Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (4124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1598919 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4121) (4122) (4123) (4124) (4125) (4126) (4127) ... (4136) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 8:07pm On Apr 19
ijebosb:

Stop mentioning me in this nonsense.
To put Qanon and NYT in the same breath proves your illiteracy.
Share your illiteracy with your other illiterate friends.

What was the worst qanon wrote?
Worse than NYT?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 8:26pm On Apr 19
basilico:

What was the worst qanon wrote?
Worse than NYT?

A man ha set himself on fire again. A lot of sick people around.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 8:59pm On Apr 19
ijebosb:

Stop mentioning me in this nonsense.
To put Qanon and NYT in the same breath proves your illiteracy.
Share your illiteracy with your other illiterate friends.

NYT is a ragtag liberal piece.qanon is well known CIA disinformation .
Thank me later.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:00pm On Apr 19
bemeruca:

A man ha set himself on fire again. A lot of sick people around.

Must be a raging liberal.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 9:02pm On Apr 19
Criminal trump is just losing all round. While President Biden keeps showing America what a normal president does and his wins.

Just as confused as Criminal trump, the RNC are not even interested in voter outreach anymore 😂
Imagine Lara and co employing hundreds of lawyers to continue pushing the big lie in court. That's their goal now, not to win the election anymore. Criminal trump is so dumb he thinks he will bend the Constitution to suit his own will.

The rapist insurrectionist is unravelling in real time..

basilico loco, that makes it three times he slept at court. If I ever hear you say Sleepy Joe again 👋 to your bald head

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 9:06pm On Apr 19
basilico:

Thank me later.

I've never seen an oblivious stupid person before but you are a real cutie. I'm certain you are actually not in this world or reality as it is. Coz if you do, you'll be saying that the nyt is working for Criminal trump the way they have tried to cover for him through their very foverable coverage since late last year. 🤡
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:16pm On Apr 19
Obrigardo:

I've never seen an oblivious stupid person before but you are a real cutie. I'm certain you are actually not in this world or reality as it is. Coz if you do, you'll be saying that the nyt is working for Criminal trump the way they have tried to cover for him through their very foverable coverage since late last year. 🤡

That guy who set himself on fire is only a few degrees of insanity above you
Show me a single article NYT showing Trump in a very positive light .
In other news the unhinged AG Letitia wants Trump bond voided.
Insurer is not licensed to practice in new York

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 9:23pm On Apr 19
basilico:

That guy who set himself on fire is only a few degrees of insanity above you
Show me a single article NYT showing Trump in a very positive light .
In other news the unhinged AG Letitia wants Trump bond voided.
Insurer is not licensed to practice in new York

You are a real maga propagandist
The bond was suspicious as fúck. You suck man.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:25pm On Apr 19
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 9:27pm On Apr 19
basilico:

That's how stupid you people are.
I'm alarmed by this, coz one thing is no matter their identity democrats really don't want this extreme cultish violence and gory stuff. The fact that you and that child lover finds this interesting is because you fools are numb to it. You serve the orange rapist of course, so you lose moral compass.🤡🤡

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:58pm On Apr 19
ijebosb:
The dog that caught the car.
I'm sure all the Conservatives in this thread are pleased. Nevada can now ban Abortion during the 2024 election. (sarcasm).

I so love democracy. Nevadans can now vote to abolish abortions if that is what they want.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:04pm On Apr 19
basilico:

You think? The truth shall soon out.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 10:46pm On Apr 19
budaatum:

I so love democracy. Nevadans can now vote to abolish abortions if that is what they want.

Though, I don't think bodily rights should be state dependent, I do find it hilarious that all these "abortion is murder" folk now want some form of pro choice position. Basically they are saying, "we'll accept murder for 15 weeks because we don't want to lose the election". I guess it was never about principle.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 10:48pm On Apr 19
basilico:

Thank me later.

Yeah, this is the reason why most of the nonsense you right is always wrong.
Garbage in, Garbage out.
You are so oblivious it's scary.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:58pm On Apr 19
ijebosb:

Though, I don't think bodily rights should be state dependent, I do find it hilarious that all these "abortion is murder" folk now want some form of pro choice position. Basically they are saying, "we'll accept murder for 15 weeks because we don't want to lose the election". I guess it was never about principle.

But it is not state dependent, but dependent on a majority of we the people in a state, which is what democracy is.

Think death as a sentence for committing murder. We the people in a state can decide that any one who commits murder should be sentenced to death. It's why some states have such laws and many don't. We the people decided, and thankfully, most of us in most states have decided otherwise. And just like most countries don't have death sentence laws do most states not have anti-abortion laws because we the people decided.

It is the fear of we the people that has made the anti-abortion brigade become abortion at 15 weeks. Principles go out the window if it loses them power and seats, as they are showing us.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 11:23pm On Apr 19
ijebosb:

Garbage in, Garbage out.

"Write"

You are growing up. It's a good thing you know. It is a shame you are growing up at almost 50, it's a welcome development.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 12:27am On Apr 20
budaatum:

But it is not state dependent, but dependent on a majority of we the people in a state, which is what democracy is.

Think death as a sentence for committing murder. We the people in a state can decide that any one who commits murder should be sentenced to death. It's why some states have such laws and many don't. We the people decided, and thankfully, most of us in most states have decided otherwise. And just like most countries don't have death sentence laws do most states not have anti-abortion laws because we the people decided.

It is the fear of we the people that has made the anti-abortion brigade become abortion at 15 weeks. Principles go out the window if it loses them power and seats, as they are showing us.

We are the United States of America. So the will of people would encompass all the people of the USA right not just by state?
But the question is, is bodily rights an inherent civil right which shouldn't be left up to the whims of a majority of people in each individual state but guaranteed to everyone in the country? There was a time when a portion of the country thought slavery should have been a states rights issue as well.

This election will be a good test for the abortion is murder crowd.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 12:40am On Apr 20
ijebosb:

We are the United States of America. So the will of people would encompass all the people of the USA right not just by state?

Actually, you are the Federal Republic of the United States of America, so the will of the people encompasses what the states will to the federation.

What the Supreme Court decided regarding the abolition of Roe v Wade is that every state should decide for itself, which is not the stance that was taken regarding slavery for obvious reasons.

ijebosb:
But the question is, is bodily rights an inherent civil right which shouldn't be left up to the whims of a majority of people in each individual state but guaranteed to everyone in the country? There was a time when a portion of the country thought slavery should have been a states rights issue as well.

This election will be a good test for the abortion is murder crowd.
Those obvious reasons are established by the constitution of the United States of America.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

You can't continue to justify enslaving some unless you decide that "ourselves" excludes some.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 1:07am On Apr 20
budaatum:

Actually, you are the Federal Republic of the United States of America, so the will of the people encompasses what the states will to the federation.

What the Supreme Court decided regarding the abolition of Roe v Wade is that every state should decide for itself, which is not the stance that was taken regarding slavery for obvious reasons.

Those obvious reasons are established by the constitution of the United States of America.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

You can't continue to justify enslaving some unless you decide that "ourselves" excludes some.

We are a Federal Republic and thus there are certain powers abrogated to the federal government and others left to the states. Fundamental rights shouldn't be left to the states or be able to be given or taken away on the whims of 9 people. Before this ruling was Roe v. Wade which did define abortion as a fundamental right under the right to Privacy enshrined in the 14th amendment.

The 3/5 compromise in fact enshrined slavery in the constitution. The obvious difference was the civil war. My point is even the framers got it wrong for ideological reasons as did this supreme court.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 3:01am On Apr 20
ijebosb:

Garbage in, Garbage out.

You are a victim of media manipulation. I hope one day you will realize just how much BS disguised as news is oit there. Especially from NYT.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 3:28am On Apr 20
basilico:

You are a victim of media manipulation. I hope one day you will realize just how much BS disguised as news is oit there. Especially from NYT.

One day 😂

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 5:45am On Apr 20
ijebosb:

We are a Federal Republic and thus there are certain powers abrogated to the federal government and others left to the states. Fundamental rights shouldn't be left to the states or be able to be given or taken away on the whims of 9 people. Before this ruling was Roe v. Wade which did define abortion as a fundamental right under the right to Privacy enshrined in the 14th amendment.

The 3/5 compromise in fact enshrined slavery in the constitution. The obvious difference was the civil war. My point is even the framers got it wrong for ideological reasons as did this supreme court.

Point is the current 9 people on the Supreme Court (though only 5 I think) has now established that having an abortion is not a fundamental right. But like the constitution framers that initially got the 3/5 compromise wrong, this too can be rectified by we the people at an election, which I have no problem with.

Not all states will abolish abortions, and like in slavery times, one can always migrate to a state that doesn't abolish abortions, and much easier too than migrating from a state that did not abolish slavery. And states that make abortion illegal will eventually suffer from their abolishing action, since those who believe abortion should be a fundamental right will mass migrate to pro-abortionist states, and companies will be reluctant to set up business in those states because their products and shares will be boycotted by the pro-abortionists, and those companies will have a smaller pool from which to hire from which will economically disadvantage those states.

It is a pity that some America states are stepping backwards into Handmaid's Tale territory, but I believe the consequences will make them moderate themselves, just as the "abortion is murder" brigade are gradually becoming 15 weekers.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 7:13am On Apr 20
budaatum:

Point is the current 9 people on the Supreme Court (though only 5 I think) has now established that having an abortion is not a fundamental right. But like the constitution framers that initially got the 3/5 compromise wrong, this too can be rectified by we the people at an election, which I have no problem with.

Not all states will abolish abortions, and like in slavery times, one can always migrate to a state that doesn't abolish abortions, and much easier too than migrating from a state that did not abolish slavery. And states that make abortion illegal will eventually suffer from their abolishing action, since those who believe abortion should be a fundamental right will mass migrate to pro-abortionist states, and companies will be reluctant to set up business in those states because their products and shares will be boycotted by the pro-abortionists, and those companies will have a smaller pool from which to hire from which will economically disadvantage those states.

It is a pity that some America states are stepping backwards into Handmaid's Tale territory, but I believe the consequences will make them moderate themselves, just as the "abortion is murder" brigade are gradually becoming 15 weekers.

Abortion is a human right..Sometimes i think you got your panties in a wad.

This does not please you at all.

A new study finds that more than 30,000 babies have been born that would have otherwise been aborted since the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe V. Wade.

This is what makes you happy an delirious.

Released on Tuesday, the 2022-2023 report, titled “Above & Beyond,” shows that Planned Parenthood performed 392,715 abortions between Oct. 1, 2021, and Sept. 30, 2022. This is an increase of 18,560 — or 5% — from the previous report, which showed 374,155 abortions in a one-year period.
Out of those 392K babies how many could have been avoided. Note, married couples do have a lot of unplanned pregnancies too.

How woul you feel if your mom in a moment of anger told you that she regrets having walked away minutes before aborting you? Or your father beating up your mom for not aborting you.Whats prevented from conception by contraceptives is not the same as whats gotten rid off via abortion.
Sometimes lets just be reasonable and unselfish.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 7:17am On Apr 20
basilico:

A new study finds that more than 30,000 babies have been born that would have otherwise been aborted since the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe V. Wade.

Released on Tuesday, the 2022-2023 report, titled “Above & Beyond,” shows that Planned Parenthood performed 392,715 abortions between Oct. 1, 2021, and Sept. 30, 2022. This is an increase of 18,560 — or 5% — from the previous report, which showed 374,155 abortions in a one-year period.
Out of those 392K babies hoe many could have been avoided. Note, married couples do have a lot of unplanned pregnancies too.

Maga cultist segue-ways into a topic he's comfortably bigoted in.

Meanwhile his Criminal overlord is now on a new lane - Farting in court after taking in heavy doses of sleep 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😭😭🤣🤣

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 7:20am On Apr 20
Obrigardo:

Maga cultist segue-ways into a topic he's comfortably bigoted in.

Meanwhile his Criminal overlord is now on a new lane - Farting in court after taking in heavy doses of sleep 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😭😭🤣🤣

I have a feeling the jury will find him guilty but an appeals court will overturn the verdict. Because they can and with no evidence .Happy?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 7:24am On Apr 20
basilico:

I have a feeling the jury will find him guilty but an appeals court will overturn the verdict.Happy?

😂😂😂🤣😭😭🤣🤣

You are funny 🤡

Count the times the NY Appeals court overturned the verdict against the Criminal in the past and recent past, try.

Maga Cultist thinks the court is a racket zone 😂
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 7:40am On Apr 20
Obrigardo:

😂😂😂🤣😭😭🤣🤣

You are funny 🤡

Count the times the NY Appeals court overturned the verdict against the Criminal in the past and recent past, try.

Maga Cultist thinks the court is a racket zone 😂

Uncountable. In all those appeals the majority if not all bench judges were appointed by Clinton or Obama. Correct me if I'm wrong
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 8:56am On Apr 20
budaatum:

You think? The truth shall soon out.

The man is a virulent Trump hater.
He supports Obama and Bernie Sanders.
What?? Don’t f—king resist Donald Trump! REJECT Donald Trump. Laugh at the rotten farce of an idea of Donald Trump having any power over you. F—kin duh,” Azzarallo wrote.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:01am On Apr 20
basilico:
Breaking. All 7 jurors so far in Alvin Bragg case get their news from NYT or Google..
This is a kangaroo court. Some have pledged impartiality but ousted after their anti Trump social media activities were discovered.
Sham judge, prosecutor and liberal jury.
These deep stators want to jail Trump for sure.

All they need is the 12 jurors to find trump guilty. They want to strip him of Secret Service Protection.

Democrat Rep. Bennie Thompson introduced a resolution that would terminate Trump’s Secret Service protection. The legislation dubbed the “Denying Infinite Security and Government Resources Allocated toward Convicted and Extremely Dishonorable (DISGRACED) Former Protectees Act would apply to all Secret Service protectees convicted and sentenced under felony charges.

“The DISGRACED Former Protectees Act would terminate Secret Service protection for individuals who otherwise qualify for it upon sentencing following conviction for a Federal or State felony,” the announcement said.

The democrats are just evil.
Why they hate Trump so much?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 12:48pm On Apr 20
basilico:

Would you like to ban condoms and the pill since more babies were unborn because of them?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 3:04pm On Apr 20
budaatum:

Agree what the current situation is, but to me it is akin to having states decide if black people should vote. It's ridiculous.

I wasn't sure comparing slavery migration to abortion migration was apt. But the more I thought about it, it is. Just like slavery migration, abortion migration isn't easy if at all possible. A lot of slaves died during slavery and trying to migrate to states that were free, a lot of women will die (and have died) with preventable/treatable pregnancy issues and will die in transit to states that do allow abortion.

But, sometimes I think you talk of race/slavery issues in a very facile way.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 3:27pm On Apr 20

(1) (2) (3) ... (4121) (4122) (4123) (4124) (4125) (4126) (4127) ... (4136) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.