Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (3487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1619703 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3484) (3485) (3486) (3487) (3488) (3489) (3490) ... (4140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2022
raumdeuter:

Biden himself conceded that Democrats will likely lose congress

In Senate

Chuck Grassley R to win Iowa
JD Vance R to win Ohio
Laxalt R to win Nevada
Budd R to win North Carolina
Rubio R to win Florida
Johnson R to win Wisconsin

I really want Buldoc R to win New Hampshire because it was Democrats who spent money to ensure that Bolduc defeated a moderate Republican hoping that Bolduc will be easy to beat today.

Warnock vs Walker to go into runoff

Oz vs Fetterman results wont be known till probably Thursday

Mark Kelly D to win in Arizona
Bennet D to win in Colorado

If Republicans can win any of New Hampshire, Georgia Pennsylvania Arizona or Colorado will be awesome

I am 2 predictions away from a perfect record

Laxalt and Mark Kelly. Remaining

Johnson and Kelly I expect to hold their lead. Laxalt will be tricky
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 12:08pm On Nov 09, 2022
raumdeuter:

I am 2 predictions away from a perfect record

Laxalt and Mark Kelly

Democrats willl not lose this by hook or crook. I have been checking https://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/live_results/2022/house/
Its been stuck for some hours. 173 vs 198 against Dems
Nothing to see anyway smiley
As I predicted democrats will not cede power, communists have never ceded,
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CoolUsername: 12:08pm On Nov 09, 2022
raumdeuter:

If Trump does this he will become my personal hero immediately.

I might even change my moniker to Trump

Unfortunately, Trump doesn't care about the GOP gaining ground. Trump only cares about Trump gaining ground. That's why he is still talking shxt about DeSantis. That's why he is trying to spin the narrative of some of the people he endorsed losing big as a good thing.

On the other hand, we can see DeSantis gaining ground with moderates and with minorities. He handled hurricane professionally, even the leftists on this board couldn't articulate what he did wrong. He still appeals to the maga audience with actions like dropping illegal aliens in sanctuary cities.

He can't beat Trump in the republican primaries but he would do better in a general election.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 12:13pm On Nov 09, 2022
CoolUsername:

Unfortunately, Trump doesn't care about the GOP gaining ground. Trump only cares about Trump gaining ground. That's why he is still talking shxt about DeSantis. That's why he is trying to spin the narrative of some of the people he endorsed losing big as a good thing.

On the other hand, we can see DeSantis gaining ground with moderates and with minorities. He handled hurricane professionally, even the leftists on this board couldn't articulate what he did wrong. He still appeals to the maga audience with actions like dropping illegal aliens in sanctuary cities.

He can't beat Trump in the republican primaries but he would do better in a general election.

Maybe the Jan 6 people will indict him

If Republicans want to win 2024. DeSantis is the way to go
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 12:23pm On Nov 09, 2022
Red wave grin cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 12:27pm On Nov 09, 2022
Meta laying off 11k workers
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CoolUsername: 12:28pm On Nov 09, 2022
raumdeuter:

Maybe the Jan 6 people will indict him

If Republicans want to win 2024. DeSantis is the way to go

As much as I want him gone, I don't think there's enough proof to show that Trump committed a crime.

Furthermore, DeSantis has a wife who is battling cancer. That could impact his decision on whether to run for President.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 12:31pm On Nov 09, 2022
CoolUsername:

As much as I want him gone, I don't think there's enough proof to show that Trump committed a crime.

Furthermore, DeSantis has a wife who is battling cancer. That could impact his decision on whether to run for President.

DeSantis wife has been declared cancer free

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 12:37pm On Nov 09, 2022
basilico:

Democrats willl not lose this by hook or crook. I have been checking https://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/live_results/2022/house/
Its been stuck for some hours. 173 vs 198 against Dems
Nothing to see anyway smiley
As I predicted democrats will not cede power, communists have never ceded,

With all those dead people I raised to vote Blue and the bamboo in the kraken?

Q lost!
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2022
CoolUsername:

Unfortunately, Trump doesn't care about the GOP gaining ground. Trump only cares about Trump gaining ground.

Rubbish! You been listening to that Blue crap it's turning you purple!

Vote for dump! Maga!

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CoolUsername: 1:38pm On Nov 09, 2022
budaatum:

Rubbish! You been listening to that Blue crap it's turning you purple!

Vote for dump! Maga!

I don't care about this purple, yellow, red, and blue bullshxt.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by adamusuleiman1: 2:01pm On Nov 09, 2022
feedthenation:

---In Georgia, Abrams had more votes from blacks and latinos, despite her lost---but the media keeps saying ethnic minorities are turning to GOP---
Whites in Georgia chose an uneducated black man over an educated one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:11pm On Nov 09, 2022
CoolUsername:

I don't care about this purple, yellow, red, and blue bullshxt.

Yea. You only care about right when it favors you.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2022
adamusuleiman1:

Whites in Georgia chose an uneducated black man over an educated one.

They know they can't control an educated one.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2022
The good thing is that Democrats are winning young voters and young voters have prevented a Red wave.

Gen Z has to become a reliable voting bloc for Democrats currently given the American demographics the upcoming generation will be more Democratic in nature if Republicans don't appeal to young people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:16pm On Nov 09, 2022
budaatum:

They know they can't control an educated one.
With Kemp not on the ballot if bodes well for Warnock though.

Anyway if Democrats had forgotten Florida and Texas, Wisconsin and North Carolina would have been a good pick up opportunity for them. I hope they learn from this. Nevada will be a nail bitter but Masto may pull it off.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by madrid5: 2:17pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:
The good thing is that Democrats are winning young voters and young voters have prevented a Red wave.

Gen Z has to become a reliable voting bloc for Democrats currently given the American demographics the upcoming generation will be more Democratic in nature if Republicans don't appeal to young people.
america needs another right wing party,the republicans especially trump wing are too stupid and have made to many demographic enemies
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:19pm On Nov 09, 2022
It's too early but in my opinion Desantis running in 2024 will not be a threat to the Democratic coalition. Desantis doesn't have the appeal or likability Trump has to garner a cult following of supporters.
The hype ends in Florida. He doesn't even have a sweet lying tongue Trump has.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:20pm On Nov 09, 2022
madrid5:
america needs another right wing party,the republicans especially trump wing are too stupid and have made to many demographic enemies
They have gone extreme and currently have no working policies, none of their policies favour issues relating to Gen Z. If Gen Z keeps voting Republicans will be receiving spanking left, right and center.
It was the young voters who made the difference this election

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2022
Florida moved from a swing state to solid red
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 2:26pm On Nov 09, 2022
raumdeuter:
Florida moved from a swing state to solid red

Because a bunch of republicans from all over moved there because of mask mandates

I mean in real sense they just mortgaged the leverage they had in numerous other states

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

They have gone extreme and currently have no working policies, none of their policies favour issues relating to Gen Z. If Gen Z keeps voting Republicans will be receiving spanking left, right and center.

Exactly. All their policies are useless that make no sense

I was expecting a blood bath because of the inflation

But with this numbers

Bro the Republican Party ain’t got juice
Like that anymore

2016 broke it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CoolUsername: 2:45pm On Nov 09, 2022
budaatum:

Yea. You only care about right when it favors you.

You say that like it's a bad thing. It's an ideology, not a cult.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CoolUsername: 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

You're acting like republicans are getting their backs blown out our something. This is definitely an underwhelming performance for the GOP but they will probably still take the house.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CoolUsername: 2:48pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

Not to mention the terrible diversity picks by Trump like Mehmet Oz and Herschel Walker losing big.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:52pm On Nov 09, 2022
Timiofak:

Because a bunch of republicans from all over moved there because of mask mandates

I mean in real sense they just mortgaged the leverage they had in numerous other states

@bold, very correct hence why democrats are defending toss up races and closely winning them

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:52pm On Nov 09, 2022
Timiofak:

Exactly. All their policies are useless that make sense

I was expecting a blood bath because of the inflation

But with this numbers

Bro the Republican Party ain’t got juice
Like that anymore

2016 broke it
Trump killed it

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:54pm On Nov 09, 2022
CoolUsername:

You're acting like republicans are getting their backs blown out our something. This is definitely an underwhelming performance for the GOP but they will probably still take the house.
Who cares if they take the house by the look of things they will lose it in 2024 this was their opportunities to perform wonders but bleeh sad. I blame Democrats in New York for the house races that said the younger generation of Americans will save America from the current Republican party some election deniers loss.
Republicans did not get supermajorities in Wisconsin and North Carolina so there is hope for 2024

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by saxywale2: 2:57pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:
It's too early but in my opinion Desantis running in 2024 will not be a threat to the Democratic coalition. Desantis doesn't have the appeal or likability Trump has to garner a cult following of supporters.
The hype ends in Florida. He doesn't even have a sweet lying tongue Trump has.
DeSantis would grab more votes from Independent voters than Trump could. The fringe would still vote red irrespective of who is on the ballot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 3:00pm On Nov 09, 2022
Timiofak:

They moved mainly from New York and California states that are dep blue to make Florida deep red.

Which is a Win for Republican vs fighting a lost battle in Cali and NY every election cycle
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 3:01pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

You mean despite the Roevember you claimed will happen Republicans will still take over Congress and Pelosi likely will be ousted
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CoolUsername: 3:02pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

Who cares if they take the house by the look of things they will lose it in 2024 this was their opportunities to perform wonders but bleeh sad. I blame Democrats in New York for the house races that said the younger generation of Americans will save America from the current Republican party some election deniers loss.
Republicans did not get supermajorities in Wisconsin and North Carolina so there is hope for 2024

2024 is still 2 years away. Things were looking rosy for the GOP but then the Roe v Wade debacle happened.

By the way, the house controls spending so the GOP would control spending if they take it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3484) (3485) (3486) (3487) (3488) (3489) (3490) ... (4140) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.