Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,846 members, 7,817,507 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1603676 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (4137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2019
Lucasbalo:
Couldn't agree more with you. My wife and I are gun owners and very responsible at it with our FOIC ( Firearms Owner Identification Card ). Own a Glock and Wifey own Smith and Welson. Been owning one over 20 years and i go to the shooting range once in a while. The only time i shot my Glock was the day my wife gave birth to Jnr after three girls and i came from the hospital, went into my backyard and empty the fifteen rounds of bullets in celebration. The problem is people not responsible. I always have my gun in my glove compartment sometimes because I live in a Concealed and Carry State and i will be damned if I can't defend myself or my family. Sometimes, I even have my gun on me without exposing it depending on the neighborhood I go to. 2nd Amendment is in America to stay but there's need for modification which the NRA and Republicons will never support.

...I'm in full total support of the 2nd Amendment, which states among other things "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Being a very responsible gun-owner is important...It is unfortunate that the Republicans won't take any action for political will to modify and pass law about 'gun-owing responsibility' because they are supported by the NRA...
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by BraniacX(m): 1:06pm On Nov 15, 2019
Lucasbalo:
I wasn't referring to you . It was the loud mouths here supporting a vile racist that don't give a damn about them. I don't have a beef with them having Biafra because i have no dog in the fight. It's probably the only reason people like Obixcel, Anduku and the other guys are blindly supporting the racist pig Trump.
no I totally get your point, I am not biafran in anyway but I am very sympathetic to the cause, I just shake my head from dumbfounded ness when I see educated biafrans postulate that the path to biafran actualization comes from licking Trump's arse which is the primary motivation of Nigerian trump supporters

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by BraniacX(m): 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2019
Lucasbalo:
@CTPlayer, another one of your cousin just shot other students in a High School in suburban Los Angeles. I told you your people are the domestic terrorists in America now. Maybe, we have to ban white people from coming to America because of their terrorism.
America oh America

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Lucasbalo(m): 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2019
TheShopKeeper:

...I'm in full total support of the 2nd Amendment, which states among other things "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Being a very responsible gun-owner is important...It is unfortunate that the Republicans won't take any action for political will to modify and pass law about 'gun-owing responsibility' because they are supported by the NRA...
Exactly. I grew up in a tough part of Chicago ( Uptown, North Side ) and I never thought of having firearms until i started a family. You are not a man if you can't protect your family. 100% in favor of 2nd amendment but there should be modification like I said but it's not going to happen because of Republicons be holding to NRA . That's why I never join NRA but I belong to an African American Firearms owners organization.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Lucasbalo(m): 1:13pm On Nov 15, 2019
BraniacX:
no I totally get your point, I am not biafran in anyway but I am very sympathetic to the cause, I just shake my head from dumbfounded ness when I see educated biafrans postulate that the path to biafran actualization comes from licking Trump's arse which is the primary motivation of Nigerian trump supporters
Good point. These guys are so dumb that they do not realize that Trump doesn't even care for Blacks and Hispanics in in his own country talk less of Africa where he thinks gorillas roam everywhere. Some of these Bozos will take Trump over their own fathers. Sick and deplorable bunch they are.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2019
AP source: Second US official in Kyiv heard Trump call

https://apnews.com/6d318542e50b45dc9e1d4d829ad36c96

WASHINGTON (AP) — A second U.S. Embassy staffer in Kyiv overheard a cellphone call between President Donald Trump and his ambassador to the European Union discussing a need for Ukrainian officials to pursue “investigations,” The Associated Press has learned.

The July 26 call between Trump and Gordon Sondland was first described during testimony Wednesday by William Taylor, the acting U.S. ambassador to Ukraine. Taylor said one of his staffers overhead the call while Sondland was in a Kyiv restaurant the day after Trump’s July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy that triggered the House impeachment inquiry.

The second diplomatic staffer also at the table was Suriya Jayanti, a foreign service officer based in Kyiv. A person briefed on what Jayanti overheard spoke to AP on condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive matter currently under investigation.

The accounts of the two embassy staffers could tie Trump closer to alleged efforts to hold up military aid to Ukraine in exchange for investigations into political rival Joe Biden and his son Hunter’s business dealings. In defending Trump on Wednesday, Republicans repeatedly highlighted that Taylor never directly heard the president direct anyone to demand that the Ukrainians open the probe.

Trump on Wednesday said he did not recall the July 26 call with Sondland. “No, not at all, not even a little bit,” Trump said.

...TreasonTrump never remembers anything...although he call himself a 'stable genius'...
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by BraniacX(m): 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2019
garetz:
Ukraine FM: Sondland never demanded investigations for aid

The Ukrainian Foreign Minister has said that Gordon Sondland never tied military aid to investigations, including those of Burisma, at all.

"Ukraine did not hear from U.S. Ambassador to the EU Gordon Sondland about a link between the delay in military assistance to Ukraine and the investigation into the case of Burisma Holdings, where son of former Vice President Joe Biden Hunter worked.

“Ambassador Sondland did not tell us, and did not tell me exactly, about the relation between the [military] assistance and the investigations. You should ask him. I do not recall any conversation with me as with foreign minister. It was not we, the Ukrainian officials (who were told this),” Prystaiko told the journalists in Kyiv on Thursday.

“I have never seen a direct link between investigations and security assistance. Yes, investigations were mentioned, you know, in a presidential conversation. But there was no clear connection between these events,” Prystaiko added.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1XO1HK

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7685799/amp/Ukraines-foreign-minister-Trumps-EU-ambassador-never-spelled-connection-aid-probe.html
more circumspect pressure has been applied cheesy but unfortunately for you trumptards, we are not calling on them as witnesses after the fact, especially when they are not subject to US laws,
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Lucasbalo(m): 1:18pm On Nov 15, 2019
BraniacX:
more circumspect pressure has been applied cheesy but unfortunately for you trumptards, we are not calling on them as witnesses after the fact, especially when they are not subject to US laws,
The plot thickens.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 1:29pm On Nov 15, 2019
TheShopKeeper:
AP source: Second US official in Kyiv heard Trump call

https://apnews.com/6d318542e50b45dc9e1d4d829ad36c96

WASHINGTON (AP) — A second U.S. Embassy staffer in Kyiv overheard a cellphone call between President Donald Trump and his ambassador to the European Union discussing a need for Ukrainian officials to pursue “investigations,” The Associated Press has learned.

The July 26 call between Trump and Gordon Sondland was first described during testimony Wednesday by William Taylor, the acting U.S. ambassador to Ukraine. Taylor said one of his staffers overhead the call while Sondland was in a Kyiv restaurant the day after Trump’s July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy that triggered the House impeachment inquiry.

The second diplomatic staffer also at the table was Suriya Jayanti, a foreign service officer based in Kyiv. A person briefed on what Jayanti overheard spoke to AP on condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive matter currently under investigation.

The accounts of the two embassy staffers could tie Trump closer to alleged efforts to hold up military aid to Ukraine in exchange for investigations into political rival Joe Biden and his son Hunter’s business dealings. In defending Trump on Wednesday, Republicans repeatedly highlighted that Taylor never directly heard the president direct anyone to demand that the Ukrainians open the probe.

Trump on Wednesday said he did not recall the July 26 call with Sondland. “No, not at all, not even a little bit,” Trump said.

...TreasonTrump never remembers anything...although he call himself a 'stable genius'...

Not long ago the Republicans in Capitol Hill nearly 'lynched' Hillary for using a private server for her emails.

Snodland and Trump both think they are conducting a business deal making a phone call using private cell phones, possibly on speakerphone for the call to be overheard by 2 diplomatic staff. Of course the Republicans won't do anything about this.

Most definetely, one Mr Vladimar Putin has got a copy of that call transcript. A serious security breach.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CTPlayer: 1:45pm On Nov 15, 2019
Lucasbalo:
Exactly. I grew up in a tough part of Chicago ( Uptown, North Side ) and I never thought of having firearms until i started a family. You are not a man if you can't protect your family. 100% in favor of 2nd amendment but there should be modification like I said but it's not going to happen because of Republicons be holding to NRA . That's why I never join NRA but I belong to an African American Firearms owners organization.
Chitcago

Year to Date
Shot & Killed: 415
Shot & Wounded: 2017
Total Shot: 2432
Total Homicides: 456

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Lucasbalo(m): 2:21pm On Nov 15, 2019
CTPlayer:

Chitcago

Year to Date
Shot & Killed: 415
Shot & Wounded: 2017
Total Shot: 2432
Total Homicides: 456
The junk you just posted makes no sense. With all that, Chicago is one of the most cosmopolitan and beautiful cities in the world with a lot of very good paying jobs unlike the shiiithole Appalachia where you dwell from. Your cousins are the domestic terrorists in America now and we need to pass a law to stop White people from coming to US because of their tendencies in committing terrorism.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:17pm On Nov 15, 2019
...Happening today in the impeachment inquiry...

9AM: Amb. Marie Yovanovitch testifies in public House Intel hearing

3PM: David Holmes to appear for closed-door testimony. Holmes is the staffer who is said to have overheard Trump ask Sondland on the phone about "the investigations"

...and possibly with a subpoena...a career official from the Office of Management and Budget Mark Sandy might appear for a closed door hearing on Saturday...i guess Mr Mulvaney won't be happy...
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2019
@ Lucasbalo

...History is about repeating itself...of course some folks who don't know their history will always scream 'fake news'...

...This impeachment hearing about Trump is very similar to the case of Mr Rod Blagojevich, former Governor of your beloved state - Illinois...who was impeached and removed from office for corruption...he was asking for bribes for political appointments (quid quo pro - 'something for something') including Barack Obama's vacant U.S. Senate seat after Obama was elected president in 2008...he was convicted and sentenced to 14 years in federal prison....guess what recently...TreasonTrump wanted to give him presidential pardon...

https://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/2019/10/31/20942713/blagojevich-pardon-president-donald-trump-prison

https://www.vox.com/2019/8/13/20802020/rod-blagojevich-trump-commutation-pardon

...some information on how he was caught...

What was the Rod Blagojevich scandal?

After Blagojevich served as a Chicago-based prosecutor, state legislator, and Congress member, his political career peaked when he was elected governor of Illinois in 2002 and then won a second term in 2006. But he was quickly overshadowed by another Democratic rising star from his state, Barack Obama, who won a Senate seat in 2004 and then the presidency in 2008.
That latter win meant that Obama would have to resign his Senate seat — and that Gov. Blagojevich would get to appoint his replacement. Media reports claimed that Obama wanted his adviser Valerie Jarrett to get the spot.
But Blagojevich had other ideas. The Senate seat, he told an adviser, “is a fucking valuable thing, you just don’t give it away for nothing.” In another conversation, he elaborated: “I’ve got this thing and it’s fucking golden and, uh, uh, I’m just not giving it up for fuckin’ nothing.” He also complained that his consultants were telling him to “suck it up” and give this “motherfucker” — Obama — “his senator.” He added: “For nothing? Bleep him.” (All of these conversations were wiretapped by the FBI.)
So what did Blagojevich want in return for naming Jarrett to the seat? He mused about several ideas:
• A presidential appointment for him, preferably health and human services secretary
• Obama could get him named the head of a private foundation (though it had to be for a large salary)
• Obama could get “Warren Buffet types” to give millions in funding to a new nonprofit that Blagojevich would then run (with a substantial salary)
• Paid corporate board positions for his wife

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 3:39pm On Nov 15, 2019
garetz:

Maybe all the people in the pictures below are putting on black face? I am curious why you are only posting pictures from outside the arena not inside? is it because you don't want people to see this?

what do you expect? Cookies for finding the few black useful idiots? I didn't say they didn't exist did I? It will take some serious organization at a national level to assemble them probably with caveats added but impromptu, you get white or maybe white face blacks at a republican black caucus, the fact they feel the need to specify that there are pro trump blacks at all is a message on its own
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2019
JUST IN: White House releases transcript of Trump’s first call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Well do you all remember the testimony by ambassador Taylor that Trump was dangling a WH meeting as leverage to get Zelensky to investigate its meddling in our 2016 elections?
That was a big, fat lie because in his first conversation with Zelensky, Trump invited him to visit the White house!!!

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:08pm On Nov 15, 2019
coluka:
JUST IN: White House releases transcript of Trump’s first call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Well do you all remember the testimony by ambassador Taylor that Trump was dangling a WH meeting as leverage to get Zelensky to investigate its meddling in our 2016 elections?
That was a big, fat lie because in his first conversation with Zelensky, Trump invited him to visit the White house!!!

https://www.scribd.com/document/435148068/WH-releases-transcript-of-Trump-call-with-Zelensky-in-April#from_embed

...The call was made on April 21 2019, months before the 2nd call on July 25...

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 4:12pm On Nov 15, 2019
BraniacX:
You seem to forget that when the Democrats are done with there
charade in the house, the real impeachment trial takes place in the Senate where the Republicans run the show

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2019
GalaticHorde:
what do you expect? Cookies for finding the few black useful idiots? I didn't say they didn't exist did I? It will take some serious organization at a national level to assemble them probably with caveats added but impromptu, you get white or maybe white face blacks at a republican black caucus, the fact they feel the need to specify that there are pro trump blacks at all is a message on its own
Suit yourself, believe whatever you want to believe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 4:43pm On Nov 15, 2019
garetz:

Suit yourself, believe whatever you want to believe
I intend to
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 4:47pm On Nov 15, 2019
garetz:

You seem to forget that when the Democrats are done with there
charade in the house, the real impeachment trial takes place in the Senate where the Republicans run the show
we know that and many of those republican senators are up for re election

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:56pm On Nov 15, 2019
...How bad can this get...Trump doing what he knows best to do...tweeting...his live tweet attacking the former Ukraine Ambassador Yovanovitch being read live by Adam Schiff at the public impeachment hearing...this is another crime committed by Trump in real time - 'witness intimidation'...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (4137) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: FarmlandInc and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.