Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,435 members, 7,823,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (2076) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1622936 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) ... (4140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by edi287: 9:03pm On Mar 22, 2021
salford1:

I am sure you are aware that no contraceptive is 100% accurate except abstinence. I am guessing you are not yet married.

[/b]However, I do support that it's better a pregnancy is terminated before the foetus has an heartbeat[b].

I also agree with you that it's better to let go if it's a pregnancy that has the possibility of taking the life of the expectant mother. Sometimes, this is not often seen on an ultra sound till much later. Women's health is very complex. Any doctor, especially Obstetrics and gynecology physicians would tell us that. With the terrible healthcare services in Nigeria, the Maternal Mortality Ratio (MMR) of Nigeria is 814 (per 100,000 live births), in contrast to the lifetime risk in developed countries estimated at 1 in 4900, so in a developing country like Nigeria, the situation is even worse. While all these are not related to pregnancy that should not have been kept, it also probably has a good percentage in that ratio.

This is the crux of the matter. For me it's unacceptable for people to abort a baby at 25 weeks...no way anyone can convince me that isn't murder.
Some people are fine with abortion at 25
weeks but scream " Animal rights" and PETA our asses all day long. Animals are now more important than a living being with a heartbeat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by edi287: 9:04pm On Mar 22, 2021
budaatum:

Shoot me!
Na why would I? grin grin grin
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 9:35pm On Mar 22, 2021
edi287:

The mother should not let it get to 100 weeks. I can understand if it's rape or incest but two grown adults should be responsible to know if they're ready for a kid or not.

A man and a woman can agree to have a baby, 25 weeks into the pregnancy, the man can change his mind and pullout of the agreement to move on with his life, The responsibility of 2 people becomes hers alone.

The woman might see that her physical and mental health is not good to carry and deliver a baby but she is now forced to carry the decision of 2 people alone

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by edi287: 9:48pm On Mar 22, 2021
raumdeuter:

A man and a woman can agree to have a baby, 25 weeks into the pregnancy, the man can change his mind and pullout of the agreement to move on with his life, The responsibility of 2 people becomes hers alone.

The woman might see that her physical and mental health is not good to carry and deliver a baby but she is now forced to carry the decision of 2 people alone
That is why the man should be forced to look after his wife till she has a kid.
Men just can't get a woman pregnant and leave in the middle of the pregnancy. It's ridiculous...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 9:57pm On Mar 22, 2021
pompeiimagnus:

You are very right, both morally and biologically. I support planned parenthood, but on issues like abortion, I believe that a foetus has the right to life once it's past 4 weeks. 4 to 6 weeks is sufficient time for both parents to reach a mutual decision.

If a foetus has the right to life, what of the woman? Where does her own right to her womb and her body start? If she says she does not want the foetus inside her and definitely does not want to birth and care for a baby, are you going to put a gun to her head? Or in the alternative threaten her with prison (her and the baby)?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 10:12pm On Mar 22, 2021
KrAkReN
grin

Sidney Powell legal defence- someone cannot play with you

cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 10:53pm On Mar 22, 2021
edi287:

Men just can't get a woman pregnant and leave in the middle of the pregnancy. It's ridiculous...

Can you really force a man to stay? He can walk or even if you force him to stay, Can you force commitment out of him? What if he is staying there just like a figurehead and not really involved checked out and shacking up with another woman

At the end of it, Its only the woman that nature has tied to the foetus which is why its the womans choice that matter most in this case

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:57pm On Mar 22, 2021
edi287:

Na why would I? grin grin grin

I know you are too nice to shoot me, Edi.
I'm just letting the militant girl out in me.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:03pm On Mar 22, 2021
edi287:

Animals are now more important than a living being with a heartbeat.

There must be a point where I should have made up my mind whether to abort or not, and anything longer than say 3 months is far too much dithering for me. However, I can't impose my 3 months on others since not everyone is as sharp as buda.

So, if it gets to the point that you can get it to breath outside me, I agree with you that killing it is murder, and you must shoot me or do to me what you do to murderers. But any time before that, my body, so lay off!

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:06pm On Mar 22, 2021
raumdeuter:

She can give it up for adoption if she gets to 25 weeks and should be encouraged to because the trauma of aborting after the foetus has been in you for so long will be more traumatic, studies have found.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:07pm On Mar 22, 2021
edi287:

Pigs!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11214315_notable01822_jpeg2611c5fd5d904ff0eaad1e26d2309d88

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:11pm On Mar 22, 2021
Timiofak:
KrAkReN
grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13297650_5a798ee2ed434462904274d6a193c0e8_jpeg_jpeg09849122e5e51fd8a6a8cc356a8d6246 cheesy

I blame us for being negligent! angry If we had introduced her to dapandonoandwowandbasili&co she would have realised that a lot of unreasonable people listened and believed her.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by pompeiimagnus: 11:24pm On Mar 22, 2021
wirinet:

If a foetus has the right to life, what of the woman? Where does her own right to her womb and her body start? If she says she does not want the foetus inside her and definitely does not want to birth and care for a baby, are you going to put a gun to her head? Or in the alternative threaten her with prison (her and the baby)?

As I said previously, I believe that the decision to abort should always rest on the mother. However, that right to decide should fall within acceptable legal provisions and guidelines, just as every other fundamental right currently does. Unless it's for medical reasons, aborting a foetus beyond the first trimester is clearly murder.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by pompeiimagnus: 11:28pm On Mar 22, 2021
edi287:

This is the crux of the matter. For me it's unacceptable for people to abort a baby at 25 weeks...no way anyone can convince me that isn't murder.
Some people are fine with abortion at 25
weeks but scream " Animal rights" and PETA our asses all day long. Animals are now more important than a living being with a heartbeat.

Exactly! Americans love their dogs and cats and can go over and beyond for them. But when it comes down to a foetus that depends on its mother for life, they look the other way.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by pompeiimagnus: 11:41pm On Mar 22, 2021
raumdeuter:

In America, child support is an "inescapable obligation" for any man that has a child with a woman, even if they are not married. All these talks about the man leaving is just funny and false. No man in America can run away from child support.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 11:48pm On Mar 22, 2021
pompeiimagnus:

In America, child support is an "inescapable obligation" for any man that has a child with a woman, even if they are not married. All these talks about the man leaving is just funny and false. No man in America can run away from child support.

Is child support not for men working on the table? There are guys that have many children and you cannot get a dime from them because they are not in the formal sector

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by pompeiimagnus: 11:51pm On Mar 22, 2021
raumdeuter:

Can you really force a man to stay? He can walk or even if you force him to stay, Can you force commitment out of him? What if he is staying there just like a figurehead and not really involved checked out and shacking up with another woman

At the end of it, Its only the woman that nature has tied to the foetus which is why its the womans choice that matter most in this case

The man is actually free to leave whenever he likes, but he cannot escape paying child support for his child if they haven't turned 18. The Courts in America will frustrate him forever if he tries that.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by pompeiimagnus: 11:53pm On Mar 22, 2021
raumdeuter:

Is child support not for men working on the table? There are guys that have many children and you cannot get a dime from them because they are not in the formal sector

He must pay something every week no matter how small. That's the reality here. An undergraduate student (he's 19) I know currently pays his baby mama (she's 19 too) $75 weekly from whatever income he makes. No running away on this matter.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by edi287: 11:59pm On Mar 22, 2021
pompeiimagnus:

Exactly! Americans love their dogs and cats and can go over and beyond for them. But when it comes down to a foetus that depends on its mother for life, they look the other way.
The thing is tiring!! I'll never understand the logic behind it..

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by edi287: 11:59pm On Mar 22, 2021
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by edi287: 12:00am On Mar 23, 2021
budaatum:

There must be a point where I should have made up my mind whether to abort or not, and anything longer than say 3 months is far too much dithering for me. However, I can't impose my 3 months on others since not everyone is as sharp as buda.

So, if it gets to the point that you can get it to breath outside me, I agree with you that killing it is murder, and you must shoot me or do to me what you do to murderers. But any time before that, my body, so lay off!
I still say 8 weeks should be the longest it takes to make a decision.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by edi287: 12:05am On Mar 23, 2021
raumdeuter:

8 weeks should be enough for both to decide what to do moving forward. If things go bad after 25 weeks - a reasonable person would at least support a woman till she's given birth.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by edi287: 12:06am On Mar 23, 2021
Timiofak:
KrAkReN
grin

cheesy
Just look at this foolishness...Sidney Powell and Lin Wood must pay for this.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 12:07am On Mar 23, 2021
edi287:

8 weeks should be enough for both to decide what to do moving forward. If things go bad after 25 weeks - a reasonable person would at least support a woman till she's given birth.

You are banking on people being reasonable. How many people are reasonable? In Nigeria, In America, Do you know how many people flee after pregnancy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 12:36am On Mar 23, 2021
Another senseless shooting

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 4:26am On Mar 23, 2021
pompeiimagnus:

As I said previously, I believe that the decision to abort should always rest on the mother. However, that right to decide should fall within acceptable legal provisions and guidelines, just as every other fundamental right currently does. Unless it's for medical reasons, aborting a foetus beyond the first trimester is clearly murder.

I have always frown at late term abortion. This is due to the fact that late term abortion is much more riskier to the woman and elicit strong emotions from the society. Having said that, pro life supporters are muddling the debate with unreasonable and emotional arguments. How can you equate abortion to murder? Do they even understand what murder means? Even killing a person in front of live TV or online does not necessarily equate to murder not to talk of aborting a foetus which is not considered a legal person yet. If abortion is made illegal, then a person will be charged for abortion and never murder.

I am glad progress that at least being made on this abortion debate, as conservative religious people are beginning so accept that women has some rights to their bodies and lives. A few years ago, they believe women should not even use condoms or any contraceptives, and once she becomes pregnant, she must the force to birth the baby, whether it was rape, the man responsible has gone AWOL or even if her health is at risk.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:07am On Mar 23, 2021
happney65:
Another senseless shooting
The most annoying thing is that the city banned AR15.Many of the mass shootings that have been carried out AR15 was used what on Earth is a civilian doing with an AR15.Former chief justice Warren in 1991 said the second amendment is a fraud and he did not lie.The NRA went to sue the city and one judge allowed for the use of AR15 and 6 days later this happens.The NRA needs to be dealt with and gun control reforms must be passed by the Dems or this nonsense won't stop

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:13am On Mar 23, 2021
I don't understand these people's obsession with guns that was how that nutcase Congresswoman from Colorado was talking about taking arms to Congress and how she has hidden her guns and Biden cannot take them blah blah all to instill fear on people.What is the use of the NRA undecided undecided how I wish they themselves could be sued in connection to this mass shooting that happened.Why will civilians be having access to guns meant for war and the military All in the name of second amendment.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 8:45am On Mar 23, 2021
Its guns that killnot people who usually have mental health issues.

Ladyhippolyta88:
The most annoying thing is that the city banned AR15.Many of the mass shootings that have been carried out AR15 was used what on Earth is a civilian doing with an AR15.Former chief justice Warren in 1991 said the second amendment is a fraud and he did not lie.The NRA went to sue the city and one judge allowed for the use of AR15 and 6 days later this happens.The NRA needs to be dealt with and gun control reforms must be passed by the Dems or this nonsense won't stop
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 9:50am On Mar 23, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

They know where the problem is from. They know the way out but they simply wont do it. It is senseless and foolishness for weapons of war to be left in the hands of civilians. I support law enforcement agencies 100% in all regards.I support them to use whatever weapon that is meant to be used because they are trained and empowered by law to use it.. Not one deranged fellow will now carry gun and starts shooting people.

Nobody is safe there,I mean you go to a public place, you always look over your shoulder every now and then because one deranged fellow might just start shooting and killing people at will..I mean these are avoidable deaths. No civilian should have any right to Military style grade weapon.. No civilian at all because these guns kill faster. I mean these are deaths that should not even occur at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:55am On Mar 23, 2021
happney65:

They know where the problem is from. They know the way out but they simply wont do it. It is senseless and foolishness for weapons of war to be left in the hands of civilians. I support law enforcement agencies 100% in all regards.I support them to use whatever weapon that is meant to be used because they are trained and empowered by law to use it.. Not one deranged fellow will now carry gun and starts shooting people.

Nobody is safe there,I mean you go to a public place, you always look over your shoulder every now and then because one deranged fellow might just start shooting and killing people at will..I mean these are avoidable deaths. No civilian should have any right to Military style grade weapon.. No civilian at all because these guns kill faster. I mean these are deaths that should not even occur at all.
I couldn't agree more

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:01am On Mar 23, 2021
edi287:

I still say 8 weeks should be the longest it takes to make a decision.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, we all can only speak for ourselves and burn for our own sins. Some have carried to term and dumped it in a soakaway.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) ... (4140) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.