Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (3494) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1619943 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3491) (3492) (3493) (3494) (3495) (3496) (3497) ... (4140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:07pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

He will not beat Biden. cheesy
DeSantis does not have the kind of appeal Trump has to get diehard supporters.
If Biden runs he wins. The Dem coalition as long as they keep turning out the vote they will win.

Biden currently gets antidump votes. He'd lose them if dump disappears, especially with inflation and fed induced job loses and a recession. And 2 years is enough time for Desantis to rise.

We'll see, I guess.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 10:36pm On Nov 09, 2022
budaatum:

Dump! Dump!

grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:38pm On Nov 09, 2022
budaatum:

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

Isn't that the most refreshing thing? I would miss her lol, we won't have #laurenboebertisdumb trending again lol grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
Timiofak:

grin grin

I can't laugh lol
Let's be honest, criminal trump is not clinically or psychologically well. There's this thing that continues eating him up, and on his own he would he decayed out of public sphere awhile ago, just the minions around him pushing his rubbish on everyone. Would he have much loyal cultists anymore seeing his endorsement is not even close to the worth of my wet and shitty pants?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:45pm On Nov 09, 2022
This is the victory people are celebrating, that election deniers lost, trust me nothing else matters grin
People are truly listening to President Biden because every word he was saying for months was everyone should reject the extreme maga psycophants and then the voters did. Seems he found the sorcerer's stone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:46pm On Nov 09, 2022
Obrigardo:

Isn't that the most refreshing thing? I would miss her lol, we won't have #laurenboebertisdumb trending again lol grin

I must to gloat.

If you’re in a celebratory mood today, you’ve got good reason. The fears — including my fears — about a wave of election-deniers sweeping into offices did not happen. Virtually every swing-state denialist candidate for governor, attorney general or secretary of state was defeated. Democratic governors in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin will serve as bulwarks to keep their elections fair; Democrats actually gained control of the Legislature in Michigan, and Republicans did not win veto-proof majorities in Wisconsin or North Carolina. In every state where abortion was on the ballot, voters chose to protect it. And GOP Colorado Rep. Lauren Boebert may go down to defeat, thus instantly raising the collective IQ of the House of Representatives.
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/11/09/democrats-midterm-election-results-relief-00065990
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:47pm On Nov 09, 2022
sanpipita:

They are not serious people, they are even doing press conference.

Some went for a smoke, some for a lap dance lol
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:50pm On Nov 09, 2022
budaatum:

I must to gloat.

That's lots of wins, proud of democracy even if it's not perfect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:50pm On Nov 09, 2022

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:55pm On Nov 09, 2022
budaatum:

Biden currently gets antidump votes. He'd lose them if dump disappears, especially with inflation and fed induced job loses and a recession. And 2 years is enough time for Desantis to rise.

We'll see, I guess.

Seems they haven't yet considered Liz Cheney as the spanner that will destroy their wrench. Because to be frank, Liz Cheney now has some considerable political power now that most of the election deniers lost. Just wait for the pr articles from the media about Liz Cheney in a day or two. The Democrat Liz Cheney endorsed won in Virginia and in the most gerrymandered which made it impossible for another party to win.
Is that not voodoo?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 12:08am On Nov 10, 2022
---Various predictions about the red wave---

Fox News host, Jesse Watters: "We are looking at a historic massive red wave coming"

National Review - Jim Geraghty: "Midterm Predictions: The ‘Red Tsunami’ Comes into View Once More"

New York Times conservative columnist David Brooks suggested "we’re probably looking at a red wave election" in a piece headlined: "Why Republicans Are Surging"

According to "longtime observer of the Washington scene," Newsweek's Peter Roff: "A Red Wave is Coming. The Only Question is How High It Will Be"

There was the New York Post's Michael Goodwin who bigged up Lee Zeldin's chances under the headline: "New York Red Wave is coming ashore"

There was Doug Schoen, former Democratic Party consultant turned Fox/Newsmax commentator: "How the impending red wave could become a tsunami"

Senator Ted Cruz predicts 'not just a red wave, but a red tsunami' for Republicans on Election Day":

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 12:44am On Nov 10, 2022
feedthenation:
---Various predictions about the red wave---

Fox News host, Jesse Watters: "We are looking at a historic massive red wave coming"

National Review - Jim Geraghty: "Midterm Predictions: The ‘Red Tsunami’ Comes into View Once More"

New York Times conservative columnist David Brooks suggested "we’re probably looking at a red wave election" in a piece headlined: "Why Republicans Are Surging"

According to "longtime observer of the Washington scene," Newsweek's Peter Roff: "A Red Wave is Coming. The Only Question is How High It Will Be"

There was the New York Post's Michael Goodwin who bigged up Lee Zeldin's chances under the headline: "New York Red Wave is coming ashore"

There was Doug Schoen, former Democratic Party consultant turned Fox/Newsmax commentator: "How the impending red wave could become a tsunami"

Senator Ted Cruz predicts 'not just a red wave, but a red tsunami' for Republicans on Election Day":

It is still unbelievable that the worst inflation crisis within the last 40 years didn't result in the said "red wave". Besides, with Kevin McCarthy as the next Speaker, it would be difficult for Republicans to extricate themselves from blame if the US economy goes deeper into a recession within the next two years, because the Republicans would be in charge of 1/3 of the political sub-branches of government (or the entire Congress).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 1:09am On Nov 10, 2022
PDPGuy:

It is still unbelievable that the worst inflation crisis within the last 40 years didn't result in the said "red wave". Besides, with Kevin McCarthy as the next Speaker, it would be difficult for Republicans to extricate themselves from blame if the US economy goes deeper into a recession within the next two years, because the Republicans would be in charge of 1/3 of the political sub-branches of government (or the entire Congress).

---Kevin McCarthy position as Speaker is not guaranteed---there have been a number of GOPs who have declared their interests in becoming Speaker---and the GOP have to own the inflation issue if nothing gets done within the next two years---

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 1:35am On Nov 10, 2022
feedthenation:

---Kevin McCarthy position as Speaker is not guaranteed---there have been a number of GOPs who have declared their interests in becoming Speaker---and the GOP have to own the inflation issue if nothing gets done within the next two years---

A wild-card candidate for Speaker would be, believe it or not, Trump grin

I know it sounds crazy, but nothing in the US Constitution, U.S. statutes or U.S. House rules limit the Speakership to sitting members of the HOR...

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 1:36am On Nov 10, 2022
Dumb voters. A trans obese man wins a beauty contest in New Hampshire.
Expect the voters to use their heads if they stomach this nonsense?
No red wave when you have such kind of voters and vote counters

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by timay1: 4:13am On Nov 10, 2022
CoolUsername:

Lol, if Trump doesn't get the republican ticket, he'll just run as an independent and tank the GOP's chances.

He'll be foolish to try that. The reason he's still very much okay despite the Democrat sponsored DOJ attacks on him is because he still has the protection of the GOP. If peradventure he doesn't get 2024 ticket and he tries shit and not accept the outcome, the GOP will take the 2024 hit for sure but will bury his political career for life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by timay1: 4:19am On Nov 10, 2022
budaatum:

Used by date has passed. Gop will throw him out.
Yep. And this midterm trump fiasco has given them the perfect way and time to lay the ground work for it.

And the fact that they are already proping up DeSantis confirms this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by saxywale2: 5:07am On Nov 10, 2022
basilico:
I laughed so hard that I almost fell off my chair. Even James Brown and brobisky are finer than this Queen or King.

I wonder what the Governor of NH (Republican) or both houses of the NH state legislature (Republican majority senate and Republican majority HOR) are doing about stuffs like this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 5:53am On Nov 10, 2022
saxywale2:

I laughed so hard that I almost fell off my chair. Even James Brown and brobisky are finer than this Queen or King.

I wonder what the Governor of NH (Republican) or both houses of the NH state legislature (Republican majority senate and Republican majority HOR) are doing about stuffs like this.

Wetin concern the government in a beauty competition like this when you making it sound as if this guy being the winner will make the economy of the state of new Hampshire to collapse or something. Whatever problem you might have with this concerns you and the organisers.

Abi

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by saxywale2: 5:56am On Nov 10, 2022
happney65:

Wetin concern the government in a beauty competition like this when you making it sound as if this guy being the winner will make the economy of the state of new Hampshire to collapse or something. Whatever problem you might have with this concerns you and the organisers.

Abi
You forgot that Republicans don't like to mind their business. They would like to even know what goes on in people's bedroom sef or control others.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:58am On Nov 10, 2022
budaatum:

We'll see, I guess.
Currently the demographics are changing. Two years is enough for you to strengthen your coalition the so-called antidump votes particularly some of them who endorsed him were from Republican stronghold already that Trump still won. The only state it made a difference was likely in Arizona.
The economy is better under Biden,America is not in a recession and inflation is better in America compared to others. It's not that hard Biden and his party could do a better job campaigning on their Democratic wins, sensitising the people about the economy because some voters are clueless and don't know how government works most importantly Democrats must bring their coalition and leaning independents to vote in swing states. Two years is enough to register more genZ voters.

DeSantis doesn't have the Trump appeal if Democrats work hard like they did here and defied the odds. Biden will be re-elected the extremism in the GQP will not change anytime soon because they do not have any working policies to even fight inflation or better the economy asides tax cut for the wealthy. Thankfully the economy will get better under Biden he must campaign on that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 6:02am On Nov 10, 2022
Running with the *Stollen* election narrative as a campaign strategy will not work anymore, saying the election was stolen is now like a death knell.

Governorship candidates endorsed by criminal trump who all said the 2020 election were stolen all lost, waiting on Kari lake to complete the rout.

Tonight, the GOP GOVERNOR Candidates Who Refused To Say If They'd Have Certified Biden's 2020 Win In Their States:

❔Kari Lake, Arizona
❌ Tim Michels, Wisconsin
❌ Tudor Dixon, Michigan
❌ Doug Mastriano, PA
❌ Darren Bailey, Illinois
❌ Dan Cox, Maryland
❌ Lee Zeldin, NY

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:03am On Nov 10, 2022
saxywale2:

You forgot that Republicans don't like to mind their business. They would like to even know what goes on in people's bedroom sef or control others.
New Hampshire Republicans are different from the others hence why they still win.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 6:05am On Nov 10, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

Currently the demographics are changing. Two years is enough for you to strengthen your coalition the so-called antidump votes particularly some of them who endorsed him were from Republican stronghold already that Trump still won. The only state it made a difference was likely in Arizona.
The economy is better under Biden,America is not in a recession and inflation is better in America compared to others. It's not that hard Biden and his party could do a better job campaigning on their Democratic wins, sensitising the people about the economy because some voters are clueless and don't know how government works most importantly Democrats must bring their coalition and leaning independents to vote in swing states. Two years is enough to register more genZ voters.

The millions of 16 and 17 years old are itching to join the GenZ voting trend, because when this generation starts something, it's just so hard to stop them.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 6:07am On Nov 10, 2022
saxywale2:

Basiloco is confused, thanks to the midterms but this is funny lol grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 6:11am On Nov 10, 2022
saxywale2:

See how he sounded a false alarm as if the world is just about coming to an end because I don't really get it at all. Left to him the government should have sent the police to them and stop the competition from taking place. Funny people. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by adamusuleiman1: 6:12am On Nov 10, 2022
Hurricane Nicole hitting Florida has US officials ordering evacuations including Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:12am On Nov 10, 2022
Obrigardo:

The millions of 16 and 17 years old are itching to join the GenZ voting trend, because when this generation starts something, it's just so hard to stop them.
This is what I am seeing too
And they will develop the habit of voting in elections. The Dems must grow their coalition and get them out to vote.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by saxywale2: 6:13am On Nov 10, 2022
happney65:

See how he sounded a false alarm as if the world is just about coming to an end because I don't really get it at all. Left to him the government should have sent the police to them and stop the competition from taking place. Funny people. grin
You got where I was driving at grin

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by adamusuleiman1: 6:17am On Nov 10, 2022
happney65:

The Republican government of New Hampshire can send some gazpacho - Bless her heart (MTG).

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 6:18am On Nov 10, 2022
basilico:

grin grin
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 6:19am On Nov 10, 2022
Netflix to begin 2nd round of layoffs, with 300 positions to be cut

Also, REMAX will layoff 17% of its workforce by Christmas

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3491) (3492) (3493) (3494) (3495) (3496) (3497) ... (4140) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.