Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (3490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1620269 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3487) (3488) (3489) (3490) (3491) (3492) (3493) ... (4140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Donjazet2: 4:30pm On Nov 09, 2022
adamusuleiman1:

Whites in Georgia chose an uneducated black man over an educated one.

What site is this?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by saxywale2: 4:32pm On Nov 09, 2022
adamusuleiman1:

Republicans will line behind Trump after he bullies a few of them. I have always followed this thread and we have been hearing from Republicans about how the party will dump Trump if he loses the last presidential election. A particular poster here was very vocal about how he would be dumped.

Well Trump is now obviously a big problem to the majority non-extreme GOP. He is now stuck like a leach on the party. Due to Trump's love for the spotlight and his big ego, I would be shocked if he doesn't announce his intention to run.
LMAO. Funny but can't dispute this statement. A good example is Ted Cruz. He has already started with DeSanctimonious. He would drag DeSantis family into it when the time is right just like he did for Ted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 4:34pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

Majorie won since last night it was one of the first races to be called in GA.
Lauren Boebert her fellow Qnut is trailing the Democrat I still expect her to win but who knows cheesy

It's been called for Adam frisch, Bobo lost grin

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 4:34pm On Nov 09, 2022
raumdeuter:

Many people will see that while Trump might win a primary, he will be a disaster at a General election. His endorsements show it already

Many regular Republicans are very comfortable with DeSantis and not with Trump, his loose talks and legal troubles

Fair point. To many Republicans, DeSantis is a “perfect” blend of MAGA politics and the old establishment.
Who knows whether Trump would even announce his endorsement of DeSantis on Monday grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 4:37pm On Nov 09, 2022
saxywale2:

She would not find it easy if her partner in crime is not in the congress. That is L. Bobo.

The reality is that Americans rejected many of Criminal trumps endorsed candidate. So the narrative is that, when you become more maga Americans will finally come around to reject you. So how will Gazpacho act in the new Congress as it shows people are rejecting trumpism?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:38pm On Nov 09, 2022
Obrigardo:

Are you serious.

Or you are just playing me cool shocked shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:38pm On Nov 09, 2022
PDPGuy:

Fair point. To many Republicans, DeSantis is a “perfect” blend of MAGA politics and the old establishment.
Who knows whether Trump would even announce his endorsement of DeSantis on Monday grin
Trump will rather die than do that. grin

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:39pm On Nov 09, 2022
Obrigardo:

Who called this race
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 4:40pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

It's not just Trump the abortion decision played a factor and dems should keep campaigning on it.
The Gen Z voters pulled Democrats over the line it portends electoral troubles for Republicans in the future because they currently have no popular policy young Americans like grin

Thank God for scotus cheesy
Mix that cruelty with criminal trumps assault on democracy and it revealed the bad candidates that were maga endorsed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 4:41pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

Are you serious.

Or you are just playing me cool shocked shocked shocked shocked

Frisch is over 51% in with about 22k votes left to be counted. She's in deficit of 3k+ votes so the pollsters say she can't match up that number even when the remaning votes are counted. So it's called.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by adamusuleiman1: 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
Donjazet2:

What site is this?
NBC sir.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-elections/georgia-senate-results

I know it gives the vibes of the slavery era when it was a crime in some states to teach a black person how to read and write due to control.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 4:43pm On Nov 09, 2022
raumdeuter:

Majorie already won her own election more than 12hrs ago. Or what are you waiting for again

Don't be a hot blood. I found that in seconds before you started rage replying.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:46pm On Nov 09, 2022
Obrigardo:

Frisch is over 51% in with about 22k votes left to be counted. She's in deficit of 3k+ votes so the pollsters say she can't match up that number even when the remaning votes are counted. So it's called.
God is indeed wonderful who could have seen this coming.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by saxywale2: 4:46pm On Nov 09, 2022
Obrigardo:

Bobo can now go back school to get some education. I will not miss the illiterate and her crass attitude in Congress.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2022
Obrigardo:

Thank God for scotus cheesy
Mix that cruelty with criminal trumps assault on democracy and it revealed the bad candidates that were maga endorsed
I am just praying for Clarence Thomas to leave. Dems need a fourth liberal justice.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mintum: 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ron Johnson has won in Wisconsin and with laxalt almost certain to win in Nevada, the GOP is certain to end up with at least 50 Senate seats. The two Senate races that will decide the control of the Senate are Georgia and Arizona. If the GOP wins any of those races then the Senate will flip to republican control but democrats must win both just to keep the Senate at fifty seats each.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mintum: 4:48pm On Nov 09, 2022
Republicans will most definitely take control of the house but with a smaller majority than initially predicted.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Donjazet2: 4:51pm On Nov 09, 2022
Obrigardo:

Don't be a hot blood. I found that in seconds before you started rage replying.

Rage replying. Such an apt term to use for him.

Many of you don't know dayo, he will bombard you with his bullshite till you're dazzled

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Klass99(f): 4:59pm On Nov 09, 2022
smiley
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:00pm On Nov 09, 2022
Klass99:

Thank you so much Klass.
kiss kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 5:05pm On Nov 09, 2022
raumdeuter:

The reality today is that Republicans will likely win the Congress which means they are not losing more house seats. How are they losing house seats yet just about to win Congress? How does that Math work?

Even in places like New York Lawler is about to unseat Pelosis deputy

So In all honesty you consider this a republican win ? Lol

Red wave tru tru

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2022
Timiofak:

So In all honesty you consider this a republican win ? Lol

Red wave tru tru

Before today Democrats control congress and Senate

After today Republican will control congress and Senate still in the air

Its really a Roevember

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ono(m): 5:09pm On Nov 09, 2022
Establishment politicians put up a strong fight - this is not about Republicans or Democrats. This was about survival against Trump's onslaught. Turtle Mitch McConnel will be smiling in his room. Abortion and sterilisation loving Maggie Hassan escaped.

I am amazed at how America has “fallen”. The impact of moral decadence is coming to fore. Just look at the crop of democrat candidates they’ve voted into office. May the good Lord help them.

Bas, Raum and Ben, what’s your take ?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by saxywale2: 5:14pm On Nov 09, 2022
So happy for this big guy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2022
raumdeuter:

Before today Democrats control congress and Senate

After today Republican will control congress and Senate still in the air

Its really a Roevember

Lol this is copium of the highest order

Since 30 years ago everyone knows for a fact that the opposition win the midterms

This one you are saying proves the point that republicans as the opposition don’t have footing in recent times

Look at the 1994 election, 2008 election, 2018 election and look at what makes they have alike.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by saxywale2: 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2022
ono:
Establishment politicians put up a strong fight - this is not about Republicans or Democrats. This was about survival against Trump onslaught. Turtle Mitch McConnel will be smiling in his room. Abortion and sterilisation loving Maggie Hassan escaped.

I am amazed at how America has “fallen”. The impact of moral decadence is coming to fore. Just look at the crop of democrat candidates they’ve voted into office. May the good Lord help them.

American has fallen in your nightmares. GtFOH

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mintum: 5:18pm On Nov 09, 2022
On a second look, I'm getting more confident about a Blake Masters victory in Arizona, I even think he has a better shot than Laxalt in Nevada because of the unknown factor i.e the number of mail votes still left in Clark county (Don't know why they are hiding that detail, looks fishy). All of the votes left to be counted in Arizona on the other hand are election day mail drop offs which has broken 60-40 for Masters so far, he might just pull it off. Nevada needs to be more transparent with their elections, Laxalt looks good for the win but with them refusing to say how many mail votes are left in heavily democratic Clark county, who is to say that we won't suddenly see a magical additional 100k+ votes emerge from there after waiting for all republican leaning districts to turn in their returns? It won't be the first time it has happened, I saw this in Broward county, Florida in 2018, almost same playbook. I hope it's not the case here though. Transparency breeds confidence in election processes, I wonder why you will be hiding information if you're not doing anything fishy.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Konkoja: 5:19pm On Nov 09, 2022
Obrigardo:

The reality is that Americans rejected many of Criminal trumps endorsed candidate. So the narrative is that, when you become more maga Americans will finally come around to reject you. So how will Gazpacho act in the new Congress as it shows people are rejecting trumpism?

Gazpacho grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2022
ono:
Establishment politicians put up a strong fight - this is not about Republicans or Democrats. This was about survival against Trump onslaught. Turtle Mitch McConnel will be smiling in his room. Abortion and sterilisation loving Maggie Hassan escaped.

My only hope is that both houses leadership changes hands, I think that might not happen.
Abortion is very important more than inflation

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2022
Timiofak:

Since 30 years ago everyone knows for a fact that the opposition win the midterms

This one you are saying proves the point that republicans as the opposition don’t have footing in recent times

Look at the 1994 election, 2008 election, 2018 election and look at what makes they have alike.

Republican are winning Congress. So what are you saying? Or you have Democrats winning Congress in any permutation
2002 George Bush expanded his lead and Democrats lost more

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mintum: 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2022
Timiofak:

The GOP only lost the house in 2018 but they retained control of the Senate. Dems are certainly going to lose the house this time and the Senate is still a toss up so I wouldn't be mocking if I were you, there's still a possibility Dems end up worse than the last mid term under a GOP president. At best it will be a split congress just like in 2018.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 5:28pm On Nov 09, 2022
Mintum:

The GOP only lost the house in 2018 but they retained control of the Senate. Dems are certainly going to lose the house this time and the Senate is still a toss up so I wouldn't be mocking if I were you, there's still a possibility Dems end up worse than the last mid term under a GOP president. At best it will be a split congress just like in 2018.

Republicans actually gained Senate seats in 2002 and 2018

In 2018 Democrats flipped Congress They called it a Democrat victory
In 2022 Republican flipped Congress They still called it a Democrat victory

The delusion is really high

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3487) (3488) (3489) (3490) (3491) (3492) (3493) ... (4140) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.