Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (3998) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1598598 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3995) (3996) (3997) (3998) (3999) (4000) (4001) ... (4136) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 8:38pm On Jan 19
basilico:

Is an anchor baby explicitly qualified to run? Or can they be exckuded legally.
If you don't know say so, stop talking about the shoe size Goliath wore.

A Person born on US soil is a citizen, your nonsense is unimportant.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 8:40pm On Jan 19
MentalCase98:

What did they do to Vivek and Nicky? Both contested a free election and lost to one of the most popular Republican politicians since Reagan.

- Vivek is loved but is way too young and fresh to win. He is one for the future but it’s not his time now.

- Nicky is largely disliked by the Republican base for her hawkishness and Neo-conservatism. Many believe she is not even a true conservative.

Both cases had nothing to do with race. But liberals are genetically wired to read racism into every situation so… 🤷🏿‍♂️

LoLz! Trump is disparaging her heritage but it is me that is making it about race. Bwahahahahaha!

They told Vivek to his face that his Hinduism was a problem but na me dey read meaning into am. LMFAO!
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by MentalCase98: 8:42pm On Jan 19
LordReed:

LoLz! Trump is disparaging her heritage but it is me that is making it about race. Bwahahahahaha!

You didn’t say “you see what Trump did to her” you said “you see what THEY did to her”. Who are the they? You were insinuating that she lost the Iowa caucus because of her race. Which is not true.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by MentalCase98: 8:44pm On Jan 19
IjeBos:

This is what I keep talking about. People who have 0 understanding of the things they speak, speak about them with such authority and are always wrong about them. The electoral college was a compromise to appease slave holding Southern States because the Southern states didn't want to give those slaves the right to vote and thus would be disadvantaged if it were a direct popular vote.

What is surprising (well not so given the self hating black people here), is that Africans in Nigeria are the ones applauding this system.

“Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it".

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/analysis-opinion/electoral-colleges-racist-origins

If you can put emotions and personal issues aside for a few hours. You and I can debate this issue of if absolute majority elections are a good or bad idea not just in the US but in all diverse nations around the world.

Are you capable? I’m sure you will decline because you know I will flaw you.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 8:49pm On Jan 19
MentalCase98:

You didn’t say “you see what Trump did to her” you said “you see what THEY did to her”. Who are the they? You were insinuating that she lost the Iowa caucus because of her race. Which is not true.

Why would you think Trump is not part of they? And do you really think Trump is a singular voice in this dog whistle?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 8:51pm On Jan 19
MentalCase98:

If you can put emotions and personal issues aside for a few hours. You and I can debate this issue of if absolute majority elections are a good or bad idea not just in the US but in all diverse nations around the world.

Are you capable? I’m sure you will decline because you know I will flaw you.

Which other democratic country uses an electoral college?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 8:52pm On Jan 19
IjeBos:

This is what I keep talking about. People who have 0 understanding of the things they speak, speak about them with such authority and are always wrong about them. The electoral college was a compromise to appease slave holding Southern States because the Southern states didn't want to give those slaves the right to vote and thus would be disadvantaged if it were a direct popular vote.

What is surprising (well not so given the self hating black people here), is that Africans in Nigeria are the ones applauding this system.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/analysis-opinion/electoral-colleges-racist-origins

John Brennan voted for the communist party in 1976.
He is a Marxist.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by MentalCase98: 8:54pm On Jan 19
LordReed:

Which other democratic country uses an electoral college?

It’s not necessarily called “electoral college” but many countries use a system that attempts to take into consideration the diversity of the country and neutralize any ethnic imbalances.

I just said Nigeria is one such country.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 8:55pm On Jan 19
LordReed:

A Person born on US soil is a citizen, your nonsense is unimportant.

I updated my initial reply. I assume you have not seen it.

https://paulingrassia.substack.com/p/the-constitution-absolutely-prohibits
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ono(m): 9:19pm On Jan 19
This Georgia Fulton County DA called Fanni Willis. Is she a normal human being ?

How can a DA caught stealing and doing improper acts in office blame it on her race ? This race things is becoming a daily joke all over the world.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:35pm On Jan 19
IjeBos:

They are three-fifths but don't know yet.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 9:46pm On Jan 19
ono:
This Georgia Fulton County DA called Fanni Willis. Is she a normal human being ?

How can a DA caught stealing and doing improper acts in office blame it on her race ? This race things is becoming a daily joke all over the world.

First it was, she was dating a gang member(which was untrue), now this. I can't comment on all the facts until they come out but If you are minority who has ever worked in the US, disparate treatment based on race is not an uncommon occurrence no matter how up the food chain you are.

And honestly with all Republican wrapped BS, this new issue seems to make 0 sense. Granted, if she did give a position to an unqualified romantic partner it was stupid. But what is the argument? She hired someone unqualified to prosecute Trump, so he should be fired and replaced with someone more qualified? With all things Trump, it's always a lot of smears that make no sense to thinking people.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 9:56pm On Jan 19
MentalCase98:

It’s not necessarily called “electoral college” but many countries use a system that attempts to take into consideration the diversity of the country and neutralize any ethnic imbalances.

I just said Nigeria is one such country.

In what way is Nigeria electoral process anything like the electoral college? And do you think Nigeria is a good example to use to defend such a system?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 9:56pm On Jan 19
budaatum:

It's always disheartening to me that there are people (some white) fighting so black people aren't the three-fifths and yet there are Black Africans doing the opposite. Anyhow, a friend sent me this pages from a book she was reading. Was interesting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:59pm On Jan 19
budaatum:

Wasn't that 3/5 compromise later repealed after democrats desire to keep their slaves led to civil war?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by armyofone(m): 10:01pm On Jan 19
LordReed:

Why would you think Trump is not part of they? And do you really think Trump is a singular voice in this dog whistle?

They/Them is coming at 7pm
She/her is on the way
She/he is drinking coffee
Her/him is going to rally

grin grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 10:05pm On Jan 19
basilico:

Wasn't that 3/5 compromise later repealed after democrats desire to keep their slaves led to civil war?

Let me fix that for you.

The 3/5 compromise was later effectively stricken when the 14th amendment was passed after those White Southerners' (from the old Democratic Party who moved to the current Republican party and vote for Trump) desire to keep slaves led to civil war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 10:11pm On Jan 19
ono:

Gets even worse. She hired Nathan Wades partner also at $150 an hour as a taint attorney... Whatever that is.

Fani Willis’ hired her alleged lover’s law partner to work for her office at a rate of $150 an hour, according to documents obtained by the Daily Caller News Foundation — an arrangement that is raising eyebrows among legal experts who question her spending of public funds.

Christopher Campbell, a partner at Wade & Campbell Firm has received $126,070 from the Office of the District Attorney since 2021, according to county records. Willis hired Campbell to provide services as a “Taint Attorney” reviewing privileged evidence beginning in Jan. 2021 at a rate of $150 ......

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 10:17pm On Jan 19
New Poll

Trump and Desantis Trail Biden in New Hampshire Poll while Haley leads Biden
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 10:17pm On Jan 19
IjeBos:

Let me fix that for you.

The 3/5 compromise was later effectively stricken when the 14th amendment was passed after those White Southerners' (from the old Democratic Party who moved to the current Republican party and vote for Trump) desire to keep slaves led to civil war.

You are conflating. The white southerners at that time were democrats.
Topic for another day, I'm feeling sleepy in a mosquito infested country
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:23pm On Jan 19
Obvious marital problems between chain immigrant Melania and her criminal defendant syphilis infested husband.
Maybe she sent him back because of his syphilis blisters or maybe it's the criminal cases or e Jean Carroll taking a toll on her. Not while ago criminal trump disgraced himself in Federal court.

Many reasons but we are watching the decline in real time

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 10:24pm On Jan 19
basilico:

You are conflating. The white southerners at that time were democrats.
Topic for another day, I'm feeling sleepy in a mosquito infested country

I always wonder why stupid people like you make this clearly intellectual dishonest argument. Do you think people are equally as stupid as you and will buy it or is it that you hate and can't rationalize your support of the current Republican party and want to try to tear down Democrats as well.

This is simple. Go to a Democratic and a Republican rally. Count the people waving Confederate flags. You know the flag of the people that wanted to keep slaves and was defeated. The Rally of the party with the most Confederate flags is the party of racists and the party with members who are aligned with those people that fought for slavery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:25pm On Jan 19
It's not hidden knowledge among the A list that Melania and criminal trump don't sleep in same bed, so they don't have sex.
Clearly shows, Melania is fúcking another man lol

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 10:27pm On Jan 19
IjeBos:

First it was, she was dating a gang member(which was untrue), now this. I can't comment on all the facts until they come out but If you are minority who has ever worked in the US, disparate treatment based on race is not an uncommon occurrence no matter how up the food chain you are.

And honestly with all Republican wrapped BS, this new issue seems to make 0 sense. Granted, if she did give a position to an unqualified romantic partner it was stupid. But what is the argument? She hired someone unqualified to prosecute Trump, so he should be fired and replaced with someone more qualified? With all things Trump, it's always a lot of smears that make no sense to thinking people.

Very ethnical of her ....
Willis never secured approval from the Fulton County Board of Commissioners to appoint Wade and paid him using funds she requested to clear a backlog of cases from the COVID-19 pandemic.

It’s not just the issue about Wade being her paramour and the issue of kickbacks, but she also got the funds by misleading the Fulton County Commissioners about what the funds were going to be used for,” he said. “In addition to that, it would enrich [Wade’s] firm

She benefitted financially from cruise trips she took with him.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:27pm On Jan 19
Maga cultists like basilico loco and other brain dead magats will think this is something evil and they should fight against it. Because fox told them to

What's bad about this agenda? Isn't this truly helping people? Magats are cruel people.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:29pm On Jan 19
basilico:

https://eu.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/politifactwisconsin/2024/01/09/did-democrats-want-to-expand-slavery-before-the-civil-war/72107569007/

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:35pm On Jan 19
IjeBos:

This is simple. Go to a Democratic and a Republican rally. Count the people waving Confederate flags. You know the flag of the people that wanted to keep slaves and was defeated. The Rally of the party with the most Confederate flags is the party of racists and the party with members who are aligned with those people that fought for slavery.

I doubt he understands what waving the Confederate flags and singing about being replaced means.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by EnlightenedUFO: 10:36pm On Jan 19
basilico:

Hunter Biden gun was thrown into a dumper by his girlfriend, his late brother's wife. With his motion to dismiss the gun charges in process, the FBI revealed that upon retrieving the gun, the holster had a white powder which they confirmed was cocaine. Here is a person who lied on a federal form about not being on drugs when applying for a gun permit hiding his cocaine in a gun holster.
Joe Biden says his son is the finest gentleman he has ever known.Tell me that Joe Biden is mentally stable.

How is Hunter smoking crack and having a gun your problem. I thought that was the republican way of life aka don jr?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 10:51pm On Jan 19
Obrigardo:
Maga cultists like basilico loco and other brain dead magats will think this is something evil and they should fight against it. Because fox told them to

What's bad about this agenda? Isn't this truly helping people? Magats are cruel people.

US Stocks rallied on Friday, as the S&P 500 closed at all-time high of 4,839, adding 1.2%, the Dow Jones surged 395 points and the Nasdaq advanced 1.7%, and inflation expectations for the year ahead fell to the lowest in three years. For the week, the S&P 500 rose 1.1%, the Nasdaq jumped by 2%, and the Dow Jones ended 0.5% higher.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/stock-market

Jobless claims tumble to lowest level since 2022
The number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits last week unexpectedly fell to the lowest level in 16 months, evidence that the labor market remains resilient even in the face of high interest rates and inflation.

Figures released Thursday by the Labor Department show initial claims for the week ending Jan. 13 plunged by 16,000 to 187,000, below the 2019 pre-pandemic average of 218,000 claims. It marks the lowest level for jobless claims since September 2022.

Continuing claims, filed by Americans who are consecutively receiving unemployment benefits, also fell to 1.8 million for the week ended Jan. 6, a decrease of 26,000 from the previous week.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/jobless-claims-tumble-lowest-level-2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by EnlightenedUFO: 10:52pm On Jan 19
The US economy is on steroids. Pres. Biden has outperformed criminal trump 3-1 when it comes to the economy.
Steady growth for 10+months, that's crazy.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:54pm On Jan 19
feedthenation:

US Stocks rallied on Friday, as the S&P 500 closed at all-time high of 4,839, adding 1.2%, the Dow Jones surged 395 points and the Nasdaq advanced 1.7%, and inflation expectations for the year ahead fell to the lowest in three years. For the week, the S&P 500 rose 1.1%, the Nasdaq jumped by 2%, and the Dow Jones ended 0.5% higher.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/stock-market

Jobless claims tumble to lowest level since 2022
The number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits last week unexpectedly fell to the lowest level in 16 months, evidence that the labor market remains resilient even in the face of high interest rates and inflation.

Figures released Thursday by the Labor Department show initial claims for the week ending Jan. 13 plunged by 16,000 to 187,000, below the 2019 pre-pandemic average of 218,000 claims. It marks the lowest level for jobless claims since September 2022.

Continuing claims, filed by Americans who are consecutively receiving unemployment benefits, also fell to 1.8 million for the week ended Jan. 6, a decrease of 26,000 from the previous week.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/jobless-claims-tumble-lowest-level-2022

It's safe to say President Biden has floored criminal trumps admin in the economy. The effect of the Inflation reduction act and American rescue plan has been massive.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 10:56pm On Jan 19
Obrigardo:
Obvious marital problems between chain immigrant Melania and her criminal defendant syphilis infested husband.
Maybe she sent him back because of his syphilis blisters or maybe it's the criminal cases or e Jean Carroll taking a toll on her. Not while ago criminal trump disgraced himself in Federal court.

Many reasons but we are watching the decline in real time

---Appears Alina Habba is vying to be wife #4---

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3995) (3996) (3997) (3998) (3999) (4000) (4001) ... (4136) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: bemeruca and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.