Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,798 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (3493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1611082 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3490) (3491) (3492) (3493) (3494) (3495) (3496) ... (4137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by sanpipita(m): 8:16pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ibime:

How Nevada be counting votes like Brian McKnight
https://youtube.com/shorts/Mto_b9FOYGw?feature=share
They are not serious people, they are even doing press conference.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:23pm On Nov 09, 2022
happney65:

How is Garland indicting him not possible? How?
I don't know the man seems hesitant.
I said it here that he was a bad pick for AG.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:25pm On Nov 09, 2022
sanpipita:
Democrats can actually still win house majority, people shouldn't lose sight of this.
Looking like it. But if dems had done better in New York we would not be here.
It seems one or two seats in Oregon,Washington or California will decide control.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 8:29pm On Nov 09, 2022
I don't know if this has happened before but Dems have overtaken all the levers of power in Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, and Minnesota.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 8:31pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

They should pray Garland indicts him but that's not possible.

Absolutely possible, and even criminal trump is bracing for impact. With the poor GOP showing, i don'tthink there's anything stopping DOJ politically from indicting the criminal.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 8:33pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

I don't know the man seems hesitant.
I said it here that he was a bad pick for AG.

I doubt it. He has said it himself that no Man or woman is above the law. He has to gather all facts together to nail him if there is any. So between now and January we shall see.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:35pm On Nov 09, 2022
Obrigardo:

Absolutely possible, and even criminal trump is bracing for impact. With the poor GOP showing, i don'tthink there's anything stopping DOJ politically from indicting the criminal.

happney65:

I doubt it. He has said it himself that no Man or woman is above the law. He has to gather all facts together to nail him if there is any. So between now and January we shall see.

I hope you are both right

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by adamusuleiman1: 8:38pm On Nov 09, 2022
I wonder if this is true.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2022
After all this, it's only basiloco that will keep on mopping the floor with his maga tears while others will have moved on from Criminal trump.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:50pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:
I must agree with budaatum he always said that Trump helped the Democrats become more politically aware and vote.

Ever since then the Democrats no longer give into political apathy and take anything for granted.

Democrat Messiah. Destroyer of all he touches. grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:50pm On Nov 09, 2022
Democrats have flipped the PA house.

What an election cool
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:51pm On Nov 09, 2022
adamusuleiman1:
I wonder if this is true.
grin grin grin
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:52pm On Nov 09, 2022
budaatum:

Democrat Messiah. Destroyer of all he touches. grin

The Moses of our time.

He is the deliverer of the Democratic coalition nothing unites the Democratic coalition than their disdain for Trump cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:54pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:
The good thing is that Democrats are winning young voters and young voters have prevented a Red wave.

Gen Z has to become a reliable voting bloc for Democrats currently given the American demographics the upcoming generation will be more Democratic in nature if Republicans don't appeal to young people.

IranGenZ are protesting.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-63240911

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mintum: 8:57pm On Nov 09, 2022
The democrat have started their after elections magic in Nevada. The officials had earlier announced 18,000+ outstanding mail in votes in Washoe county and refused to release the number of outstanding for Clark county, they also froze all counting and tabulation in democrat leaning districts and waited for the republican leaning districts to turn in almost all their results and suddenly the same officials have come back to announce that Washoe county now magically has 57k+ outstanding mail in votes and telling people they should keep sending in their mail in votes until Sunday. I was saying I hope we won't hear a magical additional 100k+ votes in Clark county, well rumor now has it that they are actually going to announce an additional 150k+ votes for Clark county and keep receiving more mail in votes there until Sunday. This is a clown show, that's exactly what election rigging in a shit hole looks like. Election turnout in democrat leaning districts were so low that they needed this extra huge number of mail in votes to close the margins. Not bad if you are transparent about it but deciding to conceal the number of mail in votes received until you know what the election day margins are is crap. Worse still in Washoe, they announced the number of Mail in votes received to be 18k only to come back and say it's 57k after knowing what election day margins are. Nevada Senate race is most likely going to switch back to the democrat by the time they are done with all these their shenanigans on Sunday. And they will call people election deniers and conspiracy theorists when they pull third world, shit hole country stunts like this.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:57pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:
It's too early but in my opinion Desantis running in 2024 will not be a threat to the Democratic coalition. Desantis doesn't have the appeal or likability Trump has to garner a cult following of supporters.
The hype ends in Florida. He doesn't even have a sweet lying tongue Trump has.

Don't be too hasty. He will beat Biden.

Someone asked what Desantis has that dump doesn't have and got waffle. The proper response would have been 'credibility'. At least the perception of it.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:00pm On Nov 09, 2022
CoolUsername:

Not to mention the terrible diversity picks by Trump like Mehmet Oz and Herschel Walker losing big.

Loyalty over quality. The dump standard.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:02pm On Nov 09, 2022
budaatum:

Don't be too hasty. He will beat Biden.

Someone asked what Desantis has that dump doesn't have and got waffle. The proper response would have been 'credibility'. At least the perception of it.
He will not beat Biden. cheesy
DeSantis does not have the kind of appeal Trump has to get diehard supporters.
If Biden runs he wins. The Dem coalition as long as they keep turning out the vote they will win.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:03pm On Nov 09, 2022
sanpipita:

Gerrymandering is what has given Republicans any competitive edge, places like Florida gave them a head start, Democrats have done well to limit the damage, they flipped three seats in Ohio, Lauren Boeboert might lose her seat to a Dem too

That would make my entire year!
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:04pm On Nov 09, 2022
budaatum:

IranGenZ are protesting.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-63240911
Proud of Generation Z and coming generations the future is bright cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mintum: 9:06pm On Nov 09, 2022
Better News in Arizona where Kari Lake is almost certainly going to be the next governor and Blake Masters is finishing strongly. It's looking like it will all come down to that one race in Georgia. Warnock vs Walker, winner takes all for the control of the Senate.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2022
raumdeuter:

Majorie already won her own election more than 12hrs ago. Or what are you waiting for again

sad sad sad
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:14pm On Nov 09, 2022
adamusuleiman1:
They all have one thing in common. Who can guess:

President Muhammadu Buhari has congratulated eight Nigerian Americans on their victory in the United States midterm elections.

In Georgia State, Segun Adeyina (D-House District 110), Gabe Okoye(D-House District 102), Solomon Adesanya (D-House District 43), Tish Naghise (D-House District 68), and Phil Olaleye (D-House District 59) won their legislative seats as State Representatives in their Districts.

Similarly, Carol Kazeem (D) won the Pennsylvania State Representative in District 159 while Esther Agbaje (D-F-L) was re-elected as Minnesota State Representative in District 59B.

Dr Adeoye Owolewa (D) was also re-elected to the U.S. House of Representatives (Shadow Representative) in Washington D.C.

Buhari, who prayed for their successful tenure in office, thanked them for their invaluable support and partnerships, over the years, with groups affiliated with the ideals and objectives of Nigerians in Diaspora associations in the United States.

The president also restated his unflinching support for every Nigerian excelling at home and abroad.

According to him, compatriots who succeed in good causes are assets to the nation and the continent, noting that their contributions will always be remembered and celebrated.

Basically, if you are Nigerian in America, choose the successful party.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by adamusuleiman1: 9:23pm On Nov 09, 2022
Dems look bright in Arizona with the GOP following close behind.

Maripoca and Pina are large counties to look out for. Lots of votes still uncounted in those huge counties.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:27pm On Nov 09, 2022
PDPGuy:

But what are the odds that Republicans will pick DeSantis if Trump announces his run for president on Monday?

This election shows that kraken is only bought by magas and they are a dying species. Dump can't win primaries with "they stole the election".

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:28pm On Nov 09, 2022
adamusuleiman1:

Republicans will line behind Trump after he bullies a few of them. I have always followed this thread and we have been hearing from Republicans about how the party will dump Trump if he loses the last presidential election. A particular poster here was very vocal about how he would be dumped.

Well Trump is now obviously a big problem to the majority non-extreme GOP. He is now stuck like a leach on the party. Due to Trump's love for the spotlight and his big ego, I would be shocked if he doesn't announce his intention to run.

Used by date has passed. Gop will throw him out.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:30pm On Nov 09, 2022
Obrigardo:

It's been called for Adam frisch, Bobo lost grin

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:38pm On Nov 09, 2022
Mintum:
On a second look, I'm getting more confident about a Blake Masters victory in Arizona, I even think he has a better shot than Laxalt in Nevada because of the unknown factor i.e the number of mail votes still left in Clark county (Don't know why they are hiding that detail, looks fishy). All of the votes left to be counted in Arizona on the other hand are election day mail drop offs which has broken 60-40 for Masters so far, he might just pull it off. Nevada needs to be more transparent with their elections, Laxalt looks good for the win but with them refusing to say how many mail votes are left in heavily democratic Clark county, who is to say that we won't suddenly see a magical additional 100k+ votes emerge from there after waiting for all republican leaning districts to turn in their returns? It won't be the first time it has happened, I saw this in Broward county, Florida in 2018, almost same playbook. I hope it's not the case here though. Transparency breeds confidence in election processes, I wonder why you will be hiding information if you're not doing anything fishy.

Is there no law there saying no count till after elections? If there is I wonder how you expect them to tell you how many unless don't count doesn't mean don't count.

Wait till they finish instead of conspiraciating.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
basilico:

ABC News just ran a piece about the "red mirage".

Say q told you!

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:51pm On Nov 09, 2022
Mintum:
Trump went on Truth social to bash his own candidates Oz and Bolduc claiming they would have won if they were more unequivocally Trumpists. Bolduc flip flopped on the issue of whether Trump won the 2020 elections, same as Oz who didn't equivocally declare that Trump won in 2020 so in Trump's reasoning, his supporters didn't trust them to be MAGA enough and that's why they lost. What manner of a man is this Trump? grin

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 9:56pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

I hope you are both right

We really hope so too

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:58pm On Nov 09, 2022
feedthenation:

Republicans pointing fingers after weak midterm results, direction of party in question: 'Something was off'. GOP still expected to take the House, with smaller majority than anticipated, while Senate still a toss-up

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republicans-pointing-fingers-weak-midterm-results-direction-party-question-something-off

Dump! Dump!

(1) (2) (3) ... (3490) (3491) (3492) (3493) (3494) (3495) (3496) ... (4137) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.