Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,572 members, 7,861,734 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:03 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (3161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1702230 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3158) (3159) (3160) (3161) (3162) (3163) (3164) ... (4182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by armyofone(m): 6:07pm On Apr 01, 2022
AmazonTopaz:
Truly truly the GQP has nothing to offer.

Hope they pass it. Lower insulin, some medications, inhaler, epipen etc....many in the society cannot afford them.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by armyofone(m): 6:16pm On Apr 01, 2022
basilico:

The dems are desperate to stop Trump from running. Desperate to indict him.
what are they afraid of if Trump wins?

America is truly a banana republic.

No, we are not banana rep. We are home of the brave!
He is not the only qualified person in the party. What does he want to do that he didn't do the past four years ? Why come back after being defeated ? Are there no other person in the party to maga ? Na only you dey?
Give others chance so we the people see road.

I do hope Pence, Romney and others come forward and not be intimidated.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Banchotmods: 6:33pm On Apr 01, 2022
armyofone:

He is not the only qualified person in the party. What does he want to do that he didn't do the past four years ? Why come back after being defeated ? Are there no other person in the party to maga ? Na only you dey?

Ya should be ina tha kitchen making sandwiches ye.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 6:36pm On Apr 01, 2022
The rats are jumping ship.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 6:39pm On Apr 01, 2022

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 6:42pm On Apr 01, 2022
armyofone:

We never get along I acknowledge.
Trump is the face of the GOP conservatives. Many in the GOP dont like him.They are are what is called uniparty. Happy to make their cash while pretending to be conservatives. they are happy to work with democrats when it comes to many issues,
Trump was a disrupter. Came in to spoil the party. They hate him because of that. Both democrats and GOP

Thats why I support Trump. He dont buy me shoes.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 6:45pm On Apr 01, 2022
armyofone:

Hope they pass it. Lower insulin, some medications, inhaler, epipen etc....many in the society cannot afford them.

They should not have to pass it if they didn't touch anything or undo Trump's work. Trump bring down the cost of insulin to $60 and why Biden came he froze policies and today people are buying insulin for $500.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 7:00pm On Apr 01, 2022
benalvino3:

They should not have to pass it if they didn't touch anything or undo Trump's work. Trump bring down the cost of insulin to $60 and why Biden came he froze policies and today people are buying insulin for $500.

Id say Biden works under Trump. all he does is to reverse Trump policy. Biden has no policy except climate change nonsense and to keep paying Americans to stay at home because covid

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 7:05pm On Apr 01, 2022
Now, if only this law could apply to Nigerians in Nigeria and about any country.

https://www.nairaland.com/7057980/adeyinka-grandson-jailed-4.5-years

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 7:15pm On Apr 01, 2022
basilico:

Id say Biden works under Trump. all he does is to reverse Trump policy. Biden has no policy except climate change nonsense and to keep paying Americans to stay at home because covid

they are going to take credit for it. lol.
Trump got a lot of things done. most of what biden has gotten right are the things trump already did grin

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 7:38pm On Apr 01, 2022
---Republican voter confronts Sen Grassley about how GOP in treated Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson---during her hearing in Congress---

https://twitter.com/i/status/1509764164348260378

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 8:10pm On Apr 01, 2022
https://twitter.com/jamiegangel/status/1509717629631619073?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1509717629631619073%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thegatewaypundit.com%2F2022%2F04%2Fanother-msm-hoax-crumbles-official-review-trump-jan-6-white-house-records-reveals-no-missing-pages%2F

Media goes into a frenzy that Trump call records 457 minutes have not been provided to the evil Jan 6 committee
I hate MSM. Lying scumbags,

these guys need to leave Trump. Some criminal who is in White House has crimes that are a millions times than Trump. they have investigated Trump for four years and found nothin.
Meanwhile this criminal is living large collecting kickbacks and sending his dad 10 percent. Yet they go after Trump 24/7
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9881213/Unearthed-video-shows-naked-Hunter-Biden-claiming-Russian-drug-dealers-stole-laptop.html

Banana republic
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2022

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by armyofone(m): 9:01pm On Apr 01, 2022
Banchotmods:

Part 2
Onye buru continues to be online nuisance ye!
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 10:48pm On Apr 01, 2022
Biden is too useless.

Sen. Joe Manchin is pushing back on the Biden administration’s plans to end Title 42, a public health measure implemented by the Trump administration to allow for quick deportation of illegal aliens during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The West Virginia Democrat is warning as have others in his party that ending the rule will lead to a massive influx of migrants who are already either camped out in Mexico near the border or who are heading towards the U.S. in convoys.

“I think they should reconsider,” Manchin told members of the press, per Fox News. “I sent a letter, I’m against removing Title 42.”

“If anything we should be looking at permanency on Title 42,” he added. “Maybe that would spur us to get a good immigration policy that works for Americans and secure our borders the borders have to be secure,” he noted.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 11:08pm On Apr 01, 2022
benalvino3:
The rats are jumping ship.

---Jen Psaki at the onset of Biden administration already said she would only be in her role as WH press secretary for a year---

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 11:15pm On Apr 01, 2022
feedthenation:

---Jen Psaki at the onset of Biden administration already said she would only be in her role as WH press secretary for a year---

where is the quote? let me see how you want to spin this because Simone Sanders wanted the job so bad but Biden messed her up. She single-handedly got him into the white house... although they used fraud as Biden confessed with his own mouth.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 12:56am On Apr 02, 2022
The U.S. House of Reps has passed a bill seeking to decriminalize the manufacture, distribution and use of marijuana at the federal level. It is now up to the Senate to follow suit.

I think this is a step in the right direction that would correct decades of a failed drug policy.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by gambojimeta: 1:34am On Apr 02, 2022
Banchotmods:

basilico:

We never get along I acknowledge.
Trump is the face of the GOP conservatives. Many in the GOP dont like him.They are are what is called uniparty. Happy to make their cash while pretending to be conservatives. they are happy to work with democrats when it comes to many issues,
Trump was a disrupter. Came in to spoil the party. They hate him because of that. Both democrats and GOP

Thats why I support Trump. He dont buy me shoes.

How ya foals andi donkey pikins ya apprentice donkey

Ya ah type fa Sam one ta go kitchen ta make sandwich andi ya ah swap login ta comment Onu anoda post

Ati da moment, ya andi ya oda personalitty disorda ah go ta bed in Akure jungles .

Kikikikikikiki

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by gambojimeta: 1:48am On Apr 02, 2022
feedthenation:

I ah always trust ya ta update da thread witi da 100% news. I ah do research andi realize ya ah always tell da truths. Respekt sir

benalvino3:

where is the quote? let me see how you want to spin this because Simone Sanders wanted the job so bad but Biden messed her up. She single-handedly got him into the white house... although they used fraud as Biden confessed with his own mouth.
Jabulani donkey big head Isa fulls ofu port Harkort black soot

Kikikikikikiki

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Banchotmods: 11:28am On Apr 02, 2022
armyofone:

Part 2
Onye buru continues to be online nuisance ye!

Kikikiki ya isa finish ah it?
When ya isa finish ya isa open tha leg for tha king to enter. That isa ya purpose ye grin
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Banchotmods: 11:29am On Apr 02, 2022
gambojimeta:

How ya foals andi donkey pikins ya apprentice donkey

Ya ah type fa Sam one ta go kitchen ta make sandwich andi ya ah swap login ta comment Onu anoda post

Ati da moment, ya andi ya oda personalitty disorda ah go ta bed in Akure jungles .

Kikikikikikiki

Kikikiki ya apparent donkey ye. Addicted ye grin

I ah talk to ah ya ah later
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ibime

You have a gas tank?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1590106/germany-russian-gas-gazprom-putin-cuts-off-supply-ont

you are in danger of freezing because. No gas or your supplier does not quickly open a rouble account.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 7:27pm On Apr 02, 2022
basilico:
Ibime

You have a gas tank?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1590106/germany-russian-gas-gazprom-putin-cuts-off-supply-ont

That article isn't correct. Gazprom is basically selling their German division (downstream) to avoid unfavourable regulation, not that supply has stopped.

Also Germany has a few months supply.

Gas is something that moves quickly and that volume Russia pumps cannot be stored by them, so the clock is ticking on Putin, not Germany. They will come to compromise.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 7:39pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ibime:

That article isn't correct. Gazprom is basically selling their German division (downstream) to avoid unfavourable regulation, not that supply has stopped.

Also Germany has a few months supply.

Gas is something that moves quickly and that volume Russia pumps cannot be stored by them, so the clock is ticking on Putin, not Germany. They will come to compromise.

Europe gets 40 percent of it energy from Russia.
If Europe does not buy russian energy the insatiable Chinese will do. India too.
When the west kicks Putin of the SWIFT transfer system the Indo China will come up with a way to buy Russian energy
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 7:43pm On Apr 02, 2022
basilico:

Europe gets 40 percent of it energy from Russia.

Germany gets 40% of it's gas from Russia rather.

Your guy Trump did warn them that Russia will use it for blackmail but they didn't listen.

Regardless, it's a buyers market, not a sellers one. Russia have nowhere to divert or store the gas and need the money. Meanwhile countries are making their own provisions long term. Putin has really shot himself in the foot, however you look at it.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ibime:

Germany gets 40% of it's gas from Russia rather.

Your guy Trump did warn them that Russia will use it for blackmail but they didn't listen.

Regardless, it's a buyers market, not a sellers one. Russia have nowhere to divert or store the gas and need the money. Meanwhile countries are making their own provisions long term. Putin has really shot himself in the foot, however you look at it.

check my previous post.
China has insatiable energy needs.India too, I think russia is doing a pipeline to China.Europe has no better source of energy than from Russia.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 7:51pm On Apr 02, 2022
basilico:

check my previous post.
China has insatiable energy needs.India too, I think russia is doing a pipeline to China.Europe has no better source of energy than from Russia.

No they don't.

China is on good terms with Iran and Iran has mothballed 1m BPD capacity because the international community won't deal with Iran. If China was so hungry, they would eat Iran's unused capacity.

China can increase Russian supply slightly but it will still be at knockdown prices, and no country sets up it's supplies to be wholly reliant on one source that can blackmail them.

At some point, China's goals and Russia's do diverge. Russia imports goods and exports commodities while China exports goods and imports commodities. Chinas aim is a strong dollar while Russias aim is a weak dollar. These two aims diverge. Not only that, but China does not like increase in Commodity prices, same as Western World. If China should ever tell Putin to chill, that his actions are increasing their cost of production and Putin controls 100% of China's energy supply, China will not be able to assert themselves

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 7:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ibime:

No they don't.

China is on good terms with Iran and Iran has mothballed 1m BPD capacity because the international community won't deal with Iran. If China was so hungry, they would eat Iran's unused capacity.

China can increase Russian supply slightly but it will still be at knockdown prices, and no country sets up it's supplies to be wholly reliant on one source that can blackmail them.

At some point, China's goals and Russia's do diverge. Russia imports goods and exports commodities while China exports goods and imports commodities. Chinas aim is a strong dollar while Russias aim is a weak dollar. These two aims diverge. Not only that, but China does not like increase in Commodity prices, same as Western World.

I will like your post and respond
We should grow each not to be fervent enemies because of the darn politicians we support,
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 8:09pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ibime:

No they don't.

At some point, China's goals and Russia's do diverge. Russia imports goods and exports commodities while China exports goods and imports commodities. Chinas aim is a strong dollar while Russias aim is a weak dollar. These two aims diverge. Not only that, but China does not like increase in Commodity prices, same as Western World. If China should ever tell Putin to chill, that his actions are increasing their cost of production and Putin controls 100% of China's energy supply, China will not be able to assert themselves

China has 600m middle class The country needs a lot of energy, Probably they dont want source their energy needs but we have something called hedging. You fix energy prices maybe annually.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 8:21pm On Apr 02, 2022
basilico:

China has 600m middle class The country needs a lot of energy, Probably they dont want source of their needs but we have something called hedging. You fix energy prices maybe annually.

China are already meeting that need as it stands from several sources including Russia

Truth be told, China cannot afford energy prices to skyrocket. At some point, they will want Putin to chill.

I don't think they will want to be wholly reliant on Russia. Sino-Soviet relationship has never been rosy even in the Communist era. Where they see eye to eye is on Taiwan and Ukraine, however China are smart guys that count the cost of everything. China don't have a large revenue product like energy that they can sell if their attempts to take Taiwan leave them shut out of Western markets. I believe China will take Taiwan with leverage and diplomacy. The cost is too high.

So even when you are allies with someone, when your ally becomes a barking dog that threatens your National interest, you need to be able to bring them to heel, and China taking 100% of its energy from Russia will put it in a vulnerable position to bring Russia in line when Russia's actions go against it's National interest. China is an ally with North Korea but dine with them with a long spoon because North Korea is too much of a barking dog. There have been many periods of strain of relations with China and North Korea including when China backed UN sanctions against North Korea, because China knows the market it mustn't lose (Western market).

I believe China are using this Ukraine fiasco as a gaming scenario to measure what the cost will be, and mitigations, when they start their own stronghead over Taiwan. Russia is simply a guinea pig for the Chinese.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 8:28pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ibime:

China are already meeting that need as it stands from several sources including Russia

Truth be told, China cannot afford energy prices to skyrocket. At some point, they will want Putin to chill.

I don't think they will want to be wholly reliant on Russia. Sino-Soviet relationship has never been rosy even in the Communist era. Where they see eye to eye is on Taiwan and Ukraine, however China are smart guys that count the cost of everything. China don't have a large revenue product like energy that they can sell if their attempts to take Taiwan leave them shut out of Western markets. I believe China will take Taiwan with leverage and diplomacy. The cost is too high.

So even when you are allies with someone, when you ally becomes a barking dog that threatens your National interest, you need to be able to bring them to heel, and China taking 100% of its energy from Russia will put it in a vulnerable position to put Russia in line when Russia's actions go against it's National interest. China is an ally with North Korea but dine with them with a long spoon because North Korea is too much of a barking dog. There have been many periods of strain of relations with China and North Korea including when China backed UN sanctions against North Korea, because China knows the market it mustn't lose (Western market).

Agreed . China energy need are enormous. They need several sources because a single source can hold you hostage,Iran is a good source for them especially at discounted prices.

I think china will invade Taiwan, The semiconductor manufacture of the world.
Putin is just a side show breaking food chains..
China will take over manufacturing of Integrated semi conductors headquarter in Taiwan,
Then every electronic device will be controlled from China.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3158) (3159) (3160) (3161) (3162) (3163) (3164) ... (4182) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.