Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (516) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1588452 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (4134) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 4:53pm On May 25, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

Now i absolutely agree with you. Badmouthing Nigeria will not solve the problem because we are dual citizens.

I see naija as my first home and USA my second but despite all the problems in naija i will never kill my home country with my own words
Telling the truth is not badmouthing. Nigeria will never measure up with the kind of leaderships they have been having for couple generations. How can a country so blessed by nature get into a mess of being one of the worst poorly run countries in the world.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AfonjaBoston: 4:57pm On May 25, 2020
Abbeybailey:
Telling the truth is not badmouthing. Nigeria will never measure up with the kind of leaderships they have been having for couple generations. How can a country so blessed by nature get into a mess of being one of the worst poorly run countries in the world.

Bad leadership and that is fixable. It will take a while but it is.

Happy memorial and Ramadan anyways

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 4:57pm On May 25, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

Same independents and millenials that gifted him the victory in 16?

That's the group that will decide not the noise from the left and right angry grin

I dont really watch the news can you send the said poll result?
It was a different story then. 100.000 dead Americans means so much to Americans. There's hardly any family not impacted with Trumpvirus as I called it. I lost two friends and have known about five guys that died of it in Chicago and few others still recovering not to talk about the economic mess that we haven't seen in like 100 years. Trump will lose in a landslide and that's why he is losing his marbles as we speak. In my view, he's the worst President in American history.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 4:58pm On May 25, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

Bad leadership and that is fixable. It will take a while but it is.

Happy memorial and Ramadan anyways
Happy Memorial. Take it easy on the Barbeque �
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AfonjaBoston: 4:59pm On May 25, 2020
I know @ Abbey can NEVER see anything good with Repubs he is in a solid blue state. grin grin grin
Unlike us that we have to keep juggling between both lol

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 5:02pm On May 25, 2020
AfonjaBoston:
I know @ Abbey can NEVER see anything good with Repubs he is in a solid blue state. angry angry angry
Unlike us that we have to keep juggling between both lol
I voted once for a Republican Gov Ryan about 20 year ago but he ended up in jail and the Democratic Gov Blagojevich that followed him ended up in jail too for trying to hustle money from someone for Obama's Senate seat. I am open to a Republican that's not filled with hate and misorgyn being a father of a Black son and three Black daughters.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AfonjaBoston: 5:02pm On May 25, 2020
Abbeybailey:
It was a different story then. 100.000 dead Americans means so much to Americans. There's hardly any family not impacted with Trumpvirus as I called it. I lost two friends and have known about five guys that died of it in Chicago and few others still recovering not to talk about the economic mess that we haven't seen in like 100 years. Trump will lose in a landslide and that's why he is losing his marbles as we speak. In my view, he's the worst President in American history.

Yea i kinda agree the deaths could have at least been averted. He played into the gallery of the conservative media with the conspiracy theories.

But he is not the war time President that has won a second term. No American needed/deserved to die the main reason my decision-making will be centered around that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 5:04pm On May 25, 2020
Davida33:

Nigeria politicians are the shit that lives in holes not the citizens and it's so sad that they have run this country down. I also blame the Citizens for supporting this politicians, our leaders have no heart. We are the world poverty capital and yet our politicians are the richest in the world due to corruption.
You speak as if those "Nigerian politicians" came from Mars to rule over the citizens of Nigeria instead of being citizens themselves and elected by the citizens. It's a convenient trick I find used by those who do not consider themselves complicit in the country being in the state its in. Such people would call Nigeria a zoo but refuse to accept that they themselves are the animals caged by their own bad thinking.

Sorry, but my position is, we the citizens are responsible for our leaders, and if they are bad, we should perhaps fix our thinking that makes us elect them instead of irresponsibly blaming others for our own ill-judgement and choice. It's we who after all suffer from our bad choices and not those we have placed in positions of enrichment, and definitely not Martians!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 5:04pm On May 25, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

Yea i kinda agree the deaths could have at least been averted. He played into the gallery of the conservative media with the conspiracy theories.

But he is not the war time President that has won a second term. No American needed/deserved to die the main reason my decision-making will be centered around that
Now buddy, you are coming around. Can you believe Trump went golfing on Sat and Sunday while Americans are mourning. That optics is bad for him or any president.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AfonjaBoston: 5:05pm On May 25, 2020
Abbeybailey:
I voted once for a Republican Gov Ryan about 20 year ago but he ended up in jail and the Democratic Gov Blagojevich that followed him ended up in jail too for trying to hustle money from someone for Obama's Senate seat. I am open to a Republican that's not filled with hate and misorgyn being a father of a Black son and three Black daughters.

I train my kids as "minorities" i hate that word though the only way they can stay afloat any form of systemic racism or bias is to be the top at whatever career they find themselves, be smart and hardworking and the so called "majority" will be licking their rear

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 5:07pm On May 25, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

I train my kids as "minorities" i hate that word though the only way they can stay afloat any form of systemic racism or bias is to be the top at whatever career they find themselves, be smart and hardworking and the so called "majority" will be licking their rear
I agree with that. I trained mine as just equal to any successful American regardless of race and gladly I have seen the result of their successes except Jnr that's still schooling.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AfonjaBoston: 5:09pm On May 25, 2020
Abbeybailey:
Now buddy, you are coming around. Can you believe Trump went golfing on Sat and Sunday while Americans are mourning. That optics is bad for him or any president.

I dont agree with everything he does. The only reason i voted him in 16 was cos Hillary felt the seat was her entitlement and her messaging was terribly poor.

His supporters will tell you though he is "following" advice from the experts to go out and have fun while still practising social distancing.

I have stopped reading about Fauci and the other lady they starting to sound like politicians to me
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AfonjaBoston: 5:12pm On May 25, 2020
So @ Abbey what does a terrible President have to do to win you over?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 5:13pm On May 25, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

I dont agree with everything he does. The only reason i voted him in 16 was cos Hillary felt the seat was her entitlement and her messaging was terribly poor.

His supporters will tell you though he is "following" advice from the experts to go out and have fun while still practising social distancing.

I have stopped reading about Fauci and the other lady they starting to sound like politicians to me
I wasn't crazy about Hillary but I voted for her because I knew how bigoted Trump was and still his. The Central Park Five case which I followed very closely was what showed me he Trump is an unrepentant vile racist. I don't know if you remember the case of CP5.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Davida33: 5:15pm On May 25, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

Lol you did not say that in your first write-up. You flat out called the entire country that which is not fair at all.
I beg to vehemently disagree
I like the way you communicate, no hate but just pure love. There is another guy on this thread that think he is the only one from America and only him will vote. He don't even live in a battleground state but in Chicago which is a Solid Blue State.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 5:20pm On May 25, 2020
Davida33:

I like the way you communicate, no hate but just pure love. There is another guy on this thread that think he is the only one from America and only him will vote. He don't even live in a battleground state but in Chicago which is a Solid Blue State.
Hate to you is calling out a hate filled president who calls people names everyday. All you need to do is follow Trump on Twitter and see how hateful he is. Americans give him back his dose of hatred every day and i do too here and that's my 1st Amendment right.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AfonjaBoston: 5:24pm On May 25, 2020
Davida33:

Its okay let it slide
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AfonjaBoston: 5:24pm On May 25, 2020
Abbeybailey:
Hate to you is calling out a hate filled president who calls people names everyday. All you need to do is follow Trump on Twitter and see how hateful he is. Americans give him back his dose of hatred every day and i do too here and that's my 1st Amendment right.

Abbey let it go please we been doing good
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AfonjaBoston: 5:25pm On May 25, 2020
Abbeybailey:
I wasn't crazy about Hillary but I voted for her because I knew how bigoted Trump was and still his. The Central Park Five case which I followed very closely was what showed me he Trump is an unrepentant vile racist. I don't know if you remember the case of CP5.

Oh yea absolutely that was a national news
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AfonjaBoston: 5:30pm On May 25, 2020
So who knows what the details of the stimilus passed by the house contain?

I hear the Repub led senate is against it? Anyone with reasons? Or is just same old politics of 2020 relevance
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 5:32pm On May 25, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

Oh yea absolutely that was a national news
I followed that because i was about the same age with those guys and my friends and i like every young and old people will hang out in Grant Park in front of the lake in the summer. I said, those guys could have been me and my buddies. Who wants to go to jail for a crime you did not commit. Trump till today still believe those guys are guilty even after being exonerated BY DNA and being paid $13 million each by the City of New York. Trump even wanted those innocent guys killed for what they knew nothing about. That's Trump right there and that's one of many reasons he will not get more than 4% of African Americans votes.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 5:33pm On May 25, 2020
AfonjaBoston:
So who knows what the details of the stimilus passed by the house contain?

I hear the Repub led senate is against it? Anyone with reasons? Or is just same old politics of 2020 relevance
Are you surprised the Republicons are against it. You know who they cater for. Their corporates masters.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AfonjaBoston: 5:36pm On May 25, 2020
Abbeybailey:
I followed that because i was about the same age with those guys and my friends and i like every young and old people will hang out in Grant Park in front of the lake in the summer. I said, those guys could have been me and my buddies. Who wants to go to jail for a crime you did not commit. Trump till today still believe those guys are guilty even after being exonerated BY DNA and being paid $13 million each by the City of New York. Trump even wanted those innocent guys killed for what they knew nothing about. That's Trump right there and that's one of many reasons he will not get more than 4% of African Americans votes.

Wow. For real never heard him say that but you might be right. Did he say this in 2016, after or way before?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 5:43pm On May 25, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

Wow. For real never heard him say that but you might be right. Did he say this in 2016, after or way before?
Google Central Park Five and call me out if i am wrong. He's an avowed racist. 8 chapters of the KKK already endorsed him and many more waiting.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 5:45pm On May 25, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

That was way before and he even took out adverts on all New York dailies calling for the execution of those young guys four who are Black and one Hispanic
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AfonjaBoston: 6:11pm On May 25, 2020
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by RandomGuy48: 6:30pm On May 25, 2020
AfonjaBoston:
Why we have a thread on nairaland about this is funny though and americans on similar portals don't care shit about naija elections

People pay a lot more attention to countries that wield a lot of power on the world stage; the countries that do the most of that are America, China, and arguably Russia. The European countries together are fairly powerful but on an individual basis not so much.

Of those three countries, America is the only one whose elections are worth paying attention to. The United Russia Party will dominate Russian politics and the Chinese Communist Party will dominate Chinese politics. America, on the other hand, fluctuates constantly as to which party is in power. So of the most major countries in the world, the only one with elections really worth paying attention to is America's.

Nigeria, however, is of pretty small importance internationally right now, and so little attention is paid to it outside of Africa.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by RandomGuy48: 6:37pm On May 25, 2020
Abbeybailey:
That's Trump right there and that's one of many reasons he will not get more than 4% of African Americans votes.
That number seems a bit questionable, as he got 8% of African American votes in 2016. Obviously still quite small, but still more than 4%.

Actually, Trump actually got a higher percentage of African Americans than Romney did in 2012, which was 6%. Though that could have just been margin of error in the exit polls.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 6:43pm On May 25, 2020
RandomGuy48:

That number seems a bit questionable, as he got 8% of African American votes in 2016. Obviously still quite small, but still more than 4%.

Actually, Trump actually got a higher percentage of African Americans than Romney did in 2012, which was 6%. Though that could have just been margin of error in the exit polls.
In 2016, he was an unknown quantity to a lot of African Americans but now that his bigotry and hatred was well known to Blacks is the reason he wouldn't get close to up to 8% he got in 2016. We shall see on Nov 3rd.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 6:45pm On May 25, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

So which one are you believing? The evidence as you said or the alternate fact? Lol
Where is the link to the said report?
I believe what the facts suggest, and not "alternate facts", an euphemism for lies and untruths!

Thankfully, its very easily noticed in a charts that measures these things, a chart Trump wasn't silent about when it was going north.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AfonjaBoston: 6:45pm On May 25, 2020
RandomGuy48:

People pay a lot more attention to countries that wield a lot of power on the world stage; the countries that do the most of that are America, China, and arguably Russia. The European countries together are fairly powerful but on an individual basis not so much.

Of those three countries, America is the only one whose elections are worth paying attention to. The United Russia Party will dominate Russian politics and the Chinese Communist Party will dominate Chinese politics. America, on the other hand, fluctuates constantly as to which party is in power. So of the most major countries in the world, the only one with elections really worth paying attention to is America's.

Nigeria, however, is of pretty small importance internationally right now, and so little attention is paid to it outside of Africa.

Nigeria is the giant of Africa that is very significant and reciprocity is a big deal in the diplomatic circle.

It rubs off negatively when i see Nigerians with no "affiliation" to the USA get so deeply involved in the process but do not have voters card to vote in Nigeria and yet the so called americans on their own portals don't open threads talking about our election.

I may be wrong and open to correction but it just
seems like licking ass to me and worshiping oyinbos.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 6:53pm On May 25, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

See. Your "decision-making" based on the established irrefutable facts, and not some conspiracy cooked up by God knows who with no evidence to support it.

Yet, some would claim the death numbers are all lies made up by counting dead cats and dogs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (4134) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.