Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (3491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1619809 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3488) (3489) (3490) (3491) (3492) (3493) (3494) ... (4140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by madrid5: 5:30pm On Nov 09, 2022
Am just happy for Ukraine,a republican senate would have bleeped them up
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mintum: 5:30pm On Nov 09, 2022
raumdeuter:

Republicans actually gained Senate seats in 2002 and 2018

In 2018 Democrats flipped Congress They called it a Democrat victory
In 2022 Republican flipped Congress They still called it a Democrat victory

The delusion is really high
Exactly, it's looking like the best democrats can get in the Senate this time will be a 50:50 Senate if Warnock wins in Georgia.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mintum: 5:31pm On Nov 09, 2022
madrid5:
House of reps are in charge of financial appropriation and it's going to be under republican control. And what makes you think the republicans don't support Ukraine? Last time I checked, it was progressive democrats that wrote a letter criticizing the continued funding for Ukraine.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 5:34pm On Nov 09, 2022
Mintum:

The GOP only lost the house in 2018 but they retained control of the Senate. Dems are certainly going to lose the house this time and the Senate is still a toss up so I wouldn't be mocking if I were you, there's still a possibility Dems end up worse than the last mid term under a GOP president. At best it will be a split congress just like in 2018.

Yeah split congress after all the polls and pundits had it at a tsunami

Is a win and as sure as hell would mock it

Because lunatics like Oz won’t smell congress for 6 years

Boebert is going back home with her lunancy and guns

Yeah why not

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 5:34pm On Nov 09, 2022
Mintum:

House of reps are in charge of financial appropriation and it's going to be under republican control.

ABC News just ran a piece about the "red mirage". This phrase was coined in the fall of 2020 in an effort to explain the election day route by Republicans that would dry up as votes were counted from mysterious ballot dumps. The end result was that EVERY SINGLE STATE that counted for days happened to find just enough votes for Democrats.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2022
CoolUsername:

You're acting like republicans are getting their backs blown out our something. This is definitely an underwhelming performance for the GOP but they will probably still take the house.

This is equivalent of backs blown out for midterms

Republicans are committed voters while Dems are not. If Republicans are struggling with down tickets midterm under these economic conditions, Presidential election does not favour them as Dems are laissez faire voters that come out for Presidential

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by madrid5: 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2022
God bless the DNC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 5:39pm On Nov 09, 2022
madrid5:

No.they won't. The Republican senate was solidly behind Ukraine and even begging Biden to go more aggressive with the type of weapons sent

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by armyofone(m): 5:39pm On Nov 09, 2022
adamusuleiman1:

Chuck Grassley (R), 89, will serve another six (6) years in the Senate. Chuck is 10 years older than Joe Biden and 13 years older than Donald Trump

Oh!!! At 89 shocked cheesy he looks young and quiet and not out and about. They don't want to leave the position!

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 5:39pm On Nov 09, 2022
basilico:

ABC News just ran a piece about the "red mirage". This phrase was coined in the fall of 2020 in an effort to explain the election day route by Republicans that would dry up as votes were counted from mysterious ballot dumps. The end result was that EVERY SINGLE STATE that counted for days happened to find just enough votes for Democrats.

You have started again Mr Kraken

Lol

Loser cry foul

In two years you would be crying the same tears

Nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by madrid5: 5:40pm On Nov 09, 2022
So is the final results out,won senate and who the house
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 5:41pm On Nov 09, 2022
saxywale2:

DeSantis would grab more votes from Independent voters than Trump could. The fringe would still vote red irrespective of who is on the ballot.

Yep many middle of road guys can vote for DeSantis. I can vote for DeSantis quite easily

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by madrid5: 5:41pm On Nov 09, 2022
Timiofak:

Lol

Loser cry foul

Nonsense
bros Dem don call final results?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by madrid5: 5:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ibime:

Yep many middle of road guys can vote for DeSantis. I can vote for DeSantis quite easily
trump destroyed the GOP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mintum: 5:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
basilico:

Exactly, that's why I find what's happening in Nevada very fishy, they've completely frozen all reports from democratic Clark county and are apparently waiting for all republican leaning districts to turn in their final results before continuing. Why? Beats my imagination. I just hope we won't see a magical 100k+ votes added in Clark county because that would be a very big red flag.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by madrid5: 5:44pm On Nov 09, 2022
Mintum:

Exactly, that's why I find what's happening in Nevada very fishy, they've completely frozen all reports from democratic Clark county and are apparently waiting for all republican leaning districts to turn in their final results before continuing. Why? Beats my imagination. I just hope we won't see a magical 100k+ votes added in Clark county because that would be a very big red flag.
all these ones na conspiracy theories bros

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 5:44pm On Nov 09, 2022
Timiofak:

Lol

Loser cry foul

Nonsense
Prove me wrong. I picked a twitter quote from someone who methinks knows better than you
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/live_results/2022/house/

20 seats dem are behind.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Donjazet2: 5:47pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ibime:

Why though? You know he's just as extreme as trump, just more cunning and savvy about it.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 5:49pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

I am just praying for Clarence Thomas to leave. Dems need a fourth liberal justice.

I said it here first a week ago, Thomas is going to resign or be forced to. How much dirt can a supreme Court Justice handle?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 5:51pm On Nov 09, 2022
madrid5:
God bless the DNC

Not quite happy with the DNC, they left Tim Ryan on his own
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 5:57pm On Nov 09, 2022
Donjazet2:

Why though? You know he's just as extreme as trump, just more cunning and savvy about it.

He never come for black people, just teaching of homosexuality in schools.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by madrid5: 5:58pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ibime:

He never come for black people, just teaching of homosexuality in schools.
he will,but trump is not appealing at at,he can replicate trumps policy without looking like a fool
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mintum: 5:58pm On Nov 09, 2022
Confirmed!! Georgia Senate race is going to a run off. So they'll have to do it all over again.

Warnock vs Walker, winner takes all.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by madrid5: 5:59pm On Nov 09, 2022
Mintum:
Confirmed!! Georgia Senate race is going to a run off. So they'll have to do it all over again.

in the bigger picture what does this mean in the Senate outcome
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 6:08pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ron Johnson confirmed defeats Democrat Mandela Barnes

Currently Republicans 49 Democrats 48
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mintum: 6:09pm On Nov 09, 2022
madrid5:
in the bigger picture what does this mean in the Senate outcome
We may not know who will control the Senate until December. Possible outcomes of the three remaining outstanding races (Nevada, Arizona, Georgia);

1. If republicans win in Arizona and Nevada then they take control of the Senate.

2. If Dems win both Nevada and Arizona then they will be guaranteed control of the Senate because they will have at least 50 seats and the VP Kamala Harris vote gives them a majority in a 50:50 Senate

3. If GOP and Dems win one each out of Arizona and Nevada then Georgia will be a winner takes all, any one who wins the Georgia race will control the Senate.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2022
Mintum:

The runoff is sure. It depends know where the 3rd party candidate Libertarian Chase Oliver support.

All target will be on Georgia in December

If Laxalt wins Nevada then Democrats will put all their ammunition into Georgia runoff

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2022
Mintum:

We may not know who will control the Senate until December. Possible outcomes of the three remaining outstanding races (Nevada, Arizona, Georgia);

1. If republicans win in Arizona and Nevada then they take control of the Senate.

2. If Dems win both Nevada and Arizona then they will be guaranteed control of the Senate because they will have at least 50 seats and the VP Kamala Harris vote gives them a majority in a 50:50 Senate

3. If GOP and Dems win one each out of Arizona and Nevada then Georgia will be a winner takes all, any one who wins the Georgia race will control the Senate.

3rd scenario seems more likely
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:14pm On Nov 09, 2022
Obrigardo:

I said it here first a week ago, Thomas is going to resign or be forced to. How much dirt can a supreme Court Justice handle?
They have no shame
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mintum: 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2022
Trump went on Truth social to bash his own candidates Oz and Bolduc claiming they would have won if they were more unequivocally Trumpists. Bolduc flip flopped on the issue of whether Trump won the 2020 elections, same as Oz who didn't equivocally declare that Trump won in 2020 so in Trump's reasoning, his supporters didn't trust them to be MAGA enough and that's why they lost. What manner of a man is this Trump? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mintum: 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2022
raumdeuter:

3rd scenario seems more likely
That's what I'm thinking too.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2022
Mintum:
Trump went on Truth social to bash his own candidates Oz and Bolduc claiming they would have won if they were more unequivocally Trumpists. Bolduc flip flopped on the issue of whether Trump won the 2020 elections, same as Oz who didn't equivocally declare that Trump won in 2020 so in Trump's reasoning, his supporters trust them to be MAGA enough and that's why they lost. What manner of a man is this Trump? grin

I hope Kari Lake loses so we can see what he will say about that

Cos Trump praised her last week that Look at Kari of you ask her that how's her family the first thing she will say is that election was stolen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3488) (3489) (3490) (3491) (3492) (3493) (3494) ... (4140) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.