Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,587 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? (23238 Views)

Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters / Consumers Kick As FG Raises Prices Of Prepaid Meters / NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:50am On May 15, 2018
futurism:
whatever bros... grandpa, great grandpa and my ancestor's ancestor grin
atoh
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by neonly: 8:40am On May 15, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
still cheaper than petrol or diesel gen
or darkness or estimated bill.what do you maintain in inverter me man.is it car that need servicing.electronics have no moving parts
see if you prefer being magaed.outs not by force
continue making nepa officials rich with your sweat
With what you justposted it show u are not an engineer or have used any of dis garget I mention
Batteries have life span I know
Batteries are very expensive
Any spark from wires in d house results in damages
U can't use iron ac except I use over 100kv inver.
u not just getting it all dis garget are for subtitles not permanent

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by futurism: 9:15am On May 15, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
atoh
ozwuo grin
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by 7lives: 10:32am On May 15, 2018
futurism:
Good.... you just answered what I had asked above. So the none availability is politics.

I had a reason for asking. Thanks.

Corruption NOT politics.
And if you believe there is no meter, you are on your own.
Card meter is available in the electric companies stores, the electric companies and their workers are the ones, who makes sure you don't have one.
People NEED to rise up against the DRACONIAN billing system simple.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by 7lives: 10:47am On May 15, 2018
futurism:
lol... and we say we can really get constant power supply? That will NEVER happen in the next 100 YEARS!

Yeye dey smell, go to Ago Okota axis, na 24hr light.
Every house in this axis is on prepaid meter, no light no money, simple as abc.
Nigerians NEEDS to learn to BLOCK financial loopholes, I know those who pay as much as 35k on monthly basis because they sell cold drinks.
I told them to FIGHT for prepaid meters, but they were being LIED to by the power distribution officials.
The same people that are in charge of electricity are in charge of petrol and generators, they are also in charge of the generator spare parts.
The earlier people understand this the better.
FIGHT AND GET a prepaid meter this is the ONLY way out.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by 7lives: 10:54am On May 15, 2018
damola1:
I just paid 100k to get prepaid meter.
Say na who die na, I got mine for 25k, plus wiring and bribe 10k.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by 7lives: 10:58am On May 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:
"From the benefit of hindsight and historically, most distribution of power sectors realised that when you introduce prepaid meters, revenue drops. Because it is prepaid, people get conscious of consumption and they thereby reduce usage. Then we discovered that prepayment leads to more bypassing. If we meter the distribution transformers, at least we can audit and know what energy has gone to a particular area and from there we can then see the bills that have not been issued. We will know that within that locality there is an issue and we can then send our team to go and look at what is happening. We have decided to do a mix: post-paid metering, prepaid metering and also metering the distribution transformers. By this, we will be able to have real case scenarios."

shocked

Rubbish make dem upgrade their technology na.
So because some people are bypassing, those who don't have prepaid meters should pay crazy bills?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by 7lives: 11:01am On May 15, 2018
olubankemi:
Get yourself updated. Soon some private contractors called MAPs - meter access providers will be licensed to sell prepaid meters . It's soon going to be like you going out there to buy a sim card.

They were supposed to start functioning April 28 but politics is holding them back.

Even Phcn in my area is going out there ones they've being keeping free.

This is what is happening in Angola at the moment, people buy prepaid meters like they buy phones and call the electric companies to come and connect them to electricity.
The problem with NIGERIA is greed and nothing more.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by 7lives: 11:10am On May 15, 2018
blank:

That's because you're a crook. You're part of the people spoiling the power sector so no need to look towards govt because it is made up with people like you. People who are always looking for a shortcut for the system not to work. You can justify yourself to your praise singers who do not know better but you know what you are proposing is stealing electricity no matter how you term it.

It's because of people like you that the disco's think they are losing money on prepaid and are not ready to continue to fund it. After all, anyone can now buy meters. Keep channeling the money into your slush fund.

NERC have made a rule that anyone can buy meters. So, why not go to the disco, get their spec and buy it. Give it to them to fix and integrate into their system.

Abeg make we hear word, will they EVER sell meter when they can JUST bill people without giving them light.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by futurism: 11:12am On May 15, 2018
7lives:

Yeye dey smell, go to Ago Okota axis, na 24hr light.
Every house in this axis is on prepaid meter, no light no money, simple as abc.
Nigerians NEEDS to learn to BLOCK financial loopholes, I know those who pay as much as 35k on monthly basis because they sell cold drinks.
I told them to FIGHT for prepaid meters, but they were being LIED to by the power distribution officials.
The same people that are in charge of electricity are in charge of petrol and generators, they are also in charge of the generator spare parts.
The earlier people understand this the better.
FIGHT AND GET a prepaid meter this is the ONLY way out.
Bros, thanks for the input. it is a huge scam and lie!
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by futurism: 11:15am On May 15, 2018
7lives:

Abeg make we hear word, will they EVER sell meter when they can JUST bill people without giving them light.
bros, don't waste your time on that witch. She is probably profiting from the estimated billing. What is her point of argument if i may ask?
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by blank(f): 12:51pm On May 15, 2018
futurism:
bros, don't waste your time on that witch. She is probably profiting from the estimated billing. What is her point of argument if i may ask?

You're a crook and a thief. That's the crux of my argument.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 15, 2018
"PHED Orders One Million Digital Electric Meters from Akwa Ibom Meter Factory"

https://www.wetinhappen.com.ng/phed-orders-one-million-digital-electric-meters-from-akwa-ibom-meter-factory/
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by 7lives: 2:06pm On May 15, 2018
blank:

And the ones going around FORCEFULLY EXTORTING money through crazy bills are government empowered thieves?.
If the power distribution companies are not FLEECING the customers, there would have been no NEED for any other source ok.
In a state of lawlessness, it is illegal to be law abiding.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by futurism: 2:54pm On May 15, 2018
blank:

enter lagoon
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by laudate: 4:24pm On May 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:
"From the benefit of hindsight and historically, most distribution of power sectors realised that when you introduce prepaid meters, revenue drops. Because it is prepaid, people get conscious of consumption and they thereby reduce usage. Then we discovered that prepayment leads to more bypassing. If we meter the distribution transformers, at least we can audit and know what energy has gone to a particular area and from there we can then see the bills that have not been issued. We will know that within that locality there is an issue and we can then send our team to go and look at what is happening. We have decided to do a mix: post-paid metering, prepaid metering and also metering the distribution transformers. By this, we will be able to have real case scenarios."

shocked

Again, metering only the distribution transformers has a flaw. sad If one transformer serves 15 houses, are we saying that each house will have the same number of electronic/electrical gadgets, and will consume the exact same kilowatts of power? How will power consumption within each house or flat be tracked, to ensure one house is not being cheated by another? If Mr. A's house has 12 appliances, and Mr. B's house has 4 gadgets, and they are both connected to the same metered transformer, how will the bills be shared? shocked

It is much better for each house to have its own pre-paid meter for easy reliable assessment, and tracking of electricity consumption undecided. Such meters should also come with anti-tampering device, or tamper-proof cases and software, to ensure that power supply is cut off, immediately such pre-paid meters are fiddled with, by unauthorised persons. And an enforcement unit from the DISCO should follow up promptly, to investigate and rectify such things.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 15, 2018
laudate:

Again, metering only the distribution transformers has a flaw. sad If one transformer serves 15 houses, are we saying that each house will have the same number of electronic/electrical gadgets, and will consume the exact same kilowatts of power? How will power consumption within each house or flat be tracked, to ensure one house is not being cheated by another? If Mr. A's house has 12 appliances, and Mr. B's house has 4 gadgets, and they are both connected to the same metered transformer, how will the bills be shared? shocked

It is much better for each house to have its own pre-paid meter for easy reliable assessment, and tracking of electricity consumption undecided. Such meters should also come with anti-tampering device, or tamper-proof cases and software, to ensure that power supply is cut off, immediately such pre-paid meters are fiddled with, by unauthorised persons. And an enforcement unit from the DISCO should follow up promptly, to investigate and rectify such things.

You’re missing the point.

If transformer says 2,000 kilowatts were disbursed then the total of all bills from houses served by that transformer should be near 2,000 kilowatts.

Any major deviation means that an electric rustler is there grin
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by laudate: 4:39pm On May 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:
You’re missing the point.

If transformer says 2,000 kilowatts were disbursed then the total of all bills from houses served by that transformer should be near 2,000 kilowatts.

Any major deviation means that an electric rustler is there grin
Egbon, I get your point, but you seem to be missing my point. How will the bills for the 2,000 kilowatts be shared among each of the houses? In what proportion? Will it be shared equally, when the consumption is not identical? That would be unfair. undecided

Metering the distribution transformer, will only make sense if each house also has a pre-paid meter!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 15, 2018
laudate:

Egbon, I get your point, but you seem to be missing my point. How will the bills for the 2,000 kilowatts be shared among each of the houses? In what proportion? Will it be shared equally, when the consumption is not identical? That would be unfair. undecided

Metering the distribution transformer, will only make sense if each house also has a pre-paid meter!

You’re still not getting it, Sir.

Transformer will have meter and so will houses, either pre or post paid.

The combination of all those houses served must match the output from the transformer meter, relatively.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 15, 2018
laudate:

Total reading from transformer 4000wh
Total reading from prepaid meters 1000wh
Divide the 3000wh among the unmetered consumers
Profit
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by laudate: 6:16pm On May 15, 2018
oyb:
Profit

It is still wrong to have unmetered customers, as fraudulent bills will be allocated to them. In what proportion will the 3,000 kw you just quoted be shared to unmetered customers?

Ideally, it should be 1,000 kw reading at distribution transformer = 1,000 kw reading at pre-paid meters in houses/offices. sad No need for long story.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 15, 2018
oyb:

Profit

Total reading from transformer 4, 000wh
Total reading from prepaid meters 1,000wh
Total reading from postpaid meters 3,000wh

But 4,000wh @ Nx1/wh
Sell @ Nx2/wh

Profit = Nx1/wh

Let’s work on holding them accountable to giving out meters.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 15, 2018
laudate:

It is still wrong to have unmetered customers, as fraudulent pre-paid bills will be allocated to them. In what proportion will the 3,000 kw you just quoted be shared to unmetered customers?

Ideally, it should be 1,000 kw reading at distribution transformer = 1,000 kw reading at pre-paid meters in houses/offices. sad No need for long story.

What I posted is exactly what happens. There is energy theft everywhere. They have no way of countering it, so they pass it to the unmetered.

They reconcile energy that can be accounted for and share the bills for the unaccounted energy as crazy bills. There is a method to the madness

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:28pm On May 15, 2018
neonly:

With what you justposted it show u are not an engineer or have used any of dis garget I mention
are you a writer
why are you writing on nairaland since by ur thinking only writers shud write

Batteries have life span I know
Batteries are very expensive
nepa bill is more expensive

Any spark from wires in d house results in damages
U can't use iron ac except I use over 100kv inver.
iron uses 1.5 kva max
are you a professional ironer that irons24 hours
kerosen and charcoal iron de

u not just getting it all dis garget are for subtitles not permanent
what is a subtitle
outta gadget not garget
if you want to continue buying private jet for nepa ppl,be my guest
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 15, 2018
oyb:

What I posted is exactly what happens. There is energy theft everywhere. They have no way of countering it, so they pass it to the unmetered.

They reconcile energy that can be accounted for and share the bills for the unaccounted energy as crazy bills. There is a method to the madness

Which comes back to the ideology that the average Nigerian has thieving DNA in its genes.

I don’t think we can be fixed really.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by XaintJoel20: 11:14pm On May 15, 2018
Josh44s:

Now you are talking. I even called BEDC official hotline so many times for them to send someone but nobody cares. So, I lock up and start using free light. Dem nova born the PHCN official wey go get mind enter my yard come check my meter to see if it’s reading.

If them know this your tori no go hold water oooooh

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Josh44s(m): 11:41pm On May 15, 2018
XaintJoel20:

If them know this your tori no go hold water oooooh

Guy you have no idea how frustrating it is to load meter 4K every one and half week. The thing dey read like seconds in engine clock.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Nobody: 12:04am On May 16, 2018
Josh44s:

Guy you have no idea how frustrating it is to load meter 4K every one and half week. The thing dey read like seconds in engine clock.

Have you considered that you may have a faulty appliance?

Maybe do an audit of each plugged equipment.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Nobody: 12:16am On May 16, 2018
Josh44s:

what do you have in your house?

are you sure no one is stealing energy from you?
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Josh44s(m): 12:17am On May 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Have you considered that you may have a faulty appliance?

Maybe do an audit of each plugged equipment.

The only appliances I use is my Tv, home theatre, DSTv decoder and PS4. Every bulb in my house is 15 watts low energy bulbs. Water heater I tapped directly. My fridge and A.C is are LG Gencool low energy consumption and still na direct current and not even the meter. So what’s eating the stupid unit?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Josh44s(m): 12:18am On May 16, 2018
oyb:

My broda I don tire i swear. I don check thoroughly. The thing tire me
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Josh44s(m): 12:19am On May 16, 2018
oyb:

My broda I don tire i swear. I don check thoroughly. The thing tire me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jack Dorsey With Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala In Nigeria / Prominent Politicians Who Defected To APC After May 29 / #NeverBelieveOBJ Trending On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.