Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (3488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1619682 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3485) (3486) (3487) (3488) (3489) (3490) (3491) ... (4140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 3:02pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

Who cares if they take the house by the look of things they will lose it in 2024 this was their opportunities to perform wonders but bleeh sad. I blame Democrats in New York for the house races that said the younger generation of Americans will save America from the current Republican party some election deniers loss.
Republicans did not get supermajorities in Wisconsin and North Carolina so there is hope for 2024

Despite January 6 and Roe vs Wade Democrats still lost House and are likely 50-50 in the Senate at this time or best case a +1 pickup
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 3:09pm On Nov 09, 2022
raumdeuter:

They moved mainly from New York and California states that are dep blue to make Florida deep red.

Which is a Win for Republican vs fighting a lost battle in Cali and NY every election cycle

Win ? Lol they keep losing house seats around

Dude. Said it’s a win

I’ll rather have a state where I win 5 pts combine you and spread the remaining population in other counties

Than a state with 20 pts and other other counties suffering from it

But that just me.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 3:11pm On Nov 09, 2022
CoolUsername:

You're acting like republicans are getting their backs blown out our something. This is definitely an underwhelming performance for the GOP but they will probably still take the house.

Oh they are

In the face of record inflation and so many issue

Dems are performing way better than any midterms since 2002
And the reason 2002 was that great was because of post 9-11

Look it up and tell me dems ain’t indeed blowing them out

There is no red wave anywhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:11pm On Nov 09, 2022
raumdeuter:

Despite January 6 and Roe vs Wade Democrats still lost House and are likely 50-50 in the Senate at this time or best case a +1 pickup
Inflation, Crime, Republican enthusiasm, fundamentals and history all on your side.
Republicans performed embarrasingly bad even in state wide races an election they were supposed to have in the bag since January grin
This bodes very well for Democrats in 2024. cheesy
Shame on your party cheesy.

How did it look like for a Trump midterm in 2018 again cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:13pm On Nov 09, 2022
CoolUsername:

2024 is still 2 years away. Things were looking rosy for the GOP but then the Roe v Wade debacle happened.

By the way, the house controls spending so the GOP would control spending if they take it.
With a very slim majority where they will embarrass themselves grin

Nah with young voters showing up I am very confident in the dem coalition that defied history last night and it bodes well for 2024 where new registered voters will also be in play.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:16pm On Nov 09, 2022
raumdeuter:

You mean despite the Roevember you claimed will happen Republicans will still take over Congress and Pelosi likely will be ousted
Yes Roevember prevented a GQP plus 30 seats and if not for New York Democrats being idiots the house would likely still be in play.
Roevember propelled Democrats to vote and do well in state wide races cheesy that were not expected to be in contention

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by sanpipita(m): 3:16pm On Nov 09, 2022
Timiofak:

Oh they are

In the face of record inflation and so many issue

Dems are performing way better than any midterms since 2002
And the reason 2002 was that great was because of post 9-11

Look it up and tell me dems ain’t indeed blowing them out

There is no red wave anywhere.

Gerrymandering is what has given Republicans any competitive edge, places like Florida gave them a head start, Democrats have done well to limit the damage, they flipped three seats in Ohio, Lauren Boeboert might lose her seat to a Dem too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 3:16pm On Nov 09, 2022
Timiofak:

Dude. Said it’s a win

I’ll rather have a state where I win 5 pts combine you and spread the remaining population in other counties

But that just me.

The reality today is that Republicans will likely win the Congress which means they are not losing more house seats. How are they losing house seats yet just about to win Congress? How does that Math work?

Even in places like New York Lawler is about to unseat Pelosis deputy

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:17pm On Nov 09, 2022
saxywale2:

DeSantis would grab more votes from Independent voters than Trump could. The fringe would still vote red irrespective of who is on the ballot.
Desantis is far worse than Trump thank goodness he is not likeable and doesn't have a cult following for now grin
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:17pm On Nov 09, 2022
Timiofak:

Dude. Said it’s a win

But that just me.
grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

Inflation, Crime, Republican enthusiasm, fundamentals and history all on your side.
Republicans performed embarrasingly bad even in state wide races an election they were supposed to have in the bag since January grin
This bodes very well for Democrats in 2024. cheesy
Shame on your party cheesy.

How did it look like for a Trump midterm in 2018 again cheesy

So Democrats didnt have enthusiasm? You are losing the Congress in an election immediately after passing RvW. How do you hope to overturn Roe vs Wade?

Despite all the Jan 6 and the Commission and screams of Democracy under attack you still lost Congress

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:21pm On Nov 09, 2022
raumdeuter:

So Democrats didnt have enthusiasm? You are losing the Congress in an election immediately after passing RvW. How do you hope to overturn Roe vs Wade?

Despite all the Jan 6 and the Commission and screams of Democracy under attack you still lost Congress
The odds were never for the democrats to win despite Roe. The fundamentals, pundits and media told us Roe was not a factor and Republicans had it in the bag so what happened.
Why are you twisting a terrible Republican loss as a Democratic problem when they can still run on Roe and win in 2024 cheesy.
They loss congress by a razor thin margin how many margins did Republicans lose in 2018 for a political party in power cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 3:23pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

Yes Roevember prevented a GQP plus 30 seats and if not for New York Democrats being idiots the house would likely still be in play.
Roevember propelled Democrats to vote and do well in state wide races cheesy that were not expected to be in contention

Roevember propelled them to vote yet lose Congress and still heading for a narrow Senate win if any. So where was the win?

This was you a few days ago

Ladyhippolyta88:

Republicans are not winning the house ,particularly the senate this time around.

Liberals will continue to win

This was my own prediction

raumdeuter:
I expect Republican to win the Senate race in Ohio, Nevada, North Carolina, Wisconsin

I expect Democrats to win in New Hampshire and Colorado

Pennsylvania, Georgia are close to call.

Democrats scrambling to defend the inflation and crime

See who knew what they are talking about
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 3:27pm On Nov 09, 2022
Its funny how all those who predicted that democrats will retain Congress are celebrating a narrow loss

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:27pm On Nov 09, 2022
raumdeuter:

Roevember propelled them to vote yet lose Congress and still heading for a narrow Senate win if any. So where was the win?

This was you a few days ago

This was my own prediction

See who knew what they are talking about
I said so based on the current climate and special elections and if elections were held then it likely would have been so.

However, when the fundamentals and pundits/pollsters tell us that Roe is a forgotten issue and dems were going to lose who was I to question them.
Your party loss and embarrassed themselves a slim Republican house is nothing and can easily be wiped out in 2 years going by this margin. As far as this election goes the fundamentals and history was supposed to be on your side.
The Dems can keep campaigning on the abortion issue and win in future cycles because it obviously mattered hence one of the reasons they did not perform badly and performed spectacularly in state wide races like Michigan grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:28pm On Nov 09, 2022
raumdeuter:
Its funny how all those who predicted that democrats will retain Congress are celebrating a narrow loss

Because the Democratic loss was supposed to be an annihilation grin

Compare it to 2018 again for a political party in power cheesy

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 3:29pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

I said so based on the current climate and special elections and if elections were held then it likely would have been so.

However, when the fundamentals and pundits/pollsters tell us that Roe is a forgotten issue and dems were going to lose who was I to question them.
Your party loss and embarrassed themselves a slim Republican house is nothing and can easily be wiped out in 2 years going by this margin. As far as this election goes the fundamentals and history was supposed to be on your side.
The Dems can keep campaigning on the abortion issue and win in future cycles because it obviously mattered hence one of the reasons they did not perform badly and performed spectacularly in state wide races like Michigan grin

You said this just 4 days ago!!

What has changed in the climate within 3days between November 5 you made the comment and November 8 that election held

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 3:31pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

Because the Democratic loss was supposed to be an annihilation grin

Compare it to 2018 again for a political party in power cheesy

Which annihilation. You were the one confident Democrats will win both houses, I was the one cautious. Almost all my predictions came to, And yours?

Ladyhippolyta88:

Republicans are not winning the house ,particularly the senate this time around.

Liberals will continue to win
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:31pm On Nov 09, 2022
raumdeuter:

You said this just 4 days ago!!

What has changed in the climate between November 5 you made the comment and November 8 that election held
Particularly the senate you forgot that part and I am right wink and by the way they did not sweep control of the midterms as the person I quoted suggested. cheesy
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:32pm On Nov 09, 2022
Anyway Democrats have gotten trifectas in Michigan and Minnesota.

Republicans will not get a supermajority in Wisconsin and North Carolina cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:35pm On Nov 09, 2022
raumdeuter:

Which annihilation. You were the one confident Democrats will win both houses, I was the one cautious. Almost all my predictions came to, And yours?

Oh I admit I was wrong for the house thankfully I added "particularly the senate" to the line to show that I wasn't in anyway certain

The Democrats are winning the senate thankfully more judges and I was right when I said liberals will continue to win because so far they have overperformed expectations.
That said I must thank Gen Z again. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by saxywale2: 3:35pm On Nov 09, 2022
CoolUsername:

2024 is still 2 years away. Things were looking rosy for the GOP but then the Roe v Wade debacle happened.

By the way, the house controls spending so the GOP would control spending if they take it.
At the last sentence. The good news from it is that it may help cool inflation when people perceive that the GOP prefers to tighten/cut than spend (Trump was an exception).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:36pm On Nov 09, 2022
I will say it again every sane person and even the media must admit that for a political party in power this was an awesome performance cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 3:36pm On Nov 09, 2022
CoolUsername:

You really shouldn't lose too much sleep over this stuff.

Masters lost and Kelly retains his Senate seat so I'm quite better now. Anxiously waiting on Katie Hobbs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:37pm On Nov 09, 2022
saxywale2:

At the last sentence. The good news from it is that it may help cool inflation when people perceive that the GOP prefers to tighten than spend (Trump was an exception).
It will help flip the house back because the only reason the GQP might win the house is because of the redistricted districts particularly in New York. I am so angry and the Democrats there. For a presidential election year they can gain grounds there.

One thing I must thank Trump for is making democrats dedicated and not lazy voters

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 3:38pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:
I will say it again every sane person and even the media must admit that for a political party in power this was an awesome performance cool

It's actually the best performance in a President's mid term in the first term since I can remember. It shows the disastrous effect criminal trump had on the GOP. They thought it was fun as usual.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 3:40pm On Nov 09, 2022
I'm so happy that Criminal trump will be indicted now after the election and the GOP won't even cry over it.

Lol grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 3:40pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

Particularly the senate you forgot that part and I am right wink and by the way they did not sweep control of the midterms as the person I quoted suggested. cheesy

Senate still depends on Wisconsin where Johnson should win, Arizona where Kelly should win, Nevada where its close and Georgia thats going into a runoff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:41pm On Nov 09, 2022
I must agree with budaatum he always said that Trump helped the Democrats become more politically aware and vote.

Ever since then the Democrats no longer give into political apathy and take anything for granted.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 3:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

Oh I admit I was wrong for the house thankfully I added "particularly the senate" to the line to show that I wasn't in anyway certain

The Democrats are winning the senate thankfully more judges and I was right when I said liberals will continue to win because so far they have overperformed expectations.
That said I must thank Gen Z again. cheesy

What were your predictions for Beto O'Rourke and Stacey Abrams?

Stacey whom they credited for Bidens win in Georgia lost very early in the night

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
raumdeuter:

Senate still depends on Wisconsin where Johnson should win, Arizona where Kelly should win, Nevada where its close and Georgia thats going into a runoff
Masto will pull a nailbittter

Instead of Democrats focusing on Texas and Florida they should have spent in NC and WI.
Kemp will not be on the ballot next month it bodes well for Warnock.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CoolUsername: 3:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
saxywale2:

At the last sentence. The good news from it is that it may help cool inflation when people perceive that the GOP prefers to tighten/cut than spend (Trump was an exception).

Then Biden can just take the credit because the voting masses don't really have that knowledge.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3485) (3486) (3487) (3488) (3489) (3490) (3491) ... (4140) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: happney65

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.