Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1606161 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (4137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 9:39pm On Jun 30, 2018
stanech:

7careful Lucas you may get banned
You are what I think you are. My life doesn't depend on Nairaland. It's a form of entertainment for me. I couldn't give a freaking hoot about that. Meanwhile, Trump is working on getting you your visa. Just take the montage of all the Junk you posted to the Embassy and pronto, US visa is yours.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 10:06pm On Jun 30, 2018
stanech:

flexibility definition: the quality of being able to change or be changed easily according to the situation:

He is telling putin he will not be too tough on him.. And yet you wonder why putin could be so bold to attack ukraine. Maybe that was because he knew Obama would not react.

Wait, so you wanted Obama to have gone to war with Russia?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 7:25am On Jul 01, 2018
LordReed:

Wait, so you wanted Obama to have gone to war with Russia?

No

Then what is Trump doing differently? And why even assure them you will be flexible if they are that bad
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 7:26am On Jul 01, 2018
@realDonaldTrump
I never pushed the Republicans in the House to vote for the Immigration Bill, either GOODLATTE 1 or 2, because it could never have gotten enough Democrats as long as there is the 60 vote threshold. I released many prior to the vote knowing we need more Republicans to win in Nov.
8:17 PM · Jun 30, 2018

@realDonaldTrump
HOUSE REPUBLICANS SHOULD PASS THE STRONG BUT FAIR IMMIGRATION BILL, KNOWN AS GOODLATTE II, IN THEIR AFTERNOON VOTE TODAY, EVEN THOUGH THE DEMS WON’T LET IT PASS IN THE SENATE. PASSAGE WILL SHOW THAT WE WANT STRONG BORDERS & SECURITY WHILE THE DEMS WANT OPEN BORDERS = CRIME. WIN!

1:39 PM - Jun 27, 2018

Liar in Chief
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 7:26am On Jul 01, 2018
Abbeybailey:
You are what I think you are. My life doesn't depend on Nairaland. It's a form of entertainment for me. I couldn't give a freaking hoot about that. Meanwhile, Trump is working on getting you your visa. Just take the montage of all the Junk you posted to the Embassy and pronto, US visa is yours.

You worry too much about me Lucas. Hope you are not falling in Love
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 7:27am On Jul 01, 2018
Left went from attacking Trumps trade tariffs, to kids in cages at border, to advocating violence against Trump officials, to SCOTUS union ruling, to Justice Kennedy retiring, to attacking Trump for Annapolis shooting, to wanting ICE abolished all in a week...
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 7:31am On Jul 01, 2018
American money is Flowing Back into USA

Over $300 BILLION was repatriated back to the USA in the 1st quarter.. the most on record.
This means business expansion, hiring & higher wages that benefit companies & employees.
GDP forecast is raised to btwn 3-4%.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 7:31am On Jul 01, 2018
stanech:

No

Then what is Trump doing differently? And why even assure them you will be flexible if they are that bad

Wanting Russia back into the G7 is very different from negotiating missile defense positions for your European allies. Trump just seems to want favourable terms for Russia with no apparent benefits. Coming from a so called "tippy top negotiator" its very suspicious.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 7:33am On Jul 01, 2018
@BillOReilly

Even after Trump signed an Executive Order ending child-adult separations among migrants entering the country illegally, the far left was able to mobilize demonstrations around the country this weekend.

Shows how stupid they are.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 7:35am On Jul 01, 2018
Abolish ICE? In new poll, 69% say no (78% of Republicans, 59% of Democrats, and 73% of independents).

Americans are not as foolish as the dems thought. November will be interesting.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 7:36am On Jul 01, 2018
stanech:
American money is Flowing Back into USA

Over $300 BILLION was repatriated back to the USA in the 1st quarter.. the most on record.
This means business expansion, hiring & higher wages that benefit companies & employees.
GDP forecast is raised to btwn 3-4%.

the Commerce Department figures reflect a legal change in accounting methods, not a real change in corporate behavior. Yes, the corporations did change the entries on their books, because the tax law meant they no longer had to maintain the fiction that these profits were earned overseas. But bringing back that cash doesn’t mean the corporations are suddenly free to invest in U.S. operations, and it certainly doesn’t mean that American companies will no longer invest in foreign operations.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 7:53am On Jul 01, 2018
LordReed:

Wanting Russia back into the G7 is very different from negotiating missile defense positions for your European allies. Trump just seems to want favourable terms for Russia with no apparent benefits. Coming from a so called "tippy top negotiator" its very suspicious.

Why was Russia kicked out in the first place if I may ask. And what has kicking them out achieved? Dont be naive my friend Russia is not worse than China, KSA or even Iran that Obama wanted to hop in bed with.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 7:55am On Jul 01, 2018
LordReed:

Damn! I would think that any sane person hearing that Trump asked Macron to take France out of the EU would begin to see how Trump could be a Russian stooge but I guess sanity is in short supply in certain circles.

Another reason why Trump was right to call on France to leave the EU

@deliaxmarie

If something was happening in the US, everyone would care but the EU is about to give copyright strikes and ban us from posting memes and fan art and nobody talks abouut it. There are alot of fans from europe and it's not right. #SaveYourInternet #StopArticle13 #StopArticle11

Free speech is dead in the EU

Now they are banning memes, memes ...

Tell pls tell me this is not enough reasom
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 7:59am On Jul 01, 2018
It is almost as if someone wants the dems to loose cheesy

Abolish profit?

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 8:08am On Jul 01, 2018
@GovMikeHuckabee

I'm worried. My 1 yr old grandson is at my house. He does nothing for himself, pays for nothing, cries when he doesn't get his way, throws tantrums, and wears diapers that I have to change. I'm afraid this kid is a Democrat! Hope he outgrows it.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 8:14am On Jul 01, 2018
More.

@juliemhawker
·
4h
Here's my #walkaway story: I've taught at a major California university for 20 years. Academia has pushed far left policies and morphed it into orthodoxy and dogma. The "progressive" wing of the Democrat party is regressive and hateful. 3 years ago, I decided to #walkaway
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 8:34am On Jul 01, 2018
cheesy cheesy grin
@BernHur
·
23m
I used to be a Democrat. But I’m on medication now� #WalkAway
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 8:41am On Jul 01, 2018
They ruin everything.

List of the worst cities in the US

25. NASHVILLE – MEGAN BARRY – DEMOCRAT
24. CHICAGO IL – RAHM EMAUEL – DEMOCRAT
23. MINNEAPOLIS MN – BETSY HODGES – DEMOCRAT
22. BUFFALO NY – BYRON BROWN – DEMOCRAT
21. ALBUQUERQUE NM – TIM KELLER – DEMOCRAT
20. BEAUMONT TX – BECKY AMES – UNKNOWN
19. SPRINGFIELD IL – JIM LANGFELDER – DEMOCRAT
18.WASHINGTON DC – MURIAL BOWSER – DEMOCRAT
17. ANCHORAGE AK – ETHAN BERKOWITZ – DEMOCRAT
16. LANSING MICHIGAN – VIRGIL BERNERO – DEMOCRAT
15. TOLEDO OH – PAULA HUDSON – DEMOCRAT
14. SAN BERNARDINO CA – R. CAREY DAVIS – REPUBLICAN
13. SPRINGFIELD MO – KEN MCCLURE – DEMOCRAT
12. INDIANAPOLIS IN – JOSEPH HOGSETT – DEMOCRAT
11. STOCKTON CA – MICHAEL TUBBS – DEMOCRAT
10. OAKLAND CA – LIBBY SCHAAF – DEMOCRAT
9. LITTLE ROCK AS – MARK STODOLA – DEMOCRAT
8. MILWAUKEE WI – TOM BARRET – DEMOCRAT
7. CLEVELAND OH – FRANK JACKSON – DEMOCRAT
6. KANSAS CITY MO – SLY JAMES – INDEPENDENT
5. ROCKFORD IL – THOMAS MCNAMARA – DEMOCRAT
4. BALTIMORE MD – CATHERINE PUGH – DEMOCRAT
3. MEMPHIS TN – JIM STRICKLAND – DEMOCRAT
2. ST LOUIS MO – LYDA KREWSON – DEMOCRAT
1. DETROIT MI – MIKE DUGGAN - DEMOCRAT
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 9:26am On Jul 01, 2018
stanech:

Why was Russia kicked out in the first place if I may ask. And what has kicking them out achieved? Dont be naive my friend Russia is not worse than China, KSA or even Iran that Obama wanted to hop in bed with.

Yes please answer your own question, why was Russia kicked out?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 9:30am On Jul 01, 2018
stanech:

Another reason why Trump was right to call on France to leave the EU

@deliaxmarie

If something was happening in the US, everyone would care but the EU is about to give copyright strikes and ban us from posting memes and fan art and nobody talks abouut it. There are alot of fans from europe and it's not right. #SaveYourInternet #StopArticle13 #StopArticle11

Free speech is dead in the EU

Now they are banning memes, memes ...

Tell pls tell me this is not enough reasom

LoL it's clear you don't even understand the issue. Who told you they are banning memes? Those your alt-right websites right? LoL. They are not banning memes they are enforcing copyright laws more rigorously. Are you saying you can't meme without infringing copyright?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 1:13pm On Jul 01, 2018
@realDonaldTrump

The Liberal Left, also known as the Democrats, want to get rid of ICE, who do a fantastic job, and want Open Borders. Crime would be rampant and uncontrollable! Make America Great Again
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 1:56pm On Jul 01, 2018
stanech:
They ruin everything.

List of the worst cities in the US

25. NASHVILLE – MEGAN BARRY – DEMOCRAT
24. CHICAGO IL – RAHM EMAUEL – DEMOCRAT
23. MINNEAPOLIS MN – BETSY HODGES – DEMOCRAT
22. BUFFALO NY – BYRON BROWN – DEMOCRAT
21. ALBUQUERQUE NM – TIM KELLER – DEMOCRAT
20. BEAUMONT TX – BECKY AMES – UNKNOWN
19. SPRINGFIELD IL – JIM LANGFELDER – DEMOCRAT
18.WASHINGTON DC – MURIAL BOWSER – DEMOCRAT
17. ANCHORAGE AK – ETHAN BERKOWITZ – DEMOCRAT
16. LANSING MICHIGAN – VIRGIL BERNERO – DEMOCRAT
15. TOLEDO OH – PAULA HUDSON – DEMOCRAT
14. SAN BERNARDINO CA – R. CAREY DAVIS – REPUBLICAN
13. SPRINGFIELD MO – KEN MCCLURE – DEMOCRAT
12. INDIANAPOLIS IN – JOSEPH HOGSETT – DEMOCRAT
11. STOCKTON CA – MICHAEL TUBBS – DEMOCRAT
10. OAKLAND CA – LIBBY SCHAAF – DEMOCRAT
9. LITTLE ROCK AS – MARK STODOLA – DEMOCRAT
8. MILWAUKEE WI – TOM BARRET – DEMOCRAT
7. CLEVELAND OH – FRANK JACKSON – DEMOCRAT
6. KANSAS CITY MO – SLY JAMES – INDEPENDENT
5. ROCKFORD IL – THOMAS MCNAMARA – DEMOCRAT
4. BALTIMORE MD – CATHERINE PUGH – DEMOCRAT
3. MEMPHIS TN – JIM STRICKLAND – DEMOCRAT
2. ST LOUIS MO – LYDA KREWSON – DEMOCRAT
1. DETROIT MI – MIKE DUGGAN - DEMOCRAT
You surely needs psychiatric help. You always post your junk without any proof doing the job of a racist foool you worship. The problem with you is that you are stuck in your village and you are trying to make yourself relevant always ending up making a foool of yourself. Americans know that the poorest States in US are the Southern States like Mississippi, Alabama, Oklahoma, Tennessee and so many others. You know one thing they have in common, they are all Red States governed by Republicons. In fact, those are States won by Trump. Plus the Appalachian States are all republicans and those are the poorest States. I have been to Appalachia and the poverty I saw there is unimaginable but for a loud mouth from a ritualistic village who have never boarded an airplane in his life to be passing wrong information is appauling. Why don't you show proof or data that supports the junk you are putting out.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 1:58pm On Jul 01, 2018
LordReed:

LoL it's clear you don't even understand the issue. Who told you they are banning memes? Those your alt-right websites right? LoL. They are not banning memes they are enforcing copyright laws more rigorously. Are you saying you can't meme without infringing copyright?

Memes 'will be banned' under new EU copyright law, warn campaigners

https://news.sky.com/story/memes-will-be-banned-under-new-eu-copyright-law-warn-campaigners-11398577
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2018
stanech:

Memes 'will be banned' under new EU copyright law, warn campaigners

https://news.sky.com/story/memes-will-be-banned-under-new-eu-copyright-law-warn-campaigners-11398577

From the article:

In response to the campaign, a European Commission spokesperson told Sky News: "The idea behind our copyright proposals is that people should be able to make a living from their creative ideas.

"The proposals to modernise EU copyright provisions will not harm freedom of expression on the internet.

"They take into account technological developments that have already been introduced by some of the major players and which help in two ways.

"Firstly, they help to inform authors when their works are used online and to prevent that these works are used by major online platforms without their author's consent.

"Secondly, such technological developments help to ensure the author's fair remuneration for their work."

How does this stop memes? Don't use copyrighted material in your meme, how hard is that?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 4:48pm On Jul 01, 2018
LordReed:

From the article:

How does this stop memes? Don't use copyrighted material in your meme, how hard is that?

so you do not see anything wrong with that law?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 7:25pm On Jul 01, 2018
stanech:

so you do not see anything wrong with that law?

That's not the question. You asserted that the law will ban memes which is not true. There are issues with the strictness they are seeking but it does not prevent people from making memes.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timbuktuo: 11:05pm On Jul 01, 2018
stanech:
It is almost as if someone wants the dems to loose cheesy

Abolish profit?

That is the communist way. Free markets are anathema to them.

Meanwhile, Q is about to go mainstream.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 11:55pm On Jul 01, 2018
Timbuktuo:

Garage tout, tell me what the heck you know about free market ?. Collecting money from Oshodi garage equals free market. You guys are truly a joke. What's it about America that gets you guys mojo kicking.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 8:10am On Jul 02, 2018
LordReed:

That's not the question. You asserted that the law will ban memes which is not true. There are issues with the strictness they are seeking but it does not prevent people from making memes.

Actually it will.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 8:10am On Jul 02, 2018
Timbuktuo:

They will loose in nov
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 8:11am On Jul 02, 2018
Results so far of the Mueller Investigation:

Indictments - 20
Guilty Pleas - 5
Indictments that have anything to do with Donald Trump - 0
Guilty pleas that involve Donald Trump in any way - 0
#MuellerWitchHunt
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 8:17am On Jul 02, 2018
LordReed:

Another opponent is Jim Killock, executive director of Open Rights Group, who said in a statement shared with The Independent: "Article 13 would create a Robo-copyright regime that would zap any image, text, meme or video that appears to include copyright material.

"This would lead to the censorship of completely legal material, including news and campaigning videos, seriously damaging free expression."

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (4137) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.