Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,465 members, 7,864,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:57 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (3163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1709303 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3160) (3161) (3162) (3163) (3164) (3165) (3166) ... (4188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:34pm On Apr 03, 2022
budaatum:

Russia too can be said to have wanted dominance, bas, but what they've got out of the stupid error in understanding how the world works and thinking dominance is the same as 20th century military might, is a vast diminishing of themselves.

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-economy-gdp-crash-ukraine-war-inflation-sanctions-energy-putin-2022-3

we can also say that Putin has decreed to be paid in roubles Europe gas needs are 40 percent from russia,
. the rouble value has risen, how u explain that?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:37pm On Apr 03, 2022
basilico:

Now thats the stuff that grows us in this fora. I learn a lot here. Lets spend more time even in our diverse views to help each other here. Being antagonist all the time does not help.
We are here to grow each other please not compete who knows more.

Bas, are you trying to be funny telling me what I've always done here?

What most don't understand is that with Nigeria adopting the American style of government, we have decided to go down the American historical political root but without the fueling force of occupying the land that America seized plus the free labour they seized with which to develop it, and without the political issues - race, gender confusion, oppression, etc - that they adopted their political system to solve, which is why we can't grow as America did and must find our own way after fully understanding the path we currently travel.

Unfortunately, we turn ourselves into the Right and the Left, a concept that does not even exist in Nigeria except perhaps as the North and the South, or my tribe and your tribe, a division that does get in the way of our learning.

Good thing is, the truth shall set us free. We just have to be mature enough to admit it when we see it bas, instead of thinking those with a different view or opinion are competing with us.

Anyway, I just watched some Chomsky, and all the way through thought, this is Bas' mouthpiece, if only he, bas, knew what he, bas, was saying. His [url=https://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/book/lookupname?key=Chomsky%2C%20Noam]books are much better[/url], of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wneThOUcpsQ

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:43pm On Apr 03, 2022
/
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:47pm On Apr 03, 2022
basilico:

we can also say that Putin has decreed to be paid in roubles Europe gas needs are 40 percent from russia,

It's still a lot below its pre-invade Ukraine value, and does hurt Russia, as inflationary evidence shows, and will get worse.

Europe is looking for alternative sources for gas. Once it finds it (could take 2-5 years, so note it's a long term thing, though article says in a year), Russia could eat it's gas for all the world cares, but long before then, Russia will start to eat it's roubles as it suffers from an inability to find anywhere to spend it's roubles except in China, or sell anything else except at a discount.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:53pm On Apr 03, 2022
budaatum:

What most don't understand is that with Nigeria adopting the American style of government, we have decided to go down the American historical political root but without the fueling force of occupying the land that America seized plus the free labour they seized with which to develop it, and without the political issues - race, gender confusion, oppression, etc - that they adopted their political system to solve, which is why we can't grow as America did and must find our own way after fully understanding the path we currently travel.

Unfortunately, we turn ourselves into the Right and the Left, a concept that does not even exist in Nigeria except perhaps as the North and the South, or my tribe and your tribe, a division that does get in the way of our learning.

Good thing is, the truth shall set us free. We just have to be mature enough to admit it when we see it bas, instead of thinking those with a different view or opinion are competing with us.

Anyway, I just watched some Chomsky, and all the way through thought, this is Bas' mouthpiece, if only he, bas, knew what he, bas, was saying. His [url=https://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/book/lookupname?key=Chomsky%2C%20Noam]books are much better[/url], of course.

I will like your post. Ben bought me a cognac when I recover I will respond. He also bought me bundles.
Have a good night.

Its not always fighting here please.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 9:53pm On Apr 03, 2022
budaatum:

It's still a lot below its pre-invade Ukraine value, and does hurt Russia, as inflationary evidence shows, and will get worse.

Europe is looking for alternative sources for gas. Once it finds it (could take 2-5 years, so note it's a long term thing, though article says in a year), Russia could eat it's gas for all the world cares, but long before then, Russia will start to eat it's roubles as it suffers from an inability to find anywhere to spend it's roubles except in China, or sell anything else except at a discount.

it has bounced back to pre-invaded value.
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/russias-ruble-rebound-raises-questions-sanctions-impact-83768547
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 9:55pm On Apr 03, 2022
basilico:

Gazprom is already mandated by law to convert 80% of it's receipts to Rouble so that decree was just to get the money into Russian bank where it cannot be seized and to protect Gazprom from sanctions

A country can prop up it's currency for a short while by buying it, but cannot do so forever without good conditions in place

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 10:06pm On Apr 03, 2022
Im
budaatum:

Im drunk on liqour ,. My responses are erratic if I do respond, I need a few hours to be coherent,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 10:13pm On Apr 03, 2022
Mexico kick this nigga out. Wahala everywhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 10:15pm On Apr 03, 2022
The real lab rat proving how low risk the vaccine is grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 10:16pm On Apr 03, 2022
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:31pm On Apr 03, 2022
benalvino3:

it has bounced back to pre-invaded value.
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/russias-ruble-rebound-raises-questions-sanctions-impact-83768547

Time will tell us which way it ends up and whom it costs.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 10:46pm On Apr 03, 2022
budaatum:

Time will tell us which way it ends up and whom it costs.

they really don't care. and the west may be losing its strength through sanctions as we can see
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:02pm On Apr 03, 2022
benalvino3:

they really don't care. and the west may be losing its strength through sanctions as we can see

Imagine Americans having to put up with Russia type sanctions and it's inflation alone, Jan 6 will be like a celebration party compared, and Let's Go Brandon will be Let's Burn Biden, left and right.

I would not agree that the west is losing any strength through sanctions. Sri Lanka, Greece, I hear, are rioting. Watch to see as others join in, including Russians, eventually.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 11:29pm On Apr 03, 2022
budaatum:

Imagine Americans having to put up with Russia type sanctions and it's inflation alone, Jan 6 will be like a celebration party compared, and Let's Go Brandon will be Let's Burn Biden, left and right.

I would not agree that the west is losing any strength through sanctions.Sri Lanka, Greece, I hear, are rioting. Watch to see as others join in, including Russians, eventually.

the folks at N. Korea don't want to put up with such sanctions. but when you have a government that can make you disappear and a system that supports such government... you will have to put up.

sanction did not make Iran, North Korea, Russia change
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by gambojimeta: 12:04am On Apr 04, 2022
China ah fear da sanction.

Isa kountry which ah need da west ta grow

Kikikikikikiki

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by gambojimeta: 12:06am On Apr 04, 2022
Kikikikikikiki

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by gambojimeta: 12:08am On Apr 04, 2022
China trading partiners

Western countries ah full da list

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 12:19am On Apr 04, 2022
benalvino3:

the folks at N. Korea don't want to put up with such sanctions. but when you have a government that can make you disappear and a system that supports such government... you will have to put up.

It makes their people suffer and you'd have to spend more money making people disappear, and you'd also not be able to steal much tax from them.

You, folk, for sure, don't sound like people who'd like to put up with living in any of those countries. Is that perhaps because it would be too much suffer for you or are you just being sarcastic, again?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 12:31am On Apr 04, 2022
Some grim economic facts:

- 63% of jobs in the US only offer salaries of between $15,000 - $20,000/year shocked

- Since China joined the World Trade Organization in 2001, the US has been losing 50,000 manufacturing jobs per month. Which means, over 12.6 million of such jobs have been lost since then.

- Meanwhile, only 23% of the approximately 11 million US job openings are your typical middle class positions.

- 21.3% of the US population receives financial assistance from the US government every month.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by gambojimeta: 12:32am On Apr 04, 2022
Lithuania
Welldones

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 1:49am On Apr 04, 2022
Bas, I'm watching All The President's Men. Great insight into government and media, with no impliance on my part that today's Washington Post is anything like then's or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC3YFyah_Yg
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 1:55am On Apr 04, 2022
PDPGuy:
Some grim economic facts:

- 63% of jobs in the US only offer salaries of between $15,000 - $20,000/year shocked

- Since China joined the World Trade Organization in 2001, the US has been losing 50,000 manufacturing jobs per month. Which means, over 12.6 million of such jobs have been lost since then.

- Meanwhile, only 23% of the approximately 11 million US job openings are your typical middle class positions.

- 21.3% of the US population receives financial assistance from the US government every month.

The US has been exporting, is more like it, since they are the ones who invested in building factories in China.

And how did China manage it? By providing cheap labour that so outweighed the benefit of the dollar that Americans converted their dollar into remnimbi to pay for Chinese labour instead of their own American labour because the returns were higher, so higher that America goes into debt to purchase it.

Now, that's how intelligent people win economic wars in the twenty first century! Make their money flow into your economy.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 1:58am On Apr 04, 2022
benalvino3:

Just because punishment won't change some leaders doesn't mean punishment should be withdrawn, unless you have a better alternative

Sanction is the only alternative to war with a stronghead opposition that refuses diplomacy

Eventually those societies crumble or their best brains leave

Sanctions killed Soviet Union. You can't get more empirical evidence than that, and it has certainly slowed down nuke advancements in Iran

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:11am On Apr 04, 2022
I feel I should apologise for flooding the thread with posts from this source. I had a thread for it but the mods shut it down for some reason so I decided this is a good place for it. It's America, after all. And the dollar. And Wolf does write very well, I dare say.

https://wolfstreet.com/2022/04/03/my-wealth-disparity-monitor-of-the-feds-money-printer-era-holy-moly-april-update-of-the-greatest-economic-injustice-in-recent-history/

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by gambojimeta: 2:26am On Apr 04, 2022
Ibime:

Just because punishment won't change some leaders doesn't mean punishment should be withdrawn, unless you have a better alternative

Sanction is the only alternative to war with a stronghead opposition that refuses diplomacy

Sanctions killed Soviet Union. You can't get more empirical evidence than that, and it has certainly slowed down nuke advancements in Iran

Truth

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by gambojimeta: 2:30am On Apr 04, 2022
budaatum:

The US has been exporting, is more like it, since they are the ones who invested in building factories in China.

And how did China manage it? By providing cheap labour that so outweighed the benefit of the dollar that Americans converted their dollar into remnimbi to pay for Chinese labour instead of their own American labour because the returns were higher, so higher that America goes into debt to purchase it.

Now, that's how intelligent people win economic wars in the twenty first century! Make their money flow into your economy.
Till dates . Efen Tesla ah have mega factory Ina China

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 6:36am On Apr 04, 2022
Wisconsin district voted to decertify election results last night,
I will be proven right one day. No kraken but Joe Biden is an illegitimate president.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 7:05am On Apr 04, 2022
Ibime:

I am not saying it should be withdrawn, all I am saying is if China wants to enter Taiwan, no amount of sanction will deter them.

This is no longer the time of 1990s when their allies were not economical behemoths. China is the number 2 economy if not number 1 and sanctions against them will have equal effect on those putting it.

And like I said, these people don't care if their people eat once a month. If them Wan do something they are more likely to do it if they feel it's the right time and their plan will succeed.

China waiting for the right time to invade Taiwan. It's not the fear of sanctions keeping them out... It's the fear of failure. Taiwan is as capable as China, they have modern equipments and China has not proven itself. So all the talk of military might may be blablabla

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 7:09am On Apr 04, 2022
budaatum:

It makes their people suffer and you'd have to spend more money making people disappear, and you'd also not be able to steal much tax from them.

You, folk, for sure, don't sound like people who'd like to put up with living in any of those countries. Is that perhaps because it would be too much suffer for you or are you just being sarcastic, again?

They will spend money to make people disappear? Not really.

They don't care about tax. They are dictators.
And where did I say they will like to live in a country like that?

If they speak up or out they die or disappear. So they remain silent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:49am On Apr 04, 2022
benalvino3:

I am not saying it should be withdrawn, all I am saying is if China wants to enter Taiwan, no amount of sanction will deter them.

This is no longer the time of 1990s when their allies were not economical behemoths. China is the number 2 economy if not number 1 and sanctions against them will have equal effect on those putting it.

And like I said, these people don't care if their people eat once a month. If them Wan do something they are more likely to do it if they feel it's the right time and their plan will succeed.

China waiting for the right time to invade Taiwan. It's not the fear of sanctions keeping them out... It's the fear of failure. Taiwan is as capable as China, they have modern equipments and China has not proven itself. So all the talk of military might may be blablabla

China will take over Taiwan, They will do so because the west only give lip service about protecting their allies. As Russian invasion has shown the west will only throw sanctions. russia currency has gained value because they want to be paid in roubles for gas contracts,

It seems to me that Biden gang wants to eliminate the petrol dollar

Had posted this years ago. The left wants to control oil production. Its about power.
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/02/global_warmings_50_years_of_fraud.html
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2022
basilico:

---The Russia ruble got a slight boost---but how long can this can be sustained in the next few months will be interesting to know---

https://tradingeconomics.com/russia/currency

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3160) (3161) (3162) (3163) (3164) (3165) (3166) ... (4188) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.