Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,996 members, 7,828,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

"We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics (56620 Views)

UBA Burnt And Burgled In Akwa Ibom Over Naira Scarcity (Video) / Buhari's Statement On The Release Of Kankara Schoolboys / Ekiti 2018: Fayose Reacts To Buhari’s Statement On Fayemi’s Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by adeabimbola700(m): 11:35am On May 14, 2018
Sent.... check your account balance... �
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:37am On May 14, 2018
EzeDiEgo1:

This is total nonsense display by Fools in Nigeria

How many times you see people in Developed country expressing their disappointment or opinion like this, rather what they will do is to protest against their government.

I strongly believe Nigerians will never rise or develop beyond this level again

EzeDiEgo1, Ome na $$1 of Imo state

Who still protest now Teargas is back baby!

Ask his critics how far undecided ask Dino Malaye and Obi Ezekwesili hiw far

Besides how many of the protest made so far has been addressed

Nigeria will not develop because of people like you!

You act as if you are not Nigerians or you do not live in Nigeria undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by Apina(m): 11:38am On May 14, 2018
sexdoll:
physical laziness is not the same thing as intellectual/mental laziness

most of our youths may not be physically lazy

but...

majority of our youths are intellectually lazy.

Just take a second look at those billboards.

Can you see something that is totally wrong and even disturbing with that advert?

Someone is telling someone to give him or her a job to prove that he or she is not lazy

But in a vibrant society where there are so many youths who are not intellectually lazy, their youths don't go about asking people/government to give them jobs.

Their youths go about creating those jobs for themselves.

That's just the difference!!!
One of my teachers back in secondary school always told us "understanding the question, is part of the exam". The over 3 million jobs lost in 2017 was a resultant effect of what? The Massacre in benue which has lead to many fleeing their homes and including the "intellectually lazy youths" who have no means of livelihood in the IDP camps boils down to what? The developed nations u speak of, do they have such basic chllenges as we do? Who is then to blame? Trump through his tax policy created over two million jobs, in what way has the government brought bout something good outaide recession?

est ex nihilo nihil fieri-nothing can exist out of nothing.
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by Nobody: 11:40am On May 14, 2018
the integrity-deficient anscestor is a WELL PACKAGED DISASTER! ...never will I fall for his scams again!

I CAN'T WAIT TO UN-VOTE the redundant dude!
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by Nobody: 11:42am On May 14, 2018
Because of APC and president Buhari's lies, I don't know if I can believe any Nigerian elders till the death of Nigeria.

Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by Cyriloha(m): 11:44am On May 14, 2018
omowolewa:
Humm! A job was just created for the Bill Board producer, minus it from 3million.

But seriously, they created enough jobs but for themselves.

Where us your senses boy they created nothing
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by Cyriloha(m): 11:46am On May 14, 2018
One bottle of long live portion for you bro
You will live long
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by Cyriloha(m): 11:47am On May 14, 2018
Shut up biko

You have nothing to say

I never beat woman before but if I slap you eeehhhh you inner most sense will increase
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by Therealev: 11:47am On May 14, 2018
You should add "In a conducive and tolerant environment". You speak of the creation of job like once you cast a spell, a job is created. In those places, the environment allows it.

- You cant write your program in peace without being harassed here because they think it's only yahoo boys that work on pc. As if that's not enough, considering the amount of time you need to write a full program, you dont have the electric power as much as you would want to, the little amount of money you have, you burn it on fuel.

- How many banks provide loans for undergraduates that could enable or fund a start up assuming I want to start one? If you don't have collateral or a strong connection, I wonder how you going to get a chance.

- You don't have an idea of business proposals that has been tossed in the bin. If you are to submit a proposal in a Govt parastatal, it's either you have the backing of a godfather, you accompany it with a fat envelope or your proposal doesn't leave the secretary's table.

- And if you have a business concept, try taking it to these big firms, they'll either steal it from you without funding it or tell you it's trash then later implement it. In some cases if you're lucky, they'll buy it outrightly from you, hence you can't run it by yourself and they won't fund it.

I can go on and on in regards to this, but to what end? It won't change jack. And I'm not speaking from assumptions, they're first hand experiences. If these things are checked and they fall in place, trust me most Nigerian youths are mentally strong and creative, they'll make something happen. I am a Nigerian Youth and I am not Lazy!

sexdoll:
physical laziness is not the same thing as intellectual/mental laziness

most of our youths may not be physically lazy

but...

majority of our youths are intellectually lazy.

Just take a second look at those billboards.

Can you see something that is totally wrong and even disturbing with that advert?

Someone is telling someone to give him or her a job to prove that he or she is not lazy

But in a vibrant society where there are so many youths who are not intellectually lazy, their youths don't go about asking people/government to give them jobs.

Their youths go about creating those jobs for themselves.

That's just the difference!!!

1 Like

Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by EzeDiEgo1: 11:50am On May 14, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

Who still protest now Teargas is back baby!

Ask his critics how far undecided ask Dino Malaye and Obi Ezekwesili hiw far

Besides how many of the protest made so far has been addressed

Nigeria will not develop because of people like you!

You act as if you are not Nigerians or you do not live in Nigeria undecided
I was born in Biafra land.

LAND OF THE RISING SUN
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by askorlogy: 11:50am On May 14, 2018
biacan:
How APC brainwashed Nigerians into power is unimaginable sad They've learned their lessons the hard way.....
(

Nobody has learnt anything. In Kaduna even in Oyo people are still voting for APC. Prepare for harder times!!!
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by BrainArk(m): 11:51am On May 14, 2018
EzeDiEgo1:

How many times you see people in Developed country expressing their disappointment or opinion like this, rather what they will do is to protest against their government.

Stop trying to sound as if you are wise, in America they do worse than this. Haven't you see billboard portraying trump in an ridiculous manner. It is just part of the way people portray their dissatisfaction towards the government.
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by sexdoll: 11:57am On May 14, 2018
Therealev:
You should add "In a conducive and tolerant environment". You speak of the creation of job like once you cast a spell, a job is created. In those places, the environment allows it.

- You cant write your program in peace without being harassed here because they think it's only yahoo boys that work on pc. As if that's not enough, considering the amount of time you need to write a full program, you dont have the electric power as much as you would want to, the little amount of money you have, you burn it on fuel.

- How many banks provide loans for undergraduates that could enable or fund a start up assuming I want to start one? If you don't have collateral or a strong connection, I wonder how you going to get a chance.

- You don't have an idea of business proposals that has been tossed in the bin. If you are to submit a proposal in a Govt parastatal, it's either you have the backing of a godfather, you accompany it with a fat envelope or your proposal doesn't leave the secretary's table.

- And if you have a business concept, try taking it to these big firms, they'll either steal it from you without funding it or tell you it's trash then later implement it. In some cases if you're lucky, they'll buy it outrightly from you, hence you can't run it by yourself and they won't fund it.

I can go on and on in regards to this, but to what end? It won't change jack. And I'm not speaking from assumptions, they're first hand experiences. If these things are checked and they fall in place, trust me most Nigerian youths are mentally strong and creative, they'll make something happen. I am a Nigerian Youth and I am not Lazy!

well, you choose to look at the problems and stumbling blocks.

me, i have since a long time ago chosen to look only at the solutions.

believe it or not, inside that small post of yours, I've spotted almost four powerful opportunities that can be seized by any serious minded entrepreneur.

i won't even be revealing any here so don't even go there.

the only thing i will tell you is that where there's problem/s; there's equally a greater opportunity to create so much wealth.

you have to be able to seize the opportunity and I mean so many opportunities that are staring right there at you.

but first, you MUST have the mental capacity to spot them.

and in that mental capacity is where so many of our youths are discouragingly lacking.
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by arsenal33: 12:02pm On May 14, 2018
xreal:
Buhari go hear am on top that statement.

The people wey steal your money from 1999 to 2015 neva hear am.

continue to dey fool yourself

1 Like

Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by LordNapoleon: 12:09pm On May 14, 2018
EzeDiEgo1:

Eze ndi iberibe stop talking rubbish. Have you been to any developed country before? If the answer is no, then cut the bullcrap!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by EzeDiEgo1: 12:12pm On May 14, 2018
LordNapoleon:
Eze ndi iberibe stop talking rubbish. Have you been to any developed country before? If the answer is no, then cut the bullcrap!
this one got me

Eze Ndi iberibe

of cause man I have
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:16pm On May 14, 2018
BoneBlogger:
Since President Muhammadu Buhari reportedly made a statement at a Commonwealth event in London, about 60 per cent of Nigerian youths being lazy and entitled people, Nigerians have spilled gallons of ink trying to either prove he is right or wrong.

More than 60 per cent of the population is below 30, a lot of them haven’t been to school and they are claiming that Nigeria is an oil producing country, therefore, they should sit and do nothing, and get housing, healthcare, education free,” president Buhari was quoted as saying during a panel appearance with world leaders at the Commonwealth Business Forum in London last month.

A Facebook user who lives in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state has shared pictures of two billboards that have been erected following the president's controversial comment.

In one of the billboards, the presidency was questioned about the 3 million jobs annually that were promised to the masses.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/lazy-nigerian-youth-billboards-erected-in-akwa-ibom-over-buharis-statement.html

This picture even confirms the laziness of the youth. Check the untidy environment! This is just a gimmick from the opposition! The Federal Govt will come n clean your environment for you! You can use the money for the billboard to clean the environment. Lazy youth and crazy politicking!

1 Like

Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by LordNapoleon: 12:17pm On May 14, 2018
dollarsplenty:
This is unreasonable and lazy attempt to score a political goal. The cost of these bill boards could provide capital for youths to engage in small scale business is such as barbing, soap making etc. Play your part.
The billbord serves as a reminder to the idiot that called Nigerian youth "lazy"
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by xreal: 12:29pm On May 14, 2018
arsenal33:

The people wey steal your money from 1999 to 2015 neva hear am.

continue to dey fool yourself

Fulani Herdsman sighted.
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by xreal: 12:32pm On May 14, 2018
biacan:
You can make your point without calling me names smiley

The state isn't dirty. Come visit someday.
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by Ayobami7(m): 12:36pm On May 14, 2018
Okay
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by megareal: 12:56pm On May 14, 2018
eodavids:
MY VIEW IS:

THE CURRENT APC-LED FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAD EXPECTED A MASS ACTION FROM NIGERIAN YOUTHS SUCH AS PROTESTS AND THE LIKES THAT CAN CONVEY THEIR GRIEVANCES TO THE POWERS THAT BE.

ON THE CONTRARY, THE YOUTHS AREN'T ABLE TO DO NOTHING. IF PEOPLE LIKE OUR MUSICAL ICON, TUFACE IDIBIA IS ANYTHING TO MENTION HERE AS A NIGERIAN YOUTH: THEN;

NIGERIAN YOUTHS ARE NOT ONLY LAZY BUT DOCILE, INCOURAGIOUS AND SELL OUTS TOO.

[PEOPLE LIKE SEYI LAW, CHALIE BOY 'OPUTA' AND OTHER FEW LION-HEARTED NIGERIAN YOUTHS ARE THE EXCEPTION ANYWAY ]

Is Charlie Boy a Youth? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by sexdoll: 1:07pm On May 14, 2018
megareal:

Is Charlie Boy a Youth? shocked shocked

hahahaha

well, charlie boy himself thinks he is still a youth.

so, yes, charlie boy is a 60-something year old youth.

isn't that wonderful?
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by Kclique: 1:25pm On May 14, 2018
[quote author=jacyhelen post=67547063]We will vote PMB again..we must all suffer together!!!![/quote

Minus me.
I didn't vote for him before, I won't vote for him again.]
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by simeotexy: 1:37pm On May 14, 2018
dollarsplenty:
This is unreasonable and lazy attempt to score a political goal. The cost of these bill boards could provide capital for youths to engage in small scale business is such as barbing, soap making etc. Play your part.
embarassed
dollarsplenty:
shut up
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 14, 2018
Lordave:
You’re a fool and your useless parents who denied you home training know it ok.

So go channel your miserable wailing to them,Ezi!

lol Its easy to know your state of mind. grin

you won't last the next two weeks if you go on like this. I can for see your sorry story on the front page of NL with a lot of Eyah! eyah! from ppl.

You need spiritual cleansing to escape the curse you have brought upon your life and that of your entire family.

Meanwhile enjoy the last two weeks of your days on earth abusing ppl upandan grin

Mad goat. grin
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by Lordave: 2:38pm On May 14, 2018
tamethem:

lol Its easy to know your state of mind. grin

you won't last the next two weeks if you go on like this. I can for see your sorry story on the front page of NL with a lot of Eyah! eyah! from ppl.

You need spiritual cleansing to escape the curse you have brought upon your life and that of your entire family.

Meanwhile enjoy the last two weeks of your days on earth abusing ppl upandan grin

Mad goat. grin
You’re dumb and beyond redemption!
A smelly he-goat like you quoted someone to express your stinking disapproval of my insult on a fellow Nairalander and in the same post called me a “fool”. Are you not the most worthless fool on earth?

Your post above reveals how stüpid you are, your useless old self couldn’t think of something else to type but threatening me with death? Perhaps you’re the only remaining living thing from your piggy-lineage and you think everyone falls in the same miserable situation as your rètarded self. I see, the magnitude of your delusion and physiological impairment is grossly pathetic. Don’t you think you need that spiritual deliverance to cure the anomaly that has become of your gutter life and perished lineage?

#Spits on your old empty gorimakpa skull!
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by deomelo: 2:39pm On May 14, 2018
Akwa ibom, the richest state in Nigeria with just 5 million, even richer than Lagos state...

Shouldn't you be facing your crooked and corrupt past and present state governors?

How many skills acquisition center your governors commission. ZERO

How many Job/Employment programs your useless past and present governors don create? ZERO

How many investment and trade summit your pas and present useless governors don attract to create jobs? ZERO

How many jobs your fancy white elephant and redundant football field don create? ZERO

Hold your useless state governors accountable and stop crying.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by deomelo: 2:45pm On May 14, 2018
Btw, PMB saved millions of jobs via 2 salary bailouts, the salaries that your useless governors diverted and didn't even pay...
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by omowolewa: 2:51pm On May 14, 2018
Cyriloha:

Where us your senses boy they created nothing
I am saying what I know
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by thinkmoney(m): 2:59pm On May 14, 2018
EzeDiEgo1:

why you mumu like this nau? well I hope people just leave u alone and not give you that rat poison. because at least, you steal make ur mother happy
Re: "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics by deomelo: 3:07pm On May 14, 2018
Despite the yearly allocation of several billions of naira for the construction of a proposed greenfield deep seaport at Ibaka in Akwa Ibom State by both the State Government and the Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA) since 2011, the project has remained elusive, with no evidence of a port being built at the proposed site.

The project is missing in the National Integrated Infrastructure Master Plan and in the list of similar projects planned in partnership between the federal government and state government, with expectations of private investors collaborations, investigations by LEADERSHIP have revealed.

The Ibaka Deep Seaport, a project for which the federal ministry of transport, the NPA and the Akwa Ibom State Government have held several workshops and taken commendations at several events is also missing in a maritime and air transport report prepared by Steer Davies Gleave for the Infrastructure Consortium for Africa (ICA) hosted by

The African Development Bank.

The study, which was carried out to assess the potential for enhanced private participation in the maritime and air transport sectors in Africa however identified the Lekki Deep Seaport measuring 970m of container berths, 320m dry bulk berth, 1-2 oil berths and located 60km east of Lagos.

The Badagry greefield port, Koko Port and Olokola Port were also listed with their capacity and promoters.

The water at Ibaka is said to have a natural draft of 11 metres, without dredging, making it a huge potential for possible deep seaport construction.

Akwa Ibom State has continued to budget for the port, which Governor Godswill Akpabio said would create employment for 100,000 Nigerians.

The NPA had also told LEADERSHIP in Uyo at the PCC meeting that the deep seaport would be completed in 2015.

When LEADERSHIP visited the proposed site of the deep seaport at Ibaka, there was nothing to show that a seaport was being planned at coastal community.

A lonely dilapidated narrow road, better described as a colonial road leads to Ibaka, from Oron. As early as 2011, the Akwa Ibom State Governor told a Nigeria Ports Consultative Council (PCC) meeting in Uyo that his government had concluded plans to dualise the road.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201312160580.html

Akpabio budgeted billions for Ibaka deep seaport every year with not even bush clearing or fence erected.

Meaning Akpabio pocketed billions every year.

Meaning potential 100,000 jobs vaporized because of greed, looting and stealing by the sons of the soil who are still local champions and still worshiped by the by the same victims of their crimes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video Of Adeleke Dancing As Appeal Court Reinstates Him As Osun Governor / Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React / I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.