Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,239 members, 7,829,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1635368 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (4144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 6:53pm On May 25, 2020
budaatum:

You speak as if those "Nigerian politicians" came from Mars to rule over the citizens of Nigeria instead of being citizens themselves and elected by the citizens. It's a convenient trick I find used by those who do not consider themselves complicit in the country being in the state its in. Such people would call Nigeria a zoo but refuse to accept that they themselves are the animals caged by their own bad thinking.

Sorry, but my position is, we the citizens are responsible for our leaders, and if they are bad, we should perhaps fix our thinking that makes us elect them instead of irresponsibly blaming others for our own ill-judgement and choice. It's we who after all suffer from our bad choices and not those we have placed in positions of enrichment, and definitely not Martians!

I cannot like your post enough. A people get the leaders they deserve.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 6:58pm On May 25, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

Nigeria is the giant of Africa that is very significant and reciprocity is a big deal in the diplomatic circle.

It rubs off negatively when i see Nigerians with no "affiliation" to the USA get so deeply involved in the process but do not have voters card to vote in Nigeria and yet the so called americans on their own portals don't open threads talking about our election.

I may be wrong and open to correction but it just
seems like licking ass to me and worshiping oyinbos.

You will soon be called out for that. That's my exact point. I don't even mind them getting in on American politics, my indifference to them is that why should they not worry about the situations of things in Nigeria. In my estimation, Nigeria is a very poorly run country. No good hospital, the schools are nothing to write home about. The infrastructure is decaying. No portable drinkable water, electricity is shabby at best. Graduates walking around jobless with many vices while the Thieflicians and their families and proxies live high on the hogs vacationing and going for their medical needs abroad. So shameful. Nigeria will never improve until their is a bloody revolution and that's not something I want but young people have to fight for their future if not they will be in permanent State of misery.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 7:06pm On May 25, 2020
wirinet:

I cannot like your post enough. A people get the leaders they deserve.
Our people ( Nigerians ) are very passive. I can't even comprehend Americans going through what Nigerians are going through without bloody revolution. It's true the people deserve the leadership they get and that's why a lot of us are fighting tooth and nail to hold the feet of our Leaders to fire. That applies to all not Trump alone and that's what makes a country great.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 7:21pm On May 25, 2020
Abbeybailey:
Poverty incarnate. Tomorrow is Memorial day in the Fruited Plains and i am enjoying my wife and Jnr in my beautiful yard in Suburban Oak Park. It's millions of miles far better from the sewage you called home. This kind of a house you can't even envision in your wildest dreams. Poverty skunk don't get a life like I get. Cursed poverty skunk.
Abbeybailey:
Gala hawking skunk, when I see you on nairaland begging for donations to cute your afflictions, will be magnanimous in given to your cure. I know it's a matter of time before your poverty leads you to a tragic end.
Exactly as I thought, this slimy, cowardly goofball was hiding his cowardly ass waiting for me to log out before he hauled his stinking carcass out of his septic tank hideout to take cheap shots when he knew I would be too busy to respond. What a despicable weasel!! You're are disgrace to all humanity and animal kind alike. I won't bother much though, If you’re talking behind my back then you’re in a perfect position to kiss my ass!!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 7:25pm On May 25, 2020
coluka:

Exactly as I thought, this slimy, cowardly goofball was hiding his cowardly ass waiting for me to log out before he hauled his stinking carcass out of his septic tank hideout to take cheap shots when he knew I would be too busy to respond. What a despicable weasel!! You're are disgrace to all humanity and animal kind alike. I won't bother much though, If you’re talking behind my back then you’re in a perfect position to kiss my ass!!!
Will let you carry on your lunacy. People with brain said I should let you be. Keep your lunacy going. You are what you are and i am what I am. I am very sure our paths will never cross in life. The only thing we have in common is Nairaland. Bye Felicia.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 7:28pm On May 25, 2020
Abbeybailey:
Our people ( Nigerians ) are very passive. I can't even comprehend Americans going through what Nigerians are going through without bloody revolution. It's true the people deserve the leadership they get and that's why a lot of us are fighting tooth and nail to hold the feet of our Leaders to fire. That applies to all not Trump alone and that's what makes a country great.
It's not that Nigerians are passive, the problem afflicting Nigeria and Africa as a whole is the twin evil of religion and tribalism. Religions leaders conspire with political leaders to pacify the masses with pacifist and submissive doctrines. They both milk the masses of their resources. This lead to situation where the people are taught to put their fate in the hands of God or miracles.

Tribalism is a weapon that is used to shield our leaders of any wrong doing. I call it "she is our sister syndrome". When ever a leader commits a crime, his tribe is ready to protect them, because he or she is from our tribe. They justify it by saying that when crimes are commited by other tribes, they are not punished.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 7:32pm On May 25, 2020
Abbeybailey:
Will let you carry on your lunacy. People with brain said I should let you be. Keep your lunacy going. You are what you are and i am what I am. I am very sure our paths will never cross in life. The only thing we have in common is Nairaland. Bye Felicia.
Cowardly wimp!! Don't bye Felicia me. You felt fly enough to come sneaking behind my back but you want to say bye now? How does it feel to be such a nauseating weakling? How does it feel to be known as the most cowardly piece of shit that ever existed? Don't rush to answer, take your time. You still have the rest of your life to figure that out because you will forever be a stupid coward!! So that feeling will be with you for the rest of your life.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 7:32pm On May 25, 2020
wirinet:

It's not that Nigerians are passive, the problem afflicting Nigeria and Africa as a whole is the twin evil of religion and tribalism. Religions leaders conspire with political leaders to pacify the masses with pacifist and submissive doctrines. They both milk the masses of their resources. This lead to situation where the people are taught to put their fate in the hands of God or miracles.

Tribalism is a weapon that is used to shield our leaders of any wrong doing. I call it "she is our sister syndrome". When ever a leader commits a crime, his tribe is ready to protect them, because he or she is from our tribe. They justify it by saying that when crimes are commited by other tribes, they are not punished.
I guess sufferings and hunger doesn't know tribes. I heard the average Northerners are poorer than the Southerners and their brethren have a hold on Nigeria. I am not even worried about the grown ups to be candid with you. It's the little children I see when i visit Nigeria that makes me sad. Things can't keep up like that. Maybe the country should split or go back to Regional Govt.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 7:34pm On May 25, 2020
wirinet:

Another word for what you describe is, ignorance. As in, an inability to reason by oneself and reliance on being told how and what to reason and think.

I'm currently involved with such thinking here.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 7:39pm On May 25, 2020
budaatum:

Another word for what you describe is, ignorance. As in, an inability to reason by oneself and reliance on being told how and what to reason and think.

I'm currently involved with such thinking here.
Imagine how some of our guys here are with American politics ?. If they put half of that passion and aggressiveness in Nigeria, I bet you the inept leadership will shape up but the leaders know how to play the citizens like Messi knows how to dribble and that's why they even nicknamed Babangida, Maradona. God help my people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ZooOga: 7:39pm On May 25, 2020
coluka:

Useless and nonsensical opinion

sorry i couldn't respond, the bot banned me out of the thread for some unknown reason. i suspect it's a human bot that doesn't align with some of my political viewpoints. it sucks but that's life, and i won't lose any sleep over it.

now as far as the post. there's some very factual current events that transpired recently. the financial media reported that billionaires have reaped extremely huge paydays during the lockdown, and a dam broke in the state of Michigan forcing major evacuations of residents. i don't wanna link the stories or post any pics as proof but the news is easy to search and find.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AfonjaBoston: 8:00pm On May 25, 2020
budaatum:

See. Your "decision-making" based on the established irrefutable facts, and not some conspiracy cooked up by God knows who with no evidence to support it.

Yet, some would claim the death numbers are all lies made up by counting dead cats and dogs.

I am not a red neck or uneducated person. grin
I can analyse and take decisions objectively. Remember i get naija blood whey hot pass fresh akara.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:07pm On May 25, 2020
Abbeybailey:
Imagine how some of our guys here are with American politics ?. If they put half of that passion and aggressiveness in Nigeria, I bet you the inept leadership will shape up but the leaders know how to play the citizens like Messi knows how to dribble and that's why they even nicknamed Babangida, Maradona. God help my people.
Well, I'm glad we are here learning from America. It's where we got the sort of democracy we practice from after all.

With time (we only been at it since 1999), we'd learn how, though it seems even America is still attending classes after 200 odd years.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AfonjaBoston: 8:08pm On May 25, 2020
coluka:

O boy why you acting like a sissy? Respect yourself we have moved on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:09pm On May 25, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

I am not a red neck or uneducated person. grin
I can analyse and take decisions objectively. Remember i get naija blood whey hot pass fresh akara.
Guess you're saying you know the difference between facts and alternative facts, and I'm glad you do. Those who don't are likely to drink bleach.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 8:13pm On May 25, 2020
budaatum:

Well, I'm glad we are here learning from America. It's where we got the sort of democracy we practice from after all.

With time (we only been at it since 1999), we'd learn how, though it seems even America is still attending classes after 200 odd years.
The problem is that Nigeria of 1999 was better than the Nigeria of 2020. Am I wrong. The statistics is there to proof me right and if I am wrong, please enlighten me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 8:15pm On May 25, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

Please let him be. He's looking for attention and i swear by everything I hold dear that i will never reply him again. I felt bad with what I went through with him and i apologize to the Mods and everyone on this forum.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 8:29pm On May 25, 2020
budaatum:

Guess you're saying you know the difference between facts and alternative facts, and I'm glad you do. Those who don't are likely to drink bleach.
Don't be like Trump. He's the only one who can tell his gullible followers to inject themselves with Bleach and Lysol to cure Trumpvirus. I hope they follow his advice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 8:45pm On May 25, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

I don't have any issues with you, that idiot I was responding to deserves every bit of what I sent his way. He instigated everything, I tried to keep our discussion civil but he kept sending insults my way, I warned him about that but he persisted so I let him have it. Respect is reciprocal, inasmuch as I prefer having civil debates, anybody on this forum that decides to send insults my way will get it back a hundred fold.

8 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 8:58pm On May 25, 2020
budaatum:

The only people who have been found drinking poisonous substances to fight the coronavirus happen to be Democrats in Arizona who drank Aquarium cleaner and one of them died because they couldn't tell the difference between chloroquine tablets and a poisonous liquid used in cleaning fish tanks. I suggest you worry more about democratic party supporters, they are the ones more likely to be so dumb as to drink bleach.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AfonjaBoston: 9:09pm On May 25, 2020
Abbeybailey:
Please let him be. He's looking for attention and i swear by everything I hold dear that i will never reply him again. I felt bad with what I went through with him and i apologize to the Mods and everyone on this forum.

You are a real man

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 9:14pm On May 25, 2020
Abbeybailey:
You feel sorry about what? You are the most hypocritical person I have ever seen. You were the one that started throwing insults up and down and you refused to stop until we started responding to you. Even when I stopped responding, you kept mentioning me, insulting me and trying to drag me back to join you in your gutter behavior. Now you want to start forming better person. It's only those that don't know you that you will deceive with this your fake righteousness. We know you too well that you are just like a pig that can't do without rolling in the gutter. In a few days time, you will be back to your mannerless self, throwing insults everywhere. Hypocrite

8 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 9:23pm On May 25, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

Stop judging when you don't know how something began. If anyone is a sissy here it's that abbeybailey. He's only using you as a means of escape because he was badly dealt with by coluka. If he had the upper hand, you would have seen the kind of unruly character he is. Try going through his post history including his other moniker (lucasbalo) and you will see that guy is a big hypocrite. He is the most vulgar and insultive person you will ever meet and the worse is that he is oldest person on this forum yet he is the most badly behaved.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:08pm On May 25, 2020
Abbeybailey:
The problem is that Nigeria of 1999 was better than the Nigeria of 2020. Am I wrong. The statistics is there to proof me right and if I am wrong, please enlighten me.
I don't agree that the "Nigeria of 1999 was better than the Nigeria of 2020".

In '99 Nigerians were feeding on the crumbs that fell off the politicians table, and thankfully, with crude oil at $100 a barrel, the crumbs were huge so not many starved despite ghanamustgo and dollars in soakaway looting. Bubu came in when oil had dropped to half that, so the crumbs were smaller and the lazy starved.

To put it in perspective, in '99 my local government was getting over ₦100 million in allocation a month. The money would arrive and be shared amongst those in positions of authority with none spent on development of the town. But by the time Jonathan left, my entire state was getting less than ₦100 million a month, so no development even if they wanted to.

That said , if you have statistics that show otherwise, kindly educate me.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AfonjaBoston: 10:15pm On May 25, 2020
garetz:

Stop judging when you don't know how something began. If anyone is a sissy here it's that abbeybailey. He's only using you as a means of escape because he was badly dealt with by coluka. If he had the upper hand, you would have seen the kind of unruly character he is. Try going through his post history including his other moniker (lucasbalo) and you will see that guy is a big hypocrite. He is the most vulgar and insultive person you will ever meet and the worse is that he is oldest person on this forum yet he is the most badly behaved.

Bro e done do.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 10:24pm On May 25, 2020
budaatum:

I don't agree that the "Nigeria of 1999 was better than the Nigeria of 2020".

In '99 Nigerians were feeding on the crumbs that fell off the politicians table, and thankfully, with crude oil at $100 a barrel, the crumbs were huge so not many starved despite ghanamustgo and dollars in soakaway looting. Bubu came in when oil had dropped to half that, so the crumbs were smaller and the lazy starved.

To put it in perspective, in '99 my local government was getting over ₦100 million in allocation a month. The money would arrive and be shared amongst those in positions of authority with none spent on development of the town. But by the time Jonathan left, my entire state was getting less than ₦100 million a month, so no development even if they wanted to.

That said , if you have statistics that show otherwise, kindly educate me.
I am not an expert on Naija politics. The guys that reside in Nigeria will know better than I do. I am saying that because it looks to me Nigeria is getting worse year after year. I have been spending the last 18, 19 Xmas in Lagos with my parents and that's my observation moving around and talking to the people on the ground. There are two local governments in Lagos Island and one of the two chairmen is my cousin and we talk regularly and funny enough he agrees with me but it's hard for him to spit it out because he's one of Jagaban boys.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ZooOga: 2:35am On May 26, 2020
wise move to pay the blackmailers when they allegedly have secret dirty bombs and small nukes on your soil and threaten to set them off and blame arabs. google Israeli embassy in new york and radiation hot spot.

US Senate Quietly Approves $38 Billion for Israel Amid Historic Economic Downturn

S.3176 was passed without being named, debated, or even discussed, even though it would set into law the largest such aid package in US history.

by Alison Weir

https://www.mintpressnews.com/senate-foreign-relations-committee-quitely-passes-aid-israel/267851/
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DCatt: 3:04am On May 26, 2020
You this harebrained chump need to hurry up and leave the earth for me, it's going to be too hot for you, you will feel like you are in a can of sardine

What an excuse of a human being you are!

You imbecilles would rather boil and eat a baby than vote to save your lives.
donjazet:

You are a sick bastard!!!!! There is no way I share this earth with someone who is as stupid as you are lipsrsealed
I mean, could you really be this stupid or are you just playing dangerous games as an internet troll angry angry

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DCatt: 3:37am On May 26, 2020
100 yrs old pounded yam is still going to burn the deepstate in the mouth!

Why is the deepstate fighting hard to stop people from getting to the bottom of the titanic?

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DCatt: 3:57am On May 26, 2020
And

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DCatt: 4:04am On May 26, 2020
Democrats are destroying the cities they run.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DCatt: 4:14am On May 26, 2020
Democrats are still trying to steal the elections

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (4144) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.