Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (4007) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1597372 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4004) (4005) (4006) (4007) (4008) (4009) (4010) ... (4136) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 12:49am On Jan 26
bemeruca:

Your whole post is just nonsense.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 12:58am On Jan 26
budaatum:
[/quote]
If you don't change its just a matter of time before you start sniffing little girl’s hair.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 1:11am On Jan 26
Unsealed original divorce documents don't mention Fulton County DA Fani Willis

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/unsealed-divorce-documents-do-not-mention-fulton-county-da-fani-willis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 1:26am On Jan 26
---Peter Navarro---to be locked up for four months because he ignored congress subpoena---

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 1:27am On Jan 26
Charlie kirk is trending for saying something that is racist. He said if he sees a black pilot entering the cockpit he would say "I hope he is qualified"

This is obviously racist without context. But what he said is base on the current DEI agenda. So he is saying the quiet part loud.

He was on a show discussing about the DEI agenda companies employ. Where they tend to focus on minority hire instead of hiring the best whether they are in the minority group or not.

What he said is racists without context but in this case... He is spot on with his concerns.

The DEI nonsense is being pushed too much.
I will say his choice of words were controversial though so the backlash is understandable as well

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 2:36am On Jan 26
bemeruca:
Charlie kirk is trending for saying something that is racist. He said if he sees a black pilot entering the cockpit he would say "I hope he is qualified"

This is obviously racist without context. But what he said is base on the current DEI agenda. So he is saying the quiet part loud.

He was on a show discussing about the DEI agenda companies employ. Where they tend to focus on minority hire instead of hiring the best whether they are in the minority group or not.

What he said is racists without context but in this case... He is spot on with his concerns.

I will say his choice of words were controversial though so the backlash is understandable as well

The resident self hating racist wants to tell us why we shouldn't consider something obviously racist, racist.
Thank you for your very reasoned thoughts. <sarcasm> I'll be sure to file them in the circular file.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 3:18am On Jan 26
IjeBos:

The resident self hating racist wants to tell us why we shouldn't consider something obviously racist, racist.
Thank you for your very reasoned thoughts. <sarcasm> I'll be sure to file them in the circular file.

redundant fool grin
to you everything is racist, Context does not matter. grin
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/62o32W4E1hk

Kirk is 100 percent correct. Just hire qualified people. stop with the DEI BS.
Go and show your support for Cornel West. stop killing yourself for biden cheesy

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 3:54am On Jan 26
bemeruca:

redundant fool grin
to you everything is racist, Context does not matter. grin
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/62o32W4E1hk

Kirk is 100 percent correct. Just hire qualified people. stop with the DEI BS.
Go and show your support for Cornel West. stop killing yourself for biden cheesy

I'm actually glad Kirk wrote this. It makes it evident that criticism of DEI is just a catchall for racists who believe black people aren't good/smart enough.
I'm not sure I told this story. But one of my exes was a graduate of 1 of the top 2 Law Schools in the US (being somewhat nebulous). She was half Nigerian, half white. She applied for summer internships in law firms with her Nigerian name initially and wasn't getting any interviews. She subsequently applied with her white/European middle name and got interviews with some of the top law firms in the US and ended up accepting a job at one of the top firms (She got offers to the top 3).

DEI, is a tool to force companies to hire qualified minorities vs. looking them over based on racism as they tend to do. The argument that in a country of 300 million with a 12% black population or 40% minority population, they can't find qualified minorities is specious at best.

Now for the self hating black person who thinks minorities aren't qualified to fly planes. The same arguments were used in the past to prevent black people (not capable/smart enough) from flying. And here you are again speaking the vocabulary of racists. Here are the Tuskegee Airmen. Your words spit on their graves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp3_7Yo2xFw

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 5:57am On Jan 26
Microsoft will reportedly lay off 1,900 employees in its XBox division…

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 7:25am On Jan 26
IjeBos:

I'm glad Kirk wrote this. It makes it evident that criticism of DEI is just a catchall for racists who believe black people aren't good/smart enough.
I'm not sure I told this story. But one of my exes was a graduate of 1 of the top 2 Law Schools in the US (being somewhat nebulous). She was half Nigerian, half white. She applied for summer internships in law firms with her Nigerian name initially and wasn't getting any interviews. She subsequently applied with her white/European middle name and got interviews with some of the top law firms in the US and ended up accepting a job at one of the top firms (She got offers to the top 3).

DEI, is a tool to force companies to hire qualified minorities vs. looking them over based on racism as they tend to do. The argument that in a country of 300 million with a 12% black population or 40% minority population, they can't find qualified minorities is specious at best.

Now for the self hating black person who thinks minorities aren't qualified to fly planes. The same arguments were used in the past to prevent black people (not capable/smart enough) from flying. And here you are again speaking the vocabulary of racists. Here are the Tuskegee Airmen. Your words spit on their graves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp3_7Yo2xFw

this is the craziest shit I have seen today. hahahahaha
So the tool forces them? what nonsense. you don't have anything to say. President Gay was the leader of Harvard because of your DEI tool. how did that go?
If you want to Hire based on minority, Just quietly do it. Don't come out and announce that you want to increase the black number of pilots by 50%, it will make people question if you are picking the best. Nobody questioned Judge Jackson's qualifications until Biden said he would pick a black judge who is a woman. he could have just said he was going to pick the most qualified judge and then pick her but now people don't think he picked her for her qualifications but for her skin color and Gender.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Laurene: 9:12am On Jan 26
bemeruca:
Cornel West Running for president, promise reparation and other goodie bags for the African American commu... One would think the left, the African Americans etc... Will take him serious and support him.

If it was a white man that promises all these goodie bags, they will take him more serious.
He'll take away minority votes from Biden. Third party candidates would be Biden's undoing.

If Trump won't win independents, Joe ain't winning them either. You'll see as Dems starts panicking during the fall and try to remove them especially RFK jnr from swing state ballots.

It'll prove that Dems are not as democratic as they claim... It's also the same reason that "Trump is a dictator" narrative is not holding water within the electorate; Hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 1:55pm On Jan 26
Laurene:
He'll take away minority votes from Biden. Third party candidates would be Biden's undoing.

If Trump won't win independents, Joe ain't winning them either. You'll see as Dems starts panicking during the fall and try to remove them especially RFK jnr from swing state ballots.

Why wouldn't Biden win the Independents?
Have you seen polls that say Independents won't vote for Biden?
Have you heard credible anecdotes that say Independents won't vote for Biden?
And how are Democrats trying to remove JFk from ballots?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by zendi: 2:11pm On Jan 26
Laurene:

It'll prove that Dems are not as democratic as they claim... It's also the same reason that "Trump is a dictator" narrative is not holding water within the electorate; Hypocrisy.

"Trump is a dictator."
"Trump is authoritarian."
"Trump is a Nazi, and worse than Hitler."
"Trump is a racist, fascist and every other bad thing."

They forget that Trump has actually been president for 4 years.
And I've forgotten how many people he rounded up and sent to the gas chamber.

But I remember he was the most persecuted, witch-hunted and manhunted "dictator" in history.
He was persecuted even by his own DOJ.
He was investigated non-stop throughout his tenure, and they're still at it.

He was impeached twice for frivolities.
The only politicians jailed under his watch were his own political allies.
What a dictator and authoritarian.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Konkoja: 2:21pm On Jan 26
bemeruca:

He is a Racist! Is it only black people that DEI increase access for? Whites from poor background are also beneficiaries of DEI.

Stop carrying water for racists, it's nauseating.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 3:05pm On Jan 26
zendi:

But I remember he was the most persecuted, witch-hunted and manhunted "dictator" in history.

So, if your rivals say you did something illegal it's a persecution.
And if your own hand picked DOJ says you did something illegal it's also a persecution.
So, who do you think is capable of saying Trump did something illegal without it being persecution?

Or maybe, just maybe all these people are saying he is doing illegal things, because he is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 3:20pm On Jan 26
Konkoja:

He is a Racist! Is it only black people that DEI increase access for? Whites from poor background are also beneficiaries of DEI.

Stop carrying water for racists, it's nauseating.

Can you explain the bold with examples through the DEI program? Can you tell us how that is not contradictory to the program itself.

Anyone with open mind watch this to get the context of what he said and tell me how it is racist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7_KFLhYddw

When you make emphasis of diversity hire, one can also ask about all the more qualified people that didn't get the spot because they don't fit into the diversity criteria.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 3:24pm On Jan 26
IjeBos:

And if your own hand picked DOJ says you did something illegal it's also a persecution.
So, who do you think is capable of saying Trump did something illegal without it being persecution?

Or maybe, just maybe all these people are saying he is doing illegal things, because he is.

Find out all the roles Mary McCord has played since 2017.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 3:25pm On Jan 26
Laurene:

Dems are the biggest hypocrites you will find on this planet.
They are everything they acuse conservatives of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1JNpLdui1Y

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 3:29pm On Jan 26
For some reason John Fetterman is impressing me. He is one of the elected democrat making sense these days.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by zendi: 4:40pm On Jan 26
IjeBos:

Wait, 91 criminal charges (and counting) brought against a 72 year old man,
And he is not a mafia boss, a mass killer or a terror king,
But a political opponent or those bringing the charges,
On the eve of an election in which he is the chief rival to the power that be;
Has no other words but incredulous and ludicrous.
And the definitions of political persecution and election interference.

Secondly, the man out of naively staffed his DOJ from the Brutus wing of his own party.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 5:20pm On Jan 26
zendi:

Wait, 91 criminal charges (and counting) brought against a 72 year old man,
And he is not a mafia boss, a mass killer or a terror king,
But a political opponent or those bringing the charges,
On the eve of an election in which he is the chief rival to the power that be;
Has no other words but incredulous and ludicrous.
And the definitions of political persecution and election interference.

Secondly, the man out of naively staffed his DOJ from the Brutus wing of his own party.

You didn't answer any of the questions.
Your claim is that Biden's DOJ was out to persecute him.
And also Trump's hand picked DOJ (he fired all the AG's and replaced them when he took office) were all out to persecute him.
Again, who do you think would be fair to prosecute him for illegal actions?
Or do you believe that he should never be prosecuted?

And furthermore, I don't understand your argument.
Do you believe Trump didn't commit those acts?
Or do you believe even if he did at 72 he shouldn't be prosecuted for them?

I happen to believe the DOJ has let skate a lot of the illegalities he commited and they were forced to prosecute what they did because they didn't want to set the standard that his actions were acceptable. And the next time someone decides to go further.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 6:12pm On Jan 26
bemeruca:

The Democrats only need minorities to hold onto power, once they get that power tht stopped caring for anyone

a years-old video message circulating on social media from New York City Rep. Yvette Clarke (D-N.Y.) strikes a much different chord.

“I’m from Brooklyn, New York. We have a diaspora that can absorb a significant number of these migrants,” Ms. Clarke, who once served on the House Committee on Homeland Security, said in the clip.

“When I hear colleagues talk about, you know, the doors of the inn being closed—ah, no room at the inn—I’m saying I need more people in my district just for redistricting purposes,” Ms. Clarke continued, adding that they “could clearly fit here.”
https://www.ntd.com/controversy-erupts-after-new-york-democrat-said-illegal-immigrants-needed-for-redistricting-in-resurfaced-clip_965560.html

When border states like Texas and Arizona complain the blue states will call them racists, now New York got what Texas gets in one week and they are complaining. Shows Democrats are actually the hypocrites
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by JessicaRabbit(f): 7:06pm On Jan 26
raumdeuter:

The Democrats only need minorities to hold onto power, once they get that power tht stopped caring for anyone

When border states like Texas and Arizona complain the blue states will call them racists, now New York got what Texas gets in one week and they are complaining. Shows Democrats are actually the hypocrites

Well, it's quite the assertion. While Rep. Clarke's comments may sound questionable, it's important not to generalize the entire Democratic party based on one individual's statement. Political parties are diverse, and views within them vary. Criticizing Democrats as only caring about minorities for political gain oversimplifies a complex landscape. We can always discuss the nuances of immigration policy without falling into the trap of broad generalizations and logical fallacies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 7:12pm On Jan 26
JessicaRabbit:

Well, it's quite the assertion. While Rep. Clarke's comments may sound questionable, it's important not to generalize the entire Democratic party based on one individual's statement. Political parties are diverse, and views within them vary. Criticizing Democrats as only caring about minorities for political gain oversimplifies a complex landscape. We can always discuss the nuances of immigration policy without falling into the trap of broad generalizations and logical fallacies.

But it's the truth, they have the minority base and they are importing more to infiltrate the red states since their are confident the blue states will continue to vote blue.

This is an eye opener as it shows they don't really care the undocumented...

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Laurene: 7:45pm On Jan 26
Read my post again... I never said Biden won't win independents but it's highly unlikely this time around because the coalition he won with in 2020 is a fragile one and it has broken up partly due to his woeful presidency as seen in his approval rating (the lowest since Carter).

This election is also gonna feature well-funded opponents in RFK jnr, Cornel West, the Greens, Libertarians and probably the No labels. He would have overcame them if he was popular.

Biden would lose enough independent votes that carried him previously to third parties, enough to cause a defeat.

And yes Biden is currently losing in 90 percent of the polls, with them even showing him getting jeopardized in blue states like New York, Maine, New Hampshire etc... That'll cause the swing state Dems to panic and try to use shenanigans and flimsy frivolities to block some of these third parties especially Cornel west who would in fact take away Muslim and progressive votes from Biden.

I still stand the Dems out of desperation would try to remove third parties from the ballot... Just watch!
IjeBos:

Why wouldn't Biden win the Independents?
Have you seen polls that say Independents won't vote for Biden?
Have you heard credible anecdotes that say Independents won't vote for Biden?
And how are Democrats trying to remove JFk from ballots?

Most polls even the liberal ones are showing Biden losing independents... Check very well. It's still quite a long shot till November but I can't see Biden improving with them.
If the lag continues, Trump would squeeze out a plurality from independents and narrowly win the electoral college.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Laurene: 7:50pm On Jan 26
zendi:

"Trump is a dictator."
"Trump is an authoritarian."
"Trump is a Nazi, and worse than Hitler."
"Trump is a racist, fascist and every other bad thing."

They forget that Trump has actually been president for 4 years.
And I've forgotten how many people he rounded up and sent to the gas chamber.

He was impeached twice for frivolities.
What a dictator and an authoritarian.
It's just ridiculous at the hypocrisy.
I think they're fear-mongering intentionally to stop their foe in Trump.
They know there's no way Trump can be a dictator in a system like America.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by JessicaRabbit(f): 7:50pm On Jan 26
benalvino3:

But it's the truth, they have the minority base and they are importing more to infiltrate the red states since their are confident the blue states will continue to vote blue.

This is an eye opener as it shows they don't really care the undocumented...

Firstly, your claim about Democrats "importing" minorities to swing red states is demonstrably false. It's a strawman argument, attributing motivations and actions to Democrats that simply don't exist. Immigration policy is complex, driven by many factors, and reducing it to a sinister plot by one party reeks of misinformation and fear-mongering.

Secondly, you imply that Democrats only care about minorities for votes. This, my friend, is a textbook example of "othering". It paints a monolithic picture of an entire group, ignoring the diversity of thought and opinion within the Democratic party - as well as the countless Democrats who genuinely advocate for minority rights based on principles, not just political calculus.

Furthermore, conflating undocumented immigrants with a monolithic "minority base" further perpetuates dehumanization. It reduces individuals to mere voting blocs, ignoring their stories, struggles, and contributions to American society. It's a tactic often used to stir up fear and division, not engage in honest debate.

So again, if you're genuinely interested in discussing immigration policy, let's ditch the conspiracy theories and harmful stereotypes. We can talk about border security, pathways to citizenship, economic impact, and the ethical implications of different approaches. But it needs to be based on facts, not fear-mongering and "us vs. them" rhetoric. If you're open to a genuine exchange of ideas, I'm here. But if you're just peddling inflammatory narratives, well, perhaps stick to solitaire – at least then you're guaranteed to win against yourself.

And hey, if you're hungry for some historical context, we can discuss how both parties have historically shifted their stances on immigration, how fear-mongering tactics have been used throughout history, and how genuine dialogue can lead to better solutions than demonizing entire groups of people. Just saying, food for thought.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 7:53pm On Jan 26
bemeruca:

Catchy article, Tha hediot has not read this.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2023/9/19/23879313/airline-pilots-white-men-diversity-race-gender-training-eileen-bjorkman

White men have ruled the sky as airline pilots, but that’s finally changing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Laurene: 7:54pm On Jan 26
bemeruca:

If they succeed with Trump, they'll go fully after his allies and those that worked with him then slowly to other conservatives. I only pity Republicans falling to "things would come back to normalcy once Trump is gone" narrative.

They hate conservatives not just Trump.
Checkout the days of Reagan, Bush, the tea party etc.
They want Republicans to become liberals... They're totally insane!

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LEARNPYTHON(m): 8:08pm On Jan 26
JessicaRabbit:

Firstly, your claim about Democrats "importing" minorities to swing red states is demonstrably false. It's a strawman argument, attributing motivations and actions to Democrats that simply don't exist. Immigration policy is complex, driven by many factors, and reducing it to a sinister plot by one party reeks of misinformation and fear-mongering.

Secondly, you imply that Democrats only care about minorities for votes. This, my friend, is a textbook example of "othering". It paints a monolithic picture of an entire group, ignoring the diversity of thought and opinion within the Democratic party - as well as the countless Democrats who genuinely advocate for minority rights based on principles, not just political calculus.

Furthermore, conflating undocumented immigrants with a monolithic "minority base" further perpetuates dehumanization. It reduces individuals to mere voting blocs, ignoring their stories, struggles, and contributions to American society. It's a tactic often used to stir up fear and division, not engage in honest debate.

So again, if you're genuinely interested in discussing immigration policy, let's ditch the conspiracy theories and harmful stereotypes. We can talk about border security, pathways to citizenship, economic impact, and the ethical implications of different approaches. But it needs to be based on facts, not fear-mongering and "us vs. them" rhetoric. If you're open to a genuine exchange of ideas, I'm here. But if you're just peddling inflammatory narratives, well, perhaps stick to solitaire – at least then you're guaranteed to win against yourself.

And hey, if you're hungry for some historical context, we can discuss how both parties have historically shifted their stances on immigration, how fear-mongering tactics have been used throughout history, and how genuine dialogue can lead to better solutions than demonizing entire groups of people. Just saying, food for thought.
🫡 🫡 🫡
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 8:22pm On Jan 26
Laurene:
Read my post again... I never said Biden won't win independents but it's highly unlikely this time around because the coalition he won with in 2020 is a fragile one and it has broken up partly due to his woeful presidency as seen in his approval rating (the lowest since Carter).

This election is also gonna feature well-funded opponents in RFK jnr, Cornel West, the Greens, Libertarians and probably the No labels. He would have overcame them if he was popular.

Biden would lose enough independent votes that carried him previously to third parties, enough to cause a defeat.

And yes Biden is currently losing in 90 percent of the polls, with them even showing him getting jeopardized in blue states like New York, Maine, New Hampshire etc... T[b]hat'll cause the swing state Dems to panic and try to use shenanigans and flimsy frivolities to block some of these third parties especially Cornel west who would in fact take away Muslim and progressive votes from Biden.
[/b]
I still stand the Dems out of desperation would try to remove third parties from the ballot... Just watch! Most polls even the liberal ones are showing Biden losing independents... Check very well. It's still quite a long shot till November but I can't see Biden improving with them.
If the lag continues, Trump would squeeze out a plurality from independents and narrowly win the electoral college.

What flimsy frivolities will Dems use to block Cornel West? And what mechanism/laws will allow them to remove them in state ballots? Be specific.
Show me a poll showing Biden losing in NY.
What is woeful about his presidency?
What do you think changed from 2020 that will move independents from Biden to Trump?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:27pm On Jan 26
JessicaRabbit:

So again, if you're genuinely interested in discussing immigration policy, let's ditch the conspiracy theories and harmful stereotypes.

That would be the day maga dumps kraken.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4004) (4005) (4006) (4007) (4008) (4009) (4010) ... (4136) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.