Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,026 members, 7,863,689 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:51 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (2150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1706737 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2147) (2148) (2149) (2150) (2151) (2152) (2153) ... (4186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kokobilo87: 10:30pm On Apr 16, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

FYI,I didn't bother reading this trash

True story b!tch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 10:40pm On Apr 16, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

LMAO stop coming under my mention to wail.

The fact is Joe Biden won and 81 million Americans voted for him and he beat the orange clown without Mercy.
He is loved and has approval ratings that clown never had.You can keep hallucinating in your alternate reality you don't count in the scheme of things.
Only mad people argue with facts and data.
Keep crying

That image of a female screaming.
You dont know when it was taken.
Was a photo of leftwing nutjobs ( like where we are preventing u from heading to) screaming to the sky after Trump was sworn in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs

Leftists are brainless.This aptly sums them up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl5efai8_yg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:43pm On Apr 16, 2021
basilico:

That image of a female screaming.
You dont know when it was taken.
Was a photo of leftwing nutjobs ( like where we are preventing u from heading to) screaming to the sky after Trump was sworn in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs

Leftists are brainless.This aptly sums them up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl5efai8_yg
Lol this is rich coming from a MAGAt that has a masters in distorting facts.

Cry more You brainless boy

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:46pm On Apr 16, 2021
salford1:

Please don't. It's that usual cockroach that post with multiple Monikas. I skip past it's posts too grin
Every sane person here usually skips their garbage post who wants to be insane and brainless like them.

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kokobilo87: 11:00pm On Apr 16, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

Every sane person here usually skips their garbage post who wants to be insane and brainless like them.

cheesy

This B!tch whose mom taught her every technique in prostitution is talking about sanity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 11:24pm On Apr 16, 2021
PDPGuy:

I’m for term limits for SCOTUS justices as well. It’s the lifetime appointment that makes senate confirmation process a needless partisan war, which does some incalculable damage to the reputations of the individual justice and puts their immediate family in unwanted media spotlight.

I would definitely support a bill that would limit the term of office of SCOTUS justices to, say, 10-12 years. And I’ll also support a bill that pegs the retirement age of all federal judges and SCOTUS justices to 75, because I don’t get why a 90 year old should still go through the daily rigor that is the life of a SCOTUS justice.

Term limits make SCOTUS a partisan affair.

The last thing you need is a SCOTUS Judge that will be looking for political appointment when his/her term expires. It erodes independence and creates agency.

The fixation with having Democrats in SCOTUS is misplaced. It's not like SCOTUS are slapping down Democratic agenda or giving Legal backing to Republican election lies.

It is good that SCOTUS Judges remain as strong as possible with no dilution of their authority

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 12:51am On Apr 17, 2021
I see nothing wrong with the shooting of Adam Toledo.

I have said it many times that for America to.make progress on race relations, it needs to ban guns. Every few months or weeks, we are sucked back into debate on the racist intention behind a Police shooting. There are.more racist countries where black.people don't die everyday because neither Police nor Citizens carry guns.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 1:42am On Apr 17, 2021
Ibime:

I have said it many times that for America to.make progress on race relations, it needs to ban guns. Every few months or weeks, we are sucked back into debate on the racist intention behind a Police shooting. There are.more racist countries where black.people don't die everyday because neither Police nor Citizens carry guns.
In my opinion. The US police officers are not properly trained. There is also a strong distrust of police by people, especially people of colour. Why is that?

We also have guns here in the Canada, with alot of those guns smuggled from the US. Canadian police officers (federal, provincial or municipal) are always armed; yet, they are not trigger happy like the US police officers.

13 years old Toledo was shot despite having his hands up in the air. That's just terrible. He was painted as a dangerous gang member. Let's compare that to 21 years old Dylann Roof the mass murderer. After a manhunt of around 16 hours, Dylan Roof was arrested without any injury and was even bought a burger king by the police not long after.

Some of the distrust might be the way the police officer treats suspects of different races, the police officers history of violence and their misconducts.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kokobilo87: 7:21am On Apr 17, 2021
salford1:

In my opinion. The US police officers are not properly trained. There is also a strong distrust of police by people, especially people of colour. Why is that?

We also have guns here in the Canada, with alot of those guns smuggled from the US. Canadian police officers (federal, provincial or municipal) are always armed; yet, they are not trigger happy like the US police officers.

13 years old Toledo was shot despite having his hands up in the air. That's just terrible. He was painted as a dangerous gang member. Let's compare that to 21 years old Dylann Roof the mass murderer. After a manhunt of around 16 hours, Dylan Roof was arrested without any injury and was even bought a burger king by the police not long after.

Some of the distrust might be the way the police officer treats suspects of different races, the police officers history of violence and their misconducts.

You that always shout racism from your ass is now talking about training of officers. You are just gonna act like you know shit. If Ibime has said it is race you would have gone along and say it is race.

The officers are properly trained. United States is filled with criminals. When parents do their part in raising their kids then we will see a reduction in police fatality.

BLM has never given advice to blacks not to do crimes, kill each other or resist police.

There is a reason Michael brown parents sue the organization. Because they used their son and their hood got burnt and they received nothing.
This is how the democrats has been installing fear and divide in the country.

But slowly their eyes are beginning to open

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 8:27am On Apr 17, 2021
Fascism isn't hiding anymore.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kokobilo87: 9:27am On Apr 17, 2021
Some will still say they shoot him because he was black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s-V8wh4Vks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 9:27am On Apr 17, 2021
Ibime:

Don't be so quick to support this shooting. Is it SOP to chase an armed suspect without backup? This to me is a clear case of law enforcement gone wrong. While the suspect/dead victim doesn't get exonerated, the cop is not squeaky clean either.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 9:31am On Apr 17, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

The governor of Tennessee 4 days ago signed a bill to weaken gun control and make it legal to openly carry them.The law has not come into effect yet but it goes to show how dangerous it will be when such happens.The governor knowing he messed up did not take questions from journalist but went inside after sharing fake throughts and prayers.
After Texas governor was shouting playing opposition to Biden's gun control executive order and saying he will sign a bill to make the state a safe Haven for guns hours later a shooting happened in Texas the shameless governor has not tweeted about guns again.
These shameless republiQans should acknowledge there is a problem and support gun reform instead of supporting the bankrupt NRA that should be put in their place and stop playing with people's lives and come together and pass gun control laws instead of being foolish and weakening the laws for more people to die

I've been very busy recently

But yesterday I read about the guns in America

they are approximately almost 400 million guns in the hands of citizens in America

400 fvcking million.

and not once as this ”i am protecting my family” crowd stopped a terrorist attack, robbery or kidnapping

Just guns for showcase

God help America.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 9:35am On Apr 17, 2021
Unlimited22:
Reports of yet ANOTHER mass shooting in Tennessee.

America, their America.

The real information is out

It was a 17-year-old black boy that was shot in the bathroom

The police tried to frame it as a mass shooting

the boy didn't even have a gun.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 9:37am On Apr 17, 2021
Ibime:
Fascism isn't hiding anymore.

Does this not buttress most points

that republicans are racists

look up the meaning of ”anglo saxon”

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kokobilo87: 9:43am On Apr 17, 2021
Timiofak:

The real information is out

It was a 17-year-old black boy that was shot in the bathroom

The police tried to frame it as a mass shooting

the boy didn't even have a gun.

Spreading lies uh?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 9:58am On Apr 17, 2021
LordReed:

Don't be so quick to support this shooting. Is it SOP to chase an armed suspect without backup? This to me is a clear case of law enforcement gone wrong. While the suspect/dead victim doesn't get exonerated, the cop is not squeaky clean either.

There were gunshots in the area, most likely let off by the boy.

If a Policeman is in your area and someone is letting off shots, you expect him to wait for backup before chasing down the menace who could be putting members of the public in harm's way?

There's nothing worse than a kid with a weapon. A kid with a gun at this age is nothing but bad news to society. They should be protesting against his parents. The policeman who shot him has never let off a shot on duty before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kokobilo87: 10:15am On Apr 17, 2021
Ibime:

If a Policeman is in your area and someone is letting off shots, you expect him to wait for backup before chasing down the menace who could be putting members of the public in harm's way?

There's nothing worse than a kid with a weapon. A kid with a gun at this age is nothing but bad news to society. They should be protesting against his parents. The policeman who shot him has never let off a shot on duty before.

He is just saying what other police haters are saying. These are not his original thoughts.

The officer who killed the boy had a partner I think.
Even if back up was there what difference does it make?

See the full video of what happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97uYOrxYu6k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by sanpipita(m): 11:26am On Apr 17, 2021
Timiofak:

they are approximately almost 400 million guns in the hands of citizens in America

400 fvcking million.

and not once as this ”i am protecting my family” crowd stopped a terrorist attack, robbery or kidnapping

Just guns for showcase

God help America.

The Oklahoma Republican chairman did a photoshoot with his family carrying guns, his kids are not even up to 18 years yet people think this is normal

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kokobilo87: 11:29am On Apr 17, 2021
sanpipita:

The Oklahoma Republican chairman did a photoshoot with his family carrying guns, his kids are not even up to 18 years yet people think this is normal

Okay, check the laws and tell me which one they broke
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by sanpipita(m): 11:32am On Apr 17, 2021
salford1:

Adam Toledo's death left me with mixed emotions, you are right there's something fundamentally wrong with USA police especially when it comes to minorities.

They will never shoot like that within a white neighborhood, even with them being in danger, begs to question why are they trigger happy against minorities

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 11:32am On Apr 17, 2021
Kokobilo87:

Spreading lies uh?

Lmao. That's a lie?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 12:10pm On Apr 17, 2021
Ibime:

He wasn't the one who fired the shot. He was given the gun to hide that's why he threw it away just before he was asked to raise his hands. The guy who fired the shots has been arrested and charged.

As far as I know in shots fired situation you are to wait for backup.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 12:20pm On Apr 17, 2021
LordReed:

He wasn't the one who fired the shot. He was given the gun to hide that's why he threw it away just before he was asked to raise his hands. The guy who fired the shots has been arrested and charged.

Sorry for him, he was carrying gun just used in a shooting, nobody is going to politely question if he was the one shooting or someone else. Go read about Shorty Pop, the biggest young killer in Washington during the days of Alpo and Wayne Perry. Guy had multiple bodies by the age of 15. There are many young shooters in Chicago. Only a foolish Police Officer who doesn't want to go home will give benefit of the doubt. If you are with the gun, you are the shooter in a live situation. The rest can be investigated later.

LordReed:

Wait for backup in shots fired situation, even if people are being killed?

It's like you kuku don't want Police again.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kokobilo87: 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2021
LordReed:

He was not the one who robbed the bank, he was just holding the guns for the criminals, helped them with the money and drive them to their hideout
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 1:58pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kokobilo87:

He was the one who robbed the bank, he was just holding the guns for the criminals, helped them with the money and drive them to their hideout

And that is reason enough to shoot and kill him?

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 1:59pm On Apr 17, 2021
Ibime:

Sorry for him, he was carrying gun just used in a shooting, nobody is going to politely question if he was the one shooting or someone else. Go read about Shorty Pop, the biggest young killer in Washington during the days of Alpo and Wayne Perry. Guy had multiple bodies by the age of 15. There are many young shooters in Chicago. Only a foolish Police Officer who doesn't want to go home will give benefit of the doubt. If you are with the gun, you are the shooter in a live situation. The rest can be investigated later.

Wait for backup in shots fired situation, even if people are being killed?

It's like you kuku don't want Police again.

Who was being killed here? Even during school shootings they tell them to wait for backup.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 2:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
LordReed:

The gangbanger 13 year old was nicknamed "little homicide".
Very harmless nicknames

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2021
LordReed:

Who was being killed here? Even during school shootings they tell them to wait for backup.

A trained cop vs an amateur shooter. Wait for backup?
Shaking my head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 2:44pm On Apr 17, 2021
sanpipita:

Adam Toledo's death left me with mixed emotions, you are right there's something fundamentally wrong with USA police especially when it comes to minorities.

They will never shoot like that within a white neighborhood, even with them being in danger, begs to question why are they trigger happy against minorities
Na dem and SARS in Nigeria dey same level.

After a little digging:

https://www.trainingreform.org/not-enough-training

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/how-police-compare-different-democracies?amp

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kokobilo87: 3:40pm On Apr 17, 2021
LordReed:

And that is reason enough to shoot and kill him?

I showed you how stupid your argument was

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2021
Timiofak:

400 fvcking million.

Just guns for showcase

God help America.
I wasn't going to come in on this gun debates but I see a lot of misinformation about guns in America from people who do not understand the importance of gun ownership in America. Firstly, it's a constitutional rights for an American in good moral and mental standing to own guns. Secondly, there are so many cases of gun owners stopping armed robberies, home burglaries and on few occasions terrorist attacks too. Americans carry weapons for a reason and if you are an American living in America and of good standing with moral and mental capacity, you will probably be in favor of the 2nd Amendment rights too. It's easy to be thousands of miles away and condemn people. I rather live in a country that I can defend my family and myself from hoodlums than live in a country that one or two cultists will be terrorizing the whole community with their locally made guns where people will be killed before the police officers arrived. Gun is part and parcel of American life and I will be damned as an American if I can not protect my family. I dare any punk to come in my house and feel the power of my Glock 20 not to talk of my newly acquired AR 15. Enough said.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2147) (2148) (2149) (2150) (2151) (2152) (2153) ... (4186) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: ijebosb and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.