Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1590587 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (4134) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Appleyard(m): 1:28pm On Aug 09, 2018
LordReed:

Be honest and ask yourself, if this was Obama would you dumbfucks have celebrated it as a victory?

Get your facts straight and stop being an unintelligent, stereotypical analyst.

Since the American election brouhaha and the So-called Russian gate collusion story, you were actually one of a few that make informed contributions, unlike some nut cases here. But what just happened? Defining legitimacy in a whole, new way is a far cry from what you used to be. Is it just because you hate Trump that much?

Trump? FYI, he is not even my ideal president, but that will never make me hate him or give him credit where not due. The contribution of some of you here shows just how racist and overwhelmingly hateful people can be. But that's not my cup of tea: every mallam has got his kettle.

As for me, I don't give a dime about who rules America, but I give a dime about what American Foreign Policy portends for the rest of the world.

If American won't stop messing around the world, sponsoring chaos and fanning the flames of terrorism in sovereign states, then she becomes my problem.

As for Obama - I don't worship people just for the color of their skin. He had his moments for 8 years and nothing changed for the black community in the States. Like every other being, he had merits and demerits. And now that Trump is on the seat, he should also been given his due where he deserves and criticism where necessary.

But claiming he legitimized actions of a certain dictator through handshakes is a symptom of pure hatred and unintelligent reasoning. And that coming from you is very surprising, I must say.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 2:43pm On Aug 09, 2018
Appleyard:

Since the American election brouhaha and the So-called Russian gate collusion story, you were actually one of a few that make informed contributions, unlike some nut cases here. But what just happened? Defining legitimacy in a whole, new way is a far cry from what you used to be. Is it just because you hate Trump that much?

Trump? FYI, he is not even my ideal president, but that will never make me hate him or give him credit where not due. The contribution of some of you here shows just how racist and overwhelmingly hateful people can be. But that's not my cup of tea: every mallam has got his kettle.

As for me, I don't give a dime about who rules America, but I give a dime about what American Foreign Policy portends for the rest of the world.

If American won't stop messing around the world, sponsoring chaos and fanning the flames of terrorism in sovereign states, then she becomes my problem.

As for Obama - I don't worship people just for the color of their skin. He had his moments for 8 years and nothing changed for the black community in the States. Like every other being, he had merits and demerits. And now that Trump is on the seat, he should also been given his due where he deserves and criticism where necessary.

But claiming he legitimized actions of a certain dictator through handshakes is a symptom of pure hatred and unintelligent reasoning. And that coming from you is very surprising, I must say.
GBAM. You have said everything. These people are driven by pure and unadulterated hatred, highly concentrated...in fact more concentrated than tetraoxosulphate VI acid grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 2:48pm On Aug 09, 2018
obixcel:
GBAM. You have said everything. These people are driven by pure and unadulterated hatred, highly concentrated...in fact more concentrated than tetraoxosulphate VI acid grin grin
Who cares what you or Kwashiokor afflicted idiooot friend said, the bottom line is that Americans and people with conscience all over the world loathes the racist pig for his bigotry, racism, pathologically lies and misogyny.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 2:50pm On Aug 09, 2018
stanech:

@ConservativeTht
·
3m
The Media is going apoplectic over the President’s rejection of Robert Mueller’s request to do a face to face interview. Seriously! Mueller, who can’t find any evidence of Russian “collusion” wants to focus on “obstruction of justice” regarding a crime that didn’t take place.
Two years and no evidence of collusion and suddenly he's asking and looking into obstruction? Hahaha...I knew how the mainstream media and liberals would respond to it especially if the POTUS and his legal team rejects it, so predictable. They (MSM) would say something like, "what does he (Trump) have to hide if there is no obstruction or collusion"? grin grin
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 3:01pm On Aug 09, 2018
obixcel:
Two years and no evidence of collusion and suddenly he's asking and looking into obstruction? Hahaha...I knew how the mainstream media and liberals would respond to it especially if the POTUS and his legal team rejects it, so predictable. They (MSM) would say something like, "what does he (Trump) have to hide if there is no obstruction or collusion"? grin grin
Are you not the same guy who said last year Trump should fire Director Mueller?. Americans dare him , and you will see how quick he will go the way of Dick Nixon.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Appleyard(m): 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2018
obixcel:

I just don't understand how some folks can focus all their entire lives simply hating a human being like them. Even as much as I dislike Hillary and condemned Obama for certain actions, I had never and will never descend so low to hating someone like this, to the extent that his handshakes becomes a transfer of anointing. Lack of constructive criticism was actually one of the elements that got Trump elected in the first place. Now, they are doing the same thing all over again.

If you can't bear the loss, why not wait for another chance to vote him out, instead of coming on a Nigerian platform to rewrite the dictionary definition of the term 'legitimacy'.

And when they are confronted, the only thing they have to give as answers is a truckload of insults. That tells you who they are and what they represent.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 6:52pm On Aug 09, 2018
Appleyard:

I just don't understand how some folks can focus all their entire lives simply hating a human being like them. Even as much as I dislike Hillary and condemned Obama for certain actions, I had never and will never descend so low to hating someone like this, to the extent that his handshakes becomes a transfer of anointing. Lack of constructive criticism was actually one of the elements that got Trump elected in the first place. Now, they are doing the same thing all over again.

If you can't bear the loss, why not wait for another chance to vote him out, instead of coming on a Nigerian platform to rewrite the dictionary definition of the term 'legitimacy'.

And when they are confronted, the only thing they have to give as answers is a truckload of insults. That tells you who they are and what they represent.
Isn't it funny how you clowns get so overwhelmed with emotions because people whose life are connected to the happenings in America critique a racist. I have so much stake here because America is where I am with my whole family and i am a good and upstanding taxpaying citizen hence I exercise my freedom of speech. It's not like a place where the government will hush us up. You can foam in the mouth all you want but you do not count as far as US is concerned. Use your energy to right the wrongs in Nigeria and do not worry yourself about people that are critiquing a worthless and vile racist. If you don't like that, you can go do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 7:26pm On Aug 09, 2018
Melania parents from Slovenia just sworn in as US citizens. Fast tracked to citizenship while the Pig is starting Denaturalization Force to take away some people citizenship due to minor infractions. Cave skunks supporters of the racist pig, over to you to have mental organisms over that. Bunch of Klans water carriers.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 10:47pm On Aug 09, 2018
obixcel:

But when Hilary faced legislators for a whole day nobody claimed witchhunt?Huunnnn?All because of an email and Benghazi..She faced her wahala and came out with her head up high..She was investigated for Years...

I cant just imagine Hilary in this mess..As in from saying No collusion,to there is nothing wrong in collusion.. grin grin

Trump's lawyers are afraid he might get himself in a rope because they know he is a serial liar..As in he lies like Mad and they are afraid they dont want him to do the interview because he would get himself in trouble..

There is this yoruba proverb that says "Ti iwo ba se re re,ara ki yoo waa yoo"Meaning if you are innocent,You wont be afraid..But because you have committed crimes,you will be afraid..

I cant imagine a right thinking person supporting Trump..America the Bastion of Democracy which over 200countries try to follow their near perfect democracy now has a Man that has no respect for the Rule of Law...

What a Shame!!

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 11:15pm On Aug 09, 2018
Appleyard:

You just wrote a lot of nothing. Rambling about how you care less about who rules America does not answer the question I asked. If you celebrate this so called agreement as a victory of Diplomacy now would you have done so if it was Obama? Very simple but I guess honesty is lacking that's why a simple answer cannot be had.

What doesn't seem clear to you propagandists is, the agreement extracted nothing of value from the North Koreans toward the peace every one wants, instead it provided a way for him to demonstrate to his people that his skills as a leader are unsurpassed even in the face of a world superpower like America.

If you cannot understand that it significantly raises his profile in the eyes of his people then you clearly lack understanding about the nuances of diplomacy and power. One does not always have to threaten to create displays of power, the mere fact that you can get another party to even appear to negotiate with you already can create the illusion that you have power, real or not. The US and NK are not equal on any level, the US is using sanctions to drive home that point and could have used its position to obtain concrete terms from NK but Trump squanders the opportunity to make a show instead. The refusal of past presidents to meet without those significant concessions was deliberate not because they didn't want peace.

We will see how this plays out and fruits of this tactic will be obvious to all.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 11:20pm On Aug 09, 2018
obixcel:

It's not any wonder you like supercilious nonsense, you demonstrated it already by hero worshiping the charlatan called Trump.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 11:24pm On Aug 09, 2018
happney65:

But when Hilary faced legislators for a whole day nobody claimed witchhunt?Huunnnn?All because of an email and Benghazi..She faced her wahala and came out with her head up high..She was investigated for Years...

I cant just imagine Hilary in this mess..As in from saying No collusion,to there is nothing wrong in collusion.. grin grin

Trump's lawyers are afraid he might get himself in a rope because they know he is a serial liar..As in he lies like Mad and they are afraid they dont want him to do the interview because he would get himself in trouble..

There is this yoruba proverb that says "Ti iwo ba se re re,ara ki yoo waa yoo"Meaning if you are innocent,You wont be afraid..But because you have committed crimes,you will be afraid..

I cant imagine a right thinking person supporting Trump..America the Bastion of Democracy which over 200countries try to follow their near perfect democracy now has a Man that has no respect for the Rule of Law...

What a Shame!!

Do you mind the hypocrites? You'd expect that with Republicans controlling both the legislative and executive they can finally bring the charges that would jail Clinton but surprise surprise (not!) nothing but hot air and impotent chants of lock her up. Such rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 11:25pm On Aug 09, 2018
LordReed:

Do you mind the hypocrites? You'd expect that with Republicans controlling both the legislative and executive they can finally bring the charges that would jail Clinton but surprise surprise (not!) nothing but hot air and impotent chants of lock her up. Such rubbish.

Total Rubbish..Very silly set of People..I wonder the way they reason..

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 12:48am On Aug 10, 2018
happney65:

What a Shame!!
God bless you. You and LordReed are doing God's work by setting the Orange a*s lickers here straight. Kudos to you and LordReed.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 3:56am On Aug 10, 2018
A lot of NFL players knelt down and some raise their fists during the National Anthem before the preseason games. Good for them. Trampy a*s lickers, what have you got to say.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 4:21am On Aug 10, 2018
Abbeybailey:
God bless you. You and LordReed are doing God's work by setting the Orange a*s lickers here straight. Kudos to you and LordReed.

You welcome Bro..

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 8:42am On Aug 10, 2018
happney65:

What a Shame!!
FACTS:
1) The President is not a WITNESS to any crime, No crime had been committed and hence cannot be questioned as a Witness OR be Indicted.
2) The President cannot be questioned by a SUBORDINATE like Mueller about his Prerogative as a President.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Appleyard(m): 9:57am On Aug 10, 2018
LordReed:

You just wrote a lot of nothing. Rambling about how you care less about who rules America does not answer the question I asked. If you celebrate this so called agreement as a victory of Diplomacy now would you have done so if it was Obama? Very simple but I guess honesty is lacking that's why a simple answer cannot be had.

Now, this is exactly the problem with a lot of your kind on this platform. Who said anything about celebrating Trump's achievement? can you point to where I celebrated his achievement in all our discourse? I only became fascinated about how you cleverly yet unintelligently redefined the term "legitimacy". Even blind Bathemos could have seen through your level of seething hatred for Trump when you childishly summise that his handshake with Kim embodies his crimes and legitimize his ways. You should accept the fact you made a blunder, rather than trying to wriggle your way out.

Talking about your equally hypocritical question, if it where to be Obama, would we have celebrated this so-called achievement?

The answer is yes, and why not? I don't know about others but you can simply revert back to my posts here during the Obama Era and see for yourself. Not everyone here lack constructive criticism and honest views. For what a lot of you don't know, lots of folks here rooted for Obama when he negotiated that deal with Iran and the P5+1. In fact, I actively supported it even though I am a Christian and despite the fact that the deal was not in the interest of Israel. That tells you who I am. It's peace above all forms of political sentiments, racial passivity, religious sentimentality and individual stereotypical ideology. But can the same be said about your lots today?

The fact that you even ask that question shows you are hypocritical. Did you mean to tell me since coming into office Trump hasn't achieved a single thing? If yes, which one of them have you accredited him for? Answer that!

From your question, it entails you knew deep down that the Orange man did achieve 'something" unless you want to tell me the remains of American heroes that were returned doesn't mean a single thing to you and the selfish interests of your lots here. But it does to the would be family of those fallen heroes and to the millions of the ever-rsady-to-die ready-to-die for America soldiers who knew better now that come what may, America will never forget them.

That to me, to the families of those soldiers and to the armed forces and thousands of Americans out there, is an achievement--something his predecessors could not achieved.

I hope that sink in, but alas, your next summation below shows you are even worse than I thought.

What doesn't seem clear to you propagandists is, the agreement extracted nothing of value from the North Koreans toward the peace every one wants, instead it provided a way for him to demonstrate to his people that his skills as a leader are unsurpassed even in the face of a world superpower like America.

Now you have comfirmed my worst fears. So you think you can secure peace by bullying a nuclear armed nation to the table? You are simply being unintelligent (no offense meant) or are you just knowingly doing this? What else were you expecting? You expect North Korea to denuclearilised just like that? Even the U.S war planners and think-tanks never did envisaged a NK denuclearisation nor a stop to perfecting their nuclear capabilities from a single summit with the United States. It's only people like you and the bought and paid for fake news media that expected that to happen.

We over here are realists, just like Pentagon, and we know that NK we never halt not to mention denuclearising after meeting with Trump.

Part of the move by the Trump's administration was to queer rising tensions approaching feverish pitch. The bombs in NK works but since reality means little or nothing to you guys, you cannot see that nuclear war is very much possible. And that when it does, Hundreds of thousands of American lives spread across military bases in South Korea and elsewhere, in Asia plus millions of other people would be burnt.

OH you think this is a joke or propaganda?

Ask yourself: North Korea has 27 million people but why are they rarely seen in droves on the streets, especially in the face of rising tensions with America and Co? You don't see more than half of these people on the streets. In fact, majority of the major cities are always empty. Why? They were being evacuated--because NK envisaged and has always prepared for a full scale thermonuclear warfare.

But for people like you, this is propaganda. Yeah, you guys would want to believe the lies you are fed by the fake news network that 27 million people are just too hungry and weak to come out of their houses.

Very pathetic. But I must commend the Media, they have done a very good job.

If you cannot understand that it significantly raises his profile in the eyes of his people then you clearly lack understanding about the nuances of diplomacy and power. One does not always have to threaten to create displays of power, the mere fact that you can get another party to even appear to negotiate with you already can create the illusion that you have power, real or not. The US and NK are not equal on any level, the US is using sanctions to drive home that point and could have used its position to obtain concrete terms from NK but Trump squanders the opportunity to make a show instead. The refusal of past presidents to meet without those significant concessions was deliberate not because they didn't want peace.

We will see how this plays out and fruits of this tactic will be obvious to all.

You see how you are contradicting yourself? Talking about diplomacy and power. With all the hardlines taken against NK plus all the sanctions imposed upon them by previous administration till date, what concrete terms has the U. S achieved? Bush, Clinton, Obama all demonstrated U.S power to impose sanctions for many decades, did it stop NK from developing Nuclear Weapons? Pyongyang still thrives despite all the economic blockade and political isolation. You want to know why? Because economic sanctions have their limits--as they create alternatives corridors for others to exploit and make huge profit. There are 1001 ways to circumvent and bypass sanctions. But I guess folks like you don't know it.

As for political isolation, they always create new friends, especially when the nation is a nuclear armed nation. People like your so-called racist, misogynistic President knows this quite Allright, that you cannot isolate a nuclear armed nation or compelled it with sanctions to surrender. But since you guys don't know, you quickly dislodge any diplomatic attempt aimed at rowing in the wild boat. All you guys care about is chest-fronting, as if it has paid any dividends.

We already know how this will play out on the long run. North Korea will continue to pursue it nuclear program, albeit on a limited scale and the tense standoff between it and the South will improve gradually, as it is now. But anything can still happen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Tunmise100(m): 11:03am On Aug 10, 2018
Appleyard:

Now, this is exactly the problem with a lot of your kind on this platform. it is now. But anything can still happen.

@Appleyard Your points were factual and intellectually crafted. I must say, KUDOS. It is very painful to find so called intellectuals talk about a topic from a biased and prejudiced perspective. Many of the people on this forum have allowed their objectivity and criticism to be clouded by hate for TRUMP.

@Appleyard The truth is this, there is nothing Trump does no matter how wonderful and amazing that will make this folks give him credit. To be more candid, let me use this analogy. If Trump discovers a cure for cancer tomorrow instead of giving him credit. You will hear them say but he didn't discover a cure for HIV.
Most times it is best to avoid a debate on anything concerning Trump with them because they would never be "OBJECTIVE"

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 11:15am On Aug 10, 2018
Abbeybailey:
Melania parents from Slovenia just sworn in as US citizens. Fast tracked to citizenship while the Pig is starting Denaturalization Force to take away some people citizenship due to minor infractions. Cave skunks supporters of the racist pig, over to you to have mental organisms over that. Bunch of Klans water carriers.

Melania Trump’s parents take citizenship oath in New York City

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/09/melania-trump-parents-us-citizens-770378

The parents of first lady Melania Trump have become citizens, an attorney representing the family confirmed to POLITICO on Thursday.

Viktor and Amalija Knavs took the oath of citizenship Thursday in New York City, the attorney said.

The route the couple took to citizenship remains unclear. Michael Wildes, the family’s attorney, has declined to comment on the process, but he said in February that they had become permanent residents and were on track to naturalize.

The Knavs’ immigration status has drawn scrutiny amid President Donald Trump’s sustained attack on legal and illegal immigration.

The president in particular has vented about the family-based immigration system, which the administration dubs “chain migration.”

“CHAIN MIGRATION must end now!” Trump tweeted in November after a fatal attack in Manhattan allegedly perpetrated by an Uzbek immigrant. “Some people come in, and they bring their whole family with them, who can be truly evil. NOT ACCEPTABLE!”

Melania Trump’s own immigration history has raised questions in light of the president’s hard-line views.

Wildes said in a 2016 letter that Melania Trump sponsored herself for a green card as a model of "extraordinary ability" and became a lawful permanent resident in March 2001. - (everyone knows how Melania got her green card - emphasis mine)

The Associated Press, which first reported on the Knavs’ naturalization, said they arrived and left the ceremony Thursday accompanied by Department of Homeland Security officers.

...it's never too late for Trump's supporters on this forum to get their own US green card....
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 12:22pm On Aug 10, 2018
Tunmise100:

@Appleyard Your points were factual and intellectually crafted. I must say, KUDOS. It is very painful to find so called intellectuals talk about a topic from a biased and prejudiced perspective. Many of the people on this forum have allowed their objectivity and criticism to be clouded by hate for TRUMP.

@Appleyard The truth is this, there is nothing Trump does no matter how wonderful and amazing that will make this folks give him credit. To be more candid, let me use this analogy. If Trump discovers a cure for cancer tomorrow instead of giving him credit. You will hear them say but he didn't discover a cure for HIV.
Most times it is best to avoid a debate on anything concerning Trump with them because they would never be "OBJECTIVE"
You are the guy telling me right here few days ago that you got your US visa and i hope you do because when you get go US you will find out that your support for the Racist Trump will go down fast. You and your ilks are spouting this garbage because you do not realize the kind of hatred and division the charlatan is creating in America which happens to be a diverse country. Why is Trump universally loathed worldwide ?. Your a*s licking of the racist pig wouldn't be good for your existence in a college campus in US because it's people like you that Trump and his white nationalist supporters don't want in America because of one reason and the reason is that you are a black man. Shaking my head in disbelief. If over 90% of blacks in America despise Trump for his racism, ask yourself what makes you so special that makes you think Trump loves you or have your interest at heart. You will find out soon if it's true that you got your student visa .

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Appleyard(m): 12:43pm On Aug 10, 2018
Tunmise100:

I think you have stated the obvious. The thing that pains me the most is that these people are suppose to be intelligent. But they have allowed their views to be clouded by pure hate and undiluted bias in judgement. Otherwise, how can somebody say because you shake the hands of a fellow leader, therefore you have legitimize his deeds. Isn't that silly to begin with?

So when Obama shook the hands of Putin, he is legitimizing his support for separatists in Eastern Ukraine? Or better still, Saudi Arabia is a well known financier of terror groups in the Middle East, and Obama did shook hands with the Saudi King. Does that make him a supporter or legitimizer of their evil deeds?

But because this is Trump, his case had to be different. And like you rightly said, is useless trying to reason with deliberately unreasonable folks whose bodies, souls and spirits are sworn to hate blindly.

Thanks very much for the reminder. I think I will quit replying such posts from now on. Frankly, is a waste of time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 12:48pm On Aug 10, 2018
TheShopKeeper:

Melania Trump’s parents take citizenship oath in New York City

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/09/melania-trump-parents-us-citizens-770378

The parents of first lady Melania Trump have become citizens, an attorney representing the family confirmed to POLITICO on Thursday.

Viktor and Amalija Knavs took the oath of citizenship Thursday in New York City, the attorney said.

The route the couple took to citizenship remains unclear. Michael Wildes, the family’s attorney, has declined to comment on the process, but he said in February that they had become permanent residents and were on track to naturalize.

The Knavs’ immigration status has drawn scrutiny amid President Donald Trump’s sustained attack on legal and illegal immigration.

The president in particular has vented about the family-based immigration system, which the administration dubs “chain migration.”

“CHAIN MIGRATION must end now!” Trump tweeted in November after a fatal attack in Manhattan allegedly perpetrated by an Uzbek immigrant. “Some people come in, and they bring their whole family with them, who can be truly evil. NOT ACCEPTABLE!”

Melania Trump’s own immigration history has raised questions in light of the president’s hard-line views.

Wildes said in a 2016 letter that Melania Trump sponsored herself for a green card as a model of "extraordinary ability" and became a lawful permanent resident in March 2001. - (everyone knows how Melania got her green card - emphasis mine)

The Associated Press, which first reported on the Knavs’ naturalization, said they arrived and left the ceremony Thursday accompanied by Department of Homeland Security officers.

...it's never too late for Trump's supporters on this forum to get their own US green card....
Sopt on my man. None of The Orange a*s lickers here on Nairaland can obtain a visa at the Embassy in Abuja or the Consulate in Lagos. The reason is that Trampy doesn't want people from Nigeria which Trump called a s shiiithole in America but he prefer people from Norway. What else do you want to tell the mental dwarfs here supporting a vile racist. I am in Lagos right now and i know of a guy in his mid 30s who told me his visa to US was cancelled by the Embassy for no reason. I asked him what happened and the guy who is an Assistant Bank Manager of a Bank at Ikeja told me he got an email from the Consulate and he went there and his visa was stamped with cancelled stamp. There's a thread running now on Travel Section about how the Embassy is cancelling visas and another thread about how the Embassy are denying people visas at alarming rate. The KKK fan boys here who never see the inside of an Aircraft in their life can't comprehend that it's part of the White Nationalist agenda that they have been spouting for over 30 years calling it Browning of America. Trump is the enforcer of all the racist agenda in America now hence my personal hatred for him. For Blacks on Nairaland to show support for Trump sure tells me that bunch of this guys are simply sick. How come overwhelming majority of Nigerians on Nairaland that lives in US loathes Trump but the noisemakers who have never step their feet on an American soil love the worthless and Racist pig. It's very sickening my Brother. You will never see a Deer root for a Lion in the jungle but you will see some Africa numbnuts root for the Grand Wizard of KKK.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 12:54pm On Aug 10, 2018
Appleyard:

I think you have stated the obvious. The thing that pains me the most is that these people are suppose to be intelligent. But they have allowed their views to be clouded by pure hate and undiluted bias in judgement. Otherwise, how can somebody say because you shake the hands of a fellow leader, therefore you have legitimize his deeds. Isn't that silly to begin with?

So when Obama shook the hands of Putin, he is legitimizing his support for separatists in Eastern Ukraine? Or better still, Saudi Arabia is a well known financier of terror groups in the Middle East, and Obama did shook hands with the Saudi King. Does that make him a supporter or legitimizer of their evil deeds?

But because this is Trump, his case had to be different. And like you rightly said, is useless trying to reason with deliberately unreasonable folks whose bodies, souls and spirits are sworn to hate blindly.

Thanks very much for the reminder. I think I will quit replying such posts from now on. Frankly, is a waste of time.
Garbage in Garbage out with your useless epistle. What the heck do you know about US except the junk you and your misinformed friends follow on Fake and Racist Faux News. Crybaby, why do they hate Trump?. If someone and his supporters love hanging Blacks on a cross ala Jim Jones era, we should be planting wet kisses on him instead of critiqueing him . Worthless bunch.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 1:07pm On Aug 10, 2018
obixcel:
FACTS:
1) The President is not a WITNESS to any crime, No crime had been committed and hence cannot be questioned as a Witness OR be Indicted.
2) The President cannot be questioned by a SUBORDINATE like Mueller about his Prerogative as a President.
You know absolutely nothing about America and you keep on showing how ignorant you are. Ken Starr interviewed President Clinton during Monicagate . What makes you think Director Mueller can't question Trump?. He will subpoena Trump and that's why Trump lawyers are negotiating with Director Mueller and his staff. No one, i repeat no one not even the president is above the law in America. Please , go back in your cave and hide because you are so void of knowledge . You are a shameless guy who knows absolutely nothing about how things work in America but you and your brain dead friends are always the first to post your Basura here. Pls Boy, you need recalibration of your medulla.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 1:31pm On Aug 10, 2018
...this is a long piece of information about Devin Nunes at a fundraiser meeting, which is not open to any media outlet...it is about 20 mins viewing time long, so I have copied the transcripts....Nunes talked about the Mueller investigation, about Rosentein impeachment plans, and many more...

...definetely, the Republicans in congress knows what up if they should lose their majority in the November mid-term elections...

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trms-exclusive-devin-nunes-speaks-candidly-fundraiser

The Rachel Maddow Show has obtained exclusive, secret audio of Rep. Devin Nunes speaking candidly to donors at a private fundraiser for Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers.

Below are the transcripts of the portions aired on the August 8, 2018 episode of The Rachel Maddow Show:

Clip #1:
Devin Nunes at fundraiser audio clip 1
REP. NUNES (R-CA): “So therein lies, so it’s like your classic Catch-22 situation where we were at a – this puts us in such a tough spot. If Sessions won’t unrecuse and Mueller won’t clear the president, we’re the only ones. Which is really the danger. That’s why I keep, and thank you for saying it by the way, I mean we have to keep all these seats. We have to keep the majority. If we do not keep the majority, all of this goes away.”

Clip #2:
Devin Nunes at fundraiser audio clip 2
REP. NUNES (R-CA): “They know it’s ridiculous to go after the president for obstruction of justice. But if they tell a lie often enough and they put it out there and they say, ‘Oh, we’re looking at the tweets,’ cause you know you’ve got a mixed bag on the tweets, right? Like sometimes you love the president’s tweets, sometimes we cringe on the president’s tweets - (even some Republicans don't accept Donald Trump's tweets). But they’re trying to make a political, this is all political as to why that story ran in the New York Times on the tweets.”

Clip #3:
Devin Nunes at fundraiser audio clip 3
REP. NUNES (R-CA): “Now if somebody thinks that my campaign or Cathy’s campaign is colluding with the Chinese, or you name the country, hey, could happen, it would be a very bad thing if Cathy was getting secrets from the Portuguese, let’s say, just because I’m Portuguese, my family was. So Cathy was getting secret information from the Portuguese. You know, may or may not be unusual. But ultimately let’s say the Portuguese came and brought her some stolen emails. And she decided to release those. Okay, now we have a problem, right? Because somebody stole the emails, gave ‘em to Cathy, Cathy released ‘em. Well, if that’s the case, then that’s criminal.”

Clip #4:
Devin Nunes at fundraiser audio clip 4
AUDIENCE MEMBER: “But also, on things that came up in the House on Rosenstein impeachment thing. And it appears from an outsider that the Republicans were not supported.”
REP. NUNES (R-CA): “Yeah, well, so it’s a bit complicated, right? And I say that because you have to, so we only have so many months left, right? So if we actually vote to impeach, okay, what that does is that triggers the Senate then has to take it up. Well, and you have to decide what you want right now because the Senate only has so much time. Do you want them to drop everything and not confirm the Supreme Court justice, the new Supreme Court justice? So that’s part of why, I don’t think you have, you’re not getting from, and I’ve said publicly Rosenstein deserves to be impeached. I mean, so, I don’t think you’re gonna get any argument from most of our colleagues. The question is the timing of it right before the election.”

REP. MCMORRIS RODGERS (R-WA): “Also, the Senate has to start –”
REP. NUNES (R-CA): “The Senate would have to start, the Senate would have to drop everything they’re doing and start to, and start with impeachment on Rosenstein. And then take the risk of not getting Kavanaugh confirmed. So it’s not a matter that any of us like Rosenstein. It’s a matter of, it’s a matter of timing.”
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 2:14pm On Aug 10, 2018
Appleyard:

When Abeillay is confronted with facts he will then tell you "you know nothing about the US. " Lol...why does he always repeat this line...gosh! Liberals are way too predictable grin grin

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 2:24pm On Aug 10, 2018
obixcel:
When Abeillay is confronted with facts he will then tell you "you know nothing about the US. " Lol...why does he always repeat this line...gosh! Liberals are way too predictable grin grin
What facts, this American bred told you no one in America is above the law. America is a country governed by Rule of Law and a clown like you wouldn't know that. How come Rudy Guiliani and Jay Sekulow ( Trump lawyers) are negotiating with Director Mueller?. Shameless cave man, go back in your cave. You don't belong here with your subpar IQ.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2018
TheShopKeeper:

New York Rep. Christopher Collins indicted on insider trading charges:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/08/new-york-rep-christopher-collins-indicted-on-insider-trading-charges.html

As the information goes, the indictment is cut-and-dried; Collins was on the board of directors of a biotech company (Innate Immunotherapeutics). He and his family amassed large stock holdings in the company, expecting favorable results from a clinical trial then underway. But the clinical trial failed. Collins and other board members were given the bad news by the CEO, whilst Collins was at an event in the White House on June 22. That information was nonpublic and material. Within minutes of receiving the bad news from the company's CEO, Collins alerted his son. Collins' son, his girlfriend, and his girlfriend's father immediately unloaded their shares, which allowed them to avoid losses of nearly $1million. The actual bad news about the failed drugs trial was made public on June 26.

Another interesting thing is that the former HHS Secretary Tom Price was also invested in this biotech company.

....this just gets interesting...(the news link below happened around March 2017): which is linked to the above story about insider trading...

Fired U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara Said to Have Been Investigating HHS Secretary Tom Price

https://www.propublica.org/article/preet-bharara-fired-investigating-tom-price-hhs-stock-trading?utm_campaign=sprout&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1489774506

Former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, who was removed from his post by the Trump administration last week, was overseeing an investigation into stock trades made by the president’s health secretary, according to a person familiar with the office.

Tom Price, head of the Department of Health and Human Services, came under scrutiny during his confirmation hearings for investments he made while serving in Congress. The Georgia lawmaker traded hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of shares in health-related companies, even as he voted on and sponsored legislation affecting the industry.

Price testified at the time that his trades were lawful and transparent. Democrats accused him of potentially using his office to enrich himself. One lawmaker called for an investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission, citing concerns Price could have violated the STOCK Act, a 2012 law signed by President Obama that clarified that members of Congress cannot use nonpublic information for profit and requires them to promptly disclose their trades.

The investigation of Price’s trades by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, which hasn’t been previously disclosed, was underway at the time of Bharara’s dismissal, said the person.

In December, the Wall Street Journal reported that Price traded more than $300,000 worth of shares in health companies over a recent four-year period, while taking actions that could have affected those companies. Price, an orthopedic surgeon, chaired the powerful House Budget Committee and sat on the Ways and Means Committee’s health panel.

In one case, Price was one of just a handful of American investors allowed to buy discounted stock in Innate Immunotherapeutics — a tiny Australian company working on an experimental multiple sclerosis drug. The company hoped to be granted “investigational new drug” status from the Food and Drug Administration, a designation that expedites the approval process.
Members of congress often try to apply pressure on the FDA. As ProPublica has reported, Price’s office has taken up the causes of health care companies, and in one case urged a government agency to remove a damaging drug study on behalf of a pharmaceutical company whose CEO donated to Price’s campaign.

Innate Immunotherapeutics’ CEO Simon Wilkinson told ProPublica that he and his company have not had any contact with American law enforcement agencies and have no knowledge of authorities looking at Price’s stock trades.

NB...Tom Price has since resigned as HHS on 29 September 2017 over his use of private planes and military aircraft for private use....
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 2:42pm On Aug 10, 2018
TheShopKeeper:

....this just gets interesting...(the news link below happened around March 2017): which is linked to the above story about insider trading...

Fired U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara Said to Have Been Investigating HHS Secretary Tom Price

https://www.propublica.org/article/preet-bharara-fired-investigating-tom-price-hhs-stock-trading?utm_campaign=sprout&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1489774506

Former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, who was removed from his post by the Trump administration last week, was overseeing an investigation into stock trades made by the president’s health secretary, according to a person familiar with the office.

Tom Price, head of the Department of Health and Human Services, came under scrutiny during his confirmation hearings for investments he made while serving in Congress. The Georgia lawmaker traded hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of shares in health-related companies, even as he voted on and sponsored legislation affecting the industry.

Price testified at the time that his trades were lawful and transparent. Democrats accused him of potentially using his office to enrich himself. One lawmaker called for an investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission, citing concerns Price could have violated the STOCK Act, a 2012 law signed by President Obama that clarified that members of Congress cannot use nonpublic information for profit and requires them to promptly disclose their trades.

The investigation of Price’s trades by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, which hasn’t been previously disclosed, was underway at the time of Bharara’s dismissal, said the person.

In December, the Wall Street Journal reported that Price traded more than $300,000 worth of shares in health companies over a recent four-year period, while taking actions that could have affected those companies. Price, an orthopedic surgeon, chaired the powerful House Budget Committee and sat on the Ways and Means Committee’s health panel.

In one case, Price was one of just a handful of American investors allowed to buy discounted stock in Innate Immunotherapeutics — a tiny Australian company working on an experimental multiple sclerosis drug. The company hoped to be granted “investigational new drug” status from the Food and Drug Administration, a designation that expedites the approval process.
Members of congress often try to apply pressure on the FDA. As ProPublica has reported, Price’s office has taken up the causes of health care companies, and in one case urged a government agency to remove a damaging drug study on behalf of a pharmaceutical company whose CEO donated to Price’s campaign.

Innate Immunotherapeutics’ CEO Simon Wilkinson told ProPublica that he and his company have not had any contact with American law enforcement agencies and have no knowledge of authorities looking at Price’s stock trades.

NB...Tom Price has since resigned as HHS on 29 September 2017 over his use of private planes and military aircraft for private use....

The plot thickens. The charlatan who wants to drain the swamp is filling the swamps with Alligators and Crocodiles. What an irony. All that makes no difference to the Klan worshippers on Nairaland. Americans will take their pound of flesh on Nov 6 which is less than 3 months. Licking my lips to vote out bunch of republikkkans starting with my Governor Bruce Rauner.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 5:14pm On Aug 10, 2018
Laura Ingraham of Fake and Racist Faux News was ranting about how the demographics in America is changing from Virginia to California through Legal and Illegal immigration. That's the play book of the Nazis and the Racist Faux News supported by the Racist Trump. That's what I meant by saying the BROWNING OF AMERICA . The racist and the Neo Nazis clan are scared to death of Black and Brown people . The Klan sympathizers on Nairaland, over to you. Your kind are not wanted in America anymore but you guys are so brain dead thinking Trump and his White Nationalist supporters love you. Stockholm Syndrome at work. Pathetic bunch of losers.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 8:09pm On Aug 10, 2018
Appleyard:

Now, this is exactly the problem with a lot of your kind on this platform. Who said anything about celebrating Trump's achievement? can you point to where I celebrated his achievement in all our discourse? I only became fascinated about how you cleverly yet unintelligently redefined the term "legitimacy". Even blind Bathemos could have seen through your level of seething hatred for Trump when you childishly summise that his handshake with Kim embodies his crimes and legitimize his ways. You should accept the fact you made a blunder, rather than trying to wriggle your way out.

Talking about your equally hypocritical question, if it where to be Obama, would we have celebrated this so-called achievement?

The answer is yes, and why not? I don't know about others but you can simply revert back to my posts here during the Obama Era and see for yourself. Not everyone here lack constructive criticism and honest views. For what a lot of you don't know, lots of folks here rooted for Obama when he negotiated that deal with Iran and the P5+1. In fact, I actively supported it even though I am a Christian and despite the fact that the deal was not in the interest of Israel. That tells you who I am. It's peace above all forms of political sentiments, racial passivity, religious sentimentality and individual stereotypical ideology. But can the same be said about your lots today?

The fact that you even ask that question shows you are hypocritical. Did you mean to tell me since coming into office Trump hasn't achieved a single thing? If yes, which one of them have you accredited him for? Answer that!

From your question, it entails you knew deep down that the Orange man did achieve 'something" unless you want to tell me the remains of American heroes that were returned doesn't mean a single thing to you and the selfish interests of your lots here. But it does to the would be family of those fallen heroes and to the millions of the ever-rsady-to-die ready-to-die for America soldiers who knew better now that come what may, America will never forget them.

That to me, to the families of those soldiers and to the armed forces and thousands of Americans out there, is an achievement--something his predecessors could not achieved.

I hope that sink in, but alas, your next summation below shows you are even worse than I thought.

Now you have comfirmed my worst fears. So you think you can secure peace by bullying a nuclear armed nation to the table? You are simply being unintelligent (no offense meant) or are you just knowingly doing this? What else were you expecting? You expect North Korea to denuclearilised just like that? Even the U.S war planners and think-tanks never did envisaged a NK denuclearisation nor a stop to perfecting their nuclear capabilities from a single summit with the United States. It's only people like you and the bought and paid for fake news media that expected that to happen.

We over here are realists, just like Pentagon, and we know that NK we never halt not to mention denuclearising after meeting with Trump.

Part of the move by the Trump's administration was to queer rising tensions approaching feverish pitch. The bombs in NK works but since reality means little or nothing to you guys, you cannot see that nuclear war is very much possible. And that when it does, Hundreds of thousands of American lives spread across military bases in South Korea and elsewhere, in Asia plus millions of other people would be burnt.

OH you think this is a joke or propaganda?

Ask yourself: North Korea has 27 million people but why are they rarely seen in droves on the streets, especially in the face of rising tensions with America and Co? You don't see more than half of these people on the streets. In fact, majority of the major cities are always empty. Why? They were being evacuated--because NK envisaged and has always prepared for a full scale thermonuclear warfare.

But for people like you, this is propaganda. Yeah, you guys would want to believe the lies you are fed by the fake news network that 27 million people are just too hungry and weak to come out of their houses.

Very pathetic. But I must commend the Media, they have done a very good job.

You see how you are contradicting yourself? Talking about diplomacy and power. With all the hardlines taken against NK plus all the sanctions imposed upon them by previous administration till date, what concrete terms has the U. S achieved? Bush, Clinton, Obama all demonstrated U.S power to impose sanctions for many decades, did it stop NK from developing Nuclear Weapons? Pyongyang still thrives despite all the economic blockade and political isolation. You want to know why? Because economic sanctions have their limits--as they create alternatives corridors for others to exploit and make huge profit. There are 1001 ways to circumvent and bypass sanctions. But I guess folks like you don't know it.

As for political isolation, they always create new friends, especially when the nation is a nuclear armed nation. People like your so-called racist, misogynistic President knows this quite Allright, that you cannot isolate a nuclear armed nation or compelled it with sanctions to surrender. But since you guys don't know, you quickly dislodge any diplomatic attempt aimed at rowing in the wild boat. All you guys care about is chest-fronting, as if it has paid any dividends.

We already know how this will play out on the long run. North Korea will continue to pursue it nuclear program, albeit on a limited scale and the tense standoff between it and the South will improve gradually, as it is now. But anything can still happen.

ROFLMFAO! How does one even begin answer this mass of ramblings? If you lie with dogs you get up with fleas, you associated yourself with airhead Trump praise singers and I assumed you are one of them.

LoL so asking a question of comparison is now being hypocritical? LoL when Obama announced he would attempt diplomatic overtures with NK, the conservatives went ballistic and you believe such a question is hypocritical? LoLz.

Trump wanted to quell the tension he raised to fever pitch and his airhead praise singers were here salivating at the prospect of nuclear annihilation for innocent people. LoL. No wonder the bloody showmanship impresses you.

You speak of the returned remains as though it was a significant achievement for the negotiations conducted in person by a US president meanwhile such has been done without requiring the presence of the US president. LoL, it so just so funny I just want to stop replying here because it obvious the preponderance of history is lost on folk like you and your flea ridden friends. If these simple things slip your grasp, what is the point of talking to you about the intricacies of diplomatic negotiations?

Abegi, I am no longer wasting my time replying you. Its not worth it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (4134) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 209
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.