Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,438 members, 7,850,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:16 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (2148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1682357 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2145) (2146) (2147) (2148) (2149) (2150) (2151) ... (4166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Cornpop: 9:10pm On Apr 15, 2021
This country is shit ever since Biden stole the election

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:27pm On Apr 15, 2021
PDPGuy:

My only concern about the whole effort to add justices to the High court is that the Republicans may do the same whenever they gain control of Capitol Hill and the White House.

Then, we may see a 21-member US Supreme Court grin
I think it is just posturing for the justices to sit tight and do their jobs instead of being partisan and passing unpopular judgements.
Aside politics the court is due for reform which includes expansion it is not unconstitutional to expand it.RepubliQans were okay with 8 justices just to deny Obama that seat and the appointment of over 100 judges to the bench.It is annoying I don't blame those people who are angry the RepubliQans started the whole thing if they cannot get through the ballot they pass their unpopular agenda through the courts the courts should reflect the majority.Gen Z and Millennials mostly identify as liberal or independent leaning liberal so why can't the court the lower circuit courts had the number of judges expanded to 13 so why can't the supreme court even Nigeria here expands the number of supreme court justices.
I feel the nation is too polarised for expansion but it has to be looked into in the future.This is posturing from the Dems and I love how republiQans are sweating Moscow Mitch was panicking today it goes to show that two can play the game.The justices in the court don't like the idea of expansion so they better sit up they know this.I feel that should they rule against a popular law like what these Twitter user made mention of which I attached like Obamacare,LGBT,Abortion etc they will force the hands of the Democrats to act so they will thread with caution knowing fully well that expansion is in the air.

That said I agree with prideoflincoln1 that DC statehood,Voting rights act and immigration reform is top priority.I don't see the courts striking down solid legislations like this if they do expansion will happen sooner or later if you ask me. The GQP started all these

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:29pm On Apr 15, 2021
Abeg na who use water take offend republiQans

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 10:23pm On Apr 15, 2021
You nailed it in your last paragraph that DC and Puerto Rico getting Statehood like Hawaii and Alaska did a little over two generations ago will be devastating to the GQPers to borrow your phrase.
AmazonTopaz:

I think it is just posturing for the justices to sit tight and do their jobs instead of being partisan and passing unpopular judgements.
Aside politics the court is due for reform which includes expansion it is not unconstitutional to expand it.RepubliQans were okay with 8 justices just to deny Obama that seat and the appointment of over 100 judges to the bench.It is annoying I don't blame those people who are angry the RepubliQans started the whole thing if they cannot get through the ballot they pass their unpopular agenda through the courts the courts should reflect the majority.Gen Z and Millennials mostly identify as liberal or independent leaning liberal so why can't the court the lower circuit courts had the number of judges expanded to 13 so why can't the supreme court even Nigeria here expands the number of supreme court justices.
I feel the nation is too polarised for expansion but it has to be looked into in the future.This is posturing from the Dems and I love how republiQans are sweating Moscow Mitch was panicking today it goes to show that two can play the game.The justices in the court don't like the idea of expansion so they better sit up they know this.I feel that should they rule against a popular law like what these Twitter user made mention of which I attached like Obamacare,LGBT,Abortion etc they will force the hands of the Democrats to act so they will thread with caution knowing fully well that expansion is in the air.

That said I agree with prideoflincoln1 that DC statehood,Voting rights act and immigration reform is top priority.I don't see the courts striking down solid legislations like this if they do expansion will happen sooner or later if you ask me. The GQP started all these

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 10:25pm On Apr 15, 2021
AmazonTopaz:
When they can't win at the polls, they resort to all kind of crazy ideas. The Republicons know that if all eligible Americans vote, they will be a permanent minority Party in the Fruited Plains.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 11:10pm On Apr 15, 2021
PrideofLincoln1:
PDPGuy, I am with you on this SCOTUS debate. They need to leave it at Nine Justices because we all know that the wheel of leadership changes in America. I want the Congress and the Senate to concentrate in making DC and PR States. Those two States will permanently put a nail in the coffin of the Republicons.

As Amazon said, I also think it’s more of political posturing at this point than a solid plan to actually increase the size of the High Court.

Now, I also don’t think both DC and PR will become states. There is a greater chance of DC becoming the 51st state simply because local Puerto Rican’s have consistently been against becoming a US state, according to polls taken on the issue.
But who knows whether Puerto Rican opinions would change in the coming months..
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 11:11pm On Apr 15, 2021
AmazonTopaz:
grin grin

Don’t you know water aids in rigging elections? In the elections business, we call it aqua-rigging.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ribbit: 11:34pm On Apr 15, 2021
Men police and guns are out of control in america.

I'm starting to think police have killed more than the gangs.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 11:40pm On Apr 15, 2021
PDPGuy:

As Amazon said, I also think it’s more of political posturing at this point than a solid plan to actually increase the size of the High Court.

Now, I also don’t think both DC and PR will become states. There is a greater chance of DC becoming the 51st state simply because local Puerto Rican’s have consistently been against becoming a US state, according to polls taken on the issue.
But who knows whether Puerto Rican opinions would change in the coming months..
In fact, few years ago there was a non binding referendum in Puerto Rico where a little over 52% of Puerto Ricans who voted did in favor of Statehood saying they are tired of being a Commonwealth. I think another referendum will be coming up in few years and we will know then. It's more favorable for Puerto Rico to be a State than being a Commonwealth of America.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by MarjieJ57(f): 11:46pm On Apr 15, 2021
She was not a Rookie. She was a 26 year veteran training a rookie. In this particular instance, I do feel that this was an accident, but black folks are not trying to hear that. So much bad blood has been spilt that blacks want any error in judgement to be punished and it should be. Any blacks that had run ins with police will never trust police including me. In defense to resisting arrest, many black whether they are criminal or not have fear that may not survive a police confrontation, so they run. I agree with someone that we should never resist arrest and sue the mofos if they do anything out line.

Weregonnalose:

She is a rookie. She was on training. Daunte Wright did not only ruin his life, he ruined hers. Resisting arrest always cause problems especially with inexperienced cops

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by MarjieJ57(f): 11:48pm On Apr 15, 2021
She was a 26 year veteran on the force. She was the one training. She was not getting trained. Needless to say I bet the person she was training will know what a taser is from now on!

Weregonnalose:

She just joined and was on training. I bet she panicked when he started resisting.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Cornpop: 12:32am On Apr 16, 2021
ribbit:

Past weekend 18killed in Chicago alone. No one speaks about that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Cornpop: 12:35am On Apr 16, 2021
Black America is stupid. Brothers are being played.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 1:34am On Apr 16, 2021
PDPGuy:

grin grin

Don’t you know water aids in rigging elections? In the elections business, we call it aqua-rigging.
Lol grin

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 1:35am On Apr 16, 2021
PrideofLincoln1:
When they can't win at the polls, they resort to all kind of crazy ideas. The Republicons know that if all eligible Americans vote, they will be a permanent minority Party in the Fruited Plains.
You are right

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:16am On Apr 16, 2021
It has been confirmed that Trump and his campaign really colluded with Russia

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 8:18am On Apr 16, 2021
ribbit:

You mean, the gangs of Chicago? grin grin
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:18am On Apr 16, 2021
That Adam Toledo murder is heart breaking embarassed embarassed

Mass shooting in Indianapolis.

There are no words it is tiring repeating the same cycle with no actions I am glad that no one is keeping calm over Adam Toledo's unfortunate death and that of Duante Wright the police should be held accountable and this will make them sit up.

Really sad

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 8:20am On Apr 16, 2021
AmazonTopaz:
It has been confirmed that Trump and his campaign really colluded with Russia
Yea, Let's circle back to Russia grin grin
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:21am On Apr 16, 2021
ribbit:

And nothing is being done instead a party of Qanon is making gun access easier.

Really pathetic how can people be so obsessed with guns and own some rifles that shouldn't be in civilian hands also why should police be showing use of force on a 13 and 20 year old that did not attack them whereas the likes of Kyle Rittenhouse that killed 2 people was granted bail mass shooters like Dylan Roof and co were arrested alive.

Sick society

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 8:22am On Apr 16, 2021
Breaking: At least 8 dead in shooting at Indianapolis FedEx Facility, Police say.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:22am On Apr 16, 2021
obixcel:
Yea, Let's circle back to Russia grin grin
Don't mention me again do well to get lost

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 8:25am On Apr 16, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

I'll keep mentioning and calling out ur own stupidity grin U guys really believe this Russian story..no surprise
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kokobilo87: 8:45am On Apr 16, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

Shut the eff up. He can mention you. If you don't like it make your forum.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kokobilo87: 8:46am On Apr 16, 2021
obixcel:
Breaking: At least 8 dead in shooting at Indianapolis FedEx Facility, Police say.

Biden is destroying the country
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:49am On Apr 16, 2021
obixcel:
I'll keep mentioning and calling out ur own stupidity grin U guys really believe this Russian story..no surprise
Channel your questions to the facts they provided and not to me.

Challenge the facts and stop deceiving yourself I could careless what you think because you are not known for believing truths but lies so take several seats and leave my mentions alone.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kokobilo87: 11:14am On Apr 16, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

Channel your questions to the facts they provided and not to me.

Challenge the facts and stop deceiving yourself I could careless what you think because you are not known for believing truths but lies so take several seats and leave my mentions alone.

Yet you believe Russian collusion or you believe CNN. Get the eff out of here
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by sanpipita(m): 1:03pm On Apr 16, 2021
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/ivanka-trump-vaccine-covid-twitter-b1831839.html

Ivanka has been receiving a backlash since taking vaccine, probably reason her dad won't show or tell anyone if he took vaccine, the mob they created will come for them

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 1:28pm On Apr 16, 2021
CNN has been exposed by Project Veritas as helping black lives matter narrative. Their Technical Director sais they found out blacks commit more hate crimes to asians than whites. Instead CNN amplifies whitey crimes against every other race.

For exposing that James O Keefe has been banned by twitter.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kokobilo87: 1:29pm On Apr 16, 2021
sanpipita:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/ivanka-trump-vaccine-covid-twitter-b1831839.html

Ivanka has been receiving a backlash since taking vaccine, probably reason her dad won't show or tell anyone if he took vaccine, the mob they created will come for them

Stupid people complaining
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kokobilo87: 1:30pm On Apr 16, 2021
basilico:
CNN has been exposed by Project Veritas as helping black lives matter narrative. Their Technical Director sais they found out blacks commit more hate crimes to asians than whites. Instead CNN amplifies whitey crimes against every other race.

For exposing that James O Keefe has been banned by twitter.

Facebook ban NY post story about the lesbian founder of BLM buying houses

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2145) (2146) (2147) (2148) (2149) (2150) (2151) ... (4166) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: bemeruca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.