incisive.
It is expository.
I am proud of your effort.

Thank you
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by fx45(m): 12:52pm On May 10, 2018
5thElement:
...what with the women possessing abundant male hormones enough to make them look masculine and very hairy
And yet 95% of all Yoruba men alive today would gladly wipe off their entire lineage just to marry an Igbo woman. Look at the recent noise about town... It is still another unfortunate Yoruba man that cannot contain himself because of an Igbo girl. It is becoming very disheartening that almost every Yoruba man alive today aspires to have an Igbo wife. It is your greatest achievement. Such shame of a nation!

2 Likes

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by AAinEqGuinea: 12:58pm On May 10, 2018
Homosexuality was never a issue until most Africans learned of either Christianity or Islam. It was and in many cases remains acceptable to practice cannibalism, selling brides, and human sacrifices... but somehow many cultural idealists want to conclude that homosexuality was going too far. Yea fkn right.

African soil-sexuals:
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=190_1421003554
But now we think God of the bible said it was sin to spill and waste your seed on the earth.

1 Like

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 10, 2018
SoapQueen:
Effects of too much freedom and boredom.

Professor Ajibade is so my lecturer! He's highly learned, I'm so happy he'll be taking me Yoruba culture this session.
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by KingSango(m): 1:09pm On May 10, 2018
Mujtahida:

Doubtless homosexuality existed in Africa before the coming of the white man but most times it was for juju as in the witch doctors practiced it. It wasn't normative and wasn't advocated for as a lifestyle.

Exactly, sodomy is an occult practice. Sodomite means male cult prostitute.

There is no proof Sango was a sodomite. There were no trousers or pants in precolonial Nigeria.

The people behind homosexual propagsnda are not homosexual but sodomites who belong to various nefarious cults.

www.theriseofsodom..com

Ase

Love Sango

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by bintin001(f): 1:18pm On May 10, 2018
Mynd44:
We already know this na so she should come with something else.

It is interesting the in Yoruba there are no words for apple, pineapple and even onions (alubosa from etymology shows that it was adopted and changed for easy pronunciation) yet there are two distinct words for being gay.

You have words like adodi and adofuro meaning being homosexual has always had some place in yoruba history but what is not clear is if it was outlawed but then again, there has never being historical evidences to show anyone was punished for it.

But then again, it is never seen that people practiced it in the open either by marriage or it was socially accepted but it existed.

As for the cross-dressing, popular musician Obesere has been wearing female clothing on stage for tears so Bobrisky's antics does not even surprise me. I guess what changed is the attitude and seeming feminity of Bobrisky that draws attraction to him

I'd like to make the following points:

1) Just because a word exists in a language does not necessarily mean it is descriptive of the people or their actions. The word "Oyinbo" proves my point--it exists the Yoruba language but is definitely not descriptive of the people or anything related to them.

2) It is very likely that gods--orishas like sango were homosexuals. BUT they're certainly not of the seed of man! NOT human. Orishas descended from heaven...

3)... homosexuals are not human--not of the seed of man(at least those who initiated it and taught it to man)...as evidenced in the bible: fallen angels, the men of Sodom and Gomorrah who wanted to have sex with angels who came in the form of man; fallen angels depicted in Greek mythology(Titans) were a product of beings who descended from heaven and man.

Moreso, contemporary culture also depicts aliens(fallen angels) as people who like to probe the anus...pretty glaring! :/

It's well established that homosexuals are not of the seed of man. So yeah, it's quite likely sango was a homosexual being, but that does not support a claim that it's of Yoruba.
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 1:27pm On May 10, 2018
Iamoluwaslim:

Professor Ajibade is so my lecturer! He's highly learned, I'm so happy he'll be taking me Yoruba culture this session.
Check our signature in blue here below and you will be better enlightened. Then, do not hesitate contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link...
Re: "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian by Dareal90s(m): 1:27pm On May 10, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

bad child education.....
I don't want to dwell on who develop lagos....

but pls go down to ogun state/ lag boundary.....check who own all the whole houses there and land......na igbos in which my own family is a land owner....

no go hustle.....dey dia dey claim yoruba......by God's grace soon I go buy my own land there.....

just tell ur brodas wanting to associate me that I don't need them......dey are disturbing me.....pest all over me......

I rather bring any igbo from home that take in yoruba again........

una neva see.......
Mr man am from Ogun state, you can't tell me about my state, Ogun ppl have money, most of the companies/industries there belongs to Yoruba's nd whites, Igbo have nothing in Ogun state, so nw u wan run away from lag enter Ogun, we don't want u, u just wan buy land wen Ive already reach lintel, mumu u think am selling gala, go to ur state u refuse, y can't u dream of buying a land in ur village, di*k head

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 / Eze Eri & His Chiefs Wearing Jewish Apparel (Photos) / Yoruba Dad Teaching His Biracial Kids Yoruba Language (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.