Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,097 members, 7,953,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:46 PM

How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria - Business (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria (44134 Views)

5 Ways To Identify Fake Currency Notes / How To Start Profitable Okrika Business In Nigeria: All You Need To Know. / How To Identify A Very Profitable Business Idea - Nigeriaonlinebusiness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:30pm On Sep 08, 2022
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2022
Success in farm business is all about developing capacity and daily improving on your capacity.

If you want to be making 1 million naira per annum on your farm, you need to have capacity to produce about 2,500kg of beans or capacity to produce 3,300kg of soybeans or 6600kg of corn or 1,700kg of groundnuts or your farm churning out 100 heads of goats/sheep for the market.

Want to be making 5 million naira per annum ; you need to have capacity to produce 12,500kg of beans; or capacity 16,700kg of soybeans; or 33,400kg of corn or 1,700kg of groundnut or have 500 heads of breeding goats/sheep on the farm

What about making 10 million naira per annum ,you need to have capacity to produce 25,000 kg of beans or 33,400kg of soybeans,or 66,700kg of corn or 16,700kg of groundnut or have 834 heads of breeding goats/sheep.

What if you are interested in making N15 million naira on your farm per annum,you need to have capacity to produce 37,500kg of beans, or 50,000kg of soybeans,or 100,000kg of corn or 25,000kg of groundnut or have 1,250 heads of breeding sheep/goats

Whether you want to make 1 million or 5 million or 10 or 15 million per annum,it all boils down to your CAPACITY

Do you have the knowledge capacity?

Do you have the land capacity and management capacity?

Do you have risk management capabilities in place against unforseeable occurrences?

Are you improving daily on the existing capacity?

Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:16pm On Sep 09, 2022
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:21pm On Sep 10, 2022
#agricpays
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2022
If you want to get to where you want to be tomorrow
You have to do things that will get you there starting today.

You were told, invest in cashew,do oilpalm,farm cocoa etc but because it will take 5 years or more to start cashing out,you don't want to go there.

Whether you go there or not,5 years will come and you might look back with regrets while others are cashing out.

You are 30 today and you want to start that project or learn that skill that will take 5 years to complete which means you will be 35 by the time you are done.

You know what?
Whether you go for it or not,you will be 35 in 5 years.

Whether you start doing the things you really want or not,tomorrow will still come and you will regret not starting yesterday

If you are interested in a project or career but you feel because it would take a long time (maybe 5 years) to see results and you decide not to pursue it.
I have news for you
The 5 years will still come
And you will regret not starting 5 years earlier
The best time to plant an Iroko tree is 20 years ago
The next best time is NOW

You can acquire your farmland on any of our farm estates in ijebu-igbo, ogbomoso,ilorin or apomu.
Just a call away

Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2022
#happysundaymypeople
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:12am On Sep 19, 2022
Quitters never win,winners never quit

During my early years as an agropreneur and farmer,I thought of given up and quit because of the challenges I faced during production

After sleeping over my thought,I decided not to throw in the towel.

Now,when I looked back,I thank God I didnot quit.

We are still facing it and you will still face it everyday but use it to grow ,develop and propel yourself into the next level.

Truly,quitters never win and winners never quit.

Have a great day
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2022
Great thread to read if you are looking at great agribusiness to venture into
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:36am On Oct 03, 2022
You see on this journey of life we are in,there will be many setback,learn from it to move closer to your destination.
There will be many successes as well but do not over jubilate to forget or slow down on reaching your destination.

There is always light at the end of the tunnel.

You might have lost huge sum of money from your enterprise,it's not time to give up,learn from the process and improve on it

You might have a good outing,enjoy the time and process but don't over-jubilate that you forget that your destination is still far ahead.

In everything that you do,never give up or give in till you reach the finished line.

#mondaymotivation
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:42pm On Oct 03, 2022
Funding sources to start or scale your farm business.

Funding is a principal thing you need to be successful in farm business because agriculture is a capital intensive venture.

Don't be deceived,if you don't have good financial resources,it will be difficult to go big and that's where the money is in agriculture.

1.friends and family

If you are just starting with little experience,I think this is the right place to source for money.

My first source of funding was from my brother where we form a partnership and pool funds together.
It's easy if you have good relationship with your family members who will want to support you and see you succeed.

You can raise maybe from N500k to N2m depending on the deep pocket of your friends/family

2. Maybe after sometime,you have grow a little bit ,gain little experience and want to expand or scale your farm,then the next option is to take advantage of government funding opportunities like Nirsal, anchor borrowers loan which has a very low interest rate and with training /networking opportunities with experts in the field.

You can get up to N10m depending on your farm project.

This stage of growing is not the time to go look for commercial loan from banks, financial institution
Over the years,I have seen many farm enterprise go down because they take loan with high interest rate from financial institution to start their business.
If you are starting,then it doesn't make sense to take loan from bank especially if you are new and doesn't have experience or an experience partner with you.

3. Once you have a predicted revenue sources from your farm,then it is time to approach commerical banks for loan to grow or scale your agribusiness.
In Nigeria,some banks do extend loan facilities to agribusiness; among whom are UBA, sterling bank,fidelity bank, and Access bank.
Some micro finance banks also does that.

You can get up to N10m -N100m depending on the scale of your project.

4. Crowdfunding
In Nigeria,as far as farm business is concerned, crowdfunding is not a sustainable option if you are looking at raising funds
You pull resources from people and then you use the resources to execute a farm project after which returns are shared in a particular ratio.
Crowdfunding has not really succeeded in Nigeria because of so many factors I am going to share later.

Crowdfunding has been regulated by the NSE and for you to crowdfund,you need to register with NSE

5.Joining a cooperative

This is the best alternative to taking commercial loans from banks because of the very low interest rate and also the support you get from the members for the success of your agribusiness.
It also comes with very flexible repayment plan
You can only access loan from cooperative only if you are a financial member and can access up to N15m.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:18am On Oct 06, 2022
#gogreen
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:42pm On Oct 07, 2022
The best kept secret in farm business is "money are made from long term cash crops than the short term crops"
Unfortunately,most new entrants focus more on the latter.
And that's why we created our cashcrops farm estates to enable you have your own share of the prosperity these cash crops present.
You can key in into our oilpalm/ cocoa in ijebu-igbo,cashew farm in ogbomoso/ilorin

Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:06pm On Oct 10, 2022
No matter the number of machineries you purchase for your farm,if you don't have dedicated,motivated farm workers,then you are not going to be successful.

If you have machineries and less motivated workers to operate them,then it's as useless as it is.

A hardworking,motivated laborer should be able to do some farm operations of  30 acres in a year cumulatively 

Worst case scenario,on the other hand,maybe 5 acres for the lazy type.

So it's important you get good ones.

Unfortunately,you cannot know which one is hardworking or not.

The strategy to turn the lazy one to hardworking one is to employ a farm manager that follow up with daily/weekly targets and pay their salary according to the target achieved for the month.

No farm can succeed with poor farm workers so it's important you get it right.

The good news is that those on our farm estates have access to farm laborers so you don't stress yourself looking for workers

#waleagro

Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:58am On Oct 13, 2022
#onlytakingmassiveactionwilltakeyouthere
#getinvolved
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:51am On Oct 13, 2022
This normally happen to newbie coming into farm business
The thinking is like

"I will cultivate 10 acres of land with Maize"

"If I spend N100k for clearing at N10K per acre

N70k for ploughing

Buy N100k worth of seeds

Plant at N50k at N5k per acre

Do 3 weedings during the lifecycle of maize at N50k per each weeding making N150k for the 3 weedings.

After 3 months,I should have 3 tons per acre making it 30 tons in total.

If I am to sell a tonne at N150k,that's a whooping N4.5M income!!! "

In reality,

You cultivate 10 acres of maize,

Before you get it clear,you were chasing those to clear it for you up and down

And before you know it,economic situation has increase the cost of clearing to N12k per acre making you incur N120k to clear for the 10 acres

Seeing that time is against you and you wanted to plant,you quickly organize workers to plant for you manually.

The plant population that's suppose to be 10,000 was just 2000

You did 2 weedings because you were unable to manage your workers well and didnot finish their work on time

After 3 months,you got 500kg on an acre making it 5 tonnes in total

A ton was sold at N120k

And at the end of the day,the income was a meager N600k

Can you see the difference!

4.5M on paper and 600k getting to your bank account.

Do you know what went wrong?

If you are starting as a newbie in farm business,then work with agropreneur/s with practical knowledge for guidance.
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:23am On Oct 15, 2022
It's another day
What steps are you taking to get involved
#agricpaysDoit
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:01pm On Oct 16, 2022
Don't be afraid to take massive action.
That's the only way to get successful
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:47pm On Oct 17, 2022
A Chinese philosopher once stated that "the best time to plant an iroko tree is 20 years ago,the 2nd best time is now"
This ageless truth applies to our personal lives also
Regardless of your past failures,missed opportunities,if you want to change, shape and improve your future,the time to start is now

Many years ago, my eyes were clearly opened to the money making opportunities in the cashew farm business in ogbomoso and oilpalm which we started in ogbomoso and ijebu-igbo respectively

I was somehow angry with myself because I thought I discovered it late and the long 4 years it will take cashew and oilpalm to reach maturity.

Nonetheless,I started and looking back now,I am happy we kickstarted both the cashew and oilpalm farm business then.

You are 35,40,45years old now and you think cashew,oilpalm,cocoa will take 5 years before you start getting your returns,
Whether you start it or not,you will be 40,45 or 50 years old in 5 years and you will regret not starting it 5 years earlier.

The best time to plant iroko tree is 20 years ago,the next best time is NOW!
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:40pm On Oct 19, 2022
This is one of the best thread you can read if you are looking at starting your own farm enterprise
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by earthlymichael: 3:22am On Oct 20, 2022
And if you are thinking of a business to start that has high profit and less competition in Nigeria, think of this chemical business.

And I am talking about production here. Like gum. Evostic, contact adhesive etc. You can contact your brothers in Lagos, Aba, and Kano, and you will know how profiting it is.

You can also start with 1m or more depending on your financial strenght.

I always advise, you start small and grow higher. That way, you will know the nitty-gritty of the business.

You can follow this link to know more, and contact for more details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSQQ1X7su2U
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:46am On Oct 21, 2022
#doagricitpays
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:34pm On Oct 26, 2022
Many years ago,a government agency involved in renting of land for prospective farmers around Ogun state approach me about leasing about 70 acres of land with sprinkler irrigation for dry season agriculture.
On getting to the land and mere siting the farmland,I know nothing good can come out of it...
Yes,at an attractive price but price does not matter when it comes to farmland lease or purchase if the fertility comes into questioning.

Many years after,I was passing through the same location and I was like let me even check this place again.
On getting there,I saw some farmers complaining bitterly about the land and the poor yield it's given them even after bringing in truckload of manure to replenish the soil

My second thought was,why can't a government agency incorporate regenerative agriculture into their operational system
Why must you allow farmers to cultivate only a particular crop year in year out until they runs out the fertility of the soil?
Anyways, fertility matters and will save you costs during the few years of cultivation.

That's why we make sure we incorporate sustainable soil fertility management on all of our farm estates farm operations so that you can enjoy the land for many decades to come

Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:51pm On Oct 28, 2022
Right timing is everything in agriculture.

You need a right timing of cultivation that will ensure that you meet the right market; the right market to guaranteed returns on what you have cultivated.

This year weather situation was like 2016 when we had rain for just few months for the whole year.

I am predicting rise in food prices, inflation, famine in 2021 and that's why everyone must grow food in his/her houseyard to reduce the impact.

From my interactions with fellow farmers and the one I witnessed especially in the south western part of this country, many losses were recorded due to erractic nature of weather and this will have great Impact come 2021.

We were very lucky to have a good outing with our okra and soybeans we did this year in our ogbomoso and ilorin farm estate and I can link it up to cultivating at the right time better than the other farmers around.

Okra planting started about 2 weeks before other farmers around started and few weeks into when we started counting our harvesting time,the rain seized.

At the time of the rain seizure,our okra is already well established with fruits just coming out ,of which other farmers' okra that are weeks behind us was unfortunate and failed because the rain stopped at the growing stage.

The same thing for the soybeans.

Right timing for the harvest and for the planting was the factor of success.

The same scenario occur for others who had poor outing.

Rain stopped at the growing stage and it affected a lot of soybeans farmers.

Due to lack of rain,their soybeans grains were of poor, slight greenish unripe one.

On the other hand,we had good white, very ripe grains that command good price in the market.

Being one or two week late to cultivation can have a big impact on the outcome of any crop you cultivate.

In 2021,our cultivation will begin in February and we will be expanding our plantain,oilpalm, cashew etc on our various farm estates.

I wrote this last year,2022 season is a lot different.

A lot of flash rainfall like we had it in 2012.

Most crops destroyed and I guess food price is going to double up come 2023.

#waleagro

Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:35am On Nov 01, 2022
Lessons 2022 farming season taught me.

In areas where there was no flooding,there were unequal distribution of rainfall duriing the growing -maturing stage of major staple crops resulting in crop failure.

The number 1 lesson is this, acquire your land early and cultivate early so that you can harvest early.

I remember paying a visit to a farming community and saw the farmers planting thinking the early heavy rainfall will continue till the end of the year.

I can't begin to imagine the effect of flooding that happens this year.

Politics and preparation towards 2023 general elections has taken a lot of the spotlight away from the damages and havoc wreck by flooding.
People will begin to know by next year when prices of staple foods starts to go up.

Someone even told me yesterday that the price of rice is heading towards N50k per bag,a bag that was around N30k previous months.

On my prediction,it might surpass that if government didnot do something about it.

Well,the lesson to the farmers is insure,insure and insure.
I can't begin to imagine the loss caused by the flooding.
Billions of naira would have been lost and only those that have insurance policy insure would recover

Grow what you eat;
Due to the flooding disaster,it is predicted that there will be massive hunger.
I fear for those with low purchasing power; even those with purchasing power will have much of their income going towards purchase of food.

Those of us that does backyard farming have no worries.
Just to harvest our tomatoes,rice �,yam etc, prepare and enjoy our meal.

Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by michaelpenz(m): 7:03pm On Nov 01, 2022
Always do your feasibility studies and without bias.

Some people jump into business because they heard it is lucrative.

They don't know how long the persons doing it have been in the business to achieve such feat.

They don't ask questions, they just rush in and waste their money and energy.

This is why so many businesses rise and fail almost instantly.

Take your feasibility studies serious without bias.

Go for market research.

If they are already lots of people in the business, don't start unless you have something different to offer.

Something that will appeal to the people.

Something that will stand you out.

Use professionals.

You can not do everything by yourself.

There is a business I am currently marketing, the key producers are in Aba.

These few people are the only people supplying 90% of the over 150m consumers in Nigeria and neighboring countries. The rest are from overseas.

You can go into such business. And you can start very little too with say 1Million naira. This is the kind of business that will blow you up in a very short time.

Before you go in, ask questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyHRtjx068A
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:57am On Nov 02, 2022
Someone asked me yesterday "why are you so passionate about agriculture,encouraging and preaching that people should get involved in the business of agriculture" ;

In his words " I have been following you for 6 years now on your social media platforms and have learnt a whole lot from you; your passion and how you have helped other people start their agribusiness successfully is encouraging".
More power to your elbow!

I want to pay a visit to your farm estate in ijebu-igbo to see you and see what I can start immediately.
I like your passion and consistency"

Very simple,my passion stems from these simple reasons;

Agriculture is the key that opens the door of prosperity to the nation and to the Nigerian citizens.

No developed country get to where they are right now without first develop their agricultural systems.

Strangely,it was developed by their citizens and how was that able to happen?
They got actively involved in it's development and reap the reward.

All the enabling factors (good fertile farmland,good weather,cheap labourers,etc)are already available at our backyard, it's just for us to take action.

There are lot of wealth creating opportunities that we can get involved in,from farming,processing, retailing, transportation, exportation etc

So the time is now for you to get involved

Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:20am On Nov 03, 2022
#Goodmorningeveryone
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:24am On Nov 03, 2022
$goodmornjngeveryone
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:40am On Nov 04, 2022
#agricpaysgetinvolved
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:28am On Nov 08, 2022
One of the best thread to read if you want to start agribiz
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:30am On Nov 12, 2022
Want to start a profitable agribusiness,this is the thread to read and digest
Re: How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:37am On Nov 16, 2022
With all of thy getting,make sure you own a plantain farm.
It's an asset that will continue to give you revenue for decades to come

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Mad Man Spotted At First Bank ATM, Abaji (Photos) / How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) / CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.