Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,352 members, 7,839,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1659171 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (4152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:04pm On Apr 18, 2019
Timbuktuo:

You're right. The biggest leaks should be plugged and the smaller, less dangerous ones tended to after. Then, consider how much more important defense is colored to other items on the appropriations list.

The challenge is the government of the day having the will and courage to incisive audits and budget adjustments where required. In the US, though, the Military Industrial Complex is a ruthless beast. I'm not sure Trump can successfully take them on at the point in time, or if he even has any such intentions.
Intentions? Lol! I think the "Military Industrial Complex" is so ruthless a beast that anybody who becomes president knows to take a share and shut the fuq up or get eat. Besides, Trump had pledged to "rebuild" the military as part of his 2016 Presidential campaign and he is not known to go against his own intentions or turn down a dollar. I expect him to have a war somewhere before his second term ends if he ever gets one. That's why some are fighting him now to make sure he doesn't; racism, the wall, abortion rights, all just smokes of distraction. We got to Tuesday, 3 November 2020 to stop him. Eyes sure are open enough to see him coming.

The link has worth read about the "beast" for any interested.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Headboy2000: 12:24am On Apr 19, 2019
Link to full redacted Mueller 448-page report:

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

The report also reveals:

- It is divided into two volumes: 207 pages on collusion, and 241 on obstruction

- The report crucially says that the special counsel did not clear President Trump

- Mr Trump reportedly used an expletive ( 'I'm f***ed. This is the end of my presidency') when the investigation was announced, adding: "Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency"

- Mr Mueller examined 10 actions by the president in regards to obstruction of justice, which he said largely "took place in public view"

- The report says that potential obstruction of justice by the president only failed because members of his administration, including former FBI Director James Comey, refused to "carry out orders"

- Investigators viewed the president's written responses to their questions as "inadequate" but chose not to pursue a potentially lengthy legal battle to interview him

- Mr Trump dictated a misleading response as to what the June 2016 meeting between Russian intermediaries and Trump campaign officials in Trump Tower was about - this had earlier been denied by Mr Trump's lawyer and White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders

- The special counsel considered charging the president's son, Donald Trump Jr, and son-in-law Jared Kushner but did not think they could meet the Department of Justice's burden of proof that they wilfully broke the law

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by OyinbowithaTan(m): 3:35am On Apr 19, 2019
Headboy2000:

The report also reveals:

- It is divided into two volumes: 207 pages on collusion, and 241 on obstruction

- The report crucially says that the special counsel did not clear President Trump

- Mr Trump reportedly used an expletive ( 'I'm f***ed. This is the end of my presidency') when the investigation was announced, adding: "Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency"

- Mr Mueller examined 10 actions by the president in regards to obstruction of justice, which he said largely "took place in public view"

- The report says that potential obstruction of justice by the president only failed because members of his administration, including former FBI Director James Comey, refused to "carry out orders"

- Investigators viewed the president's written responses to their questions as "inadequate" but chose not to pursue a potentially lengthy legal battle to interview him

- Mr Trump dictated a misleading response as to what the June 2016 meeting between Russian intermediaries and Trump campaign officials in Trump Tower was about - this had earlier been denied by Mr Trump's lawyer and White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders

- The special counsel considered charging the president's son, Donald Trump Jr, and son-in-law Jared Kushner but did not think they could meet the Department of Justice's burden of proof that they wilfully broke the law

Trump has the legal authority to fire Comey and Mueller day 1. Obstruction of Justice is the CIA and FBI LOL. They committed crimes. Justice is not a Coup against a legally elected POTUS.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 7:09am On Apr 19, 2019
Headboy2000:

The report also reveals:

The only thing that was crucial in that report is that Mueller found no collusion between the trump campaign and Russia to manipulate the 2016 elections. All those other things the media is trying to spin is just hogwash. The Job of the Special independent counsel is to find, indict and prosecute crime not to be telling us what the president said and didn't say when he was appointed. If he couldn't conclude that the president or his campaign organisation committed any offence, then his job is over and done. If Congress wants to start investigating why president Trump said "I am fvcked" then good luck to them but bear in mind saying "I am fvcked" is not a crime grin. Clowns!! All the so called 11 obstruction evidence are things the president is legally empowered to do so if he can do them legally, then how is it a crime. Mueller knew as much and that's why he didn't indict the president on obstruction.

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 19, 2019
Donny Boy, the Grand Master of Corruption and Obstruction. grin

RIP GOP, party of morals and values. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:05am On Apr 19, 2019
I guess we could say collusion was not found because Trump obstructed the view.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 11:13am On Apr 19, 2019
The liberal media spin machine is at full throttle today and spinning away. Mueller found no collusion and didn't decide on obstruction just like bill Barr said. End of story

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:46am On Apr 19, 2019
Anduku:
The liberal media doin machine is at full throttle today and spinning away. Mueller found no collusion and didn't decide on obstruction just like bill Barr said. End of story
"End of story" lol! As if you'd "end of story" if it were your opponent! "Start of story", if anything. The opposition are not letting this go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 6:46pm On Apr 19, 2019
budaatum:

"End of story" lol! As if you'd "end of story" if it were your opponent! "Start of story", if anything. The opposition are not letting this go.

If they are not letting it go then too bad for them but as far as the Mueller probe is concerned, after two years of thorough investigations with unlimited resources, Mueller did not indict the President on collusion or obstruction. End of story. The liberal lunatics can go knock them out spinning trash but when they are done with their foolishness, one thing will be abundantly clear, this investigation was started to find out if there was collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia to influence the elections, The answer is out and crystal clear, there was NO COLLUSION!!!!!!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:17pm On Apr 19, 2019
Anduku:

If they are not letting it go then too bad for them but as far as the Mueller probe is concerned, after two years of thorough investigations with unlimited resources, Mueller did indict the President on collusion or obstruction. End of story. The liberal lunatics can go knock them out spinning trash but when they are done with their foolishness, one thing will be abundantly clear, this investigation was started to find out if there was collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia to influence the elections, The answer is out and crystal clear, there was NO COLLUSION!!!!!!
I'm going to accuse you of missing the forest Anduku. I reckon the Mueller Probe was to destroy Trump and had absolutely nothing to do with "collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia to influence the elections" apart from using it as a bullet to destroy Trump. That bullet didn't work so I expect them to reload and shoot again and again and again and again until they hit their mark or run out of bullets or are stopped. I'm cynical I guess.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by kopfschmerzen: 8:21pm On Apr 19, 2019
Lies, cover up, straight up corruption and dirty dealings and these lunatics here are spewing trash. These idiots should be eaten by a wild beast.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Martinez39(m): 8:53am On Apr 20, 2019
raumdeuter:

Your education is an investment into your future and as with every investment, you put something into it

When you start making millions from your investment, you keep the bulk of your money

While some people are taking loans to study Medicine, Law, Engineering, Finance and Science, Some are taking these loans to study Tree climbing, How to watch Television, Angry white Male Studies, Surfing Science, Pop culture, Comedy and Professional Nannying. And you expect them to do this for free?

https://www.ccn.com/angry-white-male-studies-class-at-university-of-kansas-stirs-backlash

grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by zendi: 5:42pm On Apr 20, 2019
Headboy2000:

The report also reveals:

He used the expletives (if he used them), not because he had crime to hide, but because he had been told that special counsel probe would drag on and on and bog down his government.

7 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 6:14pm On Apr 20, 2019
ALERT!! ALERT!! Pls my dear comrades, stop responding to Kopsch. by quoting him directly, you may be banned by Spam bot, I've noticed anytime I reply to him(It) directly I get somehow banned. That guy or something is a VIRUS - a talking bot, and a pile of sh*t grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 6:21pm On Apr 20, 2019
zendi:

He used the expletives (if he used them), not because he had crime to hide, but because he had been told that special counsel probe would drag on and on and bog down his government.
The media wants us to believe that when an investigation (which in d case of Trump was illegal in d first place) begins on a person and that person notices that there's BIAS and then pushes back on it by crying foul play - that automatically translates to OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE. grin grin Only fools would believe in that sort of a thing.

7 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 6:23pm On Apr 20, 2019
Elizabeth Warren has now taken the bull by the horn by directly calling and pushing for the impeachment of the President. To me she's only just trying to set herself up as the I-am-tough-on-Trump Candidate, Good luck with that, 1/1024th Amercan Indian grin grin

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 7:07pm On Apr 20, 2019
obixcel:
Elizabeth Warren has now taken the bull by the horn by directly calling and pushing for the impeachment of the President. To me she's only just trying to set herself up as the I-am-tough-on-Trump Candidate, Good luck with that, 1/1024th Amercan Indian grin grin
grin grin
Well, the House could impeach him; but there will be no trial, let alone, conviction in the Senate. The politically smart thing for Congressional Democrats to do is to officially censure Trump.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by OyinbowithaTan(m): 7:12pm On Apr 20, 2019
obixcel:

Trump lives in her head. Just using Twitter he got her to do a DNA test, she has less Native blood than an average white in the USA.
[img]https://pics.me.me/chief-fb-com-capitalists-spreading-bull-sen-elizabeth-warren-31909917.png[/img]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timbuktuo: 9:19pm On Apr 20, 2019
budaatum:

Intentions? Lol! I think the "Military Industrial Complex" is so ruthless a beast that anybody who becomes president knows to take a share and shut the fuq up or get eat. Besides, Trump had pledged to "rebuild" the military as part of his 2016 Presidential campaign and he is not known to go against his own intentions or turn down a dollar. I expect him to have a war somewhere before his second term ends if he ever gets one. That's why some are fighting him now to make sure he doesn't; racism, the wall, abortion rights, all just smokes of distraction. We got to Tuesday, 3 November 2020 to stop him. Eyes sure are open enough to see him coming.

I doubt Trump wants to have any war anytime within his presidency. His sole aim is to be seen as the saviour of America from the claws of globalists. I really doubt he wants involve himself with such a huge distraction as a war.

However, I expect him to not turn down a fight if any country is silly enough to take the first shot at America.

I'll check the link, though.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timbuktuo: 9:20pm On Apr 20, 2019
budaatum:

Trump will win 2020 in a landslide. More Americans are waking up to the hypocrisy of the left and they are seeing that the left's attacks on Trump lack merit. This has naturally added these people to the Trump base. Expect more as time goes by.

Meanwhile, the spying allegations are going to be investigated and your guess is as good as mine what Trump's investigators will find. Trump allowing himself be investigated will force the hands of Obama, Hillary and Co. They will have no choice than to present themselves for investigation and I can bet you dirt will be found. Enough dirt to help usher in Trump 2020. grin

Dem done serve put for baba hand. Trump will so milk the next two years democrats' heads won't stop spinning.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 11:39am On Apr 21, 2019
Timbuktuo:

Trump will win 2020 in a landslide. More Americans are waking up to the hypocrisy of the left and they are seeing that the left's attacks on Trump lack merit. This has naturally added these people to the Trump base. Expect more as time goes by.

Meanwhile, the spying allegations are going to be investigated and your guess is as good as mine what Trump's investigators will find. Trump allowing himself be investigated will force the hands of Obama, Hillary and Co. They will have no choice than to present themselves for investigation and I can bet you dirt will be found. Enough dirt to help usher in Trump 2020. grin

Dem done serve put for baba hand. Trump will so milk the next two years democrats' heads won't stop spinning.
The DEMS and their media allies are working overtime to keep dis artificial conjured Cloud of supposed Obstruction of Justice/Collusion hanging over Trump regardless of the Exoneration of the POTUS by the same Mueller Report (eventhough parts of the Reports were written haphazardly). The whole aim is to stall the Trump administration from investigating and looking in their own direction, how the Illegal investigation started, who did what and the FISA abuse.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
obixcel:
The DEMS and their media allies are working overtime to keep dis artificial conjured Cloud of supposed Obstruction of Justice/Collusion hanging over Trump regardless of the Exoneration of the POTUS by the same Mueller Report (eventhough parts of the Reports were written haphazardly). The whole aim is to stall the Trump administration from investigating and looking in their own direction, how the Illegal investigation started, who did what and the FISA abuse.
Can't potus have them investigated, or hasn't he got the powers?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 4:05am On Apr 22, 2019
In my opinion Trump from day one knew that Comey had cleared Hillary Clinton unfairly. Trump knew Comey FBI had spied on him.
Trump asked Comey to come clear that the POTUS was not under investigation.
So he fired him for his misdeeds. Then Comey leaks classified memos to the media thru his friend and BAM Mueller gets appointment as SC and probes Trump for obstruction because he fired dirty cop Comey.

The take on this . An FBI director can open a vague investigation on the president . If the president fires him , then FBI opens an obstruction of Justice against the president.

is that the precedent Dems want?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:20pm On Apr 22, 2019
basilico:

The take on this . An FBI director can open a vague investigation on the president . If the president fires him , then FBI opens an obstruction of Justice against the president.

is that the precedent Dems want?
President beneath the law? Yes please, I want it. Bring it to my Nigeria and I'd love it in fact!
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Appleyard(m): 6:33pm On Apr 22, 2019
The report also reveals:

- The report crucially says that the special counsel did not clear President Trump.

In law, there are what we called "expressed and implied" terms. You don't always need the fact to be spelled out in black and white before one can ascertain its reality.

From the postulations and final summation of the Mueller's report, the Potus is fully discharged and acquitted of any wrong doing pertaining to collusion and obstruction of Justice. Even blind Bathemos knows the legal mindset that underlines the final report. cool

Mr Trump reportedly used an expletive ( 'I'm f***ed. This is the end of my presidency') when the investigation was announced, adding: "Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency".

Mere speculation doesn't suffice. The only thing Trump was televised saying is "no collusion, no obstruction".

Give us facts, not speculations.

Mr Mueller examined 10 actions by the president in regards to obstruction of justice, which he said largely "took place in public view"

- The report says that potential obstruction of justice by the president only failed because members of his administration, including former FBI Director James Comey, refused to "carry out orders".

This is one of the reasons why the Mueller's investigation was doomed to fail ab initio. No court of law will entertain evidence based on presumption. 'Potential' is not the same as 'Actual.' Saying that a case of “potential" obstruction of justice only failed because the president aides/key men failed to act shows that the investigation has no reliable ground of evidence upon which they can argue beyond reasonable doubt. In other words, they shouldn't have brought up the issue of obstruction of justice at all as they have no ground of evidence since the term "potential" is not an arguable fact in issue, but a speculative premise that seek to establish an issue without a fact.

I find this very unintelligent, pathetic, and blatantly disgraceful for such a high profiled investigation.

Even my grandmother in the village can do better. grin

This, I must say, is one of the many reasons why people are saying the whole investigation is nothing but a political witch hunt.

Investigators viewed the president's written responses to their questions as "inadequate" but chose not to pursue a potentially lengthy legal battle to interview him.
Inadequate? Bunch of Ediots! Do they expect the president to appear and testify before them? They chose not to pursue the case because they have NOTHING to pursue. Period.

Again, using that term "potential" shows that Mueller and his team are rookies who understand little or nothing about law. Even a half-baked lawyer would have roasted and make a mockery of them in court should they rely on this report as source of evidence. Very pathetic. angry

Mr Trump dictated a misleading response as to what the June 2016 meeting between Russian intermediaries and Trump campaign officials in Trump Tower was about - this had earlier been denied by Mr Trump's lawyer and White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders

You consider charging two alleged offenders (meaning you are certain of the facts based on concrete evidence) but you let go because you don't think they will meet the burden of proof of the Department of Justice. What an irony.

The legal thunder that will blast Mueller and his team of rookies is still doing press up in the Nigerian Supreme Court of Justice.

It is clear that this whole thing is a case of political witch hunt by disgruntled elements in the deep state.

A report of more than 400 pages with no shred of evidence relating to collusion and obstruction, but Laden with innuendos, presumptions and sheer irony, is corruption in itself.

If any one is still hoping to get something from this report, including the redacted pages, which is standard with such findings, then that person need deliverance.

I rest my case. cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timbuktuo: 8:18pm On Apr 22, 2019
obixcel:

They will be brought to book if that is the last thing Trump does. The man does not suffer attacks gladly. Imagine how he gave, and still gives, it hot to anybody that misfires in his direction.

If there's anything you can take to the bank, it's that Trump will hit back and he will hit back hard.

All the dems' shenanigans will blow up spectacularly in their hypocritical faces. They can run but not hide

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by A40(m): 11:39pm On Apr 22, 2019
Still wondering why Obama, Hillary and the PC crowd can't call the Sri Lankans that were murdered Christians. WTF is an Easter Worshipper? Is the word Christian outlawed in their lingo? Found that a bit disturbing

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 11:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
@Appleyard: Are you seriously saying that the lawyers, who worked under Mueller are a bunch of rookies? shocked
Bear in mind that those lawyers are some of the best Criminal lawyers in the country. And a good number of them are partners at major law firms.

Also, the Mueller report insinuates that Trump attempted to commit obstruction of justice. If there was ‘potential’ obstruction of justice, it wouldn’t even be mentioned in the report since prosecutors generally only talk about prima facie crimes.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (4152) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.