Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (2332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1652178 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2329) (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) (2334) (2335) ... (4148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 5:27pm On Jun 02, 2021
trump is Bankrupt. The criminal wants to sell the trump hotel in DC but no one wants to buy. And he shut his awful blog site coz no one visits it. Indictments and arrests coming soon. Happy New Month of June in 1st year of Biden's 8 year presidency everyone.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2021
Tdotbluejays1:

Interesting eh.

She is a dem who replaced a dem in a district that Joe Biden carried by 23 points.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 5:32pm On Jun 02, 2021
Tdotbluejays1:

You forgot to fact check the post board behind my picture too. You completely missed the significance or intention of the post. The clue is in the 3rd picture (gestapo orange turd).

That criminal who doesn't even read the Bible. Two Corinthians grin
And the fool even turned the Bible upside down after gassing his own people. What a wreck of a miniature tiny hands sinful man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 5:41pm On Jun 02, 2021
Obrigardo:
trump is Bankrupt. The criminal wants to sell the trump hotel in DC but no one wants to buy. And he shut his awful blog site coz no one visits it. Indictments and arrests coming soon. Happy New Month of June in 1st year of Biden's 8 year presidency everyone.

Dumped! Lol.

https://texasnewstoday.com/the-trump-organization-sells-a-washington-dc-hotel-lease-for-sale-and-a-second-attempt-to-dump-real-estate/295946/

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 5:43pm On Jun 02, 2021

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino2(m): 5:58pm On Jun 02, 2021
Obrigardo:

So selling your property means bankruptcy?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 6:02pm On Jun 02, 2021
budaatum:

Dumped! Lol.

https://texasnewstoday.com/the-trump-organization-sells-a-washington-dc-hotel-lease-for-sale-and-a-second-attempt-to-dump-real-estate/295946/

Why do people get excited when Trump properties go bankrupt. Its not healthy to wish
people you will never meet but employ thousands the worst.
With the pandemic I've done a cursory search and seen the Marriot group has closed some hotels , the Hilton group too, Roosevelts etc.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 6:11pm On Jun 02, 2021
basilico:

Why do people get excited when Trump properties go bankrupt. Its not healthy to wish
people you will never meet but employ thousands the worst.
With the pandemic I've done a cursory search and seen the Marriot group has closed some hotels , the Hilton group too, Roosevelts etc.
Here's your reason Bas.

Obrigardo:

I've never been so happy with [this particular] someone's misery and crumbling grin
buda suffers immensely from TDS, as you very well know, and loves seeing him get what he deserves!

And closed is not the same as having to sell due to bankruptcy, especially when he can't find buyers who will keep his name on buildings they buy off him. The cheek!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino2(m): 7:05pm On Jun 02, 2021
budaatum:

Come on Ben, we are doing so well so don't spoil it please! I was not shouting racism! One member of staff racially disrespected me. The company supported him and fired me, and I walked away. So where's the "shouting racism this and that"?

You are passing on too many chances to get compensated. One member was racist towards you. What are the chances he will do it again? That's when you take evidence so that it won't be about your words vs his or her.

In fact is it not more true that staying (though since I was fired that might have been difficult!), would have been me "shouting racism this and that"? And is that not what you suggested I do but I didn't?

I have made my point clear from the get go. I was not talking about those who tried and had to leave, I said they should always speak out and call racism out. What I am talking about is those who just don't try because they think the system is racist. Then I also talk about those who don't have the qualifications but will cry racism when they don't get the job.

As for your "fighting racism", you really should read up about the Equality Act and the battles fought to get it, and how the exact opposite of your "At the workplace whatever difference you have with someone you must put it aside and work together", is how we individually fight it. If I put it aside as you suggest, I am promoting racism, is what I'd gave thought, or don't you think so?

Yes, you put it aside and work together. I don't see how the equality act goes against it.

Okay, I am about to give up now because somehow you are either misunderstanding or intentionally adding to what I've said because nowhere have I "accuse the next white man of being a racist because he gave the job to someone else after finding out you were fired because of incompetence!

I did not say you said that. I am being fictitious, I am saying what might happen if somebody who got fired in your manner applied for next job and they didn't get it.

In fact, I have clearly repeatedly stated how I was treated with dignity in my very next job which must obviously have been given to black me or it wouldn't have been my job!

And the job I was fired from was in the probation period, which is shorter than the legal time you can sue for [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrongful_dismissal#%3A%7E%3Atext%3DIn_law%2C_wrongful_dismissal%2C_also%2Cor_rule_in_employment_law.?wprov=sfla1]wrongful dismissal[/url].
this does not give anyone the go ahead to discriminate on you or beat you or abuse you. You can sue whether you are on probation or not.

There are guideline employers must follow to terminate you during probation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Tdotbluejays1: 7:30pm On Jun 02, 2021
Obrigardo:

I've never been so happy with someone's misery and crumbling grin
The orange turd is synonymous to failure. The GOP lost the presidency, Senate and Congress under him. The party is now divided as well (GQP vs GOP). When the hotel called Trump set up shop in Vancouver last 2017, the Mayor of Vancouver and other locals protested:

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 7:31pm On Jun 02, 2021
Obrigardo:

Trump's power lies with Twitter and to some extent facebook. These platform gives him the opportunity to reach out to large groups of far right organizations and members like QAnon, Proud boys, oath keepers, etc. Without Twitter Trump is a lame duck. His so called "latest technological innovation' - a simple blog, is a huge failure.

The cloud of indictments is slowly gathering and a storm of charges will follow, with high possibility of jail time for Trump. I eagerly await the reaction of his cult worshippers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 7:48pm On Jun 02, 2021
benalvino2:

You are passing on too many chances to get compensated. One member was racist towards you. What are the chances he will do it again? That's when you take evidence so that it won't be about your words vs his or her.
The guy was not stupid. His racism was by innuendo that 4 other blacks did not seem to notice so there was no evidence to be gotten. Besides, its not like today when I could have gotten evidence by secretly recording him on my mobile phone. There were no such devices 35 years ago, you see, and there was no compensation if terminated in the probation period.

benalvino2:

I have made my point clear from the get go. I was not talking about those who tried and had to leave, I said they should always speak out and call racism out. What I am talking about is those who just don't try because they think the system is racist. Then I also talk about those who don't have the qualifications but will cry racism when they don't get the job.
Well, we did start with a personal anecdote, one involving myself, and if you go back to the post you'd notice the second anecdote showed how vocal I became.

benalvino2:

Yes, you put it aside and work together. I don't see how the equality act goes against it.
In one sentence you say "speak out and call racism out", and above you say "you put it aside and work together".

Which is it ben? Or are you suggesting one do both?

benalvino2:

I did not say you said that. I am being fictitious, I am saying what might happen if somebody who got fired in your manner applied for next job and they didn't get it.
Your specific words were "Instead of you to wrongly accuse the next white man of being a racist", which I clearly never did.

It sounded like you were adding your fiction to my narrative, and then arguing your fiction with me as if it were mine.

If someone allows one instance of racism to dictate the rest of their life, I think we will agree that person has problems, but I instead left the job, applied for a new job, even mentioned the racist reasons I was fired from my previous job which I got, and was respectfully treated while I worked there, so I'd say my attitude and experience was the opposite of your "fictitious", or won't you agree?

benalvino2:

this does not give anyone the go ahead to discriminate on you or beat you or abuse you. You can sue whether you are on probation or not.
"Discriminate on you or beat you or abuse you" is not a right that is given or that anyone has. Those who "discriminate on you or beat you or abuse you", are wrongly impinging on one's rights, and if it had been after 2010 when the Equality Act became law, and if I had evidence, I might have stood a chance to sue, but as I said, I and the Jamaican were not fired because someone was racist towards us but because the person who was racist towards us felt threatened by us seeing his racist joke for what it was so he preemptively lied to protect himself. Smart devious dude, he was.

And no, you can't sue if terminated on probation if you have less than 2 years employment! Probation was 3 months at the time.

Note the link is post 2010, and I was much younger and less smart 35 or so years ago. I'd say it was valuable experience that has served me well in my work career as a managed employee and as a manager who employs others.

benalvino2:
There are guideline employers must follow to terminate you during probation.
They really just needed to say you did not pass probation, ben, and there's not much one could have done about it. You could not even appeal, and 35 years ago they even needed a lot less of a reason, just good paperwork.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2021
benalvino2:

So selling your property means bankruptcy?

You don't know anything yet cheesy

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino2(m): 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2021
Obrigardo:

You don't know anything yet cheesy
OK.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 8:10pm On Jun 02, 2021
benalvino2:
OK.

Yep

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 8:16pm On Jun 02, 2021
Few hours left to unseat the unrepentant corrupt zionist and trump toadie Netanyahu. I've never kept watch on Israeli elections before, but just seeing everything trump touches dies keeps me up at night and all day long cheesy

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 8:20pm On Jun 02, 2021
Friendly reminder that criminal trump is the worst president in American History since the declaration of independence. Ask me why...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 8:25pm On Jun 02, 2021
Friendly reminder of a list of trump scams and frauds. There's still some missing from this list shocked shocked

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino2(m): 8:27pm On Jun 02, 2021
budaatum:
In one sentence you say "speak out and call racism out", and above you say "you put it aside and work together".

Which is it ben? Or are you suggesting one do both?

In a work place you must put your differences aside and work together. If one of the two in conflicts can't do that then one has to leave. When I made that statement I was generally speaking. Let's look at this. Let's use a racist coworker. You know he is racist and has said racist things to you outside work, and you fought because of that. The next day both of you go to work and he brings a paper work you had to sign. Will you reject the papers because he brought it or you will take it sign it and explain one or two things that needs to be done if need be?
That's what I mean. You could raise the issue to your bosses and say you cannot work with him but if there is nothing they can do to replace him or do anything about the matter. It's either you quit or you work with him.

Your specific words were "Instead of you to wrongly accuse the next white man of being a racist", which I clearly never did.

It sounded like you were adding your fiction to my narrative, and then arguing your fiction with me as if it were mine.
I was using what happened to you to fictitiously say what people might do. In this case you are might example. Its not that I am saying it is something you did or will do. I am making an example. I hope I am Clear.

If someone allows one instance of racism to dictate the rest of their life, I think we will agree that person has problems, but I instead left the job, applied for a new job, even mentioned the racist reasons I was fired from my previous job which I got, and was respectfully treated while I worked there, so I'd say my attitude and experience was the opposite of your "fictitious", or won't you agree?
Buda, in life people will come across shit, I just feel that there are some sacrifice one will have to make. At first it's entry level. Good for resume. Build the experience while enduring. Then when know you are in a financially balanced situation you can leave and look for another one. Something better. You can still working and be looking. I think we shouldn't be too sensitive, that in its self can draw us backward.

About the probation, as you said the time is different so I understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:27pm On Jun 02, 2021
Obrigardo:
Few hours left to unseat the unrepentant corrupt zionist and trump toadie Netanyahu. I've never kept watch on Israeli elections before, but just seeing everything trump touches dies keeps me up at night and all day long cheesy

I am waiting on the edge of my seat for Israel's drumptf to be ousted, then was I going to make myself a rum cocktail to celebrate, but I think I'll start now and call it sorrow drowning if he's not ousted because the pain will be so much if he wasn't.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:29pm On Jun 02, 2021
Benalvino2, I'll wait a while for you to edit your post and then will I respond.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 8:39pm On Jun 02, 2021
budaatum:

I am waiting on the edge of my seat for Israel's drumptf to be ousted, then was I going to make myself a rum cocktail to celebrate, but I think I'll start now and call it sorrow drowning if he's not ousted because the pain will be so much if he wasn't.

If they fail to come up with a new Govt, and corrupt bibi finds a way to remain in power, trust me, they will do away with him one way or the other. Imagine if republiqans and Democrats were unified to destroy trump in his second impeachment, this is the situation now in Israel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino2(m): 8:49pm On Jun 02, 2021
budaatum:
Benalvino2, I'll wait a while for you to edit your post and then will I respond.
ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln2: 9:02pm On Jun 02, 2021
The poverty cursed midget that lives in a mudhouse on Dr Martin Luther King Jnr Drive in Dallas is still showing his mental illness. God's punishment on the midget that's barely 4 feet tall plus the generational curse of poverty he got from his forebears.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:10pm On Jun 02, 2021
benalvino2:

In a work place you must put your differences aside and work together. If one of the two in conflicts can't do that then one has to leave. When I made that statement I was generally speaking. Let's look at this. Let's use a racist coworker. You know he is racist and has said racist things to you outside work, and you fought because of that. The next day both of you go to work and he brings a paper work you had to sign. Will you reject the papers because he brought it or you will take it sign it and explain one or two things that needs to be done if need be?
That's what I mean. You could raise the issue to your bosses and say you cannot work with him but if there is nothing they can do to replace him or do anything about the matter. It's either you quit or you work with him.
When you've worked as long as I have you're bound to have an anecdote so here goes.

One day after a heavy day's work I took my staff to the pub for drinks. We were there all evening drinking a lot when an altercation occured between a Malaysian manager of mine and a Nigerian member of staff, and the Malaysian uttered the n-word.

My first reaction was to hide under the table and make out I never heard it, pub banter you see, said while drunk and in the heat of the moment, but all my staff were having none of it and turned on me so I could not say I never heard it and so ended the fun that night.

Next morning, first thing, the Nigerian made an official complaint to me the manager, so I called up the Malaysian and suspended him according to procedure pending an investigation, which was carried out by Human Resources, and a few days later after interviewing the Malaysian and taking witness statements, knowing he was going to be fired for gross misconduct, the Malaysian dutifully resigned and I lost a hard working manager who had never ever been any sort of bigot prior to that one time.

Point is, it don't matter where you are being racist, even on twitter on your day off to non-work colleagues, you will be terminated and lose your employment once management becomes aware. Its a duty one takes on as a manager you see, to protect one's staff from known bigots, or you yourself, oneself should I say, would have been fired for incompetence.

Incidentally - and not that it had anything to do with anything - the Nigerian was eventually promoted to management too, and on merit.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:10pm On Jun 02, 2021
benalvino2:
ok

Sorry, man. I preempted. But will readdress if need be.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 9:14pm On Jun 02, 2021
The trump cultists here don't really know what they talking about. But this lady knows the scam trump and his children pulled with 2016 inauguration money. If you dangle a $100 bill in front of trump, he will kick you in the groin, take it and run away.
That's how petty a thief he is..

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:23pm On Jun 02, 2021
benalvino2:

Buda, in life people will come across shit, I just feel that there are some sacrifice one will have to make. At first it's entry level. Good for resume. Build the experience while enduring. Then when know you are in a financially balanced situation you can leave and look for another one. Something better. You can still working and be looking. I think we shouldn't be too sensitive, that in its self can draw us backward.
Na! Not buda! Far too arrogant is me. And I know my self worth. I would rather be Use Her Senses Eve and get kicked out of Eden than be ignorant naked afraid of dying enslaved Adam in the Garden of Eden for the free food!

Its about dignity you see. If I stand there enduring sh!t, I would look in a mirror and see sh!t and smell like sh!t to myself which I know I will really not like. So in order to not be sh!t I don't endure any sh!t at all.

My ma will tell you buda would rather starve as a kid than endure anyone's shit, and if you watch me here you'd see I hardly talk to sh!t people for fear of becoming sh!t like them.

I just don't like stinking of sh!t you see. Though I think you might agree that I am not as sensitive on the whole.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:32pm On Jun 02, 2021
Benjamin Netanyahu has succeeded in getting the left,center,right and Arab's against him.

From the information we are getting everybody done sign on top the matter.

Like this Twitter user said Netanyahu is a unifier just like his friend agent orange who succeeded in making every sane person unite against him.

grin cheesy
Bibi will play opposition leader now grin.

I don't really care about Isreali politics especially because they share the same view of Palestinians and support occupation which will not change under a new coalition but I am glad to see Netanyahu out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bayelsaowei(m): 9:32pm On Jun 02, 2021
wirinet:

Trump's power lies with Twitter and to some extent facebook. These platform gives him the opportunity to reach out to large groups of far right organizations and members like QAnon, Proud boys, oath keepers, etc. Without Twitter Trump is a lame duck. His so called "latest technological innovation' - a simple blog, is a huge failure.

The cloud of indictments is slowly gathering and a storm of charges will follow, with high possibility of jail time for Trump. I eagerly await the reaction of his cult worshippers.
wahala deyvl wait for trump..I am almost sure that a handful of his supporters will just move on and leave trump to suffer for his incorrigibleness.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:35pm On Jun 02, 2021
budaatum:

But of course I waste my time here, and patiently await your own misconstrued interpretation of the above anecdote as is your style.

Benalvino2, look!

I made a mistake and I lied so I am holding my hands up because even when we have disagreed so far, you have not misconstrued what I've said too much and have not interpreted what I've said too wrongly as I falsely presumed you might, and on top of that you have been civil, which is very highly appreciated, and my time conversing with you so far has been rather worthwhile

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2329) (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) (2334) (2335) ... (4148) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: basilico and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.