Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (4122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1591120 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4119) (4120) (4121) (4122) (4123) (4124) (4125) ... (4134) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:39pm On Apr 17
ijebosb:

Everything you said relies on the fact that institutional racism doesn't exist. How do you get justice when 1.) You can't afford a lawyer(your poor after all) and even if you could, the lawyers in your area are scared to take the case. 2.) the whole Police Department is racist. 3.) The Justices on the courts are racist 4.) And the appeals court decides not to take appeals from black people? Welcome to small town living. Where does this justice come from?

Now all those things I've mentioned, I didn't make up. Those are situations that have happened and most of them I've posted in this thread. You're speaking from a place of privilege which allows you to believe that you can affect how a racist person treats you. And it's your fault if you're the victim of racism. And honestly I find that highly offensive.

See my response to the stupid idiot, and here's another link about it.
https://www.nairaland.com/4508641/american-politics-thread-2024-elections/2330#102302250

I disagree with your gaslighting that "it's your fault if you're the victim of racism", since I never said any such thing. But yes, I do indeed speak "from a place of privilege".

35-40 years ago, I was constantly stopped just for driving a Ford Gti, which was considered to be a high performance car that I was assumed to be too young (and black) to drive. One week alone I had 3 producers to present my insurance and license at a police station within 14 days so I did. I gave the cop the first one and he registered my documents, then I gave him the second and he registered my documents again, and then I gave him the third one, and even he was shocked I had three in such a short time, and he was pissed I hadn't given him all 3 in one go. It was the last producer I ever had.

I was also once stopped for speeding though I wasn't speeding. It was an underpass on my way home from uni that I knew had cameras and I wasn't stupid. Cops checked my license and asked where I was from, so I gave my address, and was then asked where my parents were from "with a name like that", to wit I asked what my parents had to do with them stopping me. They then asked if they could search my car, and on finding nothing they said my tire had a gash on the side and was therefore defective and they gave me a fine with points on my license and 2 weeks to contest it if I would. So I wrote to the court what I've stated above, and that I'd brushed against the kerb on my way home and my tire fixer was just down the road where I was going to get my tire fixed as I didn't want to stop in the middle of a highway.

At court, the judge asked me if I was guilty or not, and I said I wasn't, so he asked the police to present their case and the lawyer for the police said the policeman who stopped me had refused to appear in court to testify, so the case was thrown out. Numerous times after that police would follow me for a while and eventually drive off because when they radio in to check my details they discover I've had producers and I'm not someone they can easily push over, I eventually found.

If I live in a small town where everyone is racist, then I would seriously need to check my head and ask why that's the town I choose to live and work in when I can very easily move my black ass elsewhere. But these days, one can sue for loss of earnings and mental health distress and for one's legal fees too, and I'm sure I can find an out of town lawyer to help me sue if I have evidence to prove the bus driver did not let me on the bus because of the colour of my skin, which I would have these days because the bus would likely have it's own CCTV showing the bus driver being racist, and the incentive for the lawyer is that he can sue for cost so it costs me nothing if I win.

That racist cretin of 35 years ago outsmarted me and I learnt from it and have since placed myself in the privileged position I am now in such that never again ever since, you see. In fact, it's like your "you can't know a place if you haven't lived there", same as I wouldn't know what to do if I hadn't had the experience I had that taught me what to do.

Fuq with me then, shame on you, but I'd be ashamed if I'm fuq with now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:46pm On Apr 17
bemeruca:

You also talked to me about not calling you names ....

You can call me whatever you want as you do, and it would be water off the back of a duck, because as far as I am concerned you just are an irrelevant insignificant stupid toerag.

What you wouldn't get is me bothering to let you waste my time for days on end, which is what I wish Ijebos wouldn't let you do to him.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:08pm On Apr 17
budaatum:

He's been a right laugh.
https://twitter.com/MikeCrispiNJ/status/1772764447901102411

Time to start trading it's volatility, though I do plan to just watch.

The classic Madoff sticks have appeared, so important that this is the time to sell everything.
It's heading for a massive fall in the next 5+ cycles, 10 if I'm generous.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:16pm On Apr 17
The republiqan maga party is not a serious party.
Just watching the decaying posture of majorie three toes Greene. This result is going to shatter her apart. She's been quite the enemy of the state in her rsbn interviews. Now watch how this is going to yank her apart. The house has stopped her every way she has went and the only time she ever did something useful was voting against her own speaker. She has lost so much to Congress I just can't count. Maga Cultists are true idiots

With 7 months to election. I fear she'll become the worst, the fall will be worse than lauren bobbert's.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by armyofone(m): 10:17pm On Apr 17
budaatum:

https://www.nairaland.com/4508641/american-politics-thread-2024-elections/2330#102302250

I disagree with your gaslighting that "it's your fault if you're the victim of racism", since I never said any such thing. But yes, I do indeed speak "from a place of privilege".

35-40 years ago, I was constantly stopped just for driving a Ford Gti, which was considered to be a high performance car that I was assumed to be too young (and black) to drive. One week alone I had 3 producers to present my insurance and license at a police station within 14 days so I did. I gave the cop the first one and he registered my documents, then I gave him the second and he registered my documents again, and then I gave him the third one, and even he was shocked I had three in such a short time, and he was pissed I hadn't given him all 3 in one go. It was the last producer I ever had.

I was also once stopped for speeding though I wasn't speeding. It was an underpass on my way home from uni that I knew had cameras and I wasn't stupid. Cops checked my license and asked where I was from, so I gave my address, and was then asked where my parents were from "with a name like that", to wit I asked what my parents had to do with them stopping me. They then asked if they could search my car, and on finding nothing they said my tire had a gash on the side and was therefore defective and they gave me a fine with points on my license and 2 weeks to contest it if I would. So I wrote to the court what I've stated above, and that I'd brushed against the kerb on my way home and my tire fixer was just down the road where I was going to get my tire fixed as I didn't want to stop in the middle of a highway.

At court, the judge asked me if I was guilty or not, and I said I wasn't, so he asked the police to present their case and the lawyer for the police said the policeman who stopped me had refused to appear in court to testify, so the case was thrown out. Numerous times after that police would follow me for a while and eventually drive off because when they radio in to check my details they discover I've had producers and I'm not someone they can easily push over, I eventually found.

If I live in a small town where everyone is racist, then I would seriously need to check my head and ask why that's the town I choose to live and work in when I can very easily move my black ass elsewhere. But these days, one can sue for loss of earnings and mental health distress and for one's legal fees too, and I'm sure I can find an out of town lawyer to help me sue if I have evidence to prove the bus driver did not let me on the bus because of the colour of my skin, which I would have these days because the bus would likely have it's own CCTV showing the bus driver being racist, and the incentive for the lawyer is that he can sue for cost so it costs me nothing if I win.

That racist cretin of 35 years ago outsmarted me and I learnt from it and have since placed myself in the privileged position I am now in such that never again ever since, you see. In fact, it's like your "you can't know a place if you haven't lived there", same as I wouldn't know what to do if I hadn't had the experience I had that taught me what to do.

Moving 🙏

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:21pm On Apr 17
budaatum:

This is why I love liberty and the idea of it. The chance to be free and know what freedom is about. I sincerely believe Ijebos is going to cross arms with you here. ❤️

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:45pm On Apr 17
You guys need to see the video
He deflated majorie three toes on national TV. A wrecking ball is coming for her.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:46pm On Apr 17
Obrigardo:
The republiqan maga party is not a serious party.
Just watching the decaying posture of majorie three toes Greene. This result is going to shatter her apart. She's been quite the enemy of the state in her rsbn interviews. Now watch how this is going to yank her apart. The house has stopped her every way she has went and the only time she ever did something useful was voting against her own speaker. She has lost so much to Congress I just can't count. Maga Cultists are true idiots

With 7 months to election. I fear she'll become the worst, the fall will be worse than lauren bobbert's.

Pity. I was looking forward to watching MTG try to prosecute Mayorkas in the Senate.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:49pm On Apr 17
This is going to backfire so hard on republiqans and maga faction.

Now the question that's gonna dominate everyone'ss lips is when are Republicans passing the border bill NOW?

I just fear the rebound effect will be the violent maga rep members who would table Mike johnson before the pivotal aid vote.

These maga cultists are that wicked.

Cc: basilico loco

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:53pm On Apr 17
budaatum:

Pity. I was looking forward to watching MTG try to prosecute Mayorkas in the Senate.

It would have been a shame to America because it would have been the best entertainment. But now Congress has wised up and agree that republiqans can't govern.

It's a shame the vote was 51-49. No sane person would impeach Mayorkas while Criminal trump and Mike johnson were stopping critical border bill to pass, one that would make Mayorkas work much easier.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 11:37pm On Apr 17
budaatum:

You can call me whatever you want as you do, and it would be water off the back of a duck, because as far as I am concerned you just are an irrelevant insignificant stupid toerag.

What you wouldn't get is me bothering to let you waste my time for days on end, which is what I wish Ijebos wouldn't let you do to him.

Well, I made it known here about 3 years ago. No one is relevant here and I am here to troll and get under the skin of hypocrites like you. This thread makes me laugh.

I have long said our minds are made up and no one will convince another on what to believe. Our biases are ironclad.
Me calling you whatever I want stems from your glee towards child grooming and other peso crap you support on this thread.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 11:41pm On Apr 17
budaatum:

You maths is racist as usual.

Here's a link to remind your stupid self.

https://www.nairaland.com/4508641/american-politics-thread-2024-elections/2331#102308219

And thanks for providing this link, because I was talking sense to someone who sees himself as a victim now I am surprised your tone has changed. Maybe I did make an I'm impact on you 😂
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 12:45am On Apr 18
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 2:14am On Apr 18
bemeruca:
See the idiots Google employs.
https://twitter.com/KassyDillon/status/1780424513810812967?t=RgWWb_zpx9GlN0ryuUlnhA&s=19

Results of indoctrination and DEI .
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 3:13am On Apr 18
Confirmations. J6. National guard DC was ready to deploy to Capitol but were intentionally delayed for more than 4 hours
4 whistleblowers testified to house committee yesterday.
The sham J6 committee never listened to these whistleblowers.
Remember Pelosi and DC mayor rejected the 10,000 National Guard Trump offered . They wanted chaos, they got it .Feds had provocateurs in the crowd. They have never caught the guy who planted the pipe bombs.They have his car licence plates though.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 3:32am On Apr 18
Breaking. All 7 jurors so far in Alvin Bragg case get their news from NYT or Google..
This is a kangaroo court. Some have pledged impartiality but ousted after their anti Trump social media activities were discovered.
Sham judge, prosecutor and liberal jury.
These deep stators want to jail Trump for sure.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 4:06am On Apr 18
budaatum:

I don't fully understand what a "producer" is. But, I am sorry to hear your experiences. Sounds similar to my experiences in the US.
But as you said, those experiences gave you perspective and privilege.
Like you, I'm equally privileged that I have the ability manipulate people's racism. But I am also understand I am uniquely situated to do such.

Not everyone is as intelligent as you or has the strength and know-how that it would take to cross oceans to reside in another country or even just move from a small town. You aren't in the mainstream and thus there are a lot of people who don't know nor have the ability to pull the levels of power needed to properly respond to racism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 5:15am On Apr 18
ijebosb:

I don't fully understand what a "producer" is. But, I am sorry to hear your experiences. Sounds similar to my experiences in the US.
But as you said, those experiences gave you perspective and privilege.
Like you, I'm equally privileged that I have the ability manipulate people's racism. But I am also understand I am uniquely situated to do such.

Not everyone is as intelligent as you or has the strength and know-how that it would take to cross oceans to reside in another country or even just move from a small town. You aren't in the mainstream and thus there are a lot of people who don't know nor have the ability to pull the levels of power needed to properly respond to racism.

A producer is a document police give you to go produce your documents at a station. And you did ask what I would do, which does depend on my knowledge and my ability and my status in life.

I wasn't always this privileged, as you have seen, but I sure am now. Golly, if a racist bus driver in UK stops me getting on the bus today, I'd probably go stand in front of the bus so it can't move and we'd sort it out when the cops arrive. But to be honest with you, I doubt any bus driver would be so stupid as to not let a black person on a bus in UK just because of the colour of their skin.

We don't have the situation you described where everyone in a small town including the police, would be so blatantly racist because we've had our Black Lives Matter decades ago and people have learnt not to be so racist. These days, other white folks on the bus and at the bus stop would raise a stink if it happened.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 5:36am On Apr 18
budaatum:

A producer is a document police give you to go produce your documents at a station. And you did ask what I would do, which does depend on my knowledge and my ability and my status in life.

I wasn't always this privileged, as you have seen, but I sure am now. Golly, if a racist bus driver in UK stops me getting on the bus today, I'd probably go stand in front of the bus so it can't move and we'd sort it out when the cops arrive. But to be honest with you, I doubt any bus driver would be so stupid as to not let a black person on a bus in UK just because of the colour of their skin.

We don't have the situation you described where everyone in a small town including the police, would be so blatantly racist because we've had our Black Lives Matter decades ago and people have learnt not to be so racist. These days, other white folks on the bus and at the bus stop would raise a stink if it happened.

I really changed and talked sense into you. U don't need you to thank me. Just don't be the professional victim you once was.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 6:41am On Apr 18
basilico:

Results of indoctrination and DEI .

Google is shocked by the behavior of people they helped produce in the US, they encourage this kind of behavior not knowing it will bite them one day.

The United States is a dead country as it stands. I mean most of the West thanks to Liberals or the left
Google has fired 28 employees who staged in sit-in which was protesting the company’s $1.2 billion cloud contract with Israeli government.

Nine employees were also arrested.

In a note sent to employees the company says: “If you're one of the few who are tempted to think we're going to overlook conduct that violates our policies, think again.”

Googlers,

You may have seen reports of protests at some of our offices yesterday. Unfortunately, a number of employees brought the event into our buildings in New York and Sunnyvale. They took over office spaces, defaced our property, and physically impeded the work of other Googlers.

Their behavior was unacceptable, extremely disruptive, and made coworkers feel threatened. We placed employees involved under investigation and cut their access to our systems. Those who refused to leave were arrested by law enforcement and removed from our offices.

Following investigation, today we terminated the employment of twenty-eight employees found to be involved. We will continue to investigate and take action as needed.

Behavior like this has no place in our workplace and we will not tolerate it. It clearly violates multiple policies that all employees must adhere to - including our Code of Conduct and Policy on Harassment, Discrimination, Retaliation, Standards of Conduct, and Workplace Concerns.

We are a place of business and every Googler is expected to read our policies and apply them to how they conduct themselves and communicate in our workplace. The overwhelming majority of our employees do the right thing. If you're one of the few who are tempted to think we're going to overlook conduct that violates our policies, think again. The company takes this extremely seriously, and we will continue to apply our longstanding policies to take action against disruptive behavior — up to and including termination.

You should expect to hear more from leaders about standards of behavior and discourse in the workplace.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 11:09am On Apr 18
basilico:
Breaking. All 7 jurors so far in Alvin Bragg case get their news from NYT or Google..
This is a kangaroo court. Some have pledged impartiality but ousted after their anti Trump social media activities were discovered.
Sham judge, prosecutor and liberal jury.
These deep stators want to jail Trump for sure.

LMAO! Are you stupid? Were Trump’s lawyers not given the same opportunity to vet the jurors the DA had?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:38pm On Apr 18
bemeruca:

I really changed and talked sense into you. U don't need you to thank me. Just don't be the professional victim you once was.

Would love to tell you to stop being the stupid idiot you always have been but it would be a waste of time.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 3:32pm On Apr 18
budaatum:

Interesting, the US doesn't have anything similar to that. You're supposed to carry certain documents and they can look up other deets on a database. Outside of that they would write you a ticket and then you could appeal it in court. Learned something new.

When I was in the UK not to long ago on one of my 1 day layovers, I stayed at a hotel near the airport. A friend went to dinner with me and spent the night. The next AM I walked her to the train to head to work. She was obviously dressed up, suit etc for her corporate finance gig. Me, I was in shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops (I just got out of bed and walking her was a last minute decision). The train arrived and as I waiting to enter (was going to ride with her), the guy on the platform (not sure what he's called), walked over, told me the train was full and to step off. Just me. It wasn't, it was just taking time as someone was blocking the entrance. I asked why, he wouldn't answer and the train took off. My friend stepped off before then. He started walking off and I confronted him. I was so confused. The train was clearly not full. Felt like there was something I was missing. I had stern words for him, pisssed my friend was now late for work, and he looked over at her and asked why she was with me. And then it all made sense. She was this white woman, cleary doing well for herself by the way she was dressed with her LV purse, and I was this black guy in shorts and a t-shirt at 8 am of a workday on a platform with other people who looked and dressed similar to her. She saw the look in my eyes and calmed me down. She was confused and taken aback as well. We waited for the train and I took off. She was late and I was embarrassed. I went and found him when the train took off to exact a toll, we had a round of terse conversation. I got his info and then realized the pernicious thing about racism. Though, to me it was clear what he had done. He could stand behind the fact that he believed the train was full and needed to let the train move on to get to it's destination on time. I was in London for a about 10 more hours. So that was that.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 3:47pm On Apr 18
I swear the universe or maybe Twitter is keylogging me.
I saw these two twitter posts this AM.

1.) https://www.theroot.com/evilest-white-woman-on-earth-the-criminal-injustice-1826220942
2.) A Republican TPUSA ambassador proud of her daughter saying the N word.

This is America

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 3:55pm On Apr 18
budaatum:

Would love to tell you to stop being the stupid idiot you always have been but it would be a waste of time.

I don't need your thank you. At least for once you sounded like a man yesterday. We know you like to say your body your choice with a photo or painting of a vagina. Just know you are not a female. Do you need me to talk sense to you again?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 3:56pm On Apr 18
ijebosb:

1.) https://www.theroot.com/evilest-white-woman-on-earth-the-criminal-injustice-1826220942

This is America

Why are you gay? Almost 50, no children n brag about living in your parents house.

Why are you a loser?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 4:02pm On Apr 18
ijebosb:

Interesting, the US doesn't have anything similar to that. You're supposed to carry certain documents and they can look up other deets on a database. Outside of that they would write you a ticket and then you could appeal it in court. Learned something new.

When I was in the UK not to long ago on one of my 1 day layovers, I stayed at a hotel near the airport. A friend went to dinner with me and spent the night. The next AM I walked her to the train to head to work. She was obviously dressed up, suit etc for her corporate finance gig. Me, I was in shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops (I just got out of bed and walking her was a last minute decision). The train arrived and as I waiting to enter (was going to ride with her), the guy on the platform (not sure what he's called), walked over, told me the train was full and to step off. Just me. It wasn't, it was just taking time as someone was blocking the entrance. I asked why, he wouldn't answer and the train took off. My friend stepped off before then. He started walking off and I confronted him. I was so confused. The train was clearly not full. Felt like there was something I was missing. I had stern words for him, pisssed my friend was now late for work, and he looked over at her and asked why she was with me. And then it all made sense. She was this white woman, cleary doing well for herself by the way she was dressed with her LV purse, and I was this black guy in shorts and a t-shirt at 8 am of a workday on a platform with other people who looked and dressed similar to her. She saw the look in my eyes and calmed me down. She was confused and taken aback as well. We waited for the train and I took off. She was late and I was embarrassed. I went and found him when the train took off to exact a toll, we had a round of terse conversation. I got his info and then realized the pernicious thing about racism. Though, to me it was clear what he had done. He could stand behind the fact that he believed the train was full and needed to let the train move on to get to it's destination on time. I was in London for a about 10 more hours. So that was that.

What! Never ever heard of this before!

I guess you haven't lived here and so don't know how things work (that's a dig grin), though your girlfriend should have known if she lived here.

If a platform staff on any train tells anyone here to step off because the train was full, they be asked how they can be on the train if it were full!

Regardless, platform staff don't have any such authority, and the fact he asked why your girlfriend was with you is enough to get him sacked or at least reprimanded, if you had had the time to follow through that is. I can just imagine him saying that to a Jamaican or a Brit Black. He'd likely get punched in the face too.

Racism is often not overt. But we Brits have our Racism Radars with which we detect it these days, and any whiff of it is opposed.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 4:17pm On Apr 18
ijebosb:

Your train story is a lie and you know it 🤣🤣🤣
Even buda is not buying it.
TFL staff ask you to get out 🤣
Buda is also doubting your GF talk. You always have a girlfriend every corner of the globe. And you are 46+ without children 🤣

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 4:34pm On Apr 18
budaatum:

What! Never ever heard of this before!

I guess you haven't lived here and so don't know how things work (that's a dig grin), though your girlfriend should have known if she lived here.

If a platform staff on any train tells anyone here to step off because the train was full, they be asked how they can be on the train if it were full!

Regardless, platform staff don't have any such authority, and the fact he asked why your girlfriend was with you is enough to get him sacked or at least reprimanded, if you had had the time to follow through that is. I can just imagine him saying that to a Jamaican or a Brit Black. He'd likely get punched in the face too.

Racism is often not overt. But we Brits have our Racism Radars with which we detect it these days, and any whiff of it is opposed.

Har Har.
I've ridden trains there. This guy was on the platform and not on the train. Was never on the train. Came from the side of me. I'm not sure how it works or what his job was. We don't have them in the US. But he was still there on the platform after the 2nd train she got on left, as I found him to "chat" with him

And yes, that's the thing about racism. I had to check with myself to figure if I did something wrong. Did I miss something, was I riding the train the wrong way, etc. My friend, sorta embarrassed, with the requisite privilege to see the best in people's actions, tried to downplay it as the trains there have to be/are on time. So, maybe he just wanted it to move along. That was strained.

But asking "why she was with me", said it all. And honestly, I was furious, what saved him was my fake corporate side kicked in; I wasn't sure if one of her clients, bosses, etc. was on that train.

Edit: Added the Whatsapp of the Chat after the incident.. for the people like self haters like Bemeruca who'll use anything to doubt racism. This gives the counters of the story. We didn't get into it as we chatted later on. The girl didn't take it seriously then or was trying to calm me down or was concerned as I was taking the same train to the airport. Who knows. Actually going to reach out to her later tonight and get her perspective on it again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 4:34pm On Apr 18
ijebosb:

This is America

That is indeed America, where some are afraid of being replaced. It's probably because they are afraid of reaping the results of having replaced others themselves.

People in America might not understand why the likes of Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon end up in jail so much. It's because, unlike America, we learn from our past and from that of other nations, and we generally stand up for our neighbours regardless of race or gender or tribe etc.

I'd say London is like the crown jewel of cities and the last place to expect a brown/black foreigner to be mayor in. Yet here we are with Muslim Sadiq Khan as Mayor, and Hindu Sadiq Khan as Prime Minister of UK, and Muslim Humza Yousaf as First Minister of Scotland, and Zambia born Vaughan Gething as First Minister of Wales. And none of them are white.

This, is indeed Great Britain. And all that's needed is a Muslim from Northern Nigeria to lead in Northern Ireland so I'd be able to say 'This is United Kingdom' too.

We do not have the legacy of slavery and black oppression that USA has, so any official using the N word will immediately be disofficialised.

It's even a crime to unofficially direct it's use to a person of colour (as some describe us).

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 4:44pm On Apr 18
ijebosb:

Har Har.
I've ridden trains there. This guy was on the platform and not on the train. Was never on the train. Came from the side of me. I'm not sure how it works or what his job was. We don't have them in the US. But he was still there on the platform after the 2nd train she got on left, as I found him to "chat" with him

And yes, that's the thing about racism. I had to check with myself to figure if I did something wrong. Did I miss something, was I riding the train the wrong way, etc. My friend, sorta embarrassed, with the requisite privilege to see the best in people's actions, tried to downplay it as the trains there have to be/are on time. So, maybe he just wanted it to move along. That was strained.

But asking "why she was with me", said it all. And honestly, I was furious, what saved him was my fake corporate side kicked in; I wasn't sure if one of her clients, bosses, etc. was on that train.

You gf is black too
Although it never happened but your victim card is overcharged 🤣

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 4:47pm On Apr 18
ijebosb:

I'm not sure how it works or what his job was.

The above is the key point. If you knew how it worked, you'd have likely told him where to go.

I've never been to USA, and don't particularly like the culture of the place. It's economically first world over there, but some things are just so backward. I lived and worked in Mexico City for a year and still never bothered. I'm scared someone might talk nonsense to me then shoot me when I talk back, which is not a fear I'd have in UK because no one has the right to carry. You just need to note how no one is trying to take over anyone's womb in UK like some are there to understand how far back USA is going.

If it were up to me, 'God bless America' would become 'God save America', from its self.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4119) (4120) (4121) (4122) (4123) (4124) (4125) ... (4134) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.