Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,064 members, 7,863,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:22 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (1730) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1707137 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) (1731) (1732) (1733) ... (4187) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 7:32pm On Dec 09, 2020
ono:

The portion of your statement in bold refers. We will see how this play out shortly.

I read somewhere in this thread and elsewhere that many high ranking demon rats and RINOS - the McCains of this world in Arizona, Colin Powel, Obama establishment people in FBI, CIA and elsewhere are aware there is widespread irregularities in the last election. They just chose to turn a blind eye and shut their ears. There is something eerie about this happening in the United States. But we will see who laughs last in the end.

Biden 81.3 million votes (51.3%) = WINNER
Trump 74.2 million votes (46.9%) = LOSER

Margin 7.1 million votes (4.4%) = Blowout victory

Electoral College
Biden 306
Trump 232

Turnout 66% = biggest in 100 years

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 09, 2020
LordReed:

Clinton was president in 1973? Why are you drunk this early morning.

My mis-statistics doesn't change the fact dat SCOTUS republican judges are originalist and with d fraud evidence affirms the validity of federal constitutional voting laws

No privilege to any state

#True Federalism
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 09, 2020
feedthenation:

Biden 81.3 million votes (51.3%) = WINNER
Trump 74.2 million votes (46.9%) = LOSER

Margin 7.1 million votes (4.4%) = Blowout victory

Electoral College
Biden 306
Trump 232

Turnout 66% = biggest in 100 years

Media president

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2020
Timiofak:

And morons rushed to like it grin

This guys have issues, big ones.

I have a busy day so I've been off here for a while.

U think Barett nomination is to allow abortionist Harris cry

I'm sad for ur false hopes
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by armyofone(m): 9:36pm On Dec 09, 2020
Yeah, the whole simple election thing has become his once again reality show - pls pass the popcorn and nice wine around, thanks.

demmymoney:

Ladies and gentlemen relax, get the popcorn ready, and get your favorite drinks lined up. You will see the art of the deal by our President and his team, Sidney Powell and Texas. At their best fighting for the American people.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 9:55pm On Dec 09, 2020
Dapcity007:

Lol, stop blowing up my mentions

in 5 days time when the electoral college does vote, we would discuss.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 10:09pm On Dec 09, 2020
Dapcity007:

So, you TRULY think a SC justice would base his/her ruling, in part, as to whether she agrees with the political philosophy of one of the parties in a dispute??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 10:26pm On Dec 09, 2020
The top 3 contenders for Biden’s AG position are:
Doug Jones, Sally Yates, and Judge Merrick Garland
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ono(m): 10:34pm On Dec 09, 2020
feedthenation:
---Mr Basilico, Senate report on Hunter Biden is out---

Hunter Biden and his ENTIRE FAMILY INCLUDING JOE PROFITTED OFF JOE BIDEN'S POSITION AS VICE PRESIDENT.

The records acquired by the Committees also show that Hunter Biden and his family were involved in a vast financial network that connected them to foreign nationals and foreign governments across the globe. Hunter Biden and Devon Archer, in particular, formed significant and consistent financial relationships with the corrupt oligarch Mykola Zlochevsky during their time working for Burisma, and their firms made millions of dollars from that association while Joe Biden was vice president and the public face of the Obama administration’s Ukraine policy. Rosemont Seneca Thornton, an investment firm co-founded by Hunter Biden, received $3.5 million in a wire transfer from Elena Baturina, who allegedly received illegal construction contracts from her husband, the then-mayor of Moscow https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/HSGAC_Finance_Report_FINAL.pdf/

Your excerpts is very very low on details - typical Demonrats approach, half lies, half truths.

See full details below.

Johnson, Grassley Release Report on Conflicts-of-Interest Investigation
Wednesday, September 23, 2020

WASHINGTON — U.S. Senators Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, and Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, released a report that revealed millions of dollars in questionable financial transactions between Hunter Biden and his associates and foreign individuals, including the wife of the former mayor of Moscow and individuals with ties to the Chinese Communist Party.

These were just some of the findings from their investigation into potential conflicts of interest arising from Hunter Biden accepting a position on the board of, and taking millions of dollars from, Burisma, a Ukrainian energy company with a long-standing reputation for corruption, while his father, Joe Biden, was vice president and the public face of the Obama administration’s handling of Ukraine policy.

Findings from the chairmen’s investigation include:

In early 2015 former Deputy Chief of Mission at the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine, George Kent raised concerns to officials in Vice President Joe Biden’s office about the perception of a conflict of interest with respect to Hunter Biden’s role on Burisma’s board. Kent’s concerns went unaddressed and in September 2016, he emphasized in an email to his colleagues, “Furthermore, the presence of Hunter Biden on the Burisma board was very awkward for all U.S. officials pushing an anticorruption agenda in Ukraine.”

In October 2015, senior State Department official Amos Hochstein raised concerns with Vice President Biden, as well as with Hunter Biden, that Hunter Biden’s position on Burisma’s board enabled Russian disinformation efforts and risked undermining U.S. policy in Ukraine.
Hunter Biden was serving on Burisma’s board (supposedly consulting on corporate governance and transparency) when Burisma owner Mykola Zlochevsky allegedly paid a $7 million bribe to officials serving under Ukraine’s prosecutor general, Vitaly Yarema, to “shut the case against Zlochevsky.” George Kent testified that this bribe occurred in December 2014 (seven months after Hunter Biden joined Burisma’s board), and, after learning about it, he and the resident legal adviser reported this allegation to the FBI.

In addition to the over four million dollars paid by Burisma to Hunter Biden and his business partner, Devon Archer, for membership on the board, Hunter, his family, and Archer received millions of dollars from foreign nationals with questionable backgrounds.
Devon Archer received $142,300 from Kenges Rakishev of Kazakhstan, purportedly for a car, the same day Vice President Joe Biden appeared with Ukrainian Prime Minister Arsemy Yasenyuk and addressed Ukrainian legislators in Kyiv regarding Russia’s actions in Crimea.
Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina. Ms. Baturina is the wife (widow) of the former mayor of Moscow.
Hunter Biden had business associations with Ye Jianming, Gongwen Dong, and other Chinese nationals linked to the Communist government and People’s Liberation Army. Those associations resulted in millions of dollars in questionable transactions.
Hunter Biden opened a bank account with Gongwen Dong that financed a $100,000 global spending spree with James Biden and Sara Biden.
Hunter Biden also moved millions of dollars from his law firm to James Biden’s and Sara Biden’s firm. Upon being questioned about the transaction, Sara Biden refused to provide supporting documentation and information to more clearly explain the activity. The bank subsequently closed the account.

Hunter Biden paid nonresident women who were nationals of Russia or other Eastern European countries and who appear to be linked to an “Eastern European prostitution or human trafficking ring.”
As outlined in Senate resolution 70, the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee has the express authority “to study or investigate... the efficiency and economy of operations of all branches of the government, including the possible existence of… corruption or unethical practices… [and] conflicts of interest.” The Senate Finance Committee has broad jurisdiction over the United States Government and, the Department of Treasury and the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), which includes oversight jurisdiction over potential financial crimes.

A copy of the full report is available here.

Copies of the investigation's interview transcripts and exhibits are available here.

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/media/majority-media/johnson-grassley-release-report-on-conflicts-of-interest-investigation
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:41pm On Dec 09, 2020
PDPGuy:
I find it hard to believe that of Merrick Garland Biden and his team will not be stupid enough to remove someone in a lifetime appointment for a position that has a term limit and Garland will not even be stupid enough for that.Biden will not remove a judge from his seat to appoint him to such post what experience does Garland even have to run the DOJ.That name should be struck out I even doubt if that is true or it is just being floated same way I don't believe Biden will appoint Rahm Emmanuel to any post as was being rumoured last week I just think those names Garland and Emmanuel will have nothing to do with the Biden administration.

Doug Jones is a good pick but he is a politician and going after Trump will be seen as a witchunt even though he is guilty an independent DOJ as Biden says should not be run by Doug Jones or Sally Yates I don't think the GOP will support her nomination and going after Trump too will be seen as a witchunt especially with those conspiracies about her and the Russia investigation and her sour relationship with the Trump administration

An attorney general with a good track record of fighting racial injustice as black communties leaders have asked for in which Doug Jones falls in will be good for AG.A Lisa Monaco is not new to the DOJ also a good choice too or anyone else.
Biden may appoint Jones due to personal relationship but I don't see Jones doing anything against Trump and even if he does will not be seen as a witchunt against him

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 10:43pm On Dec 09, 2020
PDPGuy:
Will be fine with any of those three because they are good candidates but I think it will go to Fed Judge Merrick as a sort of compensation for the sheananigans performed by TurtleNeck MoscowMitch.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 10:45pm On Dec 09, 2020
If Judge Garland is appointed as AG, the judge that will take his place at Fed Appeals Court will be appointed by President Biden too. So, it is not a loss.
AmazonTopaz:

I find it hard to believe that of Merrick Garland Biden and his team will not be stupid enough to remove someone in a lifetime appointment for a position that has a term limit and Garland will not even be stupid enough for that.Biden will not remove a judge from his seat to appoint him to such post what experience does Garland even have to run the DOJ.That name should be struck out I even doubt if that is true or it is just being floated same way I don't believe Biden will appoint Rahm Emmanuel to any post as was being rumoured last week I just think those names Garland and Emmanuel will have nothing to do with the Biden administration.

Doug Jones is a good pick but he is a politician and going after Trump will be seen as a witchunt even though he is guilty an independent DOJ as Biden says should not be run by Doug Jones or Sally Yates I don't think the GOP will support her nomination and going after Trump too will be seen as a witchunt especially with those conspiracies about her and the Russia investigation and her sour relationship with the Trump administration

An attorney general with a good track record of fighting racial injustice as black communties leaders have asked for in which Doug Jones falls in will be good for AG.A Lisa Monaco is not new to the DOJ also a good choice too or anyone else.
Biden may appoint Jones due to personal relationship but I don't see Jones doing anything against Trump and even if he does will not be seen as a witchunt against him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:45pm On Dec 09, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:
Will be fine with any of those three because they are good candidates but I think it will go to Fed Judge Merrick as a sort of compensation for the sheananigans performed by TurtleNeck MoscowMitch.

Biden will not be stupid to pick Merrick Garland even Garland will decline.
Imagine leaving a lifetime appointment for a term limit post what experience will Garland have running the DOJ.Someone in the DOJ should run it.
You think if republicans control the senate they will easily let Biden appoint judges unless things change though

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:48pm On Dec 09, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:
If Judge Garland is appointed as AG, the judge that will take his place at Fed Appeals Court will be appointed by President Biden too. So, it is not a loss.

Lol will the person not need senate confirmation that is where the battle will begin.
Same way Biden is scared of appointing senators same way he should be scared of appointing judges to his cabinet in a Gop controlled senate unless dems win the runoff or do better in 2022.
If I were Garland I will even decline such nomination

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 10:48pm On Dec 09, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

Imagine leaving a lifetime appointment for a term limit post what experience will Garland have running the DOJ.Someone in the DOJ should run it.
You think if republicans control the senate they will easily let Biden appoint judges unless things change though
It's been done before but what you have to realize is that if he becomes the AG, he would probably serve the four years and will be set for life with his Pensions and 401K. Most of these guys don't want to work till they go to their graves. Living and working in America takes a toll on your health because of the daily grind. If offered, I bet you he will take it.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 10:50pm On Dec 09, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

Lol will the person not need senate confirmation that is where the battle will begin.
Same way Biden is scared of appointing senators same way he should be scared of appointing judges to his cabinet in a Gop controlled senate unless dems win the runoff or do better in 2022.
If I were Garland I will even decline such nomination
Judge Garland will easily win the Senate confirmation and that's the reason Mr Turtleneck refused to put his nomination up when President Obama selected him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:51pm On Dec 09, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:
It's been done before but what you have to realize is that if he becomes the AG, he would probably serve the four years and will be set for life with his Pensions and 401K. Most of these guys don't want to work till they go to their graves. Living and working in America takes a toll on your health because of the daily grind. If offered, I bet you he will take it.
I see your point but I stand with what I said Biden should not nominate Garland and Garland should decline if nominated and the dems themselves should not confirm.
With this current GOP it is better to be safe than sorry the dems don't have the majority to be playing around like that.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 10:53pm On Dec 09, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

I agree

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:54pm On Dec 09, 2020
So Trump on his way out wants to investigate Hunters Taxes.Ok.

This is a tit for tat.Biden should return in kind and check out Trump's corrupt children.

Lol so funny.Someone who does not pay his taxes and owes 421 million dollars debt want to investigate someone else please the US attorney should also beam his search light on the Trump family too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 10:55pm On Dec 09, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

I see your point but I stand with what I said Biden should not nominate Garland and Garland should decline if nominated and the dems themselves should not confirm.
With this current GOP it is better to be safe than sorry the dems don't have the majority to be playing around like that.
Once Biden took the mantle of leadership in Jan, some of these loud mouth Republicans will soften their opposition. The worthless Pig will just be a circus clown barking behind the scene and he won't have the bully pulpit of the Oval Office and Twitter will deal with him like a private citizen and any falsehood from him will get him suspended by Twitter. That's the way the game is played in America and you have to remember a lot of those Senators will be running for reelection in 2022.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by edi287: 10:56pm On Dec 09, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

Doug Jones will get it.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:57pm On Dec 09, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:
Once Biden took the mantle of leadership in Jan, some of these loud mouth Republicans will soften their opposition. The worthless Pig will just be a circus clown barking behind the scene and he won't have the bully pulpit of the Oval Office and Twitter will deal with him like a private citizen and any falsehood from him will get him suspended by Twitter. That's the way the game is played in America and you have to remember a lot of those Senators will be running for reelection in 2022
I like your optimism and hope you are right.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 10:58pm On Dec 09, 2020
Interestingly, in the Texas vs Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan and Wisconsin case, the Texas legal team are NOT alleging fraud.

They are only alleging that the Defendant states did not comply with the provisions of their respective constitutions/statutes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ono(m): 10:58pm On Dec 09, 2020
You know, I like how you Biden attack dogs like to "re-group" when threatened with facts.

Smell the coffee goons, Biden will not step an inch close to the White House come January 20th, 2021. He's got enough incriminating evidence to have him and many members of his family locked up for a long time. LOL.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by edi287: 10:59pm On Dec 09, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

This is a tit for tat.Biden should return in kind and check out Trump's corrupt children.

Lol so funny.Someone who does not pay his taxes and owes 421 million dollars debt want to investigate someone else please the US attorney should also beam his search light on the Trump family too.
Biden's DOJ will seriously deal with that guy. In fact I think he'll let NY deal with the orange mongrel.
He better really be praying the world ends before Jan 20th

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by edi287: 11:00pm On Dec 09, 2020
ono:
You know, I like how you Biden attack dogs like to "re-group" when threatened with facts.

Smell the coffee goons, Biden will not step an inch close to the White House come January 20th, 2021. He's got enough incriminating evidence to have him and many members of his family locked up for a long time. LOL.
We will see. You've been embarrassed over and over again here its pitiful.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 11:00pm On Dec 09, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

I am not even angry at the Feds looking at his taxes even though it's political. No one wants IRS on his rear and my wife and I went through it and it took us four years to clean the mess up but I tell you, those guys are very scary to deal with. We will see how it goes but that's just to tell you that every American should be very happy the Orange Pig didn't win his reelection. That Racist Pig would have turn America to the Germany of late 20s and early 30s.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by edi287: 11:00pm On Dec 09, 2020
PDPGuy:
Interestingly, in the Texas vs Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan and Wisconsin case, the Texas legal team are NOT alleging fraud.

They are only alleging that the Defendant states did not comply with the provisions of their respective constitutions/statutes.
The shameless comedians know the fraud thing is now overplayed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 11:02pm On Dec 09, 2020
edi287:

Doug Jones will get it.

Very likely but why can't Biden look for someone in the DOJ to run it.
Why Jones he is a politician he will come and tell us that it is because he is his long time friend and trust him.blah blah anyway it is his choice.Hopefully he goes after Trump because many people voted Biden to see Trump dealt with Trump is looking for dirt on Hunter Biden so no mercy for Trump and his family.If Biden pardons these people in this administration and looks the other way then him and the democrats are FOOLS if they think the GOP will do same for them or turn the other cheek like the dems usually do.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 11:02pm On Dec 09, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

I like your optimism and hope you are right.

That's the way the game is played. You will see what some of those Republicans licking the rear of Trump will be saying about him after Biden is sworn in. These guys only worry about one thing and that's getting reelected.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 11:05pm On Dec 09, 2020
ono:

When BIDEN is sworn in on January 20th 2021 I hope you won't deactivate this account or run away.Who are you calling attack dogs,are you normal?We will soon see who is the attack dog very soon you are an adult reasoning like a toddler such a joke you are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 11:06pm On Dec 09, 2020
edi287:

We will see. You've been embarrassed over and over again here its pitiful.

Like I said earlier that ono guy needs serious deliverance.

Biden and his family will go to jail for what exactly? undecided
What a dunce

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) (1731) (1732) (1733) ... (4187) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.