Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (4010) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1617981 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4007) (4008) (4009) (4010) (4011) (4012) (4013) ... (4139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:27pm On Jan 27
IjeBos:

These tweets are wild. Historians are going to be looking back on this time in utter disbelief... I hope.

Dumpenomics.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 10:29pm On Jan 27
This year’s Republican presidential nomination contest is the quickest contested major party presidential race to narrow down to 2 candidates in this century…
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 11:23pm On Jan 27
PDPGuy:
This year’s Republican presidential nomination contest is the quickest contested major party presidential race to narrow down to 2 candidates in this century…

Why do you think it is like that?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 11:46pm On Jan 27
IjeBos:
I remember early in Biden's administration, the same dunderheads who easily fall for right wing propaganda were saying Biden was killing Oil in the US, banning oil production. etc. etc. They are eerily quiet now.. I assume this is the reason.

U.S. oil production hits new high
https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=60622

We told them oil production levels react to oil price. There are prices at which some rigs become unprofitable and shut down. COVID made most rigs unprofitable as oil went as low as $20 at some stage. Now the price is in the 70s, rigs are back up. Bemeruca always follow the numbers not the ranting of political narratives

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by zendi: 12:00am On Jan 28
Why is this man on the Left?
He has too much commonsense for that.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/01/27/watch-fetterman-mocks-pro-palestinian-protesters-at-his-home-by-waving-israeli-flag-rooftop/

For those who don't want me to link Breitbart, you ain't seen anything.
I follow truth where it leads.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 12:01am On Jan 28
bemeruca:

Why do you think it is like that?
I think it’s because Trump, being an ex-president, has a tremendous name recognition that has proven to be a major asset in this cycle.
On the other hand his opponents were, from the get-go, jockeying to either replace him (if he were convicted during the race), or positioning themselves as his potential running mate.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 12:09am On Jan 28
Ibime:

We told them oil production levels react to oil price. There are prices at which some rigs become unprofitable and shut down. COVID made most rigs unprofitable as oil went as low as $20 at some stage. Now the price is in the 70s, rigs are back up. Bemeruca always follow the numbers not the ranting of political narratives

Yo my comprehensive bro. Longest time. How is Manchester?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 12:12am On Jan 28
PDPGuy:

I think it’s because Trump, being an ex-president, has a tremendous name recognition that has proven to be a major asset in this cycle.
On the other hand his opponents were, from the get-go, jockeying to either replace him (if he were convicted during the race), or positioning themselves as his potential running mate.

In as much as I want DeSantis to carry the flag, he should have done his homework and not compete against trump yet. Hopefully trump and his base will back him up if he chooses to run again.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 12:25am On Jan 28
bemeruca:

Yo my comprehensive bro. Longest time. How is Manchester?

We dey oh

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 12:32am On Jan 28
Ibime:

We dey oh

What do you think about this joint. You know I once talked about tom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kGpohEpuTE
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 12:34am On Jan 28
bemeruca:

What do you think about this joint. You know I once talked about tom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kGpohEpuTE

Music is for relaxation,not ranting, and I don't listen to rappers with face tattoos

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 12:41am On Jan 28
Ibime:

Music is for relaxation,not ranting, and I don't listen to rappers with face tattoos

Lmao. Music don't have tattoos. But Ben Shapiro can spit bars
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 12:53am On Jan 28
bemeruca:

Lmao. Music don't have tattoos. But Ben Shapiro can spit bars

I turned off after 15 seconds to be honest when I saw the face tat guy deliberately going out of his way to provoke. I no dey mix entertainment with politics

As you say Ben Shapiro rap, I done go check am again. Ben verse was funny and what entertainment should be. He spit pass the face tat guy wey just dey rant upandan

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 1:00am On Jan 28
Ibime:

I turned off after 15 seconds to be honest when I saw the face tat guy deliberately going out of his way to provoke. I no dey mix entertainment with politics

As you say Ben Shapiro rap, I done go check am again. Ben verse was funny and what entertainment should be. He spit pass the face tat guy wey just dey rant upandan

I was surprised because Ben usually knock down rap music.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 3:28pm On Jan 28
basilico loco, the maga cultist that didn't fail to remind us Hunter Biden was a crackpot is nowhere to be found as we've learnt criminal trump white house was passing out fentanyl and other controlled drugs like Halloween candies.

How much shame can you endure?

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 3:32pm On Jan 28
Maga cultism is gradually dying a slow sad death but the underlying republican cruelty will still remain. Criminal trumpism is slowly ebbing out.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by JessicaRabbit(f): 5:40pm On Jan 28
basilico:

You come into this with absolute conviction that her story is true. In a following post, I also shared her tweets over time.She is a mentally sick woman .
She claims she can remember the dress she wore in 1994, it was never designed then.
Here is a more complete writeup of why this case is the worst travesty of justice in recent history. It is in agreement with that reddit user.

https://thenationalpulse.com/analysis-post/kassam-the-trump-carroll-case-is-blatantly-the-greatest-miscarriage-of-justice-in-modern-american-history/

You have to be a special one if you believe this crazy woman. What's a trial where you can't produce evidence to defend yourself.
She sued claiming death threats after Trump said she is not my type. She got threats on Twitter
What she admitted to was deleting tweets. Meaning she got threats before Trump made a statement. Her case is useless if she already had threats.

You seem to think I'm some die-hard Carroll fanatic, clinging to her every word. LOL. Relax, I'm simply admiring the flaws in your analysis. You see, it's all well and good to wave your dismissive paw, but where's the engagement with the actual evidence and arguments she presents? Don't tell me you're afraid to tumble down the rabbit hole of logic, are you? I see you still insist on playing the 'mentally sick woman' card. How cliché of you. And the article that you linked to is chock full of logical fallacies, ad hominem attacks, and unsubstantiated claims.

By the way, E. Jean isn't some random internet nobody. She's a published author and veteran Elle columnist with a 26-year track record. But hey, facts are the enemy of a good witch hunt, right? And let's not forget, she's just one of over 20 women who accused Trump of similar behavior. But sure, let's focus on her tweets because...reasons? And speaking of tweets, Carroll did not admit to deleting her tweets, but to archiving them. She explained that she did so to protect her privacy and safety, as some of the tweets contained personal information or abusive messages. But before you erupt with "censorship!" cries, consider this: those tweets are still lurking, like digital ghosts, ready to be summoned as evidence if need be. Furthermore, she claimed that Trump damaged her reputation and career by calling her a liar and implying that she was too unattractive to rape. The death threats she received on Twitter were a consequence of Trump's defamatory statements, not a motive for her lawsuit.

Oh, and while you're busy dissecting Carroll's fashion sense, you're missing the bigger picture. The dress isn't a museum exhibit, it's a symbol of courage, worn proudly like a warrior's armor. She didn't don it to impress Vogue editors in 2019, but to stare down her accuser and the world. Now, about that 1994 label mix-up? Let's not get hung up on fashion faux pas when we're talking about something far more profound. It's like nitpicking the wallpaper in a burning building. Focus on the flames, big guy, not the decor.

Thus far, all you've continued to do is make a barrage of accusations, while employing common tactics used to discredit and silence survivors of sexual assault, and it reflects the rape myths that pervade our culture. One of the rape myths that you seem to endorse is that rape is caused by the perpetrator's uncontrollable sexual urge, and that women who dress or act provocatively are inviting or deserving of rape. This is what Carroll was challenging when she said that rape is not sexy, but a violent crime. She was not implying that she enjoyed being raped, as you suggest, but that she was trying to cope with the trauma and stigma of being a survivor. She was also exposing the hypocrisy and double standards that exist in our society, where women are expected to be sexually attractive, but not sexually assertive. Your replies so far read more like clear attempts to discredit and silence Carroll, who is one of the many women who have accused Trump of sexual misconduct.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by JessicaRabbit(f): 6:05pm On Jan 28
budaatum:

I think you haven't recognised that Basilico just wants to consume your time with mulls 2000 and kraken.

You will in time.

I appreciate the concern, but sometimes wasting time might be what everyone needs. Besides, even a broken clock is right twice a day, and who knows, maybe this conversation is one of those times.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by zendi: 8:06pm On Jan 28
What cacotopian depth to which feral leftism is taking America's "justice" system.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/83-million-just-beginning-donald-trump-soldier-on
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 8:22pm On Jan 28
zendi:
What cacotopian depth to which feral leftism is taking America's "justice" system.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/83-million-just-beginning-donald-trump-soldier-on

So you think libel laws shouldn't be expanded? Because this has been a GOP pet project for a while.
You guys change positions like underwear. One may even say you don't really believe the things you say. And you only like laws when it benefits you.

"One of the things I'm going to do if I win, and I hope we do and we're certainly leading. I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money. We're going to open up those libel laws. So when The New York Times writes a hit piece which is a total disgrace or when The Washington Post, which is there for other reasons, writes a hit piece, we can sue them and win money instead of having no chance of winning because they're totally protected," Trump said.
https://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/02/donald-trump-libel-laws-219866

Florida legislative panel OKs bill making it easier to sue media, others for defamation
A bill making it easier to sue journalists and others for defamation is now making its way through the Florida Legislature and could pass this year.
Sponsored by Republican state Rep. Alex Andrade of Pensacola, the measure (HB 757) does not go as far as a well-publicized measure he pushed last session, which failed to go the distance despite having provisions that Gov. Ron DeSantis called for.
https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/politics/2024/01/18/florida-lawmakers-take-up-bill-making-it-easier-to-sue-for-defamation/72261955007/

[Supreme Court Justice] Clarence Thomas Renews Call for Reconsideration of Landmark Libel Ruling
The justice wrote that the decision, New York Times v. Sullivan, lets news organizations “cast false aspersions on public figures with near impunity.’”
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/10/us/clarence-thomas-libel-supreme-court.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 8:27pm On Jan 28
Wow! Republican Judge says criminal trump engaged in Insurrection.

I just can't wait for February 8th. Criminal trump will be disqualified, if not, then SCOTUS must explain if section 3 of the 14th amendment makes any more sense in the Constitution.

https://www.wbez.org/stories/trumps-candidacy-on-the-illinois-ballot-should-be-decided-by-the-courts-hearing-officer-says/e9af3a79-7e96-4429-8bf0-282833888bb2?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Web-Share

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 8:30pm On Jan 28
JessicaRabbit:

You seem to think I'm some die-hard Carroll fanatic, clinging to her every word. LOL. Relax, I'm simply admiring the flaws in your analysis. You see, it's all well and good to wave your dismissive paw, but where's the engagement with the actual evidence and arguments she presents? Don't tell me you're afraid to tumble down the rabbit hole of logic, are you? I see you still insist on playing the 'mentally sick woman' card. How cliché of you. And the article that you linked to is chock full of logical fallacies, ad hominem attacks, and unsubstantiated claims.

By the way, E. Jean isn't some random internet nobody. She's a published author and veteran Elle columnist with a 26-year track record. But hey, facts are the enemy of a good witch hunt, right? And let's not forget, she's just one of over 20 women who accused Trump of similar behavior. But sure, let's focus on her tweets because...reasons? And speaking of tweets, Carroll did not admit to deleting her tweets, but to archiving them. She explained that she did so to protect her privacy and safety, as some of the tweets contained personal information or abusive messages. But before you erupt with "censorship!" cries, consider this: those tweets are still lurking, like digital ghosts, ready to be summoned as evidence if need be. Furthermore, she claimed that Trump damaged her reputation and career by calling her a liar and implying that she was too unattractive to rape. The death threats she received on Twitter were a consequence of Trump's defamatory statements, not a motive for her lawsuit.

Oh, and while you're busy dissecting Carroll's fashion sense, you're missing the bigger picture. The dress isn't a museum exhibit, it's a symbol of courage, worn proudly like a warrior's armor. She didn't don it to impress Vogue editors in 2019, but to stare down her accuser and the world. Now, about that 1994 label mix-up? Let's not get hung up on fashion faux pas when we're talking about something far more profound. It's like nitpicking the wallpaper in a burning building. Focus on the flames, big guy, not the decor.

Thus far, all you've continued to do is make a barrage of accusations, while employing common tactics used to discredit and silence survivors of sexual assault, and it reflects the rape myths that pervade our culture. One of the rape myths that you seem to endorse is that rape is caused by the perpetrator's uncontrollable sexual urge, and that women who dress or act provocatively are inviting or deserving of rape. This is what Carroll was challenging when she said that rape is not sexy, but a violent crime. She was not implying that she enjoyed being raped, as you suggest, but that she was trying to cope with the trauma and stigma of being a survivor. She was also exposing the hypocrisy and double standards that exist in our society, where women are expected to be sexually attractive, but not sexually assertive. Your replies so far read more like clear attempts to discredit and silence Carroll, who is one of the many women who have accused Trump of sexual misconduct.

Damn, you really schooled basilico loco. I'm not sure he will recover from this grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 8:39pm On Jan 28
Obrigardo:
Wow! Republican Judge says criminal trump engaged in Insurrection.

I just can't wait for February 8th. Criminal trump will be disqualified, if not, then SCOTUS must explain if section 3 of the 14th amendment makes any more sense in the Constitution.

https://www.wbez.org/stories/trumps-candidacy-on-the-illinois-ballot-should-be-decided-by-the-courts-hearing-officer-says/e9af3a79-7e96-4429-8bf0-282833888bb2?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Web-Share

Let's see what the Supreme Court decides. I'm 50/50 on it. I would have liked the courts to have weighed in through a trial first (due process). But I am curious to read the decision to see how the Conservative court and their "originalism" tackle the constitutions words.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 8:40pm On Jan 28
JessicaRabbit:

Well written. Unfortunately it's too much logic for basilico.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 8:45pm On Jan 28
Obrigardo:
Maga cultism is gradually dying a slow sad death but the underlying republican cruelty will still remain. Criminal trumpism is slowly ebbing out.

I think she made a tactical error. Clearly if you listen to the tape it's obvious she was recording. She doesn't speak that way in real life. I'm shocked her language didn't clue the person she was speaking to to the fact he was being recorded.
But unfortunately for Lake, grifters want to be able to trust other grifters aren't recording them. And given the MAGA movement is made of mostly grifters, I can't believe she'll be openly welcome in those confidential spaces.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 8:47pm On Jan 28
3 US servicemen killed. This November will be interesting.
the US should start hitting Iran where it matters but Biden has been sending them money and freeing cash for them
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:50pm On Jan 28
JessicaRabbit:

I appreciate the concern, but sometimes wasting time might be what everyone needs. Besides, even a broken clock is right twice a day, and who knows, maybe this conversation is one of those times.

Entertainment, indeed.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:08pm On Jan 28

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 2:10am On Jan 29
IjeBos:

Mr. Self hater. It doesn't matter. That trial is done. Get it through you head. He lost that trial. Whether he defended himself, whether she was lying has no bearing on this defamation case as the Judge had to continuously remind Trump's lawyer. A smart person could have professed his innocence without defaming her. He chose to defame her being the idiot he is and got sued again. And he will continue to get sued over and over again because he can't control his mouth. He's used to bullying people who can't afford lawyers as most of the right are.

Something is wrong with you that you spend all this time defending this person in the most stupidest of ways.

You moral high ground. Jean Carroll lawyer Roberta Kaplan was a junior associate at a lawfirm where the judge was a senior partner. OK it lasted two years , I do know managing partners are always involved in recruitment of and performance of legal staff, the two obviously wirked as a team then, and in this trial too.An obvious conflict of interest that should have been declared before the names trial.
It's obvious now how judges and prosecutors interpret the law to fita crime that will rope in Trump and zco.
Alvin Bragg , twisted a law upgrading a misdemeanor to a felony, . Jackboot reinterprets the laws too, Fanni Willis uses expanded Georgia RICO to indict Trump $ Co. Some Jan 6 cases grounds have a hearing on their validity at SCOTUS currently.
This judge uses the previous trial to block any defence from Trump.
If stinks to high heavens.Engoron also determined the case without trial.
Thing there is a saying for those who can't snell the stink
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 2:31am On Jan 29
I don't know why they keep voting people who just care about power for all these years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxOsuHCVaf0

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 2:53am On Jan 29
basilico:

I can list many links from.politicians and experts opining on how voter ID harms the marginalized
On image below is the American Bar Association take, which is not a ragtag bunch of lawyers.
Seems like marginalized communities esp bleks have a problem obtaining an ID which is a requirement to buy alcohol. Or some form of ID for SSN, bank account holding or a driving licence. Please.
Next?

After this you might want to agree that the voter ID is a danger to democrats because they want illegal aliens to vote.
cc Timiofak ( You are a nice guy that can convert to MAGA) 😀😀😀.

Lmao. It is almost impossible for undocumented immigrants to vote

This is nonsense talk.

Even documented immigrants would not risk going to prison to vote

Think for crying out loud. Think

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 7:04am On Jan 29
When I say maga cultists are the dumbest people on Earth, some peeps think it's an Insult. But this is grounded in Facts!

Criminal trump supporters are the most silly, deranged, dense and most stupid people you'll ever see. They are so confidently dumb that it hurts for you to think people can just knowingly choose to be stupid.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4007) (4008) (4009) (4010) (4011) (4012) (4013) ... (4139) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: budaatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.